Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

De Gea was the standout without question but I thought Carrick was also excellent today. Great positioning and broke up a few dangerous attacks. His distribution was also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

told the gf that that result was better than sex....I'm in the doghouse....I AIMT EVEN MAD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Danye wrote: »
    Valencia and Fellaini shouldn't be starting players for a club like ours.

Ashley Young shouldn't even be at the club.

Piss on someone elses parade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Id like to see us give this formation a go, I thought Valencia was very good today and I wouldn't necessarily have raf replace him when he comes back

De Gea
    Raf or Valencia-Jones----Evans----Shaw--
    Carrick

Rooney
    Herrera

Di Maria

Falcao
    RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

When Rafael and Shaw are fit again Utd will revert to a back for and will play full backs in the fullback positions.

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote: »
    Nice to see LvG bring McNair on too at the end - harsh on the boy the last time out being hauled off.

Harsh but the correct decision by lvg to take him off. And an even better one to bring him back on today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

i wasnt knocking him. he was great, his goal was lovely.

Valencidinho was good again today, nutmegging players.

Valencia was good going forward, shades of his former self.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Delighted to have gotten through the last eight games relatively unscathed (results wise at least). Hopefully now we won't go back to dropping silly points over Christmas.

I'd like to see Falcao start some games now too. No need for Van Persie to be playing three games in eight days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

gebbel wrote: »
    Can I ask what the United fans are singing to the tune of que sera sera? The f word is in there. And their chant to the tune of you'll never walk alone. Many thanks.

It's a riff on the Steve Gerrard song. Instead of 'he's big and he's ****ing hard' it changes to 'he slipped on his ****ing arse"

The YNWA song is a joke about pool fans being poor. 'Sign On', 'You'll never get a job'. Not very funny and a bit cringey imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

240B4F7700000578-0-image-a-67_1418566681526.jpg

• Advertisement

240B4F6300000578-0-image-a-109_1418569371973.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I thought Fellaini was poor but he won 10 tackles today :eek:

original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Giggsy11 wrote: »

He mixed the good with the bad in the first half but was excellent in the second.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He had a rough first 20 minutes, but in the second half, he was a wall in a positive manner, making some great timed tackles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Fellaini had a cracking second half, broke up so many attacks with well timed tackles and getting his body in the way. He was muck in the first half and I really wanted him subbed regardless of the yellow.

My only issue with Fellaini is that he's prone to lacking concentration whem on the ball in key areas. You can't lazily underhit an easy pass 40/50 yards from goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Despite the chances we gave away i m delighted with that result. For 2 players who have taken a lot of **** from supporters, Young and Valencia are a credit to themselves. No matter what position or role they are given, they do it whole heartedly and always put in a serious shift for the team. Players like that are indispensable when you have injuries the way we do. Fellaini looked a cert to be sent off but the amount of interceptions he made in the 2nd half was outstanding. We ve been missing a bástard like him in our midfield for a long time. So what if he puts in the odd nasty tackle, it didnt do Keane, Robson, Hughes, Ince, Bruce, Vidic et al any harm. If we get the defence sorted out we ll be in great shape

3-0 v Liverpool without any of Di maria, Falcao, Herrera, Rojo, Rafael, Shaw starting, not too bad at all!

Next 4 now - we need to improve despite recent results .. one game at a time.

Aston Villa v Man Utd
    Man Utd v Newcastle
    Tottenham v Man Utd
    Stoke v Man Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Considering our injuries this season we are in a great position. If we can kick on this month and get 10 outta 12 points outta the next four games we could possibly challenge for the title with everyone back and good momentum in the second half of the season.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    He mixed the good with the bad in the first half but was excellent in the second.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    He had a rough first 20 minutes, but in the second half, he was a wall in a positive manner, making some great timed tackles.
    Fellaini had a cracking second half, broke up so many attacks with well timed tackles and getting his body in the way. He was muck in the first half and I really wanted him subbed regardless of the yellow.

Isn't it great after all the mocking from Liverpool fans last season, he was beasty defensively against them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Harsh but the correct decision by lvg to take him off. And an even better one to bring him back on today

Yep, no better way to re-enforce the message that anyone can have a mare of a game and they will be rightly taken off, but if they keep working they'll get another chance.

last 10 games, w7, d2, L1. that's good going in anyone's book.
    And the best thing is there is still room for improvement.
    A couple of tricky ties against Spurs, Newcastle & Southampton, but United should be able to keep the run going until the end of January at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Isn't it great after all the mocking from Liverpool fans last season, he was beasty defensively against them..

There was plenty dumb United fans at the same thing. Still is actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Great result today. Can't wait for work tomorrow to collect my winnings from some deluded Pool fans.
    Would love to see Falcao start a match though. These cameo appearances are not doing him any good. Want to see him starting and start scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Valencia did very well today. Much more disciplined than in previous weeks. Allen almost begged him to make that run for the first goal though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Good win over a very plucky midtable side who tried their best and worked hard.

Bigger fish to fry next 2 weeks against the bigger sides in the league now.

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Great result today. Can't wait for work tomorrow to collect my winnings from some deluded Pool fans.
    Would love to see Falcao start a match though. These cameo appearances are not doing him any good. Want to see him starting and start scoring.

van gaal said before the game that he was fit to start but they wanted wilsons pace against the liverpool defence. Hopefully he gets the start v Villa next weekend and gets himself settled

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United's odds of winning title continuously being cut...
    25/1 to 16/1 to 12/1 and now 10/1.

One game at a time and just keep winning. I think Falcao is going to have a very strong second half of the season.
    Plus new signings in January to keep things pushing along.

keane2097 wrote: »
    There was plenty dumb United fans at the same thing. Still is actually.

United fans = Abusing him
    Rival fans = Mocking him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Balotelli has one of the worst attitudes of a premier league footballer I've ever seen. Valencia and Young have been absolute dreyhorses this season. That's the reason three Manchester United managers have thought that they're useful enough to have around despite all the criticism they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

20 Games away from the record !!

the nicest thing about the run we re on is that i can enjoy MOTD, MNF and Goals on Sunday again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Match of the day will be enjoyed tonight with a generous glass of Jameson :)

Such a shame Alan Hansen won't be there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

we could almost go 10 games unbeaten with the next 4 games.

Best thing about winning a game is you can just relax and enjoy all the dumb posts on boards. De Gea thread, few of them are just amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If Steven Gerrard didn't get booked for trying to undress Robin Van Persie, I genuinely would have forgotten he played in the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    If Steven Gerrard didn't get booked for trying to undress Robin Van Persie, I genuinely would have forgotten he played in the match.
    he was very quiet alright. i had to check the teamsheet at one stage to see he was playing.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Was thinking the exact same thing, complete passenger.

we could almost go 10 games unbeaten with the next 4 games.

If you ever say that again I'll put your head through the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gotta love the disappointment of Liverpool fans of struggling against this "poor" United team. Have they seen the state of their own side?

Their keepers....don't even deserve a comment.

Toure, Skrtel, Lovren? Lol.

Moreno was supposed to one their promising/successful signings? Valencia took him to the cleaners, for Christ sake.

Henderson? Cleverley with lungs.

Gerrard? Poor old Stevie, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Sterling? Couldn't finish his dinner.

Coutinho? Anyone remember Elano? Another flash in the pan Brazilian.

Balotelli? One of the biggest flops in Premier League history. August, September, October, November, December. Not a League goal to his name.

They're shíte.

Mid-table shíte.

• Advertisement

No! Keep it out of here please, please.

Please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cleverley with lungs :pac:

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gotta love the disappointment of Liverpool fans of struggling against this "poor" United team. Have they seen the state of their own side?

Moreno was supposed to one their promising/successful signings? Valencia took him to the cleaners, for Christ sake.

Balotelli? One of the biggest flops in Premier League history. August, September, October, November, December. Not a League goal to his name.

They're shíte.

Mid-table shíte.

120 Million spent but somehow made the team worse than before. Apart from Sterling who is a good talent not a single player would start for ManUtd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

J. Marston wrote: »

They're shíte.

Mid-table shíte.

Brilliant analysis of their team. Just brilliant :D

If you ever say that again I'll put your head through the wall.

Only team in the PL to win 6 games in row.

Ill stop now

I thought Coutinho was really good today. Their best player along with Sterling. I've never seen Gerrard so anonymous in a United Liverpool game. Sure sign that he needs replacing. Great servant and one of the best players the PL has seen, but if he can't raise his game for these matches, what's the point anymore?

Only team in the PL to win 6 games in row.

Ill stop now

Fate's in the house and you're swanning around like Tom Selleck in speedos.

193 pages in and nobody has put shitty tags in for us.

Fate's in the house and you're swanning around like Tom Selleck in speedos.

You remmeber when LVG was warned by the football genius that is Brendan Rodgers- “I think what he’ll find is the competition in this league will be different to any other league that he’s worked in. In a lot of the other leagues, there are one or two teams and those are the teams that are expected to win.”

Jesus, i should stop gloating. Im even having a can of heineken and house hunting, and enjoying it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement