Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

No I'm not. No footballer had ties to anywhere. If he wants to leave, he wants to leave. No hard feelings from me but we will get a load of cash cash dolla for him.
    I'm just saying this attitude of oh he is playing well, will be off to Madrid next year just has no legs.
    If that was the case, he would have been bought last year or this year. Nacho played more games than Casillilas last year.

No one thinks he's going to leave next season but it has the air of Suarez about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Gits_bone wrote: »
    No one thinks he's going to leave next season but it has the air of Suarez about it.

That's just clutching at straws.

It really dosent. At all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Well Suarez openly admitted his desire to leave Liverpool and oddly enough, seems to bite people in tandem with his attempts to engineer moves to other clubs. So I don't necessarily think it is anything like Suarez's situation tbh

That's just clutching at straws.

It really dosent. At all.

Well it does for me.

Once Casillas drops well off Madrid will make a move imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What? He'll sign a long term contract then piss off as soon as he gets the chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Even as a Man United fan (and huge admirer of David De Gea) it isn't inconceivable that he will move on to Real Madrid. They would like a young established goalkeeper in the mould of Casillas and his emergence in the Spanish squad will only highlight this matter.

His perceived weakness from crosses (which I personally think has been eradicated) would not be as critical to his play within La Liga.

He is Spanish of course, he has broken his ties with Atletico Madrid by making a move to England first, so it would not be a direct move to a rival. The hardcore would be devastated, but in general, football fans understand that this "hometown loyalty" is nothing more than a fairy tale at times.

The main factor is of course his personal life - his girlfriend resides in Barcelona and this may affect his mood on any potential move.

Add in the fact that Madrid will both publicly and privately court him and all the other usual factors that come into play (weather, lifestyle, current squad of Madrid) and you could very easily see him go. His contract negotiations are taking far too long and Van Gaal's reluctance to speak on the matter is certainly worrying, I don't care how he usually treats the press normally.

Further to that, United's lack of expertise with regards transfers at board level (especially Woodward) compared to Madrid's high effectiveness in "getting their man" and you have a transfer happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Saw on Twitter that we've only won 7 or more in a row in the league 3 times in the last 8 years, won the title twice and finished second the other time

Well it does for me.

Madrid signed Navas for that eventuality.

zerks wrote: »
    What? He'll sign a long term contract then piss off as soon as he gets the chance?

A new contract will be signed thus ensuring a big payout is needed by Madrid whenever they come calling in 3 or years or whenever.

• Advertisement

He was only flavour of the month. He'll be forgotten about in a few years.

Well it does for me.

But he has dropped off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Facts arent welcome around here, ironically enough.

But he has dropped off?

When he drops well off, like I said originally. He's only begun his decline.

adox wrote: »
    Facts arent welcome around here, ironically enough.

But but but he is spainish and from Madrid and speaks spainish?

But if he eventually does go I'll wish him well, he will be ye most expensive goalie in the world so we won't have a problem finding a decent keeper.
    Unless fergie comes back

When he drops well off, like I said originally. He's only begun his decline.

So like when he retires? Then they will replace their second choice keeper?

It's nothing like saurez. Liverpool are a middle to upper table side, just like spurs, in those teams too players will move to bigger clubs. De gea is not in one of those clubs

But but but he is spainish and from Madrid and speaks spainish?

But if he eventually does go I'll wish him well, he will be ye most expensive goalie in the world so we won't have a problem finding a decent keeper.
    Unless fergie comes back

Ha.

SUre didn't Fergie sign De Gea?

Ha.

SUre didn't Fergie sign De Gea?

Nah that was Rooney.

Fergie signed tiabi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

He was only flavour of the month. He'll be forgotten about in a few years.

he was the best goalkeeper in spain last season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Well it does for me.

You're clutching at more straws than a wánking scarecrow mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

ElChe32 wrote: »

post of the week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm using this in my next meeting.

Best post.

Even one of your own says it's possible he'll head to Madrid.

And I'm not your mate, buddy.

bangkok wrote: »
    he was the best goalkeeper in spain last season

I think Courtois and Caballero would have something to say about that.

I think Courtois and Caballero would have something to say about that.

they can say all they want, Navas was voted best keeper in spain last season and that's why Madrid signed him

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't believe De Gea is going anywhere, he can see what we all can see with United, there is great ambition, top players are being brought in and I am sure he is looking forward to top defenders being in front of him again.

He knows what the aim for United is, it is winning trophies. I am sure this fits his aim and he is at the most supported club in the world, with the revenues to make his dreams a reality.

We all know he wants to lift the trophy as champions of Europe and he has a lot yet to achieve at United.
    I don't see why he would want to leave to return to Spain at this point in his career.
    The Spanish teams are going nowhere and will be there in the future if he wants to return then.

they can say all they want, Navas was voted best keeper in spain last season and that's why Madrid signed him

Did they not sign him ye previous summer? Or before then? He played the leauge games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not at all. United can match the contracts that other clubs may offer. Suarez got too big for Liverpool; United have similar quality in other positions.

• Advertisement

Did they not sign him ye previous summer? Or before then? He played the leauge games?

no that was diego lopez, they sold him to Milan. Navas was signed from Levante

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.
    I'm disgusted that I got that post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Dayum wrote: »
    You don't have to be a Liverpool fan to see that de Gea will be playing in La Liga soon.

Any chance of the winning lotto numbers for next week?

Not at all. United can match the contracts that other clubs may offer. Suarez got too big for Liverpool; United have similar quality in other positions.

Can they match the weather and his girlfriends residence as well as his families residence? And right now Madrid have more chance of trophies on every front than Utd.

Voted by who?

Can they match the weather and his girlfriends residence as well as his families residence? And right now Madrid have more chance of trophies on every front than Utd.

How do you know his personal weather preference or for that matter anything about him?

People love to spout ****e about things, even when its plainly obvious you haven't a ****ing notion of anything at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm just telling you why it's nothing like the Suarez situation.

Our results against the top 10 sides last season.Already we've seen a vast improvement.

01 MU 0 - 0 Chelsea
    02 MU 0 - 1 Liverpool
    03 MU 1 - 4 Manchester City
    04 MU 1 - 1 Southampton
    05 MU 3 - 2 Stoke City
    06 MU 1 - 0 Arsenal
    07 MU 2 - 2 Tottenham
    08 MU 0 - 1 Everton
    09 MU 0 - 1 Newcastle United
    10 MU 1 - 2 Tottenham
    11 MU 1 - 3 Chelsea
    12 MU 1 - 2 Stoke City
    13 MU 0 - 0 Arsenal
    14 MU 0 - 3 Liverpool
    15 MU 0 - 3 Manchester City
    16 MU 4 - 0 Newcastle
    17 MU 0 - 2 Everton
    18 MU 1 - 1 Southampton

3 wins out of 18 games is shocking.And people tried to compare LVG's record with Moyes'?

How do you know his personal weather preference or for that matter anything about him?

People love to spout ****e about things, even when its plainly obvious you haven't a ****ing notion of anything at all.

And how do you know he's going to stay? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've no idea what will happen with De Gea, but outwardly he appears pretty happy at the club. There seems to be a real sense of camaraderie and team spirit among some of the squad, which could count for a lot. On the other hand, it's impossible to know how much of that is staged.

• Advertisement

And how do you know he's going to stay? :confused:

I don't, I'm not the one speaking in retarded statements that have no factual basis.

That's you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If I'm a multi-millionaire in my 20s and I have a choice of playing for a big club in a big city like Barcelona, Madrid and Paris or the North West of England, I know what my preference would be. To ignore this as a factor is deluding yourself.

I think we'll get one more contract out of DDG anyway, but wouldn't be surprised if he eventually leaves to one of the big 2 in Spain.

Trilla wrote: »
    :eek:
    haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

Yeah and next season, those who wish De Gea wasn't with us will have to watch and see that player is gonna play, play, play...

When it comes to his contract he will see that blank space and will write his name.

Only when you have an agenda and not posting crap with no basis.

Why won't ddg go to Germany or Italy? Why Madrid? Why not bayern?

But sure I like to play with my food and the crazies that come along every so often.
    I don't, I'm not the one speaking in retarded statements that have no factual basis.

That's you.

blahblahblah-factual basis.

Does everything need to be written in the history books before you believe it or see it happening?

You were probably all saying last season Moyes lost the dressing room, or Vidic got thrown out of the club from Moyes when it suits ye. WHere's the fact there?

If I'm a multi-millionaire in my 20s and I have a choice of playing for a big club in a big city like Barcelona, Madrid and Paris or the North West of England, I know what my preference would be. To ignore this as a factor is deluding yourself.

I think we'll get one more contract out of DDG anyway, but wouldn't be surprised if he eventually leaves to one of the big 2 in Spain.

I agree, he will return to Spain at some point, but not yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

But then if you're a millionaire you can go anywhere you want? so where you live isn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Does everything need to be written in the history books before you believe it or see it happening?

You were probably all saying last season Moyes lost the dressing room, or Vidic got thrown out of the club from Moyes when it suits ye. WHere's the fact there?

Rio wrote about it in his book.

The only fact here is that you're talking out of your hole, and not the one in your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If signing De Gea to a new contract was as simple as offering it to him, he would have signed a new contract. The fact he hasn't means either he, or his agent (Mendes) is playing some games. Maybe just to get the biggest deal he can off United, or maybe to engineer a move to Real Madrid.

Come this summer he will have one year left on his deal. The Ronaldo to United speculation will start again (esp. of Reus goes to Madrid as some are reporting). Falcao's loan deal will be up with either United or Madrid the likely destinations he'll aim for. Mendes the agent at the centre of it all.

The only fact here is that you're talking out of your hole, and not the one in your head.

Several of your fans have indicated already it's possible he'll go to Madrid.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement