Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I think people are just jealous of our bromance with Dave and just want to break it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Some gems in post of the year thread, when you look back some of the posts from last season they are lolworthy.

Mars Bar wrote: »

That's Epic. What a legend.

Love how he says "I'm not interested in what your doing next year!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

It's great to see him put journalists in their place. I felt moyes was too nice to them, especially when the knives were out.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Why so much DDG talk?

Multiple sources have relayed comments made by his father that he as no intention of leaving and sees good things happening at United. DDG himself saying he only sees his return to Spain to to play with Athletic again...that he would find it immensely difficult to join Madrid and its highly unlikely.

Did this come from Liverpool fans disgruntled over how garbage their goalkeepers are ?

No it's Liverpool fans looking for an angle to disgruntle happy Man Utd fans since yesterday evening. That is all!

BTW some great reading in here to catch up on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

advertsfox wrote: »
    Ted's Vimeo reactions, love this guy.

http://vimeo.com/114503417
    "He's not getting past those two, is he? Oh my God, he has!"

:pac:
    bangkok wrote: »
    question for ye, if real Madrid said the want to take De Gea but offered Bale as part of the deal and told us to pay 30-40m on top would ye be happy?
    Nope, horrible deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nope, horrible deal.

Bale and 40m for de gea and we'll talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Don't know has this been mentioned today and sorry to put a dampner on things but Herrera has been implicated in a match fixing scandal in Spain. This was when he was with Zaragoza.
    Really hope it doesn't become a distraction for him but I'm sure nothing will come from it ultimately.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/15/ander-herrera-real-zaragoza-levante-alleged-matchfixing

Few other big names included on the list as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Would just about be happy with signing Bale for 40m. So that would effectively be giving them De Gea for free in my eyes. Fook right off tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That's Epic. What a legend.

Love how he says "I'm not interested in what your doing next year!!"

The fact he takes no bullsh*t whatsoever wins him so many fans. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Would just about be happy with signing Bale for 40m. So that would effectively be giving them De Gea for free in my eyes. Fook right off tbh.

well seeing as we already bid 100m for bale when he was at spurs and madrid signed bale for 85m not a hope they would sell him for 40m. add in the fact they sold di maria to us for 60m i reckon they wouldnt take anything less than 65-70m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Don't know has this been mentioned today and sorry to put a dampner on things but Herrera has been implicated in a match fixing scandal in Spain. This was when he was with Zaragoza.
    Really hope it doesn't become a distraction for him but I'm sure nothing will come from it ultimately.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/15/ander-herrera-real-zaragoza-levante-alleged-matchfixing

is this story not months old and apparently something to do with the owner paying wages directly to players during a financial mess at the club. (2nd half of that sentence is hearsay but the first half is certainly true)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

well seeing as we already bid 100m for bale when he was at spurs and madrid signed bale for 85m not a hope they would sell him for 40m. add in the fact they sold di maria to us for 60m i reckon they wouldnt take anything less than 65-70m

Yeah, I've no doubt they wouldn't take 40m, so they can fook right off. Bale for 85m was hilariously overpriced.

Yeah, I've no doubt they wouldn't take 40m, so they can fook right off. Bale for 85m was hilariously overpriced.

bale is class, would love him at united

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Was he not on the team that won? And it's alleged the players on the losing team were paid to lose?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Was he not on the team that won? And it's alleged the players on the losing team were paid to lose?

Every player involved in the match (including subs) are called for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

looking forward to MNF after the advert. They are talking about utd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Trilla wrote: »

Then take Cech of Chelsea's hands for less than the cash taken in.

It would have to be a stellar deal from Madrid to lure him away from us but as good as he is every player is sellable when the right deal comes along.

Madrid are very strong in every area and will want only the best in goal. Neur is at Bayern for life imo and Courtois has just left Spain to start his Chelsea career so I think they will come calling for DDG.

Lets see what they bring to the table first of all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Trilla wrote: »

I'm serious

De gea will save us more than bale will score for us :p

• Advertisement

It would have to be a stellar deal from Madrid to lure him away from us but as good as he is every player is sellable when the right deal comes along.

Madrid are very strong in every area and will want only the best in goal. Neur is at Bayern for life imo and Courtois has just left Spain to start his Chelsea career so I think they will come calling for DDG.

they have the best goalkeeper in spain on the bench..Navas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Headshot wrote: »
    looking forward to MNF after the advert. They are talking about utd

Big spiel about De Gea, interesting viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

madcabbage wrote: »
    Big spiel about De Gea, interesting viewing.

Great stat about the change in % in punching/catching the ball from crosses.
    Massive turnaround in 4 years. Massive plaudits to himself and the coaching staff.

I had to hold the back the tears watching how much this goalie has improved.

Its like watching the Great Dane again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Carvajal would be a good start, definitely sort out the right back position

they have the best goalkeeper in spain on the bench..Navas

I don't rate him that highly but the quality of keepers in La Liga is so poor it could be right.

I don't think Navas is top ten in the world material and Real Madrid are all about box offices names and DDG is big right now. Should be an interesting January for UTD fans one way or the other.

• Advertisement

Let's hope the utd fans at OT have a 'Brendan Rodgers is a football genius' banner

Can anybody confirm if this happened?

I just saw who City got lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can anybody confirm if this happened?

I wouldn't call it a banner...
    Thought the one beside it was hilarious in it's childlike simplicity :pac:

I don't rate him that highly but the quality of keepers in La Liga is so poor it could be right.

I don't think Navas is top ten in the world material and Real Madrid are all about box offices names and DDG is big right now. Should be an interesting January for UTD fans one way or the other.

not top 10? he is def top 10 and would be maybe top 5 imo

Neuer
    de gea
    buffon
    courtois
    Navas

Since a lot of the hype is from UTD fans about de gea, we should play it down.

De Gea is so average, you hear that Madrid. All he does is just stand around looking handsome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

All day the talk has been on de gea. Lets move on people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

All day the talk has been on de gea. Lets move on people

On to Tony V. He's been decent for a while now. Wonder if he's going to keep Rafael out of the team if we persist with the wing back system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

On to Tony V. He's been decent for a while now. Wonder if he's going to keep Rafael out of the team if we persist with the wing back system.

He's been ok for a while, good yesterday but generally terrible defensively and passable offensively which is expected for a winger who's crap at attacking.

not top 10? he is def top 10 and would be maybe top 5 imo

Neuer
    de gea
    buffon
    courtois
    Navas

Cech
    Loris
    Hart
    Sirigu
    Weidenfeller
    Howard
    and Lopez are all better and the ones you mentioned.

Navas was bought to replace Lopez who was keeping Casillas out of the team before Lopez signed for Milan. Navas is a bench warmer for a reason.

Madrid spent 10m on him to have a decent no.2 option for the prone to error Casillas. Thats about the right amount of a "tide us over purchase" for Madrid.

They'll go for DDG or someone else as their no.1 and either Navas or Casillas will be moved on. My guess is Casillas will be kept to see out his days as the no.2 due to loyalty.

Cech
    Loris
    Hart
    Sirigu
    Weidenfeller
    Howard
    and Lopez are all better and the ones you mentioned.

Navas was bought to replace Lopez who was keeping Casillas out of the team before Lopez signed for Milan. Navas is a bench warmer for a reason.

Madrid spent 10m on him to have a decent no.2 option for the prone to error Casillas. Thats about the right amout of a "tide us over purchase" for Madrid.

They'll go for DDG or someone else as their no.1 and either Navas or Casillas will be moved on. My guess is Casillas will be kept to see out his days as the no.2 due to loyalty.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12087/9528821/el-clasico-combined-xi-guillem-balague-leaves-out-neymar-and-gareth-bale

and howard?!!! tim "error prone" howard?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Are you seriously using a Balague clickbait combined team selection to prove a fucking point? For real like?

And Tim Howard has been a superb goalkeeper for a long time now.

Are you seriously using a Balague combined team selection to prove a fucking point? For real like?

And Tim Howard has been a superb goalkeeper for a long time now.

no im just adding to my argument. he had 15 clean sheets for levante last year and a superb world cup.

tim howard has been a good goalkeeper, wouldnt say suberb, poor at united and made plenty of mistakes with everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

he had 15 clean sheets for levante last year and a superb world cup.

Did you watch any of their games?

I'd take a stab at no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Did you watch any of their games?

I'd take a stab at no.

Ah 15 clean sheets for any keeper not playing for a top 2 side in any division is unreal tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Some gems in post of the year thread, when you look back some of the posts from last season they are lolworthy.

This one is particularly delicious, although not from last season.
    I feel a bit sorry for them to be honest. It's like watching the guy you never liked in school turn into a heroin addict sucking off old fellas down a laneway for a few euro to get a fix.

/cocks ear

Whats that sound?

Could it be?

You know something, I think it is.

Tis the sound of tables been turned!

:D

To take the template used by Niallo above.

I feel kinda sorry for them now. They remind me of that kid in school, the one whose older brother used to rule the roost. Big brother was full of piss and vinegar, afraid of nobody, the girls loved him, the boys idolised him, everyone wanted to be his friend, the teachers thought him an inspiration, he consistently got the best results in all his exams, on sports day there was none better.

But then he left school, and little brother started. Keen to make a name for himself and emulate his elder sibling, little brother threw himself into everything, he went out for all the team events, he enrolled in all the extra curricular activities he could find and started studying physics and applied maths.

He started out well but before too long it was evident that he was in trouble. His grades started to slip, he couldn't handle the pressures of the modern jazz dance classes, people started to laugh at him. When picking teams he was regularly left to being second to last pick, next to "Porky" Harris. Try as he might he couldn't match the other boys in sports or in exams.

Occasionally he would manage to guess the answers right and get top marks, or that time in the 400 metre hurdles he came up against the Italian boy with rickets and he snuck past him at the winners post but other than that he just could not get out of the shadow of big brother.

Then one fateful day his parents announced they were taking in a foreign exchange student to stay with the family and teach little brother some language skills in an effort to get his grades up and hopefully, hopefully get his place in the prestigious University of "Not Just Also Rans"

The transformation was almost instantaneous, little brothers confidence grew and grew, suddenly he was the first one the team captains wanted to pick, he was getting A's & B's to beat the band in his exams, the girls were adding him on the Faizebuke and he was asked to all the parties.

He knew it was too good to be true but he dared to dream that this was his time, this was the moment that his traumatic high school experience was leading to, "I will be a university student" he thought, "I will finally be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with my big brother and my Uncle Ken".

Alas it wasnt to be for little brother, before he knew what was happening the foreign exchange student disappeared never to be seen again!

It turns out that all he had been doing was using little brothers family to gain access to an exchange program normally reserved only for the cream of the crop students.

With the loss of his friend and mentor little brother went into a tail spin of depression. He started sniffing glue, got the remedial student "Big" Rachel Lambrusco pregnant and got paired up with a psychotic young man named Mark as his physics lab partner.

And here we are today, little brother, broken, dejected, alone.

Working in the school tuck shop, yet again looking through photo albums of his brothers part triumphs, lamenting what could and should have been, if only for Lazlo, I could have been king, thought little brother, I could have been king.

• Advertisement

Lol, you gotta love Balague. He has Navas in goal for his El Clasico best XI despite Navas never actually playing in an El Clasico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

beno619 wrote: »
    Ah 15 clean sheets for any keeper not playing for a top 2 side in any division is unreal tbf.

I didn't dispute that, I just asked if had seen any of the games?

The big problem with football is you have too many people judging players by stats and other things that are not definitive of the players ability or potential.

How do you know that the defence for Levante wasn't incredible and the cause for the majority of the clean sheets?

I'm not saying that's the case because I didn't see many Levante games last year myself, but I find it hilarious that people are able to make such ridiculous statements based on nothing but statistics that don't necessarily mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Great GW16 for us but onwards and upwards to 17 now - Villa next, Sat 3pm Setanta ... Come on to fcuk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It says a lot that while rooney was celebrating his goal, i was dancing round my kitchen in disbelief that tony v actually went passed a man and got a good cross in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Surely this has to get a spot in the post of the year thread?!
    ElChe32 wrote: »
    You're clutching at more straws than a wánking scarecrow mate.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Post of the year was the simpsons one over the summer, all I can remember is that it was hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Post of the year was the simpsons one over the summer, all I can remember is that it was hilarious

Say the line, Bart!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That was gas - the "we're not signing" stuff took a life on in itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Say the line, Future Guy!

It was fantastic in the context alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement