Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Dayum wrote: »
    Looking at his wage packet, I'm sure he'll be fine.

What has his wage packet got to do with him being fit for midweek vs stoke?

Dunno why I bother replying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Dayum wrote: »
    Falcao would want to get his act together.

That fvcker is out for a month for a split end in his hair.

No, he was finding the right conditioner. the air in Manchester was wrecking his hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I'm looking forward to United reducing Hull to absolute tears today.

I don't like speaking in absolutes, but Man Utd -2 @ 13/5 is an absolute certainty and I shall have every cent of the €5.27 in my bank account on it.

All winnings will be donated to the Man Utd injury clinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We should be looking to beat Stoke handily next week, which sets us up for a wild run of big matches... Southampton (A), Liverpool (H), Villa (A), Newcastle (H), Tottenham (A), Stoke (A), Southampton (H). What's more is that a winning streak there is pretty doable, and if we did pull it off (or even say 17+ of the 21 points) we would be in an absolutely excellent position.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nice goal for RVP but he was still way off the pace imo.

Carrick continued to prove that he is a level above Blind, not the other way around as many had been saying.

Hull are poor and I won't be getting too excited about this performance or result. But when you take it with the performances against Arsenal, City and Chelsea and the fact that we have had so many injuries, things aren't looking too bad.

Fingers and toes crossed that Di Maria and Rooney aren't seriously injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very Happy and not complaining at all.

But happy in the "been waiting for this type of good performance at home for 2 seasons" happy.

But like I say won't complain.:)

nuxxx wrote: »
    What has his wage packet got to do with him being fit for midweek vs stoke?

Dunno why I bother replying

Becuase he can look at it and realise how much tax he is paying.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Nice goal for RVP but he was still way off the pace imo.

Carrick continued to prove that he is a level above Blind, not the other way around as many had been saying.

Hull are poor and I won't be getting too excited about this performance or result. But when you take it with the performances against Arsenal, City and Chelsea and the fact that we have had so many injuries, things aren't looking too bad.

Fingers and toes crossed that Di Maria and Rooney aren't seriously injured.

Im not excited we beat hull, we should beat them anyway. Im happy about how comfortable they were, everything linked up well. It was the manchester of old starting to come back.

we were playing 2 at the back for a long time. I missed the first 30 mins of the second half so dont know what happened in that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Don't remember the last time we were that comfortable in a match.

Di Maria and Rooney would be a loss but Herrera and Falcao are pretty good replacements.

• Advertisement

Don't remember the last time we were that comfortable in a match.

Di Maria and Rooney would be a loss but Herrera and Falcao are pretty good replacements.
    QPR.

Apart from that one though, uuummmmm.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I can't read nevermind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Fellaini gives Carrick that little bit more freedom in the middle of the park, and he made full use of it today.

Fellaini gives Carrick that little bit more freedom in the middle of the park, and he made full use of it today.
    He hasn't played without Fellaini this season? That said, Fellaini's been doing pretty well lately.

Fellaini also seems to really understand his role. You see him getting forward onto their fullback when there's a chance of a crossfield pass that he could knock down but when he feels it's not coming out to him he gets himself back quickly in case the counter. I'd say he'll be an LVG favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Fellaini has been playing very well under VG this year, mad to think not so long ago fans were booing his introduction. Always nice to see a player regain his form.

Good performance today but injuries yet again seem to haunt us! I just want a game where no one picks up a knock ha! Hopefully Di Maria will be back soon as they didnt take any risks with him (must have been listening to Gary Neville complaining about letting players play on with knocks ;) ).

Herrera played very well when he came on and Mata impressed after being moved into that role behind the strikers. RVP was touch and go at times, lovely finish for the goal but it's still not quite clicking with him. Caught offside a lot of times today.

Most positive thing is we will still be in the top 4 regardless what happens with the remaining games this week, and with City and Southampton playing each other someone above us is going to drop points. We aren't there yet but the season has been improving steadily since the loss to Leicester, only 1 loss since then. Lets hope this run continues for a good bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The more I see of Leicester the more I wish we could get a do-over against them. They really aren't good and will probs be relegated this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

What did LVG say after the match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

We've already get Chelsea sh*tting themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Smalling's triple header.

smallingj5l3q.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Down to 11 points to Chelsea now.

Only conceded 3 goals in last 5 games (if I'm not mistaken) against Chelsea, City, Palace, Arsenal and Hull.

That is good when you consider the multiple back lines starting and injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

RobertKK wrote: »
    Down to 11 points to Chelsea now.

Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Only conceded 3 goals in last 5 games (if I'm not mistaken) against Chelsea, City, Palace, Arsenal and Hull.

Even more impressive when you break it down to players who played in defense. Jones, Evans, Smalling, Rojo all missed most of the games, even Rafael and Shaw too.

and those 3 goals came against Arsenal, Man City, and Chelsea. Our defense is leaky sure and we havent a hope of mounting any sort of feable titlechase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Oh **** off Van Persie.

:pac:

The Leicester game really throws off our goals conceded number for the season as well.Without that anomaly we've been fairly solid at the back, although one or two of those games can be attributed to DDG's heroics (Everton, Arsenal).

The Leicester game really throws off our goals conceded number for the season as well.Without that anomaly we've been fairly solid at the back, although one or two of those games can be attributed to DDG's heroics (Everton, Arsenal).

Well that's good point.

Could be 2 down early last week too.

But overall while little lucky I think defense has done pretty well all things considering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Quandary wrote: »
    What did LVG say after the match?

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Even more impressive when you break it down to players who played in defense. Jones, Evans, Smalling, Rojo all missed most of the games, even Rafael and Shaw too.
    For all the talk of the money spent this summer and points at X point in the season compared to last year, I would love to see a game-by-game breakdown of the starting backlines and most defensive midfielder this season vs. last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

:pac:

RVP was still fairly poor today. If that goal is the start of him scoring regularly then he'll be worth his place, but if he continues playing like today and scoring like he has been this season then he really needs to be replaced by one of the other strikers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No point getting carried away, but despite a very poor start to the season and the fact we have an injury...."crisis" doesn't do it justice, we're still in the top 4, ahead of Arsenal, Spurs and Pool, not a kick away from City.

We've had our fair share of luck that other top teams have been dire as well this year; the only one who hasn't been is Chelsea, and 11 points isn't actually THAT big a gap at this point.

If we could actually get over this injury crisis, get Falcao and DiMaria playing together, get a back line together that is actually comprised of, ya know, defenders....

The future, imo, is bright. Plenty to be optimistic about right now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

How did Falcao do when he came on?

dubmick wrote: »
    How did Falcao do when he came on?

Was a step off, as is expected coming back from injury. Was making good runs but a second too slow. Had a really good chance late on he should have buried. Did well in the build up to that moment by shurgging off defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »

God I wish that was me instead of Mata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Haven't felt as comfortable watching a United game in a long long time.
    They were muck though, they really were.

Raging about di Maria, and hopefully Rooney can make a quick recovery. ANd just to echo some other, van Persie's performance was not great at all. He took the goal fantastically well, but overall he was dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Am I the only one not worried about Di Maria's injury? Herrera is a brilliant replacement for him, he was fantastic today. We haven't had such depth in midfield for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Probably, Di Maria is a fantastic player and it would be bad to lose him for a few games, hopefully just a tweak of the hamstring.

An injury to him has been coming really, he has picked up a few knocks lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

One player comes back from injury.

Another 250 players get injured.

That's what it seems like so far.

So we are the most in form team in the last 3 games, I know it means nothing but still.

Also, its nice that lvg seems to be clicking into place now, while moyes was starting to fall apart, at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Headshot wrote: »
    God I wish that was me instead of Mata

Don't we all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Also, its nice that lvg seems to be clicking into place now, while moyes was starting to fall apart, at this stage.

Looks to be a bit of belief and confidence coming back alright although one unexpected defeat can blow that all away. Momentum is so important for us.

Looks to be a bit of belief and confidence coming back alright although one unexpected defeat can blow that all away. Momentum is so important for us.

.. like leicester

A win midweek and we be going into next weeks tough game in good spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Stoke should be a tough test

True, but at home I would expect a win.

Not been that impressed with them this season when watched them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement