Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

tastyt wrote: »
    Haha United fans eh. The standards around the place have seriously dropped. I suppose 4th place is successful these days and fellaini is the measure of a quality United player these days.

Moyes really messed ye lot up!!!

There is an echo in this thread. I swear I have read this from 5 different posters before

We all dream of a team of marounes

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Fellaini is doing incredibly well, he is a not world class by any means but is a solid squad player and when called upon for the last month or so he has done a great job, he is great at breaking up opposition play has a decent touch and is a beast in the air. The negative opinion of him is merely down to timing and how he was signed by Moyes after a shambles of a transfer window which had united apparently in for Vidal, Fabregas and Thiago. If Fellaini was signed this summer along with everyone else United got in I think he would be favoured very differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm going to start using this a lot around work/mates when disagreeing.
    He makes good points and all, but I'm not going to lie, it was the primary reason I thanked the post.

0bcce952d94d28f4e1134f788fc92c0bef694c936b1307d3f9f79f273166f657.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Haha United fans eh. The standards around the place have seriously dropped. I suppose 4th place is successful these days and fellaini is the measure of a quality United player these days.

Newcastle fan. How's it been for the last 45 years? Would love it if we beat ye this season.

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

3920749972_a1db0bb71f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pardew out...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

We're getting mocked by a Newcastle fan now?

Jesus the standards are really dropping around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Young should be given 5 lashes every time he crosses the ball without looking up, it's really frustrating that we have some of the best finishers in the world but we resort to aimless crosses

• Advertisement

There is an echo in this thread. I swear I have read this from 5 different posters before

3624930.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ok lads, he's playing well, that's for sure. All I'm saying is United will never win anything if fellaini is the man in midfield

Sure we won yesterday, didn't you see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Sure we won yesterday, didn't you see?

His logic is that we won't win with players playing well.

Baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Young should be given 5 lashes every time he crosses the ball without looking up, it's really frustrating that we have some of the best finishers in the world but we resort to aimless crosses

It would help if he was in his correct position, crossing on his strong foot. Saying that, he should still be able to cross with both legs. And to think he earns £118,000k a week! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Young's delivery was pretty poor last night but I actually thought he had a pretty fine game.

I hate that youngs money always comes up.

When he signed that contract he was a great player with loads of potential. We didn't sign him like he is now.

It's not his fault he got offered that contract man utd were happy to give him.

• Advertisement

Ok lads, he's playing well, that's for sure. All I'm saying is United will never win anything if fellaini is the man in midfield

Fellaini does have legs BTW, I've seen them. We've also won a few games with him in midfield. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

keane2097 wrote: »
    Young's delivery was pretty poor last night but I actually thought he had a pretty fine game.

It's been obvious during his last few games someone has had a word about cutting in on his right constantly, he's done it significantly less and is now going down the outside using his left more, it's good to see and if he keeps it up he could be an important backup to Shaw, his tacking is quite impressive as well IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

His experience is also useful, I saw him a number of times urging his team mates to calm down a bit, keep the heads and stay focused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I hate that youngs money always comes up.

When he signed that contract he was a great player with loads of potential. We didn't sign him like he is now.

It's not his fault he got offered that contract man utd were happy to give him.

Ah now, a great player he has never been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Liam O wrote: »

Whilst I agree with that, I think the point of his post is pretty spot on. The club offered him that deal, its not a stick to beat him with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

euyff.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Enjoyed the game last night , heart in mouth for the last few minutes but De Gea was again outstanding , how in the name of god is he not the Spanish number 1 now? Are they that attached to the old guard?? He is streets ahead of Casilas now, nothing to do for 90 minutes and then two brilliant saves to win us the match.

I think the glass is becoming half full for us now as we have players coming back in, I could have swore I saw Valencia use his left foot the other day as well, Young seems to be doing well under Van Gaal , positioned himself very well to get that ball off the line last night.

Wilson done well , great pace and skill and with games in the team he will improve , suffering a little bit from wanting it too much as Adnan does at times tries to take too much out of it for the want to impress when their are better options open but that will come.

No doom and gloom or Felliani complaints from me , very pleased with the teams performances at the minute hopefully we keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Fellaini was unlucky not to score two last night and had a great chance to hit another which he shot well wide. He is becoming a very useful squad member and the type of player needed to progress.

Wilson impresses me every time he plays. Knowing VG's habit of giving young players chances I am very excited about him breaking fully into the full team.

kryogen wrote: »
    Whilst I agree with that, I think the point of his post is pretty spot on. The club offered him that deal, its not a stick to beat him with.

Ah hear, I'm not putting the lad down. The point I'm just trying to make is that fellas should be strong on both feet at their crossing game (i.e Young, Valencia) considering how much money these fellas earn. But as you've said, its not their fault the club offered that level of money.

What was great to see from Young last night was the lad breaking the back line and making some effort of a cross. Something we saw from him when he first joined!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,394 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Whatever else Young did or did not do last night - that clearance off the line at the death was a fantastic bit of defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

madcabbage wrote: »
    Ah hear, I'm not putting the lad down. The point I'm just trying to make is that fellas should be strong on both feet at their crossing game (i.e Young, Valencia) considering how much money these fellas earn. But as you've said, its not their fault the club offered that level of money.

What was great to see from Young last night was the lad breaking the back line and making some effort of a cross. Something we saw from him when he first joined!

Indeed, I actually think Young is one of the best crossers of the ball at the club , when he cuts in on his right I've seen him deliver some deadly balls into the box...just needs to be consistant with.

There was a game plan behind that first goal, VG had instructed to put in high looping balls into the box so that Fellaini could try get on the end of them, saw it done 2-3 times throughout the game....it worked..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,394 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Indeed, I actually think Young is one of the best crossers of the ball at the club , when he cuts in on his right I've seen him deliver some deadly balls into the box...just needs to be consistant with.

There was a game plan behind that first goal, VG had instructed to put in high looping balls into the box so that Fellaini could try get on the end of them, saw it done 2-3 times throughout the game....it worked..
    I've seen him launch a horrible amount of crosses over to the right corner flag after cutting back on to his right.

He can put in a great cross, but he generally doesn't - regardless of the foot he is using.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Whatever else Young did or did not do last night - that clearance off the line at the death was a fantastic bit of defending.
    Yep, he had an excellent game last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

madcabbage wrote: »

that is nonsense, some of the best players to ever play the game are one footed. When have you ever seen messi, maradona, robben, rivaldo, di maria ever cross with their bad foot?! does it make them bad players? no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sorry to those who pm'd me looking for "stuff";) I was offline but I'll pm you for future reference.Anyone who gets one feel free to pass it on.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »

Ah come on. He may not be good now but his contract at the time reflected his worth. He should have got better as most players do but he didn't, it's unfortunate.

Ok I shouldn't have used the word great. But when we got him and for a season or so he was fairly good.

The club felt he deserved it and was buying his potential. In fairness to him he has never complained or spoken out.

I do agree he was awful the last few seasons. I don't think he is doing it on purpose. I still wouldn't mind him gone and someone else come in. I hate seeing his name.

Pity about fabio being let go/not being good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

wtf!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rojo's goal?

B34r0EkIAAEPVIH.jpg-large.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

zerks wrote: »
    Rojo's goal?

B34r0EkIAAEPVIH.jpg-large.jpeg

no matas, rojo is near, the ball is faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The top ten for pass completion rate across all games last night. I like the top five.

w3taq8t.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Damn it. I'm at that awkward stage where I've just stumbled upon these posts a bit too late, and it's undoubtedly been destroyed many times at this stage, and if I do now, I'll look like the ass.

I wanted to get in on the fun :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

All the Fellaini haters here make me laugh, if Rio, Evra, Vidic, Carrick had bothered their hole last year we wouldn't have had the season we had. Easier to blame the new signing I suppose. Happy to see Fellaini doing well, no superstar but is trying hard this season

The top ten for pass completion rate across all games last night. I like the top five.

w3taq8t.png

Unreal, 60 passes complete for a man with no legs

v3ttel wrote: »
    Damn it. I'm at that awkward stage where I've just stumbled upon these posts a bit too late, and it's undoubtedly been destroyed many times at this stage, and if I do now, I'll look like the ass.

I wanted to get in on the fun :(

Done!

Edit* As In I took the hit for you :)

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Unreal, 60 passes complete for a man with no legs

Two legged toure would have had 6 million had he been playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

But they won last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody who is complaining about Fellaini still either has missed the last 7 or 8 games or else are blinded by their dislike for him.

You could make a case for him in probably all of those 7 or 8 games as our man of the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody who is complaining about Fellaini still either has missed the last 7 or 8 games or else are blinded by their dislike for him.

You could make a case for him in probably all of those 7 or 8 games as our man of the match.

You left out the most obvious reason tbf.

Maybe somebody should make an inquiry into how wig sales are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

You left out the most obvious reason tbf.

That he has no legs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

fellaini.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

w3taq8t.png

where did you find this? would love to see what herrera's stats for last night was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

More injuries for Southampton. Cork gone off and long is struggling as well.

They may be depleted come Monday night for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

DDG is world class and makes some unreal saves

But I thought the two saves last night would be saves you'd expect a decent keeper to make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hopefully this Arsenal game ends in a draw. City and Chelsea aren't the ones we need to finish ahead of youd think

Southampton players confidence on the ball is brilliant, looking forward to our game, it will be tight but I think we'll beat them

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement