Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would agree here. Would have those three as my priorities now and in the summer.

Even if Falcao comes good, I think that he, RVP and Rooney are getting on. We could really do with a 22-25 year old near world class potential/ability to bridge the gap between the trio and Wilson (who turns 19 today!).

I would expect a Reus/Robben/Bale type player would be also high up Van Gaals list of priorities

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM_7 wrote: »
    I would expect a Reus/Robben/Bale type player would be also high up Van Gaals list of priorities

Reus worries me with his injuries in recent times, but I guess could be available cheap enough.

Robben is the same situation as what we have; players who are great but getting on.

Bale....would be a dream scenario for me :p 25, well able to bang in goals, but would still facilitate Falcao, Rooney & RVP. Yeah, I'd love that one :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reus worries me with his injuries in recent times, but I guess could be available cheap enough.

Robben is the same situation as what we have; players who are great but getting on.

Bale....would be a dream scenario for me :p 25, well able to bang in goals, but would still facilitate Falcao, Rooney & RVP. Yeah, I'd love that one :P

They were more examples than suggestions

But yeah if Madrid were mad enough to let Di Maria go who knows what they will do next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Any updates on Rooney ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

This amazing event happened Saturday. We may as well wrap the season up now. Its been a success. LVG is a god.

BackUnimportantConure.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Vidal looking slow here in this clip from the weekend, had a giggle at Evra shouting at him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Uniteds best team does not include Rvp or falcoa

De Gea
    Raf-rojo-whoever is fit-shaw
    carrick
    fellaini
    Herrera
    mata
    di Maria
    Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

De Gea
    carrick
    fellaini
    Herrera
    mata
    di Maria
    Rooney

In your opinion.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

KH25 wrote: »
    Evra at his best was wonderful but in the last few years his defending really went to pot.

Don't get me wrong,I love him but his laziness as a defender would drive you nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

De Gea
    carrick
    fellaini
    Herrera
    mata
    di Maria
    Rooney

Falcao
    Falcao

Falcao
    Falcao

Falcao

Falcao
    Falcao

Falcao
    Falcao

Falcao

Also, he has Rojo on the right side of central defence. Schoolboy errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Are people still hot for Vidal?

Two friends are heavy Seria A fans from the wonder days of Channel 4 airing matches, and have been saying he looks laboured and well below his previous this season. They can't tell if he's genuinelly struggling coming back from that injury, or if its just Pogba totally overshadowing him.

Pogba who they told me penned a new deal last week.

TheDoc wrote: »
    They can't tell if he's genuinelly struggling coming back from that injury, or if its just Pogba totally overshadowing him.

He's obviously just heartbroken because his move to United didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

We did ****e last year. They do ****e this year. Only one to blame is kagawa.

Shhhh now Gowl.
    Secret Aent Kagawa has been sent to destroy good ship Dortmund and plunder the ship for its best pieces of silver... and bring them back to manchester...
    Hummels, Subotic and Reus with Kagawa...

Dream team of
    DDG
    Hummels Subotic
    Blind
    Herrera
    Reus Kagawa Di Maria
    Rooney
    Falcao RVP

We'll out score everyone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone else impressed with his movement when he came on on Saturday? However brief it was, I thought it was a joy to watch and looking forward to seeing him hopefully have a decent injury free run. the man was class and hopefully can prove he still is.

I agree. Think once he gels with the team he will score a bucket load of goals.

De Gea
    carrick
    fellaini
    Herrera
    mata
    di Maria
    Rooney

Why are all the players in your team currently playing for united?

Something not correct here.

Falcao no and Rojo yes? Christ have mercy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

brinty wrote: »
    Shhhh now Gowl.
    Secret Aent Kagawa has been sent to destroy good ship Dortmund and plunder the ship for its best pieces of silver... and bring them back to manchester...

Dream team of
    DDG
    Hummels Subotic
    Blind
    Herrera
    Reus Kagawa Di Maria
    Rooney
    Falcao RVP

Who needs fullbacks anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

lordgoat wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he was poor. Not at top of his game, but he had a goal and an assist and another header that was called offside but very close. I think his movement is excellent and he worked hard during the entire game (something that might have been missing in previous games) deserved his goal and really benefitted from Carrick in the team as he's the only one it seems who can pick out his runs, maybe Herrera can but Mata it seems can't.

Aside from his goal I would call his performance poor. I agree his movement was good, but his assist was a simple lay off and the header was saved, his passing and hold-up play was weak. That was a goal poacher type of performance for me - as in, not much to his game other than scoring goals. So if he's going to play like that he'd need to be scoring at a high rate before I'd agree that he deserves a place in this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

brinty wrote: »
    Shhhh now Gowl.

Dream team of
    DDG
    Hummels Subotic
    Blind
    Herrera
    Reus Kagawa Di Maria
    Rooney
    Falcao RVP

Ossie Ardiles as manager then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Unfair criticism of his best team available. Leaving out big names is what happens when you buy so many of them for one area of the pitch.

• Advertisement

Blue giant wrote: »
    Who needs fullbacks anyway :P

They're overrated

Blind could be a left sided FB if we need them ;)

Ossie Ardiles as manager then :D

Only if he guarantees to bring in KLlinsmann for Rooney and we get loads of Klinnsman dives celebrating every goal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Never mind that, more troubling is that it was an opinion not even a question!!!

Im scared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

This amazing event happened Saturday. We may as well wrap the season up now. Its been a success. LVG is a god.

Next thing you know he'll be passing the ball forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Next thing you know he'll be passing the ball forward.

He might take on a player too at some stage.

madcabbage wrote: »
    He might take on a player too at some stage.

Maybe he'll even realise he has a left foot!!!!! :eek:

I've gone to far haven't I???

I'll get my coat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

For those who have the will and means - :D

2m4et6g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

irishfeen wrote: »
    For those who have the will and means - :D

2m4et6g.jpg

Lots and lot of omelette recipes will be whipped up! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Am I the only one who's been very impressed by Rojo? I think he has shown some great defensive skill. Is hard but not rash, very comfortable with the ball and the only times he's looked uncomfortable can be put down to bad communication which is something that time fixes. I think he'll be a bargain and a mainstay of defense for a few years. His injury was an unlucky one so can't see much future problems there. Don't forget he provides much needed left back cover too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Liam O wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's been very impressed by Rojo? I think he has shown some great defensive skill. Is hard but not rash, very comfortable with the ball and the only times he's looked uncomfortable can be put down to bad communication which is something that time fixes. I think he'll be a bargain and a mainstay of defense for a few years. His injury was an unlucky one so can't see much future problems there. Don't forget he provides much needed left back cover too.

And on top of that it seems like he takes pride in playing with the United jersey. Seems like the sort of character that would get on well with the other players, some of the passion he's shown in celebrating goals, saves and victories has been great to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Adamocovic wrote: »
    And on top of that it seems like he takes pride in playing with the United jersey. Seems like the sort of character that would get on well with the other players, some of the passion he's shown in celebrating goals, saves and victories has been great to watch.

He's like a more tanned, tattooed version of Heinze and thats why I love him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

To my great shame after all these years I only just realise what "recipes" means

For years I was like what they on about.

I will get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

To my great shame after all these years I only just realise what "recipes" means

For years I was like what they on about.

I will get my coat

Ah jesus...

200_s.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Ah jesus...

200_s.gif

:pac:

And my IQ is meant be well above average ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We can't be too happy with our midfield options, Strootman would change the game for us. Having him and one or two of Blind, Herrera and Fellaini to partner him would leave us in a great position for choice in different scenarios.

It's not the main priority at the moment because we should manage 4th with what we have. But if, dare I say when we get back to challenging for titles we will need a player like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

In the words of the Notorious one, "All I want is hoes, big booty hoes"

Sign all the midfielders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Oh oh. He used the r word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,603 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Feels weird having a midweek game :(

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Regarding the recipes:

Is there a thread you can discuss them on are is it totally banned?

I ask cause I actually hate watching matches these days in standard definition never mind on a blurry stream. I'm a HD fanatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Any of you guys have an android phone/tablet?

Check out the last page of this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658304&page=369

just sayin ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

GSPfan wrote: »
    Regarding the recipes:

Is there a thread you can discuss them on are is it totally banned?

I ask cause I actually hate watching matches these days in standard definition never mind on a blurry stream. I'm a HD fanatic.

Totally banned

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Totally banned

For a second there i thought i was totally banned. Phew.

Thanks. I assumed it was. I wish for a day when there is a premier league streaming site such as wwe network or ufc's fight pass where you could subscribe and see whatever game you want. I have heard before that they think match day attendance would drop if every game was accesible but i am not sure thats entirely true when you can effectively get every game you want now for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

GSPfan wrote: »
    For a second there i thought i was totally banned. Phew.

Thanks. I assumed it was. I wish for a day when there is a premier league streaming site such as wwe network or ufc's fight pass where you could subscribe and see whatever game you want. I have heard before that they think match day attendance would drop if every game was accesible but i am not sure thats entirely true when you can effectively get every game you want now for free.
    No, much worse than that, ticket prices would come down.

K4t wrote: »
    No, much worse than that, ticket prices would come down.

Ha. Unbearable thought.

Here's a thought. Play all lower league football in England on Friday night and Saturday and play all Premier League games on a Sunday. No clash of interests. Show all games on tv or internet streaming site and everyone is happy. Premier league clubs attendance will not drop as you can get games on the internet anyway as it is and people will always go to the grounds. For the 2 Tuesday Champions League teams they can play their matches on a Saturday night if need be.

Its crap that this hasnt already happened but much like the movie industry they are terrified to change even in the face of piracy and a recession. There's just too much money in it to try something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Liam O wrote: »

He had few shaky moments like the one against Chelsea when he gifted the ball to Willian or against Leicester game where he was just awful but apart from those he was very good. He is not that good heading the ball but the number of ground duels he wins he just amazing. Maybe our best tackler and also very strong dealing one on one. Him and Smalling should make a good CB pairing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Ronald Koeman admits Southampton’s trip to Arsenal on Wednesday night has been made more difficult by the absence of "key player" Morgan Schneiderlin.
    Saints’ midfield lynchpin limped out of Sunday’s 3-0 Premier League defeat to Manchester City at half time.

He now needs a scan on his right adductor, with manager Koeman admitting he does not know the severity of the problem.

"Morgan's not ready for Wednesday because he needs a scan on his adductor, in his right leg, to find out exactly what happened," he said.

"It's too soon to know whether it's serious. It's not too soon to say he can't play on Wednesday, but how long he will be out I don't know."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9588627/premier-league-ronald-koeman-says-loss-of-morgan-schneiderlin-is-a-blow-for-southampton

Hopefully he will miss the game against us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭blackwave

Just seen in the telegraph that we are being linked with Godin. At 28 I feel he is a little old for the price tag of €36 million as we would probably only get 4/5 seasons out of him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11265687/Manchester-United-news-Louis-van-Gaal-weighing-up-January-move-for-Atletico-Madrid-defender-Diego-Godin.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

blackwave wrote: »
    Just seen in the telegraph that we are being linked with Godin. At 28 I feel he is a little old for the price tag of €36 million as we would probably only get 4/5 seasons out of him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11265687/Manchester-United-news-Louis-van-Gaal-weighing-up-January-move-for-Atletico-Madrid-defender-Diego-Godin.html

I thought we got Godin on the 26th of November 1992...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I know everytime i think something positive about him he gets injured.

But Smalling despite the mistake against City has been very good this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I know everytime i think something positive about him he gets injured.

But Smalling despite the mistake against City has been very good this season.

That City game really fecked him over.

He was very good against Chelsea, Arsenal and at the weekend, heard he was good for England too - if he'd played vs City as he did vs Chelsea (or just not got himself sent off!) I reckon people would be wondering if he is developing into the CB some (well, me) thought he was becoming a few seasons back.

Hopefully he can continue to play to his best - cause he is, imo, a very good CB when on form.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement