Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Build a bon fire build a bon fire...

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Liverpool are not our rivals in the leauge.

But it's nice to shut a few up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Fellaini does what Markovic did most games, sometimes worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

a loss tonight and a loss at the weekend and surely that's Rodgers finished. Not that he's doing a bad job from a United fans PoV

I love Rogers!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Edit, wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Yeah cos Liverpool don't deserve havin the piss pulled after the maturity and lack of gloating from a lot of pool fans last season with regards to United.

mewe wrote: »
    Yeah cos Liverpool don't deserve havin the piss pulled after the maturity and lack of gloating from a lot of pool fans last season with regards to United.

I actually meant to post that in the match thread. In here it's generally grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I actually meant to post that in the match thread. In here it's generally grand.

Fair enough. I wouldn't agree with some posts regarding Liverpool either but when it comes to takin the piss they've set themselves up for it big time after last season.

mewe wrote: »
    Fair enough. I wouldn't agree with some posts regarding Liverpool either but when it comes to takin the piss they've set themselves up for it big time after last season.

Jez the fairly crawled out of the woodwork last year, lads who never seen a football game suddenly were all proclaiming Liverpool and dishing out the abuse to us united fans. They've all suddenly crawled back to where they came with there tail between their legs. Never forget it, and neither will they :pac:

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

We really need to beat them this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Did anyone else notice Brendan going to shake hands and just walk off there at the end.
    Reminded me of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Liverpool are going to be very tired for the United game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ramseys second tonight was a beauty if anyone hasn't seen it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Thought I clicked on the wrong thread. Aaaanyway, hopefully Shaw and Raf are back for Sunday. Back to a 433 pls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Mr_Red wrote: »

Ripe for the taking alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can't be meeting them at better time.

But our performance last night won't be good enough IMO.

As bad as form as Liverpool are in I expect them to play some bit decent at weekend like they usually do.

We will have be at much better standard. If we play like we can\should we will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Mr_Red wrote: »

It could be worse for them though. The game isnt on till Sunday so they have a bit of time to recover and they don't have too travel far either.

That being said, we really should have enough to beat them (as long as we dont play like last night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If United play even half decent they should be beating Liverpool comfortably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If United play even half decent they should be beating Liverpool comfortably.

We have a better team but this PL has been beyond bizarre. Anything can happen, so im still nervous about the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Is di-maria back for Sunday?

Is di-maria back for Sunday?

He should be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

That was one of the best episodes of eastenders ive seen in a long time ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Headshot wrote: »
    We have a better team but this PL has been beyond bizarre. Anything can happen, so im still nervous about the match

Hence the "should". I'm not going to be confident at all but if you step back and look at it United at Old Trafford would be expected to beat a pretty poor Liverpool setup, they have nothing up front and are terrible at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I'm giddy with excitement for Sunday! Totally forgetting last nights performance we got the result we needed now lets press on!

#WeFaffAgain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

I can only hope United play well on Sunday and hammer them. Liverpool will be well up for it, especially with a few days to recover and get prepared for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Never optimistic about Liverpool. Game raisers of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think Liverpool are in a bad bad place at the moment. Moyes bad. I can see them bursting out the blocks on Sunday but we'll gradually take control and push on and win comfortably.

3-1 United.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I would absolutely love to see United thrash Liverpool on Sunday.

(Insert Kevin Keegan here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

A win Sunday would make it the most pleasing period since we beat Villa to win the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

edgecutter wrote: »
    Never optimistic about Liverpool. Game raisers of the highest order.

They put in a shift tonight. Should be tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They put in a shift tonight. Should be tired.

We put in a shift on Monday. They put in a shift on Tuesday. The game is on Sunday. Tiredness really shouldn't be a factor for either team.

Never looked forward to Liverpool games and this weekend is no different. They're playing very poorly but you just know that Gerrard is going to turn the clock back 10 years and we're going to make Lambert look like Drogba in his prime.

.................DDG..................
    Valencia Evans Rojo Young
    .......,........Carrick............
    ....Herrera............Di Maria....
    .................Mata..............
    .......RVP............Rooney.....

Would like to see the above at the weekend if Di Maria is fit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We have no Vidic to get sent off on Sunday...

We have the best home form in the league, not sure if the best, but top 2.

We started winning away.

We can play really bad and win.

For Sunday we have the best goalkeeper and forwards.
    We have the best team.

We have to win, nothing else good enough.

Falcao to score, keep his record going of scoring against teams from Liverpool...

Viva United.

I always look forward to these games, even last season. Its what being supporter of either club is part of.

No matter what the form book goes out sometimes in these games, at present I would not rule them out, but in no way am I nervous about this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Anything can happen on Sunday but im going for a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I always look forward to these games, even last season. Its what being supporter of either club is part of.

I hate these games,im always a nervous wreck during them, rarely enjoy at all as we never seem to kill off teams like Liverpool easily.

Its my last trip of the year and hopefully it will be a good end, after starting it with a string of poor results!

I hate these games,im always a nervous wreck during them, rarely enjoy at all as we never seem to kill off teams like Liverpool easily.

Its my last trip of the year and hopefully it will be a good end, after starting it with a string of poor results!

I'm surprised to here that from you. Atmosphere should be amazing, the game will be most likely at frantic pace.

Personally, I can't wait for Sunday.

I envy you. Enjoy the match, would love to be heading over. Not till the villa game in April I'm afraid

I can't wait for the game. Liverpool are morally not even half the side they were last season.

We should be all over them. The have no goals in the team. Lambert is 32 and looked shattered tonight. Mario and Sturridge are out. Rodgers bought one decent player in Markovic and doesn't seem to play him or any of the other new signings that much.

They are there for the taking and I'm 100% confident we will win.

• Advertisement

As the Stone Roses song goes before every home game "This is the one"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm surprised to here that from you

huh? Its Homer... he's always pessimistic, gloomy or negative ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

RobertKK wrote: »

I'd love that but we need a commanding CB so much more atm

RVP and Strootman could be brothers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I adore this quote in that telegraph article

According to Hugo Borst, the Dutch journalist whose recent book, ‘O, Louis: In Search of Louis van Gaal,’ prompted the United manager to claim, "This book will sell well. Everything that has my face on it sells well,"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nice way to end the night

I'd rather listen to Pat Crerand sing Im a little tea pot 100 times with a thumping headache than listen to Thompson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd love that but we need a commanding CB so much more atm

I'd honestly rank it right back, right winger first and then CM and CB at the same a bit below. I reckon if Evans can get a run of games now beside Rojo and Jones or Smalling aren't out for too long CB will cease to be too much of an issue. A Coleman or Clyne, a top right winger or Nani back, Strootman and a CB only if Evans, Smalling and Jones continue their current injury status and the squad is looking very good.

Left back is only a problem due to it being the 4th choice left back in there atm. With a fully fit group you'd have Shaw, Blind and Rojo in there before Young. With Blind and Shaw getting injured at the same time it was unfortunate. Rojo is better served inside now due to the CB injuries but I'm hoping for a better return on games from Jones and Evans at least in the 2nd half of the season.

It's ball retention in CM that was mainly lacking last night, it was good against Hull but the team are still in that Fergie style without the wingers to play it. The standing off players worked under Fergie because the defense was one of the best ever so the lack of pressing and everyone being miles away from each other was allowable but now the players are there to play a short passing game but probably not the pressing game and this is where I'd look to players like Strootman to improve drastically.

• Advertisement

Hopefully Paddy retires or disappears soon.

Very soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement