Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Posts about the centre backs above, and I know this season it's a case if being lucky to have any fit

But ideally , you'd have both CBs chipping in 5+ goals a season from set pieces and the like.

Not many goals coming from Jones, Evans or Smalling ( yes I know he scored on Saturday)

Vidic was great for that, or the likes of Bruce before him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Apparently Rooney is out, according to SSN and Wilson is in.

Happy for Wilson but wtf is going on with falcao situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Young, Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Mata, van Persie, Wilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

why is RVP not captain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Hococop wrote: »
    What does a small tear equal to in weeks out?

I'd expect 3, he'll be back for the Stephen's Day game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Happy for Wilson but wtf is going on with falcao situation.

Probably easing him back in so they don't aggravate the injury.. He's probably be a banker to get injured with our record this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Why would RVP be captain ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Why would he be captain ?

is he not vice captain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

jameshayes wrote: »
    is he not vice captain ?

Fletcher is vice captain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

astradave wrote: »
    Probably easing him back in so they don't aggravate the injury.. He's probably be a banker to get injured with our record this season

Getting pissed off hearing this tbh ! If he's fit to be on the bench he should be starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I'd be fairly happy with the present defenders, maybe just a RB but whats certainly needed imo is an absolute beast of a midfielder to protect the back four. Sometimes when the midfield is pourous it can unfairly expose the defenders.

It wasn't too long ago that John Terry was sitting on the bench. Matic is stopping a lot of ball before it comes into Chelseas defence. Hopefully the focus will be on Stootman in Jan, a signing like that would certainly help out the defence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

I'd be fairly happy with the present defenders, maybe just a RB but whats certainly needed imo is an absolute beast of a midfielder to protect the back four. Sometimes when the midfield is pourous it can unfairly expose the defenders.

It wasn't too long ago that John Terry was sitting on the bench. Matic is stopping a lot of ball before it comes into Chelseas defence. Hopefully the focus will be on Stootman in Jan, a signing like that would certainly help out the defence

I really don't know how you can say that. We have a lot of potential in the back 4 but none are world class or even close. Ideally we should have a new top class CB and RB by the end of next Summer to compete for the league/CL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cut out the discussion and request for streams lads.

And don't think the mods are thick and don't know what "recipes" are either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

So ya, what's for dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Cut out the discussion and request for streams lads.

And don't think the mods are thick and don't know what "recipes" are either ;)

What about "concoctions" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Momentum will be coming to an abrupt halt tonight, I think.

So ya, what's for dinner?

Lots of eggs.....

madcabbage wrote: »
    Lots of eggs.....

Scrambled??

Scrambled??

Whatever tickles your fancy.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Lots of eggs.....

Funnily enough. It's the only thing I have at home to cook.

• Advertisement

Montroseee wrote: »
    I really don't know how you can say that. We have a lot of potential in the back 4 but none are world class or even close. Ideally we should have a new top class CB and RB by the end of next Summer to compete for the league/CL.

I just think our problems at the moment along with injuries is theres very little protection to the back four coming from midfield. A world class holding midfielder will go a long way to protecting the defenders.

Montroseee wrote: »

I just think our problems at the moment along with injuries is theres very little protection to the back four coming from midfield. A world class holding midfielder will go a long way to protecting the defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

lol at the interview there.

Reporter: "Louis, you have talked about the momentum from the win against Hull at the weekend. How important is that momentum?"

LVG:"I have not said this. You have said this. We have to win our next two games before we can talk about momentum. We win against Stoke and Southampton, then we can talk about how we are in the momentum."

I'm glad to hear him talking like this.

Pro. F wrote: »
    lol at the interview there.

Reporter: "Louis, you have talked about the momentum from the win against Hull at the weekend. How important is that momentum?"

LVG:"I have not said this. You have said this. We have to win our next two games before we can talk about momentum. We win against Stoke and Southampton, then we can talk about how we are in the momentum."

I'm glad to hear him talking like this.

Damn, I missed that. LVG is class with the interviews

Well in Big Fel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,658 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads Felliani has proven me wrong big time. I take everything I said about him. Its just not because of the goal tonight. He's the best player on the pitch at the moment.

I just got it so so so so so so so so so wrong about him. Im convinced LVG is getting the best out him too

What did moyes do to Fellaini last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What did moyes do to Fellaini last year?

Signed him for a team with a lot of dumb fans.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Signed him for a team with a lot of dumb fans.

A lot of fans hated him alright and turning now. But he is so different though. Is this the role he played at in Everton?

Big Dave and Ashley Fracking Young take a bow.

I can't be the only one who thinks ddg is the best in the leauge?

Well that was an interesting end to the game :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The distance between De Gea and everyone else for the title of "My favorite player in the world" grows wider every day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Poor final ball today shd easily have had 3 or 4 goals. Wrong option was taken a nubmer of times and got away with it. 3 points all the same. onwards

How the fúck did we escape with the 3 points? Doesn't matter. That was tense.

4 games on the trot now, hopefully this is the start of a nice winning streak, or an undefeated one at the least.

I be feeling

kFJ9RBF.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

My heart is gonna explode. Jesus those last few minutes :eek: De Gea remains a god and young with that clearance:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Of course he is.

Courtois my hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

On another night it could have been 6 .. I went fcuking mad when Wilson didn't square that ball .. If Rooney was playing we would have won by 4 or 5.

Overall apart from last 5 min was good, created crazy amount of chances which is a good thing.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The distance between De Gea and everyone else for the title of "My favorite player in the world" grows wider every day...

Himself and Fellaini for me no doubt.

Dave is so important to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well done DDG and Young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Of course he is.

Courtois my hole.

I thihnk Mingolet is in with a shout.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Going by Form Wilson and rooney should be playing up front next game.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Of course he is.

Courtois my hole.

I heard courtois is an awful gowl, goes around throwing snails off houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Impressed by Wilson tonight. He has a good touch and has great pace. A pity he didn't take that chance. He's certainly a great young prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

You just knew DDG was going to be called into action when they got that free kick. To make two match winning saves within the space of a minute shows how important he is to this team. He wins us points as much as our strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

At least we got the win but ffs why do we do this to ourselves, wasted too many chances and nearly cost us in the end, just give de gea a blank cheque and tell him what ever cash he wants he gets

Ashley Young, take a bow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement