Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Trilla wrote: »
    I'd rather here Pat Crerand sing Im a little tea pot 100 times with a thumping headache than listen to Thompson...

Me too, except when I'm listening to Thompsons hopes slowly dying like a sparrow in the frost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Hopefully Paddy retires or disappears soon.

Very soon.

At least with him and that Summerby character at City their age somewhat excuses them. I think Paddy is gas tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A loss, after all their gloating and desperation to get back into the CL, wouldn't it be hilarious for them to get knocked out in the group stages

Worth quoting,that is all.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

While I do feel a bit sorry for Rodgers at the moment, I remember back to how he dug the knife into Moyes after they beat us in old trafford last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

What did he say about Moyes?

He was nothing but respectful in the post match interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CJKIr5IhlU

Maybe I'm missing something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

When you see pics of RVP and Van Gaal together like that, you have to think that Falcao will be getting very little gametime. Rooney is his captain for club and RVP was his captain for country. Mad to be paying those kinds of wages to a back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

nuxxx wrote: »
    What did he say about Moyes?

He was nothing but respectful in the post match interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CJKIr5IhlU

Maybe I'm missing something

Moyes said beofore the game at Old Trafford that Liverpool were favorites and Rodgers said he would never say that about the opposition coming to Anfield.

It did gather a lot of media attention and made Moyes look bad (or look worse than he already did)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

For some reason I'm enjoying this season very much. Yeah most likely we won't win anything this season but we have few exciting players and looks good bet for top 4 finish. Also on top of that I'm enjoying other team's misery after what happened last season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Moyes last season in the CL...

He did great considering the domestic form. To think for a number of seconds we were at the stage of putting Bayern out.

It is a bit like Dortmund this year.

I suppose we have to support City tonight to maybe hurry up the transfer of Strootman...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

RobertKK wrote: »

He did great considering the domestic form. To think for a number of seconds we were at the stage of putting Bayern out.

I suppose we have to support City tonight to maybe hurry up the transfer of Strootman...

Not really true. Roma are also fighting for Serie A title and only 3 points behind Juve. No matter what happens today Strootman won't be sold in Jan IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not really true. Roma are also fighting for Serie A title and only 3 points behind Juve. No matter what happens today Strootman won't be sold in Jan IMO.

I wouldn't sign him in January anyway. He's not ready to play yet and looks a long way off. It'll take a bit of time for him to get back to his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

RobertKK wrote: »

It's all kagawas fault!

Rumours this morning that Smalling is out for a month....

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Made of glass, time to get rid

If he is was John O Shea we could pass him off as waterford crystal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Made of glass, time to get rid

Were Arsenal looking for him, for the same money we paid for him? At this rate it would have looked like good business.

Or was it just a swap for Vermaalen?

Don't believe me just watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »

yea looking at the game he def tore his groin, so 4-6 weeks out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

M!Ck^ wrote: »

disaster, he was playing so well lately and all, him and Rojo have been solid as f*ck.

speaking of injuries, ye see that Mickey Phelan is having a pop at LVG and pretty much is blaming him for all the injuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

disaster, he was playing so well lately and all, him and Rojo have been solid as f*ck.

speaking of injuries, ye see that Mickey Phelan is having a pop at LVG and pretty much is blaming him for all the injuries?

He was only starting to show what we all thought he would day then bam, classic Smalling..
    As for the injuries being LVG's fault I remember last year they were blaming Moyes too, it just happens to be our players are just ridiculously injury prone I think with a mixture of bad luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Is Rafeal match fit?

Yea I just read that article.
    I find it hard to take his opinion seriously if he doesn't know for sure if the training regime is either too much or too little.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    :confused:

great song, sharing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

By the time smalling is fit either Evans or Jones or both will be injured again, its just an injury merry go round at this stage. We will need to sign 2 centre backs in the summer and let the 3 lads know they are going to be back up or GTFO, its just not acceptable to keep having niggling injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Is Evans that injury prone the last three seasons 25, 30 and 40 appearances. I know he has had a few injuries this season but i wouldn't be throwing him in with Smalling and Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Evans doesn't belong in their grouping in terms of injuries, but I dunno what it is with him, I never have confidence in him to be the number 1 centre back, think he is better beside an experienced leader, not so good when the onus is on him to show leadership and command the backline.

whats the ETA for Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Sell the lot of em, **** kants.

Our injury plight is getting to me ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kryogen wrote: »
    Evans doesn't belong in their grouping in terms of injuries, but I dunno what it is with him, I never have confidence in him to be the number 1 centre back, think he is better beside an experienced leader, not so good when the onus is on him to show leadership and command the backline.

Agree.

I like Evans, but there is that something about him that does not make me fully confident in him.

• Advertisement

I like Evans, but there is that something about him that does not make me fully confident in him.

Wes Brown syndrome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Wes Brown syndrome?

I had lot of confidence in Wes Brown personally.

and the song....:pac:

whats the ETA for Jones

shin splints so hard to know, could be 2 weeks or up to 3 months from the time they started

I know LVG doesn't think he needs any more players but he really should bring in about 4 of 5 defenders and let them battle it out.

Literally, a battle of the fittest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Evans has always had to live in Rio and Vidic's shadow with regards leadership. I think he can do well with more responsibility on that regard. He just needs a run in the team. I hope he gets it now with Rojo but it's imperative they get the 2 full backs on the field post haste imo for any partnership to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I thought Rojo was very poor the other night and I haven't been that impressed with him since he came in, I don't think he's a long term solution.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

whats the ETA for Jones

For the return or for the next injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That's the same date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Jones, Evans, Smalling and Rafael are constantly somewhere on the timeline of out injured, getting taken off because of injury or recovering from injury. Never at full tilt for more than a couple of weeks, it's very damaging to a defensive set up to be trying to bed these guys in and out, changing the set-up to suit who is available etc.

United would be better off with worse players who were fit 80% of the time.

wahey!

Liam O wrote: »
    Evans has always had to live in Rio and Vidic's shadow with regards leadership. I think he can do well with more responsibility on that regard. He just needs a run in the team. I hope he gets it now with Rojo but it's imperative they get the 2 full backs on the field post haste imo for any partnership to work.

I expected him to show it at the start of the season but he failed spectacularly in it, thought he would step up but he didn't. Maybe he needs time to grow into the role but it didn't get off to the best start anyway, the extra responsibility looked like it weighed too heavy on him.

• Advertisement

Evans doesn't seem to have the leadership qualities I'd have hoped he'd build upon considering his seniority. Smalling is too timid, not hard enough in the tackle, and is perma broken. Jones is brave but dumb at times, and again he's also broken. Rafael going forward is brilliant but defensively he's a red card waiting to happen.

Looking at Chelsea's defence in comparison makes me sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Spazdarn wrote: »

Chelsea will face this issue soon enough, Terry will need to be replaced very soon and Cahill is no world beater. It will be interesting who Mourinho will consider as good enough to step into Terry's shoes.

Chelsea will face this issue soon enough, Terry will need to be replaced very soon and Cahill is no world beater. It will be interesting who Mourinho will consider as good enough to step into Terry's shoes.

would love cahill at united, one of the best defenders in the league

Will a book be written if Liverpool beat us on Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Evans doesn't seem to have the leadership qualities I'd have hoped he'd build upon considering his seniority. Smalling is too timid, not hard enough in the tackle, and is perma broken. Jones is brave but dumb at times, and again he's also broken. Rafael going forward is brilliant but defensively he's a red card waiting to happen.

How many reds has Rafael in the last 4 seasons?

Chelsea have no depth in defense, any injuries and they are in trouble.

Is it wrong that when I read someone state this as their opinion it completely devalues any point they are trying to make?

A red card waiting to happen, who hasn't been sent off since the 2012/13 seasn and in his entire 7 seasons at the club has been sent off twice in the league and once in the Champions League is my kind of red card waiting to happen.

I have a horrible feeling they will win. Everything seems so perfectly set up for it. UTD fans back to boasting, 5 win streak, back in 3rd,

You just know Liverpool will win and everything will turn on its head and be back to utd are rubbish innit?

haha kry and myself posting again at the exact same time,Such a clone account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I have a horrible feeling they will win. Everything seems so perfectly set up for it. UTD fans back to boasting, 5 win streak, back in 3rd,

You just know Liverpool will win and everything will turn on its head and be back to utd are rubbish innit?

Absolutely nothing is set up for a Liverpool win i will be surprised if United don't win with our home form.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing is set up for a Liverpool win i will be surprised if United don't win with our home form.

Form goes out the window when they play us,it'll be like a cup final for Liverpool on Sunday.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement