Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I love the way Fellainis hair sticks out from behind the twitter scrolll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I do enjoy reading the tweets after the matches. Once they treat twitter like they talk to the press, im happy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/marcosrojo5/status/539911301632647168

"Great difficult game but we got the three points with my friend juanmatagarcia"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

B34jlKtIAAEPoiP.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

B34nvVhCYAAi-Xe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mata won man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

So good to see team unity with the squad...much more happy faces in training and game day compared to sulking Rio and others last season...

23AE09F200000578-0-image-95_1417555332226.jpg

Here's my fact of the day :)

Night folks!

ui59MoVl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Heart stopping stuff at the end and hail De Gea!

2 points saved by Young, last season that would have went in...

23AE3BD900000578-2857899-image-111_1417556955990.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't want to be tooo optimistic, but Southampton play Arsenal tomorrow and us on Monday.

This time next week we might be in 3rd place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I don't want to be tooo optimistic, but Southampton play Arsenal tomorrow and us on Monday.

This time next week we might be in 3rd place.

That is the next step alright, then we'll look at 2nd. I think December could make or break us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

December broke us last season, hopefully different this one.

24qsbhP.png?1

December broke us last season, hopefully different this one.
    Could very well define our season this year too - some though fixtures ahead but with lads returning from injury we have to be hopeful -

35n4vbs.png

The next 5 games, are very winnable. actually until the end of january, a lot of them are very winnable. We could be in a very good place in 2nd or third if it goes our way.
    Liverpool, spurs, southampton being the hard ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

irishfeen wrote: »
    2 points saved by Young, last season that would have went in...

23AE3BD900000578-2857899-image-111_1417556955990.jpg

Ya,Young would have probably ended up scoring an OG

Some one lock that wheel and stop it from turning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Some finish to the game. A bit of luck going our way for a change. De gea is unnaturally good at close range saves and has to be up there with neuer. Fair play to young and valencia. They get a lot if stick but when we re stuck they will slot in anywhere and do a job for us. Young especially was fantastic tonight. Smalling and rojo looks like a parternership with real potential. What they have over jonny evans is a an aggressive streak. Great to see fellaini continuing his good form, did great breaking up play and taking balls on the chest. Heading in thr right direction but we need rooney badly. He sets the tempo when he s on his game and gives us so much more than an ordinary striker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think Herrera just said 'Tomorrow we will enjoy Christmas dinner'.

They are having their Christmas party tomorrow. LVG said after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anywhere to see highlights or even just the goals from tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Amazing what an amazing save and unbelievable clearance at the end can do for people's outlook on the game.

The high balls into the box were defended terribly for those chances and if they had equalised most people would be highlighting the huge problem smalling and Rojo currently are.

Having a keeper in unreal form is the difference between United and Swansea/west ham at the minute. Definitely improving though

nkay1985 wrote: »

Reddit is good for that stuff http://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

tastyt wrote: »
    Amazing what an amazing save and unbelievable clearance at the end can do for people's outlook on the game.

The high balls into the box were defended terribly for those chances and if they had equalised most people would be highlighting the huge problem smalling and Rojo currently are.

Having a keeper in unreal form is the difference between United and Swansea/west ham at the minute. Definitely improving though

I think we would be more annoyed over our wasted chances to kill the game off like herrera and fellaini missed shots and Wilson not playing it to rvp

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    I think we would be more annoyed over our wasted chances to kill the game off like herrera and fellaini missed shots and Wilson not playing it to rvp

Maybe that's true Ya. Hope everyone realises how important and good Rooney is now and doesn't lambast him for a quiet game here and there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

nkay1985 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GLx52uFpQ&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Maybe that's true Ya. Hope everyone realises how important and good Rooney is now and doesn't lambast him for a quiet game here and there

Yeh cos a game United completely dominated at home to stoke without him is surely going to change people's opinions!

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Yeh cos a game United completely dominated at home to stoke without him is surely going to change people's opinions!

Your right, nothing will.

And there was a lot of nailbiting and heart pounding in the home six yard box for a game completely dominated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Your right, nothing will.

And there was a lot of nailbiting and heart pounding in the home six yard box for a game completely dominated

For less than 5 minutes, De Gea's save off the line was the first one he had to make all night. (Bar the goal, which was a great strike in fairness)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That first save was amazing. He had a stoke player arriving for the rebound but got his hand around it enough to push it out to the flank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Ashley Young is a shocking crosser of the ball.

I believe we would score alot more goals if he didnt play the ball over everyone 90% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bar the clearance Young had a mare again last night.

Can beat his man but his crossing and decision making is poor.

The only real standout negative last night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Bar the clearance Young had a mare again last night.

Can beat his man but his crossing and decision making is poor.

The only real standout negative last night for me.

Yeah. He tries to cut inside and go for the shot far too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

The next 5 games, are very winnable. actually until the end of january, a lot of them are very winnable. We could be in a very good place in 2nd or third if it goes our way.
    Liverpool, spurs, southampton being the hard ones.

Based on current form I'd expect us to win nearly all of those games, but it doesn't always work like that, hopefully we're in 3rd-2nd come end of janruary.

Also what's peoples opinion of Arsenal v Southampton tonight? Hoping Southampton wins because even if they do they won't be a threat for top 4 tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A nice tiring draw would suit us best I think. Want Southampton to drop points so we can go ahead, BUT arsenal are the bigger threat long term so would like to see them drop points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Lord TSC wrote: »
    A nice tiring draw would suit us best I think. Want Southampton to drop points so we can go ahead, BUT arsenal are the bigger threat long term so would like to see them drop points too.

Agreed. For me in the long run the more points we can put between ourselves and the typical top 4 contenders (4th-7th) the better.... Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool/Everton. If Southampton/Swansea/West Ham are still there and thereabouts in 10 games time then take more interest in their results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Injury crisis like never before yet... ;)

1526848_790862824314351_8702129964630335785_n.jpg?oh=f2fbee2882a92c22946c4660b44eabf7&oe=54FC8535

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,394 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Things are looking up but i still see it as a very fragile recovery at this point.

Arsenal played very poorly and didn't take their chances or punish our makeshift defence. Hull are no great shakes and Stoke risked very little last night - Southampton and Liverpool will be very different prospects, imo, and if we still have Valencia/Young at full back either side could exploit it quite readily.

Things are lookin better than a month or two back - but things can change very quickly. I don't have confidence in this United side yet that they will go out and perform each game, I still worry about our consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I found last night's game quite encouraging. There were plenty of errors, chances that were fluffed and injury time was a harrowing experience. But the team played with a tremendous level of confidence that has been absent from the side for a long time now. There were plenty of fluid passages of play that we haven't seen the like of for at least 18 months and there is a definite sense of something coming together.

When you consider the weaknesses and absences in the squad, I'm feeling pretty positive about the trajectory. It's early days, and I still live in fear of things taking a turn, but there's definitely a progression there that we didn't see for the whole of last season. The players look like they're enjoying it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What's Shaw's ETA?

The team just have to improve their ball retention. It was great against Hull but in a pressing system like Stoke had at times coupled with better organisation at the back they are a tough nut to crack at times. Looking at the Hull game the potential is there for Barca levels of control, players just have to be confident doing it.

Along with being the 'inform' team at the moment. We also have the best home record.

Chelsea are 2 points behind but have a game in hand at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Really thought Janjuaz should have been on earlier last night. Pieters was struggling, on a yellow and looked wrecked. Thought it was a mistake bringing on Falcao just to get him minutes when the game was still in the balance.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Really thought Janjuaz should have been on earlier last night. Pieters was struggling, on a yellow and looked wrecked. Thought it was a mistake bringing on Falcao just to get him minutes when the game was still in the balance.

No.

Game was in the balance so why would we bring on jan? Falcao came on for Wilson so wa a straight swap? Falcao is stronger and would be fresh to help defend.

Why would we go more attacking when we had to defend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

No.

Game was in the balance so why would we bring on jan? Falcao came on for Wilson so wa a straight swap? Falcao is stronger and would be fresh to help defend.

Why would we go more attacking when we had to defend?

Because they needed to push and putting a speedy winger on to take on a wrecked full back on the counter was far more likely to create something.

Because they needed to push and putting a speedy winger on to take on a wrecked full back on the counter was far more likely to create something.

He came on for mata didn't he? I missed a sub.

Yeah but Stoke were pushing as well and we couldn't commit people forward. Well not that we couldn't. We just didn't want to risk ring caught out which is fair enough.

He should have come on for rvp along with falcao though. If we had another midfielder I would prefer the midfielder for rvp and leave falcao up top.

He went for the safe option which is ok since we got the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

It was shocking to see Feillaini left out on the right flank for nearly the entire second half last night - he should have been hauled along with RVP at the 60th minute or there abouts and Falcao and Januzaj given a go. This persistence with RVP has to stop and it's one of the many things that worry me about Van Gaal - he seems to have his favourites, esp as history has proven they are his own countrymen.
    There were positives in this game, we got the result and there are injuries. Last night though was made for Falcao to be given a real go, not a cameo at the end - what was the point of spending all that money on him and then only giving him bit parts in a game that was crying out for him?

We only loaned him. Falcao isn't up to match fitness.

Rvp made some very sexy runs and movement and played well enough tracking back and being a Rooney. Die to Wilson wanting a go himself he missed a great chance. Stop trying to scapegoat him. He played fine, just didn't get the killer pass.

Hmmm inform Fellaini or small frustrating jan against a stoke defense. Hmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

kstand wrote: »
    It was shocking to see Feillaini left out on the right flank for nearly the entire second half last night - he should have been hauled along with RVP at the 60th minute or there abouts and Falcao and Januzaj given a go. This persistence with RVP has to stop and it's one of the many things that worry me about Van Gaal - he seems to have his favourites, esp as history has proven they are his own countrymen.
    There were positives in this game, we got the result and there are injuries. Last night though was made for Falcao to be given a real go, not a cameo at the end - what was the point of spending all that money on him and then only giving him bit parts in a game that was crying out for him?

So you think Fellaini should have been taken off when Stoke of all teams were pressing for a goal? For Januzaj. That's absolute lunacy in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement