Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

DDG is world class and makes some unreal saves

But I thought the two saves last night would be saves you'd expect a decent keeper to make

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hopefully Tadić is out for the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

75min gone in Arsenal/Southamption game - perfect result for us if it ends that way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

irishfeen wrote: »
    75min gone in Arsenal/Southamption game - perfect result for us if it ends that way...

Sshhh keep quiet.

Sshhh keep quiet.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Looking at Sanchez makes me wish we'd spent another few bob and signed him up. He is so natural on the ball and always wants the ball.

Alderweireld off now, Wanyama next please :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Schneiderlin & Cork hopefully out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hope they keep the clean sheet now with 10 men and tire themselves out chasing arsenal around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

No.

This one was right at him in anyways, gks SHOULD be saving that.

• Advertisement

Bah!!! Couldn't hold out.

Arsenal winning now ... still a good result for us.

Long run a Southampton win would been better.

Long run a Southampton win would been better.
    Arsenal got lucky enough here to grab the win - no doubt they will lose alot more points... beat Southampton and we 3rd :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This one was right at him in anyways, gks SHOULD be saving that.

Yes but getting his right hand around it and push it out to the flank instead of into the oncoming stoke player is what makes it an amazing save. Watch the second angle and the player coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arsenal fan here lads! Us beating Southampton was a good result for yiz! I see Utd climbing over City and finishing second come the end of the season! I'm a huge fan of van Gaal. He's a great manager and he's slowly making Utd look the team they were under Fergie again. The juggernaut that is Chelsea are the team to beat right now!

DenMan wrote: »
    Arsenal fan here lads! Us beating Southampton was a good result for yiz! I see Utd climbing over City and finishing second come the end of the season! I'm a huge fan of van Gaal. He's a great manager and he's slowly making Utd look the team they were under Fergie again. The juggernaut that is Chelsea are the team to beat right now!
    I think Chelsea and City will battle on for 1st and 2nd and us and you lot for 3rd and 4th... Chelsea and City are a step up from us this season.

I think Chelsea and City will battle on for 1st and 2nd and us and you lot for 3rd and 4th... Chelsea and City are a step up from us this season.

You go there in April and if they're still in Europe you'll never know. I believe you'll be 2nd come the end of the season.

Arsenal losing would be better. In 15 games, Southampton won't be where they are, arsenal could be right behind us

• Advertisement

You go there in April and if they're still in Europe you'll never know. I believe you'll be 2nd come the of the season.
    I really hope your right! :)

I really hope your right! :)

December is a huge month for yiz! You really need to win every game! January and February all winnable imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/fixtures

DenMan - honest question... Arsene Wenger in or out for you?

December is a huge month for yiz! You really need to win every game! January and February all winnable imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/fixtures
    Ya its a massive month for us and will no doubt define our season but if we can get back a few lads from injury then i'm confident we will hold our own - one game at a time at this stage... Southampton now is massive for us - we go 3rd and everything could start falling in place.

DenMan - honest question... Arsene Wenger in or out for you?

IN! I believe he now knows how exactly to the address the team and how to make us stronger. The loss of not being in the Champions League is unthinkable (especially for the greedy clubs board). He'll finally address our defensive weaknesses in January and in the summer. He'll get in a defensive midfield general to really strengthen us. Martinez has turned into a brilliant goalkeeper. 3 clean sheets in a row. He came for crosses and collected them at ease. Well done to the young lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

All over the papers now,Rooney will be fit for the Southampton game.

• Advertisement

Hope falcao starts with rvp up top

Hope RVP, Falcao and Rooney start.

ATTACK!!

And put jan up against their biggest defender

IN! I believe he now knows how exactly to the address the team and how to make us stronger. The loss of not being in the Champions League is unthinkable (especially for the greedy clubs board). He'll finally address our defensive weaknesses in January and in the summer. He'll get in a defensive midfield general to really strengthen us. Martinez has turned into a brilliant goalkeeper. 3 clean sheets in a row. He came for crosses and collected them at ease. Well done to the young lad.
    Yeah I think it would be utter madness to get rid of him (who could fill his boots??) - I have massive respect for the man.. SAF and himself created so much success and made the Premier League into the global success it is today.. if ye miss out on Champions League then questions will no doubt be asked but if ye learn anything from us it should be that anything is possible in missing out on CL fooball.

Lads any word on Luke Shaw, Rafael, Blind and Jones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

B341tPlCEAAiFNx.jpg

zerks wrote: »
    B341tPlCEAAiFNx.jpg
    Hahaha I seen that this morning on the Daily Mail - LVG having the bants - fcuking gas :)

Yeah I think it would be utter madness to get rid of him (who could fill his boots??) - I have massive respect for the man.. SAF and himself created so much success and made the Premier League into the global success it is today.. if ye miss out on Champions League then questions will no doubt be asked but if ye learn anything from us it should be that anything is possible in missing out on CL fooball.

Very true! Not many clubs can say they have a new stadium and their turnover is huge! Bayern also come to mind! UEFA's new Fair Play rules will help too. Now they need to give back to the fans and reduce ticket costs as the Emirates is the most expensive stadium for prices. Last summer spending wise was huge for Arsenal. About £65 million spent on Sanchez, Chambers and Welbeck. Unheard of in the clubs past.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbymcmahon/2014/09/20/latest-accounts-show-financial-times-have-changed-for-arsenal/2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

zerks wrote: »
    B341tPlCEAAiFNx.jpg

Van Gaal took that sign in the background to heart when signing players in the summer.

Ghost in background and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Was at the game yesterday, didn't watch it though, just spent the guts of two hours taking photos of Dave.

fJh5GLo.jpg?1

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Was at the game yesterday, didn't watch it though, just spent the guts of two hours taking photos of Dave.

fJh5GLo.jpg?1
    Man Love for Dave getting to uncomfortable levels lately :D - £17.8m was the bargain of the decade!

We are getting awfully gay for him.

Look at him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

He's no Tim krul ",

Ok, ok, I'm going now, can't take another beating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

A shrine should be built in honour of the man. Jaysus though, the amount of photos of him is gas. Serious man love! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Rooney expected to play Monday

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-wayne-rooney-gets-4743274
    Wayne Rooney is winning his battle to be fit for Manchester United’s trip to Southampton on Monday.

The United skipper missed his side’s 2-1 win over Stoke on Tuesday with a knee injury suffered in last weekend’s 3-0 defeat of Hull.

He underwent a scan today in Manchester which showed no serious damage, and the striker is likely to be fit for the clash at St Mary’s.

Rooney is set to begin light training on Thursday, which is a major boost for United as they look to continue their winning run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I predicted this years ago lads. Years.

Mikey even made me a sig.
    Think it was '97 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Would be alot more confident going to Southampton if Rooney plays, I think we would have scored another couple last night with him in the team

Almost forgot LvG was in this! Almost...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I read few people saying that Hull were woeful after we completely destroyed them but if we look back there were impressive against big team away from home.

0-0 vs Liverpool at Anfield
    2-2 vs Arsenal at Emirates where they were unlucky to concede last min equaliser.
    1-1 vs Everton at Goodison.

So we did really well not just with the scoreline but the way we played 90 mins.

Shame we couldn't replicate it vs Stoke. There are few "ifs" and "buts" posts saying ManUtd were lucky but we had the chance to put the game completely out of reach. Stoke scored a goal completely against run of play and De Gea barely had save to make till extra time.
    On the other hand we had few good chances.
    Herrera easy chance.
    Fellaini's chance which was saved.
    Wilson's chance
    There was also chance for Falcao and RVP, both headers. But that would be stretching a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Seeing How clinical City & Chelsea were last night should put a halt to any top 2 talk for a while.

Spurs and Sunderland weren't great in the end but it's real title potential when you put teams away like that. Utd don't have that ruthlessness at the moment.

Utd certainly going in the right direction but quite a bit to do yet.

Chelsea will have a blip, it's inevitable, but anyone who thinks they and City won't be top 2 at the end of the season is blinded by romance! Chelsea should win the league by 8-10 points. City will stay with them, without ever threatening them.

City are not as good as previous years but they are a step above us and Arsenal. We have the potential to improve more than Arsenal and right now 4th would be good but possibly a bit of a let down given how the league is panning out and 3rd should be the minimum.

Would also be nice to see a real crack at the FA cup for the first time in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Man Love for Dave getting to uncomfortable levels lately :D - £17.8m was the bargain of the decade!

a master stroke from fergie, if it was any other manager de gea would probably not have made it in England after his disaster of a start

I would respect Southampton, but in no way would I fear them.

A point would not be a disaster, but a win be huge going into that game following weekend.

If Rooney is back I be very confident of a win.

Looks like they may have few out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

bangkok wrote: »
    a master stroke from fergie, if it was any other manager de gea would probably not have made it in England after his disaster of a start

I view it the other way, it wasn't a disaster of a start, it was good with some shaky parts, he was a kid like!

Fergie ****ing around with him hindered him more then it helped is my take on it, he needed a consistent run in the team, not to be taken out any time there was an error or something, when he got that he kept improving, the coaching should get a lot of credit also with his natural ability continuing to flourish as he got more used to the game in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

kryogen wrote: »
    I view it the other way, it wasn't a disaster of a start, it was good with some shaky parts, he was a kid like!

Fergie ****ing around with him hindered him more then it helped is my take on it, he needed a consistent run in the team, not to be taken out any time there was an error or something, when he got that he kept improving, the coaching should get a lot of credit also with his natural ability continuing to flourish as he got more used to the game in England.

I dont think Fergie fecked around with him though ? Lindegard is a very decent keeper and definitely deserved a few games at the time, Fergie usually gave the back up keeper games regardless if you go back to when Foster and Kuschek were back up to VDS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement