Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Too slow :pac:
    Jones. - 4
    Shaw. - 3
    Rafael. - 2
    De Gea. - 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Headshot wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Well done everyone, you can count back from 10. Top drawer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

• Advertisement

Well done everyone, you can count back from 10. Top drawer.

Stop being so cranky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

DiMaria or Falcao for FF captain?

well you for one.

You're sucking the balls of certain posters and you go on about people familes(mine included) and you have never even met me yet you threw at least 4 insults at me before even though at the time it was not related to the topic at hand.

and I give you your "proof" too if likeBut hey you did not break the charter so all is well good.

stay classy.

Good man trying to delete it :)
    well you for one.
    Have never read Inverting the Pyramid or any books of that ilk, nor is there any posters here that I follow around thinking they know everything, I will thank certain people that put effort into their argument or reply, even if I don't agree with them a large part of the time(Pro.F, I often disagree with his opinions, but he puts more effort into his replies than most others).
    You're sucking the balls of certain posters

Name one.
    you go on about people familes(mine included)

I went on about your family once, because YOU brought them into this thread as ITK's, I didn't insult your family, I simply was making a joke about the fact that you're no more an ITK than a dog on the street.

I do not recall having ever mentioned anyone else's family.
    you threw at least 4 insults at me before even though at the time it was not related to the topic at hand.

Jesus wept.

and I give you your "proof" too if likeBut hey you did not break the charter so all is well good.

I await this imaginary proof, with baited breath.

stay classy.

I will, thanks.

IMO, you spout a lot of nonsense so I call you on it, always spurting out clichés or vague cryptic ITK bull****, I won't apologise for that.

However, you have just displayed some amazing Classlessness, thanks for that.

#inthemeow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Name them, you did this shít the other day about re-reg's and blew the thread way off topic again, either name them or say nothing, this vague bullshít does nothing but cause a mess.

SherlockWatson

Good man trying to delete it :)

Have never read Inverting the Pyramid or any books of that ilk, nor is there any posters here that I follow around thinking they know everything, I will thank certain people that put effort into their argument or reply, even if I don't agree with them a large part of the time(Pro.F, I often disagree with his opinions, but he puts more effort into his replies than most others).

Name one.

I went on about your family once, because YOU brought them into this thread as ITK's, I didn't insult your family, I simply was making a joke about the fact that you're no more an ITK than a dog on the street.

I do not recall having ever mentioned anyone else's family.

Jesus wept.

I await this imaginary proof, with baited breath.

I will, thanks.

IMO, you spout a lot of nonsense so I call you on it, always spurting out clichés or vague cryptic ITK bull****, I won't apologise for that.

However, you have just displayed some amazing Classlessness, thanks for that.

lol

lets just put each other on ignore list eh..

least that way people wont have read you "off topic" ****.

you have talked about my family at least 4 times. You are a liar.

SherlockWatson

It was in my signature for about 6-7 months that I am DOC09UNAM, I think everyone here knows that, including the mods, so no secret there thanks :)
    lol

lets just put each other on ignore list eh..

least that way people wont have read you "off topic" ****.

you have talked about my family at least 4 times. You are a liar.

Ok, so you think it's ok to make accusations like that, and then just high tail away from the conversation because you've absolutely no fúcking proof??

And you have the gall to talk about class??

Also, jesus for the love of god, SPELLCHECK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Woo woo woo woooo*

That's the whistle that Grampa Simpson does when he walks in the door and puts his hat on the hatstand, removes said hat from hatstand and walks back out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Roll on the weekend,International break is turning this place into Lord Of The Flies.Everyone is going nuts.

Can+t+we+all+just+get+along+and+enjoy+the+internet+_6c3f550f2c6d9c02d6edaef67f340c8a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thread has made me smile with the thunder birds go counting

Indian Super League is on atm, with Del Piero playing if anyone is interested in watching it, it's on Eurosport2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It was in my signature for about 6-7 months that I am DOC09UNAM, I think everyone here knows that, including the mods, so no secret there thanks :)

If it's no secret to the mods, why are you still here? Genuine question.

I was under the impression that re-regging was a bannable offense? Not that you can ever actually prove it but if somebody is openly admitting to it, I'm surprised nothing has been done.

Has that rule changed?

West Brom haven't beaten us at OT since 1984,please don't let it be another record that goes this weekend.

Kirby wrote: »

I was under the impression that re-regging was a bannable offense? Not that you can ever actually prove it but if somebody is openly admitting to it, I'm surprised nothing has been done.

Has that rule changed?

Only if you are banned. But even then its easy to get around that. I could say im sean south, I could have moved house or be useing a proxy and different email.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »

Has that rule changed?

Re-regging to avoid a ban is a bannable offense I believe. That isn't the case here.

^ as Gowl says above, it would be extremely easy to get around anyway, especially with the likes of Hola Unblocker, and other VPN services that are easily accessible.

Sure I'm sherlockWatson and the kew tour.

I am Spartacus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

zerks wrote: »
    West Brom haven't beaten us at OT since 1984,please don't let it be another record that goes this weekend.

They beat us last season at old Trafford.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They beat us last season at old Trafford.

Damn internet telling me lies again:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

this thread is worse than watching the budget cant wait for the match on monday so we can talk about that

The game is at the Brom's stadium anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

We're playing them at the Hawthorns so that record will remain intact for now :)

We do need 3 points from this game though. Need to get a bit of a run going.

Quandary wrote: »
    We're playing them at the Hawthorns so that record will remain intact for now :)

We do need 3 points from this game though. Need to get a bit of a run going.

As I said,roll on the weekend.Gotta get back into the swing of things.I can't even remember if we are playing home or away.:o

Fook,it's on a Monday night-I won't even get to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Ah sure, we're all one lonely guy at a computer all day. Apart from that one account I dont post for :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Term of endearment in Uruguay. Negrito is an ice cream brand in South America. Evra has played the race card 14 times in the past.

Etc.

Luke Shaw starting again for Eng U21s at 5pm, he was very good in the first leg.

Ah sure, we're all one lonely guy at a computer all day. Apart from that one account I dont post for :(.
    Its crazy the way there is people here always fighting and always on edge and looking for a fight.

If you met someone in real life after being brought together by Man utd and then was always attacking him, you would be crazy and no one would talk to you.

''Oh hey you like man utd, me too, thats class

*scene missing*

I hate you so much, even though we only ever talk about our common interest.''

If I ever had a hissy fit like some do on here without posting back sarcastically, I would need to reasses myself.

This thread has the highest amout of self righteuous posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Its crazy the way there is people here always fighting and always on edge and looking for a fight.

If you met someone in real life after being brought together by Man utd and then was always attacking him, you would be crazy and no one would talk to you.

''Oh hey you like man utd, me too, thats class

*scene missing*

I hate you so much, even though we only ever talk about our common interest.''

If I ever had a hissy fit like some do on here without posting back sarcastically, I would need to reasses myself.

This thread has the highest amout of self righteuous posters.

A more accurate analogy would be if a bunch of random United fans spent a few hours in one room discussing football every day. Add anonymity and trolls to that mix and you should expect arguments and a bit of bitchiness regularly. And this thread is no worse than any other similar spot on the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Here he goes rewriting history.

He's future FIFA President material.

This quote is particularly epic;
    “The others were actions when it was me who did wrong. I accepted that and begged forgiveness, but the racism thing, when I was accused without evidence, that did upset me.”

Sepp Blatter couldn't have said it better himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's surprising to see not a post on RVP's poor form and his performance yesterday but loads of pages arguing about Rooney when he plays better than RVP.

At least now there is no contest. Rooney is miles better than RVP and if anything it looks like RVP is on decline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It's surprising to see not a post on RVP's poor form and his performance yesterday but loads of pages arguing about Rooney when he plays better than RVP.

At least now there is no contest. Rooney is miles better than RVP and if anything it looks like RVP is on decline.

At this point I would certainly be starting Rooney over RVP, but at the same I don't think Wayne's performances against Estonia or San Marino were exactly much to write home about either (the free kick was nicely taken mind, but the keeper should have also saved it).

The Holland match reminded me of our infamous "80 something crosses" game against Fulham last year - wretched would be an understatement, and RVP didn't even look like he cared. I didn't see it all, but from what I did see I would give his performance a 2/10. Pretty much just one mark for not getting sent off and another for not blocking team mates' shots.

Billy86 wrote: »
    At this point I would certainly be starting Rooney over RVP, but at the same I don't think Wayne's performances against Estonia or San Marino were exactly much to write home about either (the free kick was nicely taken mind, but the keeper should have also saved it).

The Holland match reminded me of our infamous "80 something crosses" game against Fulham last year - wretched would be an understatement, and RVP didn't even look like he cared. I didn't see it all, but from what I did see I would give his performance a 2/10. Pretty much just one mark for not getting sent off and another for not blocking team mates' shots.

He had a great chance at 1-0 down to score a goal, but he tried to take it on the chest instead of smashing a header in, he does look to have lost his edge a little bit, hopefully it's only temporary and when he starts scoring again, he'll bang them in for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Billy86 wrote: »

Yeah Rooney was poor against Estonia. It's like choosing between 5/10 or 4/10 performance.

tbh I really don't care how United players like Rooney get on for England.

its nice if they play well but the media pressure is way ott.

• Advertisement

He had a great chance at 1-0 down to score a goal, but he tried to take it on the chest instead of smashing a header in, he does look to have lost his edge a little bit, hopefully it's only temporary and when he starts scoring again, he'll bang them in for fun.
    I actually missed that - caught from Robben's missed chance a few minutes before the second up until the 70th minute or so. It was unbelievably bad... work ball up line... cross... goes nowhere/cleared (rarely even a chance of getting a touch on it)... get ball back (usually a throw in)... slowly work up line... repeat. I sweat it was a 90 second cycle for 20 straight minutes, the single chance coming through the middle being one where Robben should have smashed it on the edge of the box when it fell to him, but jogged casually into an Icelandic defender instead.

Louis Van Gaal - fraud and spoofer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We could have done with John O'Shea at United in the past year...delighted for the former United player.

john-o-shea-manchester-united.jpg

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

O'Shea should've broken out the famous Arsenal celebration. What a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Disheartening when you see Kroos playing like that for Germany and Blind at left back for the Dutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Delighted for Josh tonight, great pro and great servant both to United and to his country.

100 caps, capped with a goal that snatched a draw in a qualifier against the World Champions. Perfect script!

K4t wrote: »
    Disheartening when you see Kroos playing like that for Germany and Blind at left back for the Dutch.
    Kroos is not a defensive midfielder, though? Madrid have been leaking a lot of goals by trying to kind of use him in that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I'm adamant we would have won the league 2011-2012 if we had kept John o Shea on. Injuries ravaged our backline that year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

John a true great professional

Who put the ball in the German net, Who put the ball in the German net Ole Gunn........ I mean John O' Fúcking Shea

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement