Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

he wasnt great to be honest and with 60 minutes gone, he was out of gas and had his hands on his knees so fitness at this level is an issue for him at the moment.

in saying that, he was playing in a position that was alien to him and he worked his bollix off so for that, he deserves credit.
    pity..he brings alot more pace to the side..but still very young..great talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think its time we unleash Falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

bangkok wrote: »
    wasn't really involved in any part of the game.

Carrick has been immense since he has come back, a real calming presence in the team, would be brilliant if we had 2 carricks in the team, one for defence and one for midfield. How some people don't rate him is beyond me

You would have to be blind not to see that we do have two Carrick-type players in the squad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

If he starts against Aston Villa my money is on him to score, can see Van Gaal playing 4 at the back and a more attacking side that game too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Most United fans appreciate Carrick tbh.

most know whats he brings to the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

good time to play villa now as well, apart from the fact we have a great record at villa park, they are missing Hutton, Richardson both suspended and cleverly cant play, westwood injured. should pick up another 3 points. Hope falcao starts this weekend instead of Wilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

things are not right between himself and van gaal. falcao was warming up right in from of us yesterday for about 10 minutes and we were watching him closely.

his body language is not of a player who looks totally happy. now of course he wants to be on the pitch, but he looks miserable.

when Herrera was coming on for Wilson, he turned around to look at the subs board and when he saw what was happening, he turned back around in disgust and threw his head up in the air, then ran down towards the tunnel with a thick head on him.

he needs game time, but the fact we only have one game a week at the moment and rvp, rooney and mata are all in scoring form, means he is 4th choice. he should start a game or two in the coming 3 weeks and lets see what he is made of then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Agreed. He needs to be starting now. Give him a real taste of what its like to play for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Delighted with the result yesterday but we were very lucky. It's an absolute farse to be giving up 6-7 clear cut chances to this Liverpool side. They probably had more chances from open play yesterday than they did in their last few games combined. The side CBs (particularly Evans) were very uncomfortable all game both with and without the ball. Fellaini was very uncomfortable as a holding CM in the first half when pressed. Young and Valencia did as well as could have been expected of them at wing back but it's an utter disaster when there's so many players around them being played in roles they're clearly uncomfortable with. It leads to dwelling on the ball due to lack of players being confident enough to show for it (or knowing when to show for it), which leads to misplaced passes in the defensive third and ultimatley gifting chances to the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

things are not right between himself and van gaal. falcao was warming up right in from of us yesterday for about 10 minutes and we were watching him closely.

his body language is not of a player who looks totally happy. now of course he wants to be on the pitch, but he looks miserable.

when Herrera was coming on for Wilson, he turned around to look at the subs board and when he saw what was happening, he turned back around in disgust and threw his head up in the air, then ran down towards the tunnel with a thick head on him.

he needs game time, but the fact we only have one game a week at the moment and rvp, rooney and mata are all in scoring form, means he is 4th choice. he should start a game or two in the coming 3 weeks and lets see what he is made of then!

You make that sound so dramatic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Brilliant day for us yesterday. You could even see the atmosphere building in the team now in RVP's post match , he was beaming from ear to ear , you could hear the singing coming from the dressing room.

Now Utd are starting to believe again , were on a run and still have the likes of Falcoa and Di Maria to come into the side, add a defender in January and I think we have a real shot at the top 3.

David De Gea is outstanding , I've always been a fan of his since he came to the club even through his tough spells you could see the talent there and now it's really beginning to show. He's so calm and collected in the toughest moments and that's the calling card of a top goalkeeper, nothing to do for 30 minutes and then make a world class save only the best can do that.

My worry is Real Madrid , The better he plays the more their eyes will be burning looking at him and I'm convinced Madrid have too much sway with the national team as well. As in , he'll only become the Spanish number 1 if he plays for Madrid or Barca, am I the only one that thinks that?

He should be the Spanish number 1 right now , he is light years ahead of the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Real Madrid currently have the best keeper in spain, navas, and they leave him on the bench so hopefully they wont come after de gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Was canizares number 1 at any stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

bangkok wrote: »
    good time to play villa now as well, apart from the fact we have a great record at villa park, they are missing Hutton, Richardson both suspended and cleverly cant play, westwood injured. should pick up another 3 points. Hope falcao starts this weekend instead of Wilson.

Sure we all knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

You make that sound so dramatic

I would have said samething reading his post but he posted same kind of post when we played Chelsea last year about Mata and he was spot on with every single word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Good thing you're opinion is based on nothing, or else I'd actually be worried.

Jaysus losing to United makes people go crazy doesn't it.

A lot of crazy floating around today.

You don't have to be a Liverpool fan to see that de Gea will be playing in La Liga soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

banner_3138410b.jpg

The banner was taken down due to health and safety reasons...still quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Ha beat you to it zerks! SUCK IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Ha beat you to it zerks! SUCK IT!

1385266_765268693510028_8536707383252011162_n.jpg?oh=3d6e900e6e46c632981a54bd9218597f&oe=550D9296

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Is city getting barca a bad draw? Could mean less distractions for them if knocked out..or do we care?!!

macslash wrote: »
    Is city getting barca a bad draw? Could mean less distractions for them if knocked out..or do we care?!!

Nobody really cared when they won the league last season,not enough fans to be as annoying as Liverpool

Dayum wrote: »
    You don't have to be a Liverpool fan to see that de Gea will be playing in La Liga soon.

Why not Germany?

Is this all you do? Just pop in and try pass your opinion off as fact?
    What does being a Liverpool fan have to do with de gea? You're hardly a Liverpool fan anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RobertKK wrote: »
    today to celebrate the win yesterday got myself some Taylor Swift tickets to celebrate.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trilla wrote: »
    :eek:

haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Ted's Vimeo reactions, love this guy.

http://vimeo.com/114503417

http://vimeo.com/114494878

Oh and a scouse commentator on the game, pissing myself laughing!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=765165793520318&set=vb.516588825044684&type=2&theater

• Advertisement

advertsfox wrote: »

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=765165793520318&set=vb.516588825044684&type=2&theater

"I'm not fookin' havin' that!!!" :pac::pac:

Why not Germany?

Is this all you do? Just pop in and try pass your opinion off as fact?
    What does being a Liverpool fan have to do with de gea? You're hardly a Liverpool fan anyway.

You're assuming I am a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I think he's assuming you're not. I know what I'm assuming though...

Arsenal isn't it? You have been in the Liverpool thread for the last 2 weeks doing the same thing but they have all ignored you at this stage, then you repeat yourself.

Now your doing it in here.

I assume all the things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I think he's assuming you're not. I know what I'm assuming though...

Yeah, think its pretty obvious what he is.

Arsenal isn't it? You have been in the Liverpool thread for the last 2 weeks doing the same thing but they have all ignored you at this stage, then you repeat yourself.

Now your doing it in here.

I assume all the things.

This is a discussion forum. The whole point of being here is to voice your opinion regardless of whether or not anyone else agrees with it. Is it so that a particular fan or a specific football club is prohibited from entering another particular clubs board and voicing an opinion? Loosen up, will you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

They are brilliant, the silence before Rooney and RVP strike the ball is amazing.

This is a discussion forum. The whole point of being here is to voice your opinion regardless of whether or not anyone else agrees with it. Is it so that a particular fan or a specific football club is prohibited from entering another particular clubs board and voicing an opinion? Loosen up, will you...

Only when you have an agenda and not posting crap with no basis.

Why won't ddg go to Germany or Italy? Why Madrid? Why not bayern?

But sure I like to play with my food and the crazies that come along every so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

"De Gea spat on him"
    "We're robbed, like we always are"
    "its never our fault"

lol

Only when you have an agenda and not posting crap with no basis.

Why won't ddg go to Germany or Italy? Why Madrid? Why not bayern?

But sure I like to play with my food and the crazies that come along every so often.

Because there's already talk of him going to Real Madrid and LVG was bombarded with questions relating to that very club in the post match conference ffs...that's why it was brought up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

"De Gea spat on him"
    "its never our fault"

lol

"lanky poodle" brilliant.
    bang out of order

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

"De Gea spat on him"
    "its never our fault"

lol

Is he paid to act like that there is no way someone is that deluded

"De Gea spat on him"
    "its never our fault"

lol
    @ hococop - there is somebody that deluded.

"On reflection i think we won the football but got beat by the score. The sooner we get a striker, a goalkeeper, a midfielder, a couple of full backs and a defender then the sooner well start climing the league again." - Bobadicous, RAWK

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

Because there's already talk of him going to Real Madrid and LVG was bombarded with questions relating to that very club in the post match conference ffs...that's why it was brought up....

Look mate, you are bang out of order. We ain't having that.

There really hasn't. Just people speculating because he is spainish and apparently you need to play in Spain to play for Spain. I don't read newspapers because they are a load of ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Liverpool fans here and on twitter calling for Rafa back. A couple have even suggested Kenny in as caretaker until the summer.

Please let this happen...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Look mate, you are bang out of order. We ain't having that.

There really hasn't. Just people speculating because he is spainish and apparently you need to play in Spain to play for Spain. I don't read newspapers because they are a load of ****e

Are you saying DDG will finish his career at Man Utd?

Because he has no ties with England. I doubt he grew up supprting ye either.

It'd be like me going and signing for LA Galaxy and loving it over there. But if my hometown club offered me the chance of more money and more trophies I'd consider it.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Liverpool fans here and on twitter calling for Rafa back. A couple have even suggested Kenny in as caretaker until the summer.

Don't want Kenny but Rafa would be decent.

We can't coax Klopp or Simeone. De Boar maybe or Pardew would be an upgrade on ROdgers.

Hulk Hands wrote: »

10253855_765154660188098_8911746398907646057_n.jpg?oh=3056196a40255ab827b2cdae7556dd01&oe=550C358A&__gda__=1426316768_73840fac4e501e6a232dfeb66e7f0cf7

Gits_bone wrote: »

It'd be like me going and signing for LA Galaxy and loving it over there. But if my hometown club offered me the chance of more money and more trophies I'd consider it.

His hometown club isn't Real;) It'd be like Rooney joining Liverpool.

BTW Sterling is a United fan,imagine the uproar if he joined us.

zerks wrote: »

I meant home. Technically I'm still right as it's a club in his hometown ;)

No I'm not. No footballer had ties to anywhere. If he wants to leave, he wants to leave. No hard feelings from me but we will get a load of cash cash dolla for him.
    I'm just saying this attitude of oh he is playing well, will be off to Madrid next year just has no legs.
    If that was the case, he would have been bought last year or this year. Nacho played more games than Casillilas last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Don't want Kenny but Rafa would be decent.

We can't coax Klopp or Simeone. De Boar maybe or Pardew would be an upgrade on ROdgers.

Bear in mind that i dont give a **** who manages you lot, but PARDEW!! Are you mental?

Frank DeBoer would be the most realistic candidate and definitely gettable. Thinks he's won four leagues in a row now with Ajax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

zerks wrote: »

I meant home. Technically I'm still right as it's a club in his hometown ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sure its his home country......thats what I meant. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement