Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Glazers plan to turn United into the Galacticos worth £3 Billion.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/546788/Manchester-United-Glazers-spend-more-worth-3billion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

stankratz wrote: »
    If we had have gotten 3 points each from the games v. Leicester and Burnley we'd be sitting on 33 points now; 3 points behind City, with a win tomorrow bringing us level with them in 2nd.

That Leicester result in particular haunts my fúcking dreams.

Or if arsenal or Southampton took any of their chances. You would be 17 points off the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lecister and Burnley were the stupid points lost this season so far.

We hardly created anything in the Burnley game, so can't complain about points dropped. Leicester on the other hand *phew*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

stankratz wrote: »
    If we had have gotten 3 points each from the games v. Leicester and Burnley we'd be sitting on 33 points now; 3 points behind City, with a win tomorrow bringing us level with them in 2nd.

That Leicester result in particular haunts my fúcking dreams.

That Everton 4-4 the year City beat us to the league always haunts me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

niallo27 wrote: »
    Or if arsenal or Southampton took any of their chances. You would be 17 points off the top.

3910624_700b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Timmyctc wrote: »
    3910624_700b.jpg

This one is over my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

oh, he mad bro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

110eqo3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

should be used to looking up.

• Advertisement

True that, but in that reality we'd still be looking down the table at the Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Arsenal had chances against us but we clearly deserved to win that one... But sothampton deserved at least a draw, despite them having a lot of long range shots they were still the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Christmas comes early tomorrow.

Can't flipping wait!

I actually hate these games! Rarely enjoy them, always seem to be unable to do it the easy way against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sunday supplement journalist saying rumors that Wilson could start today

On another note. Is this match live on any Irish radio station?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Headshot wrote: »

Newstalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Trilla wrote: »
    Arsenal had chances against us but we clearly deserved to win that one... But sothampton deserved at least a draw, despite them having a lot of long range shots they were still the better team.

Sure, by scoring an own goal from a mis-hit cross deflecting off a player lying on the floor. Well deserved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rumours that Cuadrado will be signed next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Great success, the Snowman isn't til half 4 so I get to watch the game and have a couple of scoops too, huzzah!

Feelin a little nervous but confident of a win.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Headshot wrote: »

The Fanzine Barneyrednews Twitter account had that story very early yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I hope LVG sets us up to go for the jugular in this game. We might be no great shakes ourselves at the moment but that Liverpool side are muck in most areas of the pitch.

Come on Utd!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Nervous anticipation.
    You really cannot see anything other than a United win, as long as last Monday's performance doesn't happen again. And Liverpool have been shocking.
    Logic says comfortable home win.

But it's Liverpool, it won't be based on logic. If Giggsy's prep for the game was as good as van Gaal has said it was, that could make a difference. A moment of magic and/or madness could decide this. It will be a close run thing....

I'm still confident of a win, we have the players to make it a great day, but de Gea especially, along with the back 4, will have to play well for us to do so, as much as any of our attacking players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Off to the pub in a bit, I've been jittery all fecking morning. Just want to get this game over with! Lets stuff them.. fecking stuff them!

I'm predicting and backing a 2-1 Liverpool win. Can't see us do it for some reason. It will be our own doing imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm predicting and backing a 2-1 Liverpool win. Can't see us do it for some reason. It will be our own doing imo.

Nah a 3-1 United win with Rojo as the weekly "should have been sent off" player. Though Fellaini has been doing a number on that one this season.

Liam O wrote: »
    Nah a 3-1 United win with Rojo as the weekly "should have been sent off" player. Though Fellaini has been doing a number on that one this season.

Was hilarious v Soton in the match thread. Player comes in feet off the ground and cleans RvP. Definite Red, gets a yellow. Not a word said. literally 1 minute later fellaini shields off the ball with that forearm/elbow of his and a set of what appears to be, die hard Soton fans, lose their **** about how it was a disgraceful challenge :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was hilarious v Soton in the match thread. Player comes in feet off the ground and cleans RvP. Definite Red, gets a yellow. Not a word said. literally 1 minute later fellaini shields off the ball with that forearm/elbow of his and a set of what appears to be, die hard Soton fans, lose their **** about how it was a disgraceful challenge :pac:

It's a fun game trying to predict it. Same with the X was a poor signing/is a poor player after 5 minutes and one mistake.

Liam O wrote: »
    It's a fun game trying to predict it. Same with the X was a poor signing/is a poor player after 5 minutes and one mistake.

Well to quote one poster, our entire Midfield is "utter dross" so there's your starting point. I just hope that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot like we've been prone to recently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3 strikers and Mata. LVG wants goals :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is Mata going to play in midfield or Rooney? Jesus I hope it's not Mata.

Also no Rojo in the squad. Any news on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

No Herrara again is bullish!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I think we're going with 41212 with carrick as defensive mid, mata and fellaini in the middle and rooney playing in the whole. Very attacking side

• Advertisement

Would much prefer to see Herrera in the midfield instead of Mata. Carrick and Fellaini work much better in the gem with Herrera between them.

And Sky calling 3 at the back?? I read it as a flat back four. :confused:

Herrera for mata would make us more combative.

After seeing the lineup and subs bench, from a defensive pov I am definitely more worried now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

It looks like Rojo is injured according to LVG :(

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    It looks like Rojo is injured according to LVG :(

twitchy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

adox wrote: »
    Would much prefer to see Herrera in the midfield instead of Mata. Carrick and Fellaini work much better in the gem with Herrera between them.

And Sky calling 3 at the back?? I read it as a flat back four. :confused:

Would assume Rojo is injured as he's not in the 18. Either that or he's out for personal reasons.

I read it as a back 4 as well, I think Sky could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

That Liverpool team is there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

god im bricking it lads nervous as hell

Jones coming back into such a heated game after being out for so long could be dangerous. I hope he doesn't pick up an early yellow or we could see things go very badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Quandary wrote: »
    Jones coming back into such a heated game after being out for so long could be dangerous. I hope he doesn't pick up an early yellow or we could see things go very badly.

Especially with the probability of sterling running at him with the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I really hope it's a back 4, can't see Fellaini containing all those quick players on his own, red card waiting to happen.

Quandary wrote: »

Thought you were on about Brad Jones there and I was about to throw you out of the thread :pac:

Off to the pub for me.

320ae67bf0869e1f83a8b0314d6c696c6f6c013737860e7e0a365eafa0fb0ede.jpg

RVP interview on now. SS1

He's a really likeable guy. Very honest.
    He had some nice words for falcoa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    RVP interview on now. SS1

He's a really likeable guy. Very honest.
    He had some nice words for falcoa

It's Falcao :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Actually worried if it is a back 4 with the two full backs and Jones back in. That team hasn't filled me with confidence. Mata needs a good game today

duffman13 wrote: »
    Actually worried if it is a back 4 with the two full backs and Jones back in. That team hasn't filled me with confidence. Mata needs a good game today

Surely its stronger than 3 at the back

• Advertisement

I would love to see Wilson get himself a goal in this game. He has a brilliant attitude, great work rate, pace and will make it very tough for that liverpool defence today. He might also get a bit more space with most attention being on Rooney and RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

The midfield is much more exposed with a back 3 as we've seen against Soton. Mata in a midfield diamond offers no cover either.

Agreed. Funnily enough I think a back three does the opposite to what it's supposed to do. It's supposed to offer more cover and security at the back but with Utd, it invites teams on, leaves us light in midfield and ultimately invites pressure on the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Can't argue on evidence so far this however when two of your back four are Young and Valencia playing against, Sterling, Lallana and Coutinho it makes me rethink my confidence. .

Liverpool look weak at the back but there line up looks very high energy and high pressing, something we haven't coped well with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

LVG: "Small teams do well against us so it will be difficult":pac::pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement