Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

No match thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Any games of Hull's I've seen this season they have been very open at the back. It's hard to imagine United not scoring few today unless Hull change their style completely to park the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Are we sticking with this back three again or is Carrick playing in midfield with young as an actual left back?

Hococop wrote: »
    Delighted to see rojo back hope he is not risking an early return

Without surgery the shoulder will always be a little prone to dislocate again, if it continues to happen surgery will be on the table. Here's hoping it's nice and stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

s.welstead wrote: »
    No match thread?

Here

duffman13 wrote: »
    Are we sticking with this back three again or is Carrick playing in midfield with young as an actual left back?

It looks like 3-5-2

duffman13 wrote: »

I would say Young and Valencia as wing backs with Smalling and Rojo in the centre of defence. Carrick in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Would imagine it will be a back 3 of smalling Carrick rojo with young and Valencia as wing backs

Big day for RVP to shît or get off the pot with Falcao back to fitness

Sacramento wrote: »
    Without surgery the shoulder will always be a little prone to dislocate again, if it continues to happen surgery will be on the table. Here's hoping it's nice and stable.

There are shoulder dislocations and there are shoulder dislocations. Sometimes the tendons/ligaments/whatever get ruined. An operation might just not have been necessary.

• Advertisement

Carrick is surely in midfield, otherwise it's Fellaini and Mata in there together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

Are we looking at something like this with Carrick pushing back into a back three as required and Valencia and Young playing as wing backs?

.................DDG

Valencia Smalling Rojo Young

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Carrick

........Fellaini ...... Di Maria

................. Mata

........RVP ............. Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Pro. F wrote: »
    Carrick is surely in midfield, otherwise it's Fellaini and Mata in there together.

Hull are going to try and park the bus, he might feel Fellaini and Mata in CM is strong enough, with Carrick to help play out from the back.

There are shoulder dislocations and there are shoulder dislocations. Sometimes the tendons/ligaments/whatever get ruined. An operation might just not have been necessary.

Oh I know, I've had the surgery myself :D
    They very rarely operate the first or even second time (depending on damage) really. They'll almost always go with rehabilitation through physio first couple times.

lordgoat wrote: »
    You would think he would have a left foot from playing football for so long too...

B3nYLlOIcAAgpmE.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

could make a few different formations out of that 11

352 with Valencia, Young out wide and Fellaini Mata and Di Maria in midfield with the two lads up front is what I'm going for, Carrick Smalling and Rojo the 3 CBs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

could make a few different formations out of that 11

352 with Valencia, Young out wide and Fellaini Mata and Di Maria in midfield with the two lads up front is what I'm going for, Carrick Smalling and Rojo the 3 CBs

And yet none of them really feel like they'd be our best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Rooney in midfield with Fellaini possibly?

Blatter wrote: »
    Hull are going to try and park the bus, he might feel Fellaini and Mata in CM is strong enough, with Carrick to help play out from the back.

I wouldn't fancy that pair being up to it defensively myself, even if Hull are only counter attacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

zerks wrote: »
    My FF Captain this week:

article-2853462-23944CF400000578-182_964x386.jpg

I'm going to kill you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

All hail the medical team!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I blame Kew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

zerks wrote: »
    My FF Captain this week:

article-2853462-23944CF400000578-182_964x386.jpg

Oohhh !!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I'm going to kill you...

Whats worse is the talking about injuries in the interview that picture montage is taken from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

All the fair weather man utd haterz have been awfully queit. Really nice.

All the fair weather man utd haterz have been awfully queit. Really nice.

We seem to have lost a few residents in this thread since the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

We seem to have lost a few residents in this thread since the start of the season.
    Hopefully it stays that way as I've been avoiding this thread due to those type of people.

I don't mind the usuals. They are loveable.

It's the gowls that have status saying how much they love watching man unite play. Blow ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I suppose when your own house is falling down around you it makes it hard to criticise your neighbours place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Michael Carrick's influence on the team as a whole should not be understated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

B3n4Bf2IQAAsj9r.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Unlucky falcao, don't think he expected it back at the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As brutal as Hull were, I was really happy today. Some great preformances, two absolutely top level goals, Falcao back and looking like he'll be great when back fit, Fel and Rojo looking great.

DiMaria and Rooney getting hurt is a massive bummer though. Its absolutely bonkers how many injuries we're having (and yet....still in 4th!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Funny how our defense has looked a good bit better, more composed and assured since we got back an old, past it/never had it player who slows down play, contributes nothing, and only ever had one season of any worth despite being a constant starter for the most successful spell in the clubs' history, eh? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Herrera was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Fellani played great today broke up the play well, some nice linkup play in midfield. Back four were solid. Good result, hopefully DiMaria is only a niggle and nothing more.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Funny how our defense has looked a good bit better, more composed and assured since we got back an old, past it/never had it player who slows down play, contributes nothing, and only ever had one season of any worth despite being a constant starter for the most successful spell in the clubs' history, eh? :)

Valencia gets a lot of hate, he can be very under rated sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Good result but a completely expected one given it's a Steve Bruce team. Hopefully Di Maria going off was precautionary and he didn't actually do his hammie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That Falcao miss has ruined the weekend.

Ruined it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Valencia gets a lot of hate, he can be very under rated sometimes

He was talking about Carrick.

Valencia is overrated still. Been one the team's worst players for 3 straight seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We got the fear factor back at OT. Im delighted with the progress of the team so far.

LVG has done a wonderful job I think. Makes it even better the injury concerns we have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Liam O wrote: »

Valencia is overrated still. Been one the team's worst players for 3 straight seasons.
    I think (hope!) he was being sarcastic. ;)

Also agree Herrera was great today, I was quite surprised he got dropped when his form until the rib injury had been really good. Then again I bruised a rib about a month ago and it only cleared up fully earlier in the week, real irritating type of pain since you can't much to fight the pain, unlike say abdominals, shoulder, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Falcao would want to get his act together.

That fvcker is out for a month for a split end in his hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hull really are sheeeiiiiite!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Liam O wrote: »

Sure nobody rates Valencia.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Could have been 6 or 7 today - great performance .. 3 points now from Stoke and we flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bit worrying about Rooney at the end, looked like a impact injury so hes probably fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

nuxxx wrote: »
    Bit worrying about Rooney at the end, looked like a impact injury so hes probably fine

Looking at his wage packet, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Dayum wrote: »
    Falcao would want to get his act together.

That fvcker is out for a month for a split end in his hair.

Well a split end could lead to baldness or maybe headlessness in extreme cases if he played through the pain barrier.

Dayum wrote: »
    Looking at his wage packet, I'm sure he'll be fine.

.... ohhhhh, what a burn.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement