Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The reason for our six wins in a row, I believe, is down to Michaelangelo Carrick* more than anyone else.

We are now playing a system that lives and breathes on our defenders being comfortable on the ball and able to pick a pass. Jonny Evans struggled to complete simple five yard passes today, Jones the same, without Carrick in there we would have been suffocated. There was even one time when Jones looked up, saw Van Persie in a tight window, then turned back and gave it to Carrick, who took a touch and then fizzed the ball through a now even tighter window to Van Persie's feet. I know Jones and Evans are coming back from a long layoff but I clenched my cheeks every time either of them had the ball, and could only unclench when Carrick was on it.

Carrick has strolled into this situation of panic and basically said "Lads, whats all the fuss about, will yous calm your tits please?" and as a result, Young, Fellaini, and especially RVP have calmed their tits to the point that they are now all performing at their best.

*=I'm calling him Michaelangelo Carrick now because he is playing the game with the poise and class of a ****ing renaissance painter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The reason for our six wins in a row, I believe, is down to Michaelangelo Carrick* more than anyone else.

We are now playing a system that lives and breathes on our defenders being comfortable on the ball and able to pick a pass. Jonny Evans struggled to complete simple five yard passes today, Jones the same, without Carrick in there we would have been suffocated. There was even one time when Jones looked up, saw Van Persie in a tight window, then turned back and gave it to Carrick, who took a touch and then fizzed the ball through a now even tighter window to Van Persie's feet. I know Jones and Evans are coming back from a long layoff but I clenched my cheeks every time either of them had the ball, and could only unclench when Carrick was on it.

Carrick has strolled into this situation of panic and basically said "Lads, whats all the fuss about, will yous calm your tits please?" and as a result, Young, Fellaini, and especially RVP have calmed their tits to the point that they are now all performing at their best.

*=I'm calling him Michaelangelo Carrick now because he is playing the game with the poise and class of a ****ing renaissance painter.

I cant thank this post enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You call carrick what you want but I'm calling Valencia- valenciadinho
    And young- youngnaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Most of the chances given up today were from poor play out of the back,cut this out and we'll look a lot better.Carrick was the only one back there who looked comfortable on the ball from the off.

You call carrick what you want but I'm calling Valencia- valenciadinho
    And young- youngnaldo
    From Young's twitter:
    B41LjHhCAAE91eX.jpg

Valencia discovered he is able to go by players today and it was a joy to watch,hopefully the days of turn back Tony are going.

See Valenciadinho nutmeg the Liverpool player and assist Rooney?

Would be nice if he could do that consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iv been very happy with Young of late, he has won me over. A good squad player to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

See Valenciadinho nutmeg the Liverpool player and assist Rooney?

Would be nice if he could do that consistently.

I love that he stopped, looked back and realised he was the right back and there was nobody to pass it back to and only then did he think "actually I can do something here". The Valencia who first came to United wouldn't have had that hesitation against Joe fúcking Allen anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

I'm obviously delighted with the result, we were clinical and they were awful in front of goal. De Gea was immense once more, sterling could have had 10 more one on ones and still wouldn't score.
    One negative is how uncomfortable we looked passing it around at the back. Johnny Evans had a shocker for me. He really hasnt adapted to his new role in the defence, and right now I'd start rojo and even Carrick ahead of him as a CB.
    Herrera and Falcao really deserve more game time as well. I thought they both had glimpses of their class today. I can't wait for the day we get Shaw, Rafael, di Maria, Herrera and falcao starting together.

irishfeen wrote: »
    They were absolutely unbearable last season with their gloating at us - a taste of their own medicine will do them the world of good to put them in their rightful place.

+1

After last season, all bets are now off. A few years ago when they were struggling badly, I often thought to myself that it wasn't good for the league to be seeing the likes of Liverpool fading away. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Those sentiments are long buried in the ground after last season, I won't be able to see them fail/fúck up enough now!

• Advertisement

The win makes the pints taste even sweeter!! However, its time for a meme break....

Have a look through the eyes of raheem sterling today.....

o1J7VNy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He's big,
    He's brave,
    He's Spanish Dave,
    He makes great saves and never shaves,
    flying through the aiiiirrrrr,
    Come and have a go if you dare!

Good to see ya happy buddy!

Told ya to enjoy it ;)

Kinda feel sorry for Liverpool fans

Its like your next door neighbour thinking he has just won the lotto, say 19million, he ****s and gloats about it in front of you. When he arrives at Lotto centre to collect his money he falls on his ****ing hole, hands ticket over only to realise he had last years numbers.

Back to normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Kinda feel sorry for Liverpool fans

Its like your next door neighbour thinking he has just won the lotto, say 19million, he ****s and gloats about it in front of you. When he arrives at Lotto centre to collect his money he falls on his ****ing hole, hands ticket over only to realise he had last years numbers.

Back to normality.

Neighbour might write a few books about it as well :D

I'm just delighted.

Won't say single bad word about them after that.

De Game deserves special praise though. Fellaini had super 2nd half..

Roll on MOTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Missed out on all the fun on here today, reading through has given me many laughs

Great win, 6 in a row, today has been satisfying. Match of the day to look forward to later

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I'm just delighted.

Roll on MOTD.

Loved the way Fellaini stopped a few of Pools attacks,he was like the school yard bully going after Sterling :D

Loved the way Fellaini stopped a few of Pools attacks,he was like the school yard bully going after Sterling :D

Especially as he got booked after first few minutes.

Fellaini has had some decent games for us but today in 2nd half he came of age.

Bloody delighted for him. Never deserved the crap he got over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

gZpE4Zn.jpg

Wayne Rooney was immense today too, a complete performance. The above picture happened in the space of about 20 seconds.

• Advertisement

December was a deciding month for us last year. We had a shocker. Hopefully this one is opposite.

So far so good.

Quote Rodgers...

"I thought we did enough to win the game, We made defensive mistakes and that has cost us today."

Now he's really starting to sound like Moyes

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Quote Rodgers...

"I thought we did enough to win the game, We made defensive mistakes and that has cost us today."

Moral victory=clutching at straws.

Even Valencia won the crossing today.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

#footballgenius.

Oh karma, its been ****ing up Liverpool fans for past 20 years.

Anyway, bring on Villa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Neighbour might write a few books about it as well :D
    has to make the price of the bus back some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm just delighted.

Roll on MOTD.

He really did. I was convinced that he would be sent off after the early booking.

But he swept up everything in the second half.

• Advertisement

Any craic in match thread today?

What was today's conspiracy theory special?

No kissing the camera for our Juan.

mata8nut1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Today was one of the most satisfying wins in a long time. After all the crap and abuse being thrown around last year the win today was excellent.

Any craic in match thread today?

What was today's conspiracy theory special?

I held back all the gowls valiantly. Thread went dead after about 70 minutes.

Our next 11 EPL games,apart from Spurs nothing should frighten us,plus we owe Leicester big time.

Dec 20 - @ Aston Villa

Dec 26 - v Newcastle

Dec 28 - @ Tottenham

Jan 1 - @ Stoke City

Jan 11 - v Southampton

Jan 17 - @ QPR

Jan 31 - v Leicester City

Feb 7 - @ West Ham

Feb 10 - v Burnley FC

Feb 21 - @ Swansea City

Feb 28 - v Sunderland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

There was even one time when Jones looked up, saw Van Persie in a tight window, then turned back and gave it to Carrick, who took a touch and then fizzed the ball through a now even tighter window to Van Persie's feet.

Unless it happened twice, the ball was passed to Mata. Jones turned away and gave it to Carrick who nailed the pass. Mata won a free high up the pitch and promptly turned and acknowledged Carrick. Mata wasn't given enough of those balls though. The others need to trust their abilities more.

He was great today. A real leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I know he hasn't been near his best this season but there's no arguing with Mata's contribution on paper. Played ok today anyway, was involved in most of the good passages of play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Congratulations on the result today.

Your keeper was insanely good.

However if you switch the keepers and had we a striker like Sturridge or even someone like Jordan Rhodes I think the result might have been different.

But it's not...we were shocking at the back.

I know he hasn't been near his best this season but there's no arguing with Mata's contribution on paper. Played ok today anyway, was involved in most of the good passages of play.

First league win over Liverpool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Good to see ya happy buddy!

Told ya to enjoy it ;)
    First ever big game ive enjoyed, once 3rd goal went in we could relax at last. Serious atmosphere, its been a while since the place reached that level of bounce.

Home in the morning!

Not many talking about how awesome RVP has been in the last few games...

It's like he's found second wind.
    Unbelievable work rate for the team.
    He's tracking back and hold up play have been top class.
    I don't think he lost possession once in the last 3 games.
    And as for his finishing, absolutely clinical with his chances.

He was a right howl in the after match interview. From what I remember this is what he said;
    "It hit my head an I admit it should have been offside...but you can put it down as an assist!"

edit* Here's the vid

Also, there was a really good interview before the match. Can't find it on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

zerks wrote: »
    Our next 11 EPL games,apart from Spurs nothing should frighten us,plus we owe Leicester big time.

Dec 20 - @ Aston Villa

Dec 26 - v Newcastle

Dec 28 - @ Tottenham

Jan 1 - @ Stoke City

Jan 11 - v Southampton

Jan 17 - @ QPR

Jan 31 - v Leicester City

Feb 7 - @ West Ham

Feb 10 - v Burnley FC

Feb 21 - @ Swansea City

Feb 28 - v Sunderland

Wouldn't be too frightened of Spurs tbh.

First ever big game ive enjoyed, once 3rd goal went in we could last. Serious atmosphere, its been a while since the place reached that level of bounce.

Home in the morning!

I envy you, Enjoy Homer and safe home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Congratulations on the result today.

Your keeper was insanely good.

However if you switch the keepers and had we a striker like Sturridge or even someone like Jordan Rhodes I think the result might have been different.

But it's not...we were shocking at the back.

And if your Aunty had a set of bollicks she'd be your uncle. Quit this "if this that and the other happened" it didn't you got rekt.
    20 times na na na na!

(Kidding, fair play for coming over here and saying that.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Blue giant wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too frightened of Spurs tbh.

Yeah, just make sure we're 2 goals clear going into the last 5 minutes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

No kissing the camera for our Juan.

mata8nut1.gif

I love the camera point :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dec 20 - @ Aston Villa 3

Dec 26 - v Newcastle 3

Dec 28 - @ Tottenham 0

Jan 1 - @ Stoke City 1

Jan 11 - v Southampton 3

Jan 17 - @ QPR 3

Jan 31 - v Leicester City 3

Feb 7 - @ West Ham 1

Feb 10 - v Burnley FC 3

Feb 21 - @ Swansea City 3

Feb 28 - v Sunderland 3

26 points from 33 is my prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

De Gea has got to be one of the best buys in the clubs history.

carrickj5z2r.gif

KH25 wrote: »
    De Gea has got to be one of the best buys in the clubs history.

woah calm down man not there yet at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

December was a deciding month for us last year. We had a shocker. Hopefully this one is opposite.

So far so good.

We actually had a good December apart from Everton and Newcastle. Am I right in saying Moyes was actually nominated for manager of the month?

thelad95 wrote: »
    We actually had a good December apart from Everton and Newcastle. Am I right in saying Moyes was actually nominated for manager of the month?

Just checked and Spurs game was New Years day had included that game in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Oh man, that was a satisfying win today! Such a great feeling to beat them by a few goals, we were due a win like that!

The reaction through the forum has been a quite enjoyable read! The DDG thread in particular is a riot. So many trying to run him down. Apparently a few of the keepers better(or at the very least as good as him) are Lloris, Bravo and Forster...

Absolutely love the guy, and that man-love is growing with every commanding performance. Tying him down to a long-term deal would be the finest bit of business done in 2015.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Oh man, that was a satisfying win today! Such a great feeling to beat them by a few goals, we were due a win like that!

The reaction through the forum has been a quite enjoyable read! The DDG thread in particular is a riot. So many trying to run him down. Apparently a few of the keepers better(or at the very least as good as him) are Lloris, Bravo and Forster...

Absolutely love the guy, and that man-love is growing with every commanding performance. Tying him down to a long-term deal would be the finest bit of business done in 2015.

10846339_765201946850036_1081256028304083672_n.jpg?oh=5f4e2fd3a1b56a9b7ed347c33ed39ff0&oe=554083C2&__gda__=1430344222_31dfd0f3bb88ea62d149726b332c0477

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Just checked and Spurs game was New Years day had included that game in my head.

For me that game was when I lost all hope of us getting top 4. I think we'd put 5 wins on the spin to get within 3 points of 4th but after that I just knew we wouldn't be up to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement