Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Definition of conflicted emotions:

Myself and OH had a weekend planned in Manchester this weekend and had tickets for game.
    Our two kids got a vomiting bug on Friday morning so had to pull the plug that afternoon.
    While obviously I really enjoyed the game and result the sense of being gutted at missing being there is hard to describe.

Enjoyment obviously wins out but still!

Ps. The pair of scamps were as right as rain Saturday morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

December was a deciding month for us last year. We had a shocker. Hopefully this one is opposite.

So far so good.

Our december was pretty good last year apart from the first game!

It was january 1st it fell apart for spurs, then fa cup, lost to sunderland, chelsea and suddenly we were in deep sh*i.

Our season was salvageable when we took on Spurs and wed have only been 2 or 3 points behind Liverpool and Everton in 4th. Had they given Moyes the boot in January as they should have done, things may have been different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Our december was pretty good last year apart from the first game!

It was january 1st it fell apart for spurs, then fa cup, lost to sunderland, chelsea and suddenly we were in deep sh*i.

Our season was salvageable when we took on Spurs and wed have only been 2 or 3 points behind Liverpool and Everton in 4th. Had they given Moyes the boot in January as they should have done, things may have been different.

Just checked. We drew with Spurs, before losing to Everton and Newcastle, before going on 4 game winning run before Spurs and that awful run.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not many talking about how awesome RVP has been in the last few games...

It's like he's found second wind.
    Unbelievable work rate for the team.
    He's tracking back and hold up play have been top class.
    I don't think he lost possession once in the last 3 games.
    And as for his finishing, absolutely clinical with his chances.

Not that it makes much of a difference but he was very clinical in the warm up before the game.

The team set up like they will for the game and then knock the ball around and get a few shots in the formation. Valencia crossed a ball in and RvP let the ball come across his body and guided the ball into the far corner. The next chance he came from Young on the left and was a peach. A flick behind his body with the inside of his left foot.

He looked like someone with a lot of confidence. He seems to be enjoying himself again. That comes with scoring goals.

As an aside, it's quite interesting to see the team line up before the game. Usually we're left guessing who is playing where, but it's so clear now. Rooney was obviously playing in the middle. He held back when warming up. I only remember him getting forward once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,871 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

With players coming back from injuries things can and should only continue to improve. Hopefully we can get a settled defence for the first time all season that will be the key. If we can do that I feel much more confident of fighting it out for second or even giving Chelsea a run for their money when I thought we might be in a dog fight for forth a few weeks back. We have what should be on the face of it.. two winnable games coming up at home to Newcastle and away to Villa and if the guys apply themselves and continue to improve there is no reason we can't be looking at 8 wins from 8... Give the two teams above us something to think about at least and a good platform and confidence going into the second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Cracking result. I don't think we played well as a team but we had some great individual performances if that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Anyone else think Wilson was a bit awful today? Didn't do anything. Should have started with falcao or Herrera instead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Going in to work tomorrow feeling all like...
    Vg4a5M9.gif

Anyone else think Wilson was a bit awful today? Didn't do anything. Should have started with falcao or Herrera instead of him

Yeah Wilson never got a sniff today, plenty of energy but just didn't influence the game at all. Need to be starting Falcao in the next couple of matches.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Yeah Wilson never got a sniff today, plenty of energy but just didn't influence the game at all. Need to be starting Falcao in the next couple of matches.

I know gaal said he started because of pace which is weird since falcao and persie don't really need pace.

I would have preferred Herrera though. Falcao would have been off the pace a bit but Wilson is far too inexperienced for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I know gaal said he started because of pace which is weird since falcao and persie don't really need pace.

I would have preferred Herrera though. Falcao would have been off the pace a bit but Wilson is far too inexperienced for this game

I assumed he wanted to use wilsons pace to trouble the Liverpool defence and give rooney and RVP more space.

Work tommorrow - be like ..

old-man-dances-tosses-canes-1.gif

RVP seems to be enjoying life at OT again :)

https://twitter.com/persie_official/status/544259119050686464

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Have a look at the video of the after match interview with the press.

LVG is brilliant

This video makes me smile :)

Anyway night folks!!! It's been a pleasure!

Headshot wrote: »
    Have a look at the look at the video of the after match interview with the press.

LVG is brilliant

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Nope the much later one with the newspapers

Headshot wrote: »
    Nope the much later one with the newspapers

Ah soz, from your first post it sounded like this one...he's still funny though!

Can't wait to read the one you are on about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

KH25 wrote: »
    De Gea has got to be one of the best buys in the clubs history.

not going to start listing lots of players, but seeing as you named a keeper, Peter Schmeichel costs 500k and was the best goalkeeper in the world for years

bangkok wrote: »
    not going to start listing lots of players, but seeing as you named a keeper, Peter Schmeichel costs 500k and was the best goalkeeper in the world for years

Well I did say one of them, not the best! If he carries on like this I think I'll be proven right. Obviously you've got to include schmeichel in that list also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

MOTD!

He got annoyed at the De Gea questions in the news conference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Brad Jones has to be one of the worst premier league keepers ever. He was completely in the wrong position for all three goals. Dived the wrong way for the first, didn't bother diving for the other two.

adox wrote: »
    MOTD!

Still in the pub...they have this nfl / advertisement city on

Going to ask them to put it on

Well I did say one of them, not the best! If he carries on like this I think I'll be proven right. Obviously you've got to include schmeichel in that list also.

to be honest id say theres no hope in hell he's top 10 and probably not top 20 (you could probably go deeper but we get into long lists) he's been a great buy but your getting very carried away and not really respecting the history of the club

• Advertisement

to be honest id say theres no hope in hell he's top 10 and probably not top 20 (you could probably go deeper but we get into long lists) he's been a great buy but your getting very carried away and not really respecting the history of the club

Disrespecting the history of the club? Would you stop.

Ah come on. Ddg is already one of our top ever keepers.
    Some way to go to be better than van set sar and schmeichel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I love the way LVG pronounces De Gea and Rojo

Disrespecting the history of the club? Would you stop.

at the very least not appreciating it
    Ah come on. Ddg is already one of our top ever keepers.
    Some way to go to be better than van set sar and schmeichel
    he's only been here for 3 year I'm not saying he won't end up up there but he's not a consideration for the top signings yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This is all I have to say really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

kryogen wrote: »
    This is all I have to say really

Used to love that track, it's been ages since I heard it.

• Advertisement

at the very least not appreciating it

he's only been here for 3 year I'm not saying he won't end up up there but he's not a consideration for the top signings yet

Will you stop. He is one of the best keepers in the world right now and is 24.
    Fantastic signing and it is only looking better and better.

Or are you basing it on 'value'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Missed the whole match asleep with a fever all day, thanks for the video of the goals, great to see Mata so involved hope that ends any speculation of him going next month.

Will you stop. He is one of the best keepers in the world right now and is 24.
    Fantastic signing and it is only looking better and better.

Or are you basing it on 'value'

no I'm basing it on what he's done for the club to date and not what he may or may not do in the future

no I'm basing it on what he's done for the club to date and not what he may or may not do in the future

In that case he had dragged us up to third by saving us points.

Saved us from an even more embarrassing position last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

And that makes him one of the best buys in the clubs history? Talk about setting the ****ing bar low.

• Advertisement

i didn't say he's done nothing for the club he's just not yet done as much as the likes of keane,irwin,schmeichel,cantona,ronaldo,solskajer,bruce,vandersar,vidic,rooney, van nistelroy,hughes,robson off the top of my head and thats without going back to the likes of duncan edwards.

de gea if he stays with united for his career (which I'm inclined to believe he will) could well become a club legend and be right up near the top of that list but its madness saying he's one of our greatest ever signings after 3 seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Valencia looked like his old self at times today

And that makes him one of the best buys in the clubs history? Talk about setting the ****ing bar low.

Ugh. You know full well what I mean.

Sure lets throw in bosnich into goals again.

Ugh. You know full well what I mean.

Sure lets throw in bosnich into goals again.

but thats the original statement that was made that he was one of the best buys at the clubs history i simply feel that remains to be seen great buy no doubt but well see after that

edit: also dont understand the bosnich comment unless you feel he is among the clubs greatest signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Anyone see the clip of LVG making an ejit out of the lad from newstalk in post match press conference on Motd2?

Classic

zerks wrote: »
    Fuck 'em,non stop gloating last season,celebrating winning the title a month before the season ended,filling the humour thread with digs at United only to have it come close to being locked this season when the shoe is on the other foot.All the jerseys that were seen everywhere last year are gone back into the wardrobes again and the insufferable drivel about "our year" has stopped,I for one am glad the universes is coming back into alignment and they are back where they belong.

I missed this earlier...what a post...double barrel.....zerks you couldn't have said it any better!

Anyone see the clip of LVG making an ejit out of the lad from newstalk in post match press conference on Motd2?

Classic

Brilliant. I love his press conferences. He really lets the media know who's the boss.

Any link to that interview, not around a TV atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mata has a goal not far off every second start for United in the league since he's joined

Not many strikers even have that kind of prolificness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Mata has a goal not far off every second start for United in the league since he's joined

Not many strikers even have that kind of prolificness

Seen a stat earlier that shows that excluding penos, he has the second most goals from midfield in 2014(after Eriksen).

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement