Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We won...

tumblr_inline_mq2anigDxo1rbdrkf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

3 points dunno how. but ya never 5 at the back again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's like the old days. Getting wins we shouldn't.

Hope it stays like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

great to see Van Persie play himself into form to some extent. the goal against Hull, the shift he put in against Stoke and the two goals from 3 chances tonight.

to use an old cliché someone phone the police, Southampton were robbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Back to the good old days of absolutely robbing wins. That was piss poor but another 3 points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Didnt play well,but got the win again,il take some of that

Roll on the Sunday

Hopefully Di Maria will be back as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Everyone was pretty crap bar RVP, Young and big Dave of course.

I've given RVP a lot of flack but he was fantastic today,barely lost the ball.

That's the sign of champions there.

The guiness international champions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

beno619 wrote: »
    Everyone was pretty crap bar RVP, Young and big Dave of course.

I've given RVP a lot of flack but he was fantastic today,barely lost the ball.

Herrera was good too. Need to pull up ourcsocks for Sunday though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smash and Grab should be the new tactic, take that arm band off Rooney too, it is either too much for him or he has been taking notes while watching Denis Wise John terry type captains, don't hound the ref even if he is a plonker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RVp was fantastic in that second half, apart from the goal. Himself and Young the only players really that can hold their heads high. Awful game.

Rooney was awful, Fellaini poor, defence a shambles. Mata totally anonymous. I really do wonder if he has a long term future at Utd. So ****ing slow.

Delighted with the 3 points though. That back 3 has to be dropped. It leaves the midfield so light. It's purpose I presume is to add extra security at the back but it invites pressure on.

Also on a side note, we have a football pools in work, first team to 21 goals. I was on 20 before tonight with Southampton and the boss was on 20 with Utd. :D
    Double result for me and €100 odd richer!

After all the crap RVP got. Best player by a mile today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Awful, awful, awful - just awful...

... Not a bad 3 points though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hilarious smash and grab win :) a massive 3 points and up the 3rd.

RVP was exceptional in the second half for us. His touch and hold up play was critical for us in the second half.
    Rooney, mata and fellaini were awful.

Young was pretty good I thought. He got caught too far up the field a couple of times and long should have scored but defended well other than that.

Bring on liverpool on Sunday :). With a back 4 please God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Utterly undeserved. Rooney was dirt, Fel and Carrick were reliving last year till Herrera came on. Young blew hot and cold, good going forward, useless going back.

RVP was brilliant and my MOTM.

Up to third, somehow. Considering how poor we've been, it's great that we're pulling away from Arsenal and Spurs in the race for top 4.

Spurs in the top 4 lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We should be odds on favourite to win the title now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

That first half performance was on another planet of sh1tness. Fellaini was horrific in the first half, came into it a bit more in the 2nd. RVP really stepped up to the plate in what was a massive game for us. Rooney was terrible as as Mata. Valencia non existent, our centre backs were all over the shop. Young was excellent at times but had a few brain farts too. DDG was heroic as usual when called upon.

3 points in the bag but a lot of heads should hang in shame after that performance. RVP bailed us out big time. But look, if it's not RVP bailing us out it'll hopefully be one of Rooney, Di Maria, Falcao etc etc :)

Massive result for us.

Oh and forgot to mention Rojos performance. Utter muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Sky Go is great. I've missed many big goals in the past. This time I enjoyed the winning goal whilst washing my hands in the toilet after a going for a piss. Unhygienic, I know, but I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That performance takes away the gloss of being 3rd right now

It got a bit better in the second half, should never play with 5 at the back again. The players were poor too, Southampton's movement and passing miles better than our own

3 points is 3 points though

• Advertisement

our lowest attempts on goal in 11 years? jasus

It's unbelievable really that Utd are third and only convinces me more that it's a piss poor league this season. Defending is a lost art in England at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Playing mediocre football and being bailed out by RVP. I's like 2012-13 all over again :D

In all seriousness, we were muck tonight. Shambles in defence, crap in midfield, lethargic up the wing, yet all we needed was one red Robin ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Last 10 PL games:
    7W 2D 1L

I'll take that, especially considering we had Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Everton and Southampton in there. Sure signs of improvement over last season.

Southampton look good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

adox wrote: »
    Oh and forgot to mention Rojos performance. Utter muck.

Stats time.

5 tackles. More than anyone on the pitch
    7 Interceptions. More than anyone on the pitch
    9 Clearances. More than anyone on the pitch.

He gave away possession few times though which was unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Headshot wrote: »
    We should be odds on favourite to win the title now

Ridiculous that Paddy Power haven't paid out yet, to be honest.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Stats time.

5 tackles. More than anyone on the pitch
    7 Interceptions. More than anyone on the pitch
    9 Clearances. More than anyone on the pitch.

He gave away possession few times though which was unnecessary.

He was muck.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ridiculous that Paddy Power haven't paid out yet, to be honest.

We should ring in to Joe Duffy tomorrow and complain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I thought Rojo was pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Play SH!TE and win..

1281977630127.gif

Fcuking love it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

adox wrote:
    Rooney was awful, Fellaini poor, defence a shambles. Mata totally anonymous. I really do wonder if he has a long term future at Utd. So ****ing slow.

I think it's the formation, Rooney looked poor there as has Mata. Way too crowded with 2 forwards on the pitch and Valencia offering no width.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

nuxxx wrote: »
    I thought Rojo was pretty good

did u see the amount of times he gave away possession

Ha spot on from Neville there about the passing. It was laughable at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Pathetic performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Good to get that ****e performance out of our system and lets steamroll Liverpool Sunday. I hope we fúcking thump them!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

8 points off the top and playing absolutely appalling. Imagine what it will be like if we get some luck with injuries and actually start playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Over the last three seasons, RVP averaged 2 goals a game in the away game to Southampton.

I get the feeling Koeman is unhappy with losing to Van Gaal.

Any chance of Di Maria being back v Pool?

Points are king...cheers lads

0mBL7ir.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Takes a good team to be that ****e and still win, roll on Sunday. A win would put clear daylight between us and pool. Hard to see them come back from that. A performance like that won't do however

Takes a good team to be that ****e and still win, roll on Sunday. A win would put clear daylight between us and pool. Hard to see them come back from that. A performance like that won't do however
    We'll play better on Sunday - I guarantee it ... remember v Chelsea and City we raised our game considerably... Rooney looked a bit rusty tonight so he should be flying again and RVP might be finding form again too.

God I love LVG

The man is a legend in my eyes

Just think when we have a fully fit squad and lvg gets a few more of his players in... droool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I didn't think the second half was all that bad, you could see a United goal coming for a while beforehand and it wasn't backs to the wall stuff afterwards, a third United goal looked more likely than a Southampton goal to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I absolutely detest 3-5-2. Made everyone look alot worse tonight. Can't understand why we didn't go to 4-4-2 when Herrera came on.

It was in the papers that Van Gaal is hoping Man City beat Roma this week and put them out of the CL, as he doesn't believe Roma will sell Strootman in January if still in the CL.
    That he would like him as soon as possible for more options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say when I see that I keep thinking of what LVG said
    Imagine what we will do when we are playing well

We are sitting third and getting points playing pretty horrendous stuff and being decimated by injuries. Could be a serious second half to the season if we get our squad back fit and keep up this form over the coming weeks.

Sets us up nicely for the weekend in some respects. Imagine your Liverpool watching that and seeing United win after being that bad.

Then think about Liverpool getting a 0-0 vs Sunderland with the manger saying they gave everything....

This could be a tremendously entertaining game on Sunday

Ashley Young again deserves praise for tonight, thought he played well.

I do have to praise him as I wanted him gone before, and it is only fair I praise him after criticising him in the past.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement