Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

B4XegMVCMAEs1ZH.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United had the only away win this weekend/Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nolars wrote: »
    Just think when we have a fully fit squad and lvg gets a few more of his players in... droool

We are nearly at Christmas and we still haven't had a chance to see what the squad are capable of. A settled back line is the building block for any sort of momentum and until that happens we are going to get some pretty ****e performances but that first half really took the biscuit.

I'm sort of depressed and elated in equal measures at the moment. Third in the league. Third in the ****ing league. I'd bite your hand off now if I was offered that as Utds finishing position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

irishfeen wrote: »
    B4XegMVCMAEs1ZH.jpg:large

Beat me to it, was just posting it!!

Was really looking forward to the game all week, was very disappointed with how we performed, but I'll take those 3 points all day.

UNITED!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Its Annoying me how much sky and the English media are trying make it seem lvg and koeman still are at war with each other

Love that lvg took McNair off I know it can be a confindece killer but he made a good call

RobertKK wrote: »
    United had the only away win this weekend/Monday.
    Of the weekend amazingly - 10 matches and only one away victory (us)... just shows how hard winning away in the PL can be.

Really love listening to LVG talk to the media.

It was tough on McNair to come off I'd say, but LVG just said, he had to take him off and that it's his responsibility as a manager to win games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Seems Edward glazer sold 3 million shares in the club not sure if it means anything or if he is just looking for a bit of cash

Hococop wrote: »
    Its Annoying me, the English media

FYP! ;) :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I said I be happy enough with 7 points from 9, from last 3 games, so full marks is bonus.

We were awful tonight though.

Valencia and Young are just not good enough even for 2nd string.

But I don't want sound too annoyed. 3 points but huge improvement needed.

Least we know how win ugly again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

For such a beautiful team, we win dirty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RobertKK wrote: »
    Ashley Young again deserves praise for tonight, thought he played well.

I do have to praise him as I wanted him gone before, and it is only fair I praise him after criticising him in the past.

He looked like he was totally finished here but over the past few weeks, he has looked fairly comfortable at left back. Not saying I want him ahead of Shaw but I think he can be a decent back-up.

I said I be happy enough with 7 points from 9, from last 3 games, so full marks is bonus.

We were awful tonight though.

Valencia and Young are just not good enough even for 2nd string.

But I don't want sound too annoyed. 3 points but huge improvement needed.

Least we know how win ugly again.

Thought Young did good tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Just remember the fixture list we had after WBA and all the pool fans saying they would pull away from us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I absolutely detest 3-5-2. Made everyone look alot worse tonight. Can't understand why we didn't go to 4-4-2 when Herrera came on.

It's never worked for us yet he's keeps going back to it, that's what baffles me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Thought Young did good tonight.

Thought he was awful.

His positioning is very worrying, his crossing is hopeless and the fact he only has 1 foot and every bit as bad as Valencia he is as predictable as they come.

Put in 1 good cross alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The away support were great tonight. Long trip on a Monday night. Heading over to the Newcastle game Stephens day myself. Can't wait :)

Thought he was awful.

His positioning is very worrying, his crossing is hopeless and the fact he only has 1 foot and every bit as bad as Valencia he is as predictable as they come.

Put in 1 good cross alright.

In fairness he actually put in two or three decent crosses tonight and at least he tried to attack the flanks unlike Valencia, however I will admit he was also guilty of losing posession with some misplaced short passes

Also not sure but did he provide assist for rvps second with the cross??

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The away support were great tonight. Long trip on a Monday night. Heading over to the Newcastle game Stephens day myself. Can't wait :)

Southampton is a very good spot on Monday night actually although hard believe.

Drink is cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Southampton is a very good spot on Monday night actually although hard believe.

Drink is cheap.

That post reads like you've been on the sauce alright.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    In fairness he actually put in two or three decent crosses tonight and at least he tried to attack the flanks unlike Valencia, however I will admit he was also guilty of losing posession with some misplaced short passes

Maybe I'm been way too harsh but 95% of time I just knew what he was going do next and was very little end product.

I dont want bash him but in no way could I say he played well.

I would love for him to be big part of team, but he keeps disappointing IMO.

That post reads like you've been on the sauce alright.

Let it out lad

Maybe I'm been way too harsh but 95% of time I just knew what he was going do next and was very little end product.

I dont want bash him but in no way could I say he played well.

I would love for him to be big part of team, but he keeps disappointing IMO.
    He's slowly improving though, he played a pivitol role in the 2-1 win last week and not just for his clearance off the line

He's slowly improving though, he played a pivitol role in the 2-1 win last week and not just for his clearance off the line

Bar the clearance off the line he was horrendous last Wednesday IMO.

He nearly cost us the game as he was a culprit in shocking defending at end.

He made up for it but no more

I didn't think the second half was all that bad, you could see a United goal coming for a while beforehand and it wasn't backs to the wall stuff afterwards, a third United goal looked more likely than a Southampton goal to be honest.

Much improved, especially in the last half an hour. And as you say at least we didn't melt like we did against stoke in the last few mins

Bar the clearance off the line he was horrendous last Wednesday IMO.

He nearly cost us the game as he was a culprit in shocking defending at end.

He made up for it but no more

Hmmm we can agree to disagree, I really thought he had a good game though

And as you say at least we didn't melt like we did against stoke in the last few mins

I will agree that we do look more composed at back and more as unit.

Still needs working on but injuries played part in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Anything from van gaal after the match? Have been one of RVPs biggest criticis all season but he was outstanding tonight. Had little or no service and two goals, great link up play and held the ball up really well. Hopefully it will kick start his season now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

CorgiCircle.gif

Around and around we go

Play shit and another 3 points gained

I hope we dont get flung off against Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Great ugly win, come on ta fack bring it on now Yeovil/Acc Stanley!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The fact that it was 3 on 3 for most of the game with regards to Southampton attackers to United defenders is all that needs to be said about the performances of the 2 wing backs. The bolded part I feel was really ignored by both.

Hopefully can snatch a draw a Yevoil, or Stanley and get the win in replay at home ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The most disappointing thing for me is that after all the talk about Southampton missing most of their midfield they still walked all over us in that area.

Also, Mourinho must piss himself laughing every time he thinks of the money he got for Mata.

B4XkcD9IUAAewjI.png

Love Johnny's reaction :)

23E40CCE00000578-0-image-a-66_1418075014498.jpg

The most disappointing thing for me is that after all the talk about Southampton missing most of their midfield they still walked all over us in that area.

Also, Mourinho must piss himself laughing every time he thinks of the money he got for Mata.

Its the system that is at fault for this, we dominated posession against hull when we played 4 at the back and 4 in midfield

3-5-2 with false wbs leaves a gaping hole in midfield, mata and fellani in the first half in particular were constantly up against 3 midfielders so when they pressed us they we forced to play the ball square or back to the cbs, this also caused multiple misplaced passes and forced errors

Carrick playing so deep didn't help either, we missed his forward passing because of his positioning tonight

On mata, Playing him as CM is fruitless, he's not strong enough simple as. His best position is already filled by Rooney so its always going to be the case for him

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Liam O wrote: »
    The fact that it was 3 on 3 for most of the game with regards to Southampton attackers to United defenders is all that needs to be said about the performances of the 2 wing backs. The bolded part I feel was really ignored by both.

Disagree,one moment that comes to mind in the second half, Young was positioned to defend against a Southampton player when a cross came in.
    If he had messed up, it would have been a one on one with the Southampton player and De Gea.
    Instead the ball was cleared.
    I would argue Young would have been better in that position than Evra last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Have to commend Young. He's really working his way back into favour with the fans this season. Been solid. Carrick is just class. Calms the middle down so much. Missed him early in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Michael Carrick this season - 5 starts, 5 wins

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/542086414390026240

Nothing to be concerned about apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Any word yet on Smallings injury?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Have to commend Young. He's really working his way back into favour with the fans this season. Been solid. Carrick is just class. Calms the middle down so much. Missed him early in the season.

Carrick was so so tonight IMO but I think because of where he was positioned.
    He provided some defensive cover tonight on a good few occasions so props to that
    I do agree hes had a great couple of games since his return.
    There was a interesting stats page tonight on Monday night football prior to kick off. Currently he's the top passer in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Chagan wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/542086414390026240

Nothing to be concerned about apparently.

Depends on the shares I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He provided some defensive cover tonight on a good few occasions so props to that

Well... was he not playing in defense from around the 35 minute mark??

• Advertisement

Well... was he not playing in defense from around the 35 minute mark??

Yep true that, maybe I'm been overly harsh good shout

But still think we can get much out of him when not playing a 3-5-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Points are king...cheers lads

VGDrinking.jpg

"Pointsh are a lot likesh a Beersh"

"Just drink the the god damn beer!"

tumblr_m9wa2tVJRr1qh5rcwo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Depends on the shares I suppose.

https://twitter.com/andersred/status/542072488038236161

They're Class A shares. Wouldn't know much about the corporate finance stuff, but this is apparently just an easy way for Ed to make a wedge off of some less important shares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How bad did Smalling injury look?

How bad did Smalling injury look?

Groin I think...slowly limping off and looked distressed...bad IMO

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement