Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

I can imagine LVG is smelling blood, I don't think anyone really expects the team to win the league but I have no doubt Van Gaal thinks HE can win the league. This is where the experience both tactically and mentally separates him from so many other managers in the league. It's what we want from a United manager and I'm sure he'd take a scrappy 1-0 on Monday and then he'll start talking about that infamous momentum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

One game at a time and all that, but I hope Liverpool start next weekend with Lambert up front on his own, or better yet, drop Lucas for Gerrard, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Agüero looks in trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Augero injured in the 2min by the looks of it. He's been subbed.

This weekend just keeps improving. Everton to get a result now hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Schneiderlin is out for Southampton so I think that will have a huge impact on the result. They won't be as solid at the back as they have been all season and we have more than enough attacking talent to break them down even without Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any reason people want an Everton win? Getting top 4 is the priority and Everton will be competing for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Any reason people want an Everton win? Getting top 4 is the priority and Everton will be competing for 4th.

If we beat Southampton they'll still be a few points behind us and we'll be right up there in 3rd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

City will be the harder team to topple as we move upwards. Everton will drop more points.

If we're competing for top 4 and hanging round outside it, then Everton are the bigger danger.

If we're competing for 2nd or 3rd, City are the bigger threat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Call me deluded all you want and probably premature in saying this but we are a shoe in for 3rd or 4th.
    Man city and Chelsea are our real rivals and always should be.

Any man utd team who has spent 150 million and dosent rely on tc23 and ando in midfield should not be worrying about Everton or scraping into top 4.

• Advertisement

Call me deluded all you want and probably premature in saying this but we are a shoe in for 3rd or 4th.

Any man utd team who has spent 150 million and dosent rely on tc23 and ando in midfield should not be worrying about Everton or scraping into top 4.

Your not deluded at all but i don't think we can win the title so i don't really care if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I am optimistic we can get 2nd but for now i would rather we get a decent lead on Spurs, Liverpool and Everton than worry about passing City.

Results today make Monday even more crucial. Cant wait for the match....come on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Your not deluded at all but i don't think we can win the title so i don't really care if we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I am optimistic we can get 2nd but for now i would rather we get a decent lead on Spurs, Liverpool and Everton than worry about passing City.

3rd over 4th is important I feel to avoid the playoff, or God forbid that a prem team in mid table win the Europa

I hope our lord and saviour is greasing up those elbows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I don't think Everton will get top6, they've been bad this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I don't think Everton will get top6, they've been bad this season
    I hope Everton are pure ****e while Martinez is in charge.I have a huge dislike for him for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Unearthly wrote: »
    3rd over 4th is important I feel to avoid the playoff, or God forbid that a prem team in mid table win the Europa

If an English team win the EL, they will be the 5th English team to qualify for the CL. They don't take 4th spot's place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rumour linking Januzaj with a loan move to real sociedad in January, linking him up with Moyes again.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Rumour linking Januzaj with a loan move to real sociedad in January, linking him up with Moyes again.

Send him out to Portugal on loan he should tear it up the standard is so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

a win and we're 3rd, 5 points off City

I would have taken that if offered at the start of August with a fully fit squad let alone one that's had massive injury problems

• Advertisement

Oh jaysus. Don't be giving us notions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can see the headline in May already

".....How?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

J. Marston wrote: »
    I can see the headline in May already

".....How?!"

vangaaldance.gif :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Another hattrick for Ronnie tonight.His 23rd in La Liga and his 200th goal there.

Impromptu beers in Dublin for winning the leauge today lads.

I have a cut of the trophies we will clean up with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ronaldo is a beast.

Today has been a good weekend so far, looking forward to Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Those 2 monumental **** ups in the Leicester and WBA games really make us look way worse than we are and are affecting perceptions

all our rivals have had those days also, apart from Chelsea and to a lesser extent City.

its what happens from here on in now that determines our season, starting with a win Monday but based off what we saw today, 3rd place should be the bare minimum that we are aiming for this season.

zerks wrote: »
    Another hattrick for Ronnie tonight.His 23rd in La Liga and his 200th goal there.

Mad thing is he's not slowing down, he's a machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Mad thing is he's not slowing down, he's a machine

200 goals in 178 games in one of the best leagues in the world. Some going.

Can see him playing well into his late 30s. He has all the attributes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Unearthly wrote: »

Don't think that matters. Almost sure that I read somewhere that your league quota doesn't get cut if a team from your league wins Europa.

Edit: Yep, we'd be grand in 4th:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2137611.html

• Advertisement

My own twist on Stan Collymore's tweet;

And you know what's going to happen now don't you...

We'll drop points as well on Monday night.

So here is a crazy idea...though it has been in the rumours pages...

Graham Hunter on Off the Ball last week said Messi could leave Barcelona but would cost £200 million as his buyout clause is €250 million. Ronaldo's is said to be around the one billion euro mark.

They were saying on the radio anyway that only a few clubs could afford him. Man City and Chelsea but no mention of United.

I am just going to put this out there, do you think Adidas will want to start off the partnership with a massive splash on Messi?
    They didn't pay £750 million for a ten year deal for small fry players.

Messi's father said they would look at any offer if the clause was met. Graham Hunter said Barcelona are isolating Messi, and that £200 million would go to paying debt and buying players and are open to a sale in the summer.

But then earlier this year Guillem Balague said United were 'lurking' about Messi, so it was never happening, and the rumour is Messi moves to Chelsea which is the strongest rumour...be nice if it attracted Ronaldo back...just give Messi the Ballon dor non stop if he moves to Chelsea :p

I go with Messi to United = very unlikely, it would be Galactico though which gives it a slight possibility.
    Chance of happening 10%

Van Gaal quote last August when Di Maria was rumoured and asked if he was interested in bringing Di Maria to Old Trafford...
    "It is not only Di Maria, maybe Vidal or Messi! We are a big club,"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So here is a crazy idea...though it has been in the rumours pages...

Graham Hunter on Off the Ball last week said Messi could leave Barcelona but would cost £200 million as his buyout clause is €250 million. Ronaldo's is said to be around the one billion euro mark.

They were saying on the radio anyway that only a few clubs could afford him. Man City and Chelsea but no mention of United.

I am just going to put this out there, do you think Adidas will want to start off the partnership with a massive splash on Messi?
    They didn't pay £750 million for a ten year deal for small fry players.

Messi's father said they would look at any offer if the clause was met. Graham Hunter said Barcelona are isolating Messi, and that £200 million would go to paying debt and buying players and are open to a sale in the summer.

But then earlier this year Guillem Balague said United were 'lurking' about Messi, so it was never happening, and the rumour is Messi moves to Chelsea which is the strongest rumour...be nice if it attracted Ronaldo back...just give Messi the Ballon dor non stop if he moves to Chelsea :p

I go with Messi to United = very unlikely, it would be Galactico though which gives it a slight possibility.
    Chance of happening 10%

Van Gaal quote last August when Di Maria was rumoured and asked if he was interested in bringing Di Maria to Old Trafford...

Fantasy stuff lad, no chance.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Barca would never sell Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Twill be like 95/96 season all over if we win the next 2 games.

From doom to boom..

Twill be like 95/96 season all over if we win the next 2 games.

From doom to boom..

No Kevin Keegan this time :(

Maybe Falcao will turn into our Cantona...

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Fantasy stuff lad, no chance.

I agree, 10% chance, just look at our team now compared to 12 months ago.
    Fantasy stuff, but I don't believe this will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Are Barca not banned from transfers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I agree, 10% chance, just look at our team now compared to 12 months ago.
    Fantasy stuff, but I don't believe this will happen.

Di Maria & Falcoa != Messi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Tomorrow night is one of the biggest games of the season so far for United. A win would be a huge result considering this weekends other games.
    With a big central defense signing in January, would anyone rule out a good title challange?
    I think the defense needs strenghtning but if everyone was back fit id be confident United could go on a great run and give chelsea a good go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

This monday night game thing is just not cool at all - what a load of sh!te :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

According to Physioroom, Di Maria is due back for the Liverpool game :)
    Blind also expected back around Jan 1st for the away trip to stoke

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

EDIT: Shaw and Rafael also due back for the Pool game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

If Messi was moving to England United would have to move heaven and earth to try and make sure it was to them. If he joined someone else it would be so long to any trophies for a while.

You're talking about a guy who made Alexis Sanchez look like a Sunday league player when they were on the same team and will do the same to Suarez while the two of them are/were the best player in the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

beno619 wrote: »
    Di Maria & Falcoa != Messi.

!= means not equal to

For anyone who isn't a nerd

Richard Keys tweeting that Aguero could be gone for the season,his ACL is done.

Without his firepower,City could be catchable,shame for him though,I actually like watching him play.

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote: »

Feckin' working,no bloody internet access there either-it's like bloody area 51.It'll be Newstalk again for updates.:(

Hopefully we won't do the usual,get a chance to move up the table and feck it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

When is Blind due back? He offers so much more than Carrick to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

irishfeen wrote: »
    Feckin' working,no bloody internet access there either-it's like bloody area 51.It'll be Newstalk again for updates.:(

Hopefully we won't do the usual,get a chance to move up the table and feck it up.

mwhahahah I work every Saturday and Sunday so these Monday night games are a godsend for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

thelad95 wrote: »
    When is Blind due back? He offers so much more than Carrick to be honest.

About five posts up.

And no, he doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Richard Keys tweeting that Aguero could be gone for the season,his ACL is done.

Without his firepower,City could be catchable,shame for him though,I actually like watching him play.

I would love to see how city can get on without him. It seems every season there is that one player that pulls their club upwards single handedly. Last time we won the title it was RVP. Last season with liverpool it was Suarez. This season for city it is Aguero. Just something i noticed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement