Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Is it not a trick question? It's never a match official?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

madcabbage wrote: »
    Is it not a trick question? It's never a match official?

Must be a trick question.

A song maybe? But it said player so I guess not.

YNWA would be a song shout maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

As I suspected it was a "flawed" question

the quiz master just emailed around that he got it wrong.

he was looking for "Paul Stewart" as the answer - which never played in Glasgow ..

he obviously got a lot of emails / questions about this question as no one could answer it.

At least we didn't have to wait until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

NeVeR wrote: »

he was looking for "Paul Stewart" as the answer - which never played in Glasgow ..

he obviously got a lot of emails / questions about this question as no one could answer it.

Boo-urns!

1ovJy95.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Good striker in his day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

bangkok wrote: »
    I think the question is incorrect..

Paul Stewart has played in the most derbies in Britain

Man City
    Tottenham
    Liverpool
    Sunderland

has it not already been written here theres several who have played in 4?

ye should kick the s*ite out of him for that :p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

he's getting a lot of abuse lol.

20 teams in the Quiz ( fun friday office quiz thing )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Cork , Schneiderlin & Alderweireld all out of mondays game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

LvG is a beast in press conferences. Just watched today's one. Very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any sca from it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Good to see Louis put the foot down about nobody mentioning several major exits we had this summer on top of the injuries (and many United fans are included here, not just the general media).

Watching in now on SSN, fair ****ing play. You got to love the man. Faith in his squad, and its showing on the pitch.

Rooney confirmed for Monday btw

Lol hes giving the hairy side of the hand to the reporter about our injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Where's Mata?

They did this behind his back bad form :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Billy86 wrote: »
    Good to see Louis put the foot down about nobody mentioning several major exits we had this summer on top of the injuries (and many United fans are included here, not just the general media).

Who is he talking about? Because most of the exits in the summer were people who needed to be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Where's Mata?

Anderson probably ate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What's the most convenient hotel near Old Trafford for myself and 16 yr old son?

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    What's the most convenient hotel near Old Trafford for myself and 16 yr old son?

I stay in the premier inn with the missus when we head over. Its literally just down the road, you can see OT from the door. Very handy if you want to do the tour of OT when its a non-match day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Who is he talking about? Because most of the exits in the summer were people who needed to be gone.

Ferdinand, Evra and Vidic. We resigned Evra if I recall, and am guessing he then said he wanted to go when Shaw was signed. Fair enough and he was past it for a while, but he still would have been handy to have around compared to Ashley Young/Lingaard at LB. Vidic and especially Ferdinand were also getting up in years quite a bit, but there is no denying how much help they could have been at various times this season - both were gone before LVG arrived so we have no idea how much he wanted them around or not. All three of these going in conjunction with Carrick missing the first three months of the season and all the injuries at the back was nothing short of comical - and no surprise, as soon as Carrick came back, our defence has started to look more solid.

Basically the injury crisis at the back came ON TOP of having lost a combined 37 years(!!) of experience at the club - the most successful in the clubs history - between those four until Carrick returned, replacing it with often times 0 senior years experience at the club (Blind, Rojo, McNair, Blackett, Shaw). It was nothing short of a ridiculous situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

KuCr4VU.jpg

Good ol stats. Just shows he dosent get as much recognition as he should.

And this.

yMkzvXK.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Where's Mata?

Juan was painting a picture of the conversation off-screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

KuCr4VU.jpg

I wonder how many he would have if he always played as a striker??

• Advertisement

Vidal in action on ESPN right now. Might as well watch. Its not like I have "stuff" to do.

Vidal in action on ESPN right now. Might as well watch. Its not like I have "stuff" to do.

On a friday night?

Drinking alone and browsing boobs on reddit is the highlight.

On a friday night?

Drinking alone and browsing boobs on reddit is the highlight.

Good idea Gowl, I'm currently at work in a church but should be able to do at least one of those things right now! Reddit is a wonder, I only 'discovered' it myself in the last year and it has many many uses!

http://gfycat.com/LegalHeftyDragon

Scholes doing a scholes in some charity legends game yesterday

Yeah Reddit is class, the soccer forum is good over there and so is the red devils forum. They post all the gifs and pictures. I just repost them here in the evening.

There is no big massive Liverpool/Man utd undertone as well. Get so see some other goals from Europe and stuff.
    Plus gifs of boobs, far better than boards overall, boards is still nice though.

Yeah reddit is the sh1t. The soccer forum is great. Posters from all over the world and the sense of humor and jokes floating around are great.

Reddit as a site is great, you can get lost there for hours. Great content everyday. It makes you wonder how tosh like Facebook is so popular.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

One message board is enough for me, too much at times :pac:
    I don't know how people can find the time for Boards, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter etc. Some people seem to live their life out online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I just can't get my head around Reddit and I've tried. I've really tried!

http://gfycat.com/LegalHeftyDragon

Scholes doing a scholes in some charity legends game yesterday

Yeah Reddit is class, the soccer forum is good over there and so is the red devils forum. They post all the gifs and pictures. I just repost them here in the evening.

There is no big massive Liverpool/Man utd undertone as well. Get so see some other goals from Europe and stuff.
    Plus gifs of boobs, far better than boards overall, boards is still nice though.

r/milf FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Mars Bar wrote: »

I hate this emoticon but sometimes it's the only suitable one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Same here. Looks so cluttered and messy to me.

One message board is enough for me, too much at times :pac:
    I don't know how people can find the time for Boards, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter etc. Some people seem to live their life out online.

Some people read a book going to bed, some watch T.V., the rest browse online. Have to say that since I found reddit, Boards has taken a bit of a backseat for me. I only lurk on reddit, but it's easy to lose an hour or 2 there before you know it just by browsing through the front page, never mind the subreddits.

For people in here who can't get enough United-related posts quick enough, the Man United subreddit is the place to go. It's what it would be like if we got our own subforum here, but with countless more users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

KuCr4VU.jpg

That doesn't include this season does it. In fairness he has got nearly as much abuse from his own fans as he does other teams. I don't think anyone is saying he is not a great player. When he scored 25+ goals a few seasons back he got the same plaudits as aguero is now.

Dayum wrote: »
    I hate this emoticon but sometimes it's the only suitable one :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how the context works here?

The format takes a few days to get used to but once you do its great.

Some tips. You have the front page or www.reddit.com and then you have subreddits, so if you add /r/soccer to the end or www.reddit.com your in the soccer subreddit or on its front page. Each subreddit will have its own banner, usually soccer has a different photo for a recent match. The default tab you'll land on is "hot". So any trending topics with the most upvotes and comments going on are sorted there.

Thats the other thing, you can upvote and downvote comments. So plenty of banter between fans and intenional winding up goes on.

You can then subscribe to the soccer subreddit (or any other subreddit) once you have an account and it will shortcut to the top of the webpage.

You can also use reddits internal search bar for whatever your looking for.

Another tip is that each new topic popping up is its own thread and you can sort the comments in certain orders. Clicking the title will take you to the video/gif/article link but under the topic you see the amount of comments so if you click on this you enter the thread and discussion on the posted topic. Usually its best to sort the comments by top i.e the most upvoted or popular as the most replies and debate will be visible.

If you use Firefox there is an addon called the reddit enhancement suite, it makes clicking and browsing around easier, I higly reccomend installing it. You can drop down view gifs and pics without the need to enter a thread, it just makes things quicker.

All the content is user driven, so if you like a topic, photography or whatever you can start and mod your own subbreddit based on it. So you have the usual subreddits like

/r/movies
    /r/music
    /r/worldnews etc etc

and some weird, wacky and hillarious ones

There are many soccer subreddits, ones for each club and then stuff for tactics and downloads

League of Ireland - /r/LeagueOfIreland - @LOI_on_Reddit - /rLOI on Fb

England

Leagues

see here for a full list

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/wiki/relatedsubreddits

Its really a rewarding site but very pun and reference heavy, it takes a bit of hanging around before you get them but once you do its great craic. Give it a chance and you'll love it.

niallo27 wrote: »
    That doesn't include this season does it. In fairness he has got nearly as much abuse from his own fans as he does other teams. I don't think anyone is saying he is not a great player. When he scored 25+ goals a few seasons back he got the same plaudits as aguero is now.

No idea robbed it from reddit, sure add on his goals and what not still dosent change the fact he is vastly underrated

• Advertisement

Plus they have a ladyboner forum, just for you.

You should tell them you are a mod on boards and we know everything about soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No idea robbed it from reddit, sure add on his goals and what not still dosent change the fact he is vastly underrated

He is not underrated. Everyone recognises him as a great player. He was touted as going to be world class when he was younger but never reached them levels but he is far from underrated.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Same here. Looks so cluttered and messy to me.

It can seem that way when your new to it. Sort the comments by top and shortcut your favourite subreddits to your account and its much easier to navigate.
    stankratz wrote: »
    Some people read a book going to bed, some watch T.V., the rest browse online. Have to say that since I found reddit, Boards has taken a bit of a backseat for me. I only lurk on reddit, but it's easy to lose an hour or 2 there before you know it just by browsing through the front page, never mind the subreddits.

For people in here who can't get enough United-related posts quick enough, the Man United subreddit is the place to go. It's what it would be like if we got our own subforum here, but with countless more users.

Here here. I've read lots of books but Reddit is simply amazing for content and variety of input and viewpoints and can be as good as and beat any good book.

ng for.

Another tip is that each new topic popping up is its own thread and you can sort the comments in certain orders. Clicking the title will take you to the video/gif/article link but under the topic you see the amount of comments so if you click on this you enter the thread and discussion on the posted topic.

This here was the part I was missing.

I'm not a fan of the threaded or tiered discussion. It feels like there is a million different conversations going on. I like chronological.

Great post though YA. I've had an account for ages and my cousin tried to get me into it recently. Give it go but meh. I'll try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Here here. I've read lots of books but Reddit is simply amazing for content and variety of input and viewpoints and can be as good as and beat any good book.

Are you on commission for recruiting? :pac:

This here was the part I was missing.

I'm not a fan of the threaded or tiered discussion. It feels like there is a million different conversations going on. I like chronological.

Great post though YA. I've had an account for ages and my cousin tried to get me into it recently. Give it go but meh. I'll try again.

And once you in the comment section don't forget to sort them by top. You can sort by new etc by top is usually the best and pick your club flair or chrest so it will show next to any comments you make as its people and club supporters from all over the world commenting. The have all the LOI flairs as far as I know.

Its modded too but much more insults are allowed to pass than on here, most of its in good spirits though.
    Are you on commission for recruiting? :pac:

Lol, no. I'd just hate anyone you guys to miss out on it. Its really that good a site. Funny, informative, topical, creative. You'll never be bored again once you get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Once you sub to places like ELI5 and Ask****tyScience the site just grows in value, some great knowledge and information on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sorry if posted already. Salute You Scholes!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f-DhpGCVPZc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rooney will play Monday.He's even got his new boots on.

23C5EE0500000578-2862274-Rooney_and_Falcao_are_harnessed_up_ready_to_take_on_a_drill_in_t-a-13_1417788623993.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement