Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Several of your fans have indicated already it's possible he'll go to Madrid.

I didn't realise I had fans, stop it, you're making me blush.

If you can't tell the difference between citing a possibility, and stating speculation as fact, then you just aren't worth mine, or anyone else's time, so there's no point taking you seriously in any way at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Several of your fans have indicated already it's possible he'll go to Madrid.

It's also possible that he quits football and joins the circus next week. Everything is possible...so is the notion he signs a new contract and stays with United for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

In other news: Its possible another Utd player may move to another club at some point in his career.

Some real eye openers on the thread today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I didn't realise I had fans, stop it, you're making me blush.

If you can't tell the difference between citing a possibility, and stating speculation as fact, then you just aren't worth mine, or anyone else's time, so there's no point taking you seriously in any way at all.

Where did I say he's going to go for definite. I think he'll probably go in a few years.

To give you the gist of what this "Liverpool" fan is about, he wants to sign Robbie Keane and Jordan Rhodes as Liverpools first team strikers, with the mighty Alan Pardew managing them :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Must be cold under the bridge at Christmas time.

To give you the gist of what this "Liverpool" fan is about, he wants to sign Robbie Keane and Jordan Rhodes as Liverpools first team strikers, with the mighty Alan Pardew managing them :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Must be cold under the bridge at Christmas time.

Incorrect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

GK1001 wrote: »
    I'm disgusted that I got that post

Shake it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Does anyone have any actual factual lowdown on his affinity to Athletico apart from the usual conjecture?

This is the only way I see him not ending up at Real in the medium term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Voted by who?

I presume its the same way the voting is done in England for PFA player of the year. anyway if you watched any Spanish football he was the stand out goalkeeper by a mile last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

mind the gap....

bangkok wrote: »
    I presume its the same way the voting is done in England for PFA player of the year. anyway if you watched any Spanish football he was the stand out goalkeeper by a mile last season.

Yes I did watch it. And Courtois was incredible, so I'd have chosen him.

Incorrect.

So angry. ROdgers has to go.

Pardew has a history of selling his best players and still performing to the normal level. ALso has a great scouting system.

I think he knws Ashley doesn't want him in Europe aswell so holds back.

Pardew and Carr and a new DOF would satisfy me.
    Robbie Keane would be a shrewd signing until Origi comes back.

Sorry, you didn't explicitly say you wanted to sign Jordan Rhodes, moreso hinted at it, that still leaves your utterly bat**** insane rambings above though.

Sorry, you didn't explicitly say you wanted to sign Jordan Rhodes, moreso hinted at it, that still leaves your utterly bat**** insane rambings above though.

Yeah but I'm missing the part where it says I want all 3 signed together.

And Robbie Keane would have scored 2 goals yesterday if he had Sterlings chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

If signing De Gea to a new contract was as simple as offering it to him, he would have signed a new contract. The fact he hasn't means either he, or his agent (Mendes) is playing some games. Maybe just to get the biggest deal he can off United, or maybe to engineer a move to Real Madrid.

Come this summer he will have one year left on his deal. The Ronaldo to United speculation will start again (esp. of Reus goes to Madrid as some are reporting). Falcao's loan deal will be up with either United or Madrid the likely destinations he'll aim for. Mendes the agent at the centre of it all.

Or maybe he has already signed and will be announced later. There were many deals that happened like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

If curtois is better than ddg why don't they just sign him?

• Advertisement

Because it'll please the Spanish Madrid fans having the spanish no.1 (in future) and an athletic instinctive keeper like Casillas.

Yes I did watch it. And Courtois was incredible, so I'd have chosen him.

not being smart but that is an obvious choice... It is widely acknowledged that navas was/is the best keeper in spain. yes courtois and caballero were good but Navas was a notch above both last year. 15 clean sheets with Levante

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cause he just moved to Chelsea.

Apparently they had a chat with him/his agent in the summer and I think I read prior to the summer that Curtios was interested in moving to them and would have pushed for a move harder if Chelsea hadn't promised him the No.1 spot.

not being smart but that is an obvious choice... It is widely acknowledged that navas was/is the best keeper in spain. yes courtois and caballero were good but Navas was a notch above both last year. 15 clean sheets with Levante

Oh my...

So....by your reckoning...Navas would be one of the best keepers in the world yet no one would have him as one of the best.

Because it'll please the Spanish Madrid fans having the spanish no.1 (in future) and an athletic instinctive keeper like Casillas.

Oh you mean the Madrid fans that hate athletico Madrid?

He may go, but not for the reasons you believe. Any player could go anywhere I the price was right.
    We aren't a selling club

• Advertisement

Oh you mean the Madrid fans that hate athletico Madrid?

He may go, but not for the reasons you believe. Any player could go anywhere I the price was right.
    We aren't a selling club

Don't Madrid fans hate Barca?

Didn't stop Figo.

Hope Santa brings you a new jumper this year, because there's holes being picked all over the one you have on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    But then if you're a millionaire you can go anywhere you want? so where you live isn't a problem.

But that's not the reality of a footballer's life. For 70% of the year you are tied to the town in which your club plays.

I'm not overly worried about DDG leaving anyway. We'll have him for around 4 more years anyway, imo, and there are some decent keepers doing the rounds these days if he does need to be replaced.

Oh my...

So....by your reckoning...Navas would be one of the best keepers in the world yet no one would have him as one of the best.

yes people that football closely would have him as one of the best on last seasons form but unfortunately for him Madrid have persisted with a poor casilles this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

But that's not the reality of a footballer's life. For 70% of the year you are tied to the town in which your club plays.

I'm not overly worried about DDG leaving anyway. We'll have him for around 4 more years anyway, imo, and there are some decent keepers doing the rounds these days if he does need to be replaced.

I still worry that we are going to sign Valdes, and it will be because DDG is off in the summer.

yes people that football closely would have him as one of the best on last seasons form but unfortunately for him Madrid have persisted with a poor casilles this season.

So no one follows football closely then judging by the current thread.

So no one follows football closely then judging by the current thread.

not sure what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

De Gea could easily end up at Real but we'd likely get retarded money for him, surely be able to get a pretty good keeper as replacement for a quarter of what we got for De Gea.

Obviously want him to sign a big long super contract and stay at United, but if he does go I'm sure we'll manage (if we get that defence from Santa we've been hankering for)

If I'm a multi-millionaire in my 20s and I have a choice of playing for a big club in a big city like Barcelona, Madrid and Paris or the North West of England, I know what my preference would be. To ignore this as a factor is deluding yourself.

I think we'll get one more contract out of DDG anyway, but wouldn't be surprised if he eventually leaves to one of the big 2 in Spain.

I'd hate to live in paris, terrible city.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ed Woodward is close friends with Jorge Mendes, time for a Christmas gift...Ed, you throw a lot of money at Jorge and Jorge throws us a signed contract with De Gea's name on it in return.
    Everyone happy.

Don't Madrid fans hate Barca?

Didn't stop Figo.

Hope Santa brings you a new jumper this year, because there's holes being picked all over the one you have on.
    Santa isn't real you silly billy

• Advertisement

I still worry that we are going to sign Valdes, and it will be because DDG is off in the summer.

I would not like to lose him now and it would feel like maybe more of a slap in the face than losing Ronaldo, because at least we got 3 or 4 world class years after putting up with his development before he left.

I'm hoping we get a nice announcement in Jan of a new contract.

I'd hate to live in paris, terrible city.

Paris is great within a 2 mile radius of the centre. Same as other mega cities I've been to like New York and London. It gets pretty grim when you get out to the banlieue, though, I agree.

question for ye, if real Madrid said the want to take De Gea but offered Bale as part of the deal and told us to pay 30-40m on top would ye be happy?

Nah I really would ask for retard money for him. 60 million pounds there luv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

3-0

:):D
    Spazdarn wrote: »
    would ask for retard money

:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

If we had a half decent defence we would be fine with a slightly less insane shot stopping keeper...say someone like Begovic a proven steady hand.

However if we're going to continue to give up 5 or 6 one on ones per game then DDG is vital.

This is hardly the long term plan of LVG, if DDG were to angle towards Madrid, I wouldn't be that concerned, nice and all as it would be for him to stay for 15 more years.

Off topic I hate when threads get derailed and you've to wait ages for the mods to do anything. Lucky enough lately in here for that though :)

Trilla wrote: »
    3-0

:):D

:(:mad:

Soz, obviously meant ridiculous/extremely foolish levels of money. No offence meant.

Paris is great within a 2 mile radius of the centre. Same as other mega cities I've been to like New York and London. It gets pretty grim when you get out to the banlieue, though, I agree.

The old stuff all looks the same cream colour, boring and no personality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Anyone remember a goalie getting MOTM award when their team wins 3-0 before yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I got MOTM in Navan a few months ago and we lost 7-1.

Al > ddg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Why so much DDG talk?

Multiple sources have relayed comments made by his father that he as no intention of leaving and sees good things happening at United. DDG himself saying he only sees his return to Spain to to play with Athletic again...that he would find it immensely difficult to join Madrid and its highly unlikely.

Did this come from Liverpool fans disgruntled over how garbage their goalkeepers are ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I doubt we'll have to really worry about De Gea leaving until 2016, we need to be winning some trophies next season to keep him

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

ericzeking wrote: »
    Does anyone have any actual factual lowdown on his affinity to Athletico apart from the usual conjecture?

This is the only way I see him not ending up at Real in the medium term.

Here is the letter he wrote when he left Atletico. It doesn't sound like something someone would write and then play for their rivals. Obviously it is possible he would join Real but not as sure a thing as some people are making it out to be. I think anyone who was with a club since they were four will have an affinity to that club!

(Taken from: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/771317-world-football-read-david-de-geas-touching-letter-to-atletico-madrid-fans)
    "It’s been just over a week since I signed the contract with my new team. It seems like yesterday when I was four and joined for the first time Atleti in Casarrubuelos. From the plane I travel in to join Manchester United I remember with nostalgia, that this nostalgic feeling will be my traveling companion for a long time.

Like any child, every evening was accompanied by excitement and my parents (without their support none of this would have been possible) with the sole aim of defending the goal of Calderón someday.

A little over a year and a half I completed my dream and sealed it with two titles, I will never forget that feeling, I will never forget the people’s faces painted red and white. I can not forget neither the tears of Barcelona, ​​behind the chants of support for us.

Today, 16 years later, I undertake a new challenge with the same enthusiasm of the boy and the eternal gratitude of a feeling, that only we understand, that I will carry forever in my heart regardless of the badge that adorns my chest.

I see from the airplane window how I leave behind my house, thanks to my new club for the opportunity it provides me with the security there to finish my education from a distance, that they only put the miles, you are proud of that boy who dreamed that the Calderon would sing his name.

A thousand feet above the ground I remember, now more than ever, all the teammates, coaches and club workers who made it possible that the child is now a man.

Winning a title there is a mix of smiles and tears. This is what happens to me now, tears because I am leaving, smiles for the illusion of something new, but also the assurance that someday I will return home. Thanks for everything."

And his situation is nothing like Suarez last year. Suarez wanted to leave and Liverpool were never going to be at the same level as Real or Barca any time soon. United are a bigger club with less pressure to sell their stars.

Think Liverpool fans should be more worried about Sterling moving to Real. He is the only bit of talent they have at all and will be even worse if he leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Don't know if ye have seen this but the Juan Mata is some man!

http://juanmata8.com/blog/en/a-special-day-in-the-theatre-of-dreams/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I love him so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Not sure if the point was made already but the starting 11 yesterday were all pre Van Gaal signings. The difference that Van Gaal has brought to the performances in terms of self belief and confidence is something else, when compared with the performances versus Liverpool last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Can't get through to this for some reason, just getting a blank page, can you post it on here?

Love mata, yesterdays kind of game suits him perfectly where he has runners in front of him as opposed to our pedestrian style at times in the last year of gradually moving up the pitch and shifting it across the box

Even though Jones in goal for Liverpool made an arse of himself for the 3rd that was a beautifully disguised pass for RvP's goal and the through ball to Rooney immediately before is just what he does best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

EF wrote: »
    Not sure if the point was made already but the starting 11 yesterday were all pre Van Gaal signings. The difference that Van Gaal has brought to the performances in terms of self belief and confidence is something else, when compared with the performances versus Liverpool last year!

Been mentioned 100 times, important to also remember that we gave up a lot of clear cut chances. Thankfully they were just too terrible to take them, had Suarez and sturridge been on the field it could have been very different.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

GK1001 wrote: »
    Can't get through to this for some reason, just getting a blank page, can you post it on here?
    Juan wrote:
    Hi everyone,

To tell the truth, this is not the usual blog entry. I got home a while ago and I still keep a smile on my face. This Sunday in Old Trafford has been a day to remember. For Manchester United, the games against Liverpool are always special. That circumstance, added to our good run of results in the last few games, were enough to create a spectacular atmosphere inside the stadium.

Believe me, when you are playing football in a place like Old Trafford and the crowd starts roaring you do feel it. The support of the United fans during my time here has been amazing, something really gratifying, but this Sunday was special. This 3-0 strengthens our position at the top side of the table; it makes us feel strong. Since the moment I stepped onto the pitch from the tunnel to the very last minute of the match, the atmosphere was incredible. I feel very lucky to be able to participate in this kind of games, which is what every footballer wants.

Personally, I was fortunate to score again. To be honest, I watched the footage and it’s true that I’m offside after Robin’s header. That is something you don’t realise when you are on the pitch. Anyway, we scored two more goals and that reinforces our victory.

And we won, among other things, thanks to the ‘Man of the Match’ David de Gea, who has had yet another great performance. He is in top form. Everybody’s praising him and now we have to keep working so we don’t need so many saves from him in the next few games; we have to get better in that regard. David gives us complete confidence. Liverpool created chances and they didn’t score because of him.

But I don’t want to focus only on the praise; the team has to keep working as we did in the last few weeks. That’s why we are improving. In just a few days we play against Aston Villa in a stadium with a very good atmosphere, where winning is always tough, and right after that we will be in Christmas. We have to maintain this positive streak and try to get as many points as possible this month.

Talking now about Spain, this weekend I was able to follow several games since we didn’t play very late. Real Madrid won again (20 times in a row already). This time in Almería with more goals from Cristiano. When you check his stats it looks as if we were at the end of the season instead of the first half. On Saturday, Barcelona drew in Getafe –they are hard to beat at home– and Valencia won 3-0 against Rayo. I also watched a bit of Atlético vs Villarreal, and the Basque derby, very intense as always and also rainy.

Before I say goodbye I would like to highlight the club’s partnership with Unicef, an organization I use to cooperate with. Unicef’s work is really commendable: it helps millions of boys and girls all over the world, I encourage you to collaborate. This is a good time to be with the ones you love but also to be aware of those who struggle in life. I hope the next year is even better than this one. But there are still a few days left in 2014… Let’s make the most of them ;-)

Thank you once again for your messages, I read them all! Have a nice week! Hugs,

Juan

<3

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement