Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Good win over a very plucky midtable side who tried their best and worked hard.

Bigger fish to fry next 2 weeks against the bigger sides in the league now.

Bet ya enjoyed that one for once :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Did LVG do an interview after the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Overhead L'pool fans in the pub reminiscing about Torres and Agger. Had to suppress the LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    If Steven Gerrard didn't get booked for trying to undress Robin Van Persie, I genuinely would have forgotten he played in the match.

My god was only saying this to the lads while watching. He got booked and few of us were like "**** thought he was on the bench".

I used to always worry about him in these matches. Totally anonymous . He's so useless in that position.

Also fair play to Fellaini. I was maybe thinking he should be off for Herrera half tims but he was excellent second half breaking the play and getting stuff going. Pretty much what he was bought for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

iDave wrote: »
    Overhead L'pool fans in the pub reminiscing about Torres and Agger. Had to suppress the LOL

Don't forget benitez. Think the result today knocked them 5 years into the past:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

TheDoc wrote: »
    My god was only saying this to the lads while watching. He got booked and few of us were like "**** thought he was on the bench".

I used to always worry about him in these matches. Totally anonymous . He's so useless in that position.

Also fair play to Fellaini. I was maybe thinking he should be off for Herrera half tims but he was excellent second half breaking the play and getting stuff going. Pretty much what he was bought for.

https://twitter.com/SquawkaDave/status/544155622481338368

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great result, hopefully should shut that crowd up for a while. I would have liked a couple more goals, you can never beat that lot by enough.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Great result, hopefully should shut that crowd up for a while. I would have liked a couple more goals, you can never beat that lot by enough.

Good result, poor performance.

Better opposition would have made us pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was pissing myself laughing when Lallana was taken off. Rodgers so out of touch he took off the player who looked most likely to make something happen and he gets hauled off at half time. Felt safe in victory at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Aye, you'll get away with that kind of performance against mid and bottom table teams but when we play the top teams we will have to up our game substantially.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I think people are underrating United's performance. Clinical as you like, never really had to take the game by the scruff of the neck. RVP did very well from general play and Mata grew into it. Wilson should be playing the role Falcao is playing now and Falcao should be starting over him if the current formation is to be persisted with and Herrera shouldn't be starting games on the bench full stop. Fellaini was a bit all over the place at the start but was a monster in the 2nd half which is very pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Absolutely delighted with that result. Can't stop smiling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Remember in the summer how Liverpool fans and Rodgers were so confident that they won't do a Spurs as they have some structure in place? They would be very lucky to do a Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im still buzzing, just a great day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Liverpool are nothing without SAS.

Suarez and Sturridge carried those 9 players on their backs last season and managed to get an average squad into the Champions League and nearly win the Premier League in the process. Lambert was expected to score 31 goals this season....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Al Capwned wrote: »

I'm still confident of a win, we have the players to make it a great day, but de Gea especially, along with the back 4, will have to play well for us to do so, as much as any of our attacking players.

Not to say I said so, but I did say so....

We need to get him signed up on a 14 year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

He's big,
    He's brave,
    He's Spanish Dave,
    He makes great saves and never shaves,
    flying through the aiiiirrrrr,
    Come and have a go if you dare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

David de Gea will be gone pretty soon if he keeps performing like that...

He's not going to turn down Real Madrid when they come calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Dayum wrote: »

As an Atleti fan brought up in the Atleti Academy and having played for them, he could well turn them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Liam O wrote: »
    Was pissing myself laughing when Lallana was taken off. Rodgers so out of touch he took off the player who looked most likely to make something happen and he gets hauled off at half time. Felt safe in victory at that point.

Any of Allen, Gerrard or Henderson should have been taken off before Lallana.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He will to be part of the Van Gaalacticos :P

I really doubt that De Gea would join Real Madrid.

edit - then again, Owen came to United, anything could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Not to say I said so, but I did say so....

We need to get him signed up on a 14 year contract.

If he does nothing else over the next few weeks, that needs to be Ed's main mission. Need to get a new contract sorted for de Gea asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Glazers have decided to spend,spend,spend to turn United into an EPL Galactico's.I'm sure DDG will be part of that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Graham hunter did an article on De Gea and he was talking with his father.He believes DDG will stay given the project that is underway at United and that it does interest DDG who believes something big is underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

RobertKK wrote: »
    Graham hunter did an article on De Gea and he was talking with his father.He believes DDG will stay given the project that is underway at United and that it does interest DDG who believes something big is underway.

How much more positivity can we possibly take from today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

De Gea will end up at Madrid next season imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

MD1990 wrote: »

Not a hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Is your opinion based on anything factual or is it just a hunch cause he's Spanish?

Unless it's back to Atleti, then I doubt it.

• Advertisement

Good thing you're opinion is based on nothing, or else I'd actually be worried.

Jaysus losing to United makes people go crazy doesn't it.

A lot of crazy floating around today.

I love how its all Liverpool supporters who say De Gea will move next season.

3ASAavl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great to see RVP playing with a smile on his face again,working hard as well and banging in the goals,

Big Dave bloody outstanding again,when it comes to his new contract just give him whatever he wants,

Six wins in a row :D

Lets keep them wins coming over the Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

But i can see Sturridge running for the hills :pac:

Mr_Red wrote: »
    But i can see Sturridge running for the hills :pac:

And Sterling

Well Rooney will be back at Everton if they even take him back after how bad he's been.

RVP is probably only good enough for the Eredivisie at this point and Falcao will never recover from his injury.

These factors coupled with the dross in midfield and defense I'd say he'll probably have no choice but to join Rodgers' project at Liverpool if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

You only have to read there thread to see how deluded a bunch some of them are.

Strootman 4 liverpool 5eva

240B4F7700000578-0-image-a-67_1418566681526.jpg

240BBEAF00000578-2873509-image-a-79_1418575050875.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

B41kIUJCEAA8Cb5.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

This from a few months ago when Lloyd used to post in here (after the Swansea defeat). Think it lasted most of the Moyes era plus maybe 6 weeks of LvG reign :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91761770&postcount=9508

He don't come around here no more :(

Don't forget MoTD2 tonight ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Shame to see so many Utd supporters gloating about Liverpool's sorry state rather than reveling in a good win and a big step forward.

I never saw them as a genuine threat this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Aidric wrote: »
    Shame to see so many Utd supporters gloating about Liverpool's sorry state rather than reveling in a good win and a big step forward.

They were absolutely unbearable last season with their gloating at us - a taste of their own medicine will do them the world of good to put them in their rightful place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Absolutely delighted atm with the team and Van Gaal. Good few starters missing today but credit has to be given where it is due, I've been a big critic of Val and Young but both have been very solid recently. Happy with Fellaini today also even though I thought it he'd likely see red. I really hope Falcao gets a decent run to prove himself though, half the season is basically gone and we've seen very little.

You only have to read there thread to see how deluded a bunch some of them are.

Actually you don't need to see any thread to see how deluded they are.
    I think they must do a course or something to be at that level

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    240BBEAF00000578-2873509-image-a-79_1418575050875.jpg

Kiss the badge - FAIL!

Aidric wrote: »

Fuck 'em,non stop gloating last season,celebrating winning the title a month before the season ended,filling the humour thread with digs at United only to have it come close to being locked this season when the shoe is on the other foot.All the jerseys that were seen everywhere last year are gone back into the wardrobes again and the insufferable drivel about "our year" has stopped,I for one am glad the universes is coming back into alignment and they are back where they belong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I never really get involved in the United Liverpool "banter" but a lot of their fans were great at giving it out last year so they can be great at taking it this year. The mid-table team comments never got old last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

The amount of people i met last season who until 2013/2014 had never expressed an interest in discussing football, who were now liverpool fanatics and had all sorts of theories and forecasts about our demise have gone very quiet again. remember the wheel always turns so dont gloat too much , we could be on the receiving end again

Par for the course victory against mid-table fodder/Europa chasers. Got a nice betting return for United -2 as well, easiest money I'll make this week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement