Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Ah come on, someone needs to resurrect it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ah come on, someone needs to resurrect it!

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

You left out the end bit, post #3461.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ha I was quite proud of that conversation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Who was the poster that called young a disgrace because he saw him in a night club in London when young was injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Who was the poster that called young a disgrace because he saw him in a night club in London when young was injured?

Was that not sturridge?

I could be wrong

What a great chuckle that brings

That was genuinely a great night's craic in here. It was both equally unexpected and needed at the time, considering that the lack of signings since Shaw and Herrera was starting to take its toll on the overall mood around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I'm not saying that's the case because I didn't see many Levante games last year myself, but I find it hilarious that people are able to make such ridiculous statements based on nothing but statistics that don't necessarily mean anything.

I saw him at the world cup were he looked solid.

Combined with the fact he was also named keeper of the year ahead of courtois and kept 15 clean sheets would make me believe that someone's statement of him being the best keeper in Spain has some legs.

I'm not saying its true just that the stats paint a believable picture.

• Advertisement

Would ye look at what we have become. Reminiscing about past glorys, past times.

Sure who would do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I follow Blind on Facebook, he's a bit of a goofy character :) More pics here.

2413998100000578-2875221-image-m-55_1418688528753.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

beno619 wrote: »
    I saw him at the world cup were he looked solid.

Combined with the fact he was also named keeper of the year ahead of courtois and kept 15 clean sheets would make me believe that someone's statement of him being the best keeper in Spain has some legs.

I'm not saying its true just that the stats paint a believable picture.

Frazer Forster has the most clean sheets in the league so far this year. (I think)

Does that means he's now better than Courtois, De Gea, Cech and Hart?

Of course not, stats mean very little in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jebus that jacket on Carrick is awful

advertsfox wrote: »
    I follow Blind on Facebook, he's a bit of a goofy character :) More pics here.

2413998100000578-2875221-image-m-55_1418688528753.jpg

Oh christ, Shaw is wearing those black skinny jeans with no socks again, the shame :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

a bleedin man-bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Did you watch any of their games?

I'd take a stab at no.

I actually follow most of la liga games the way I would premier league games so yes I have seen them play lots of times.

judging by that comment you have never seen him play or never even heard of him before the world cup

Lol, you gotta love Balague. He has Navas in goal for his El Clasico best XI despite Navas never actually playing in an El Clasico.

no, he has picked his best 11 players that are available to play in that el clasico.

Toni kroos, luis Suarez, ivan Rakitic had also never played in el clasico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I just heard some rubbish about Herrera and scamming matches in Spain off a guy in the kitchen in work? What iz diz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Blind looks bit Homeless.

• Advertisement

a bleedin man-bag?

It's a satchel, Indiana jones has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I just did one of those snort laughs, in work....worth it though!

Jesus the delusion and denial becomes so strong at times

Trilla wrote: »
    I just heard some rubbish about Herrera and scamming matches in Spain off a guy in the kitchen in work? What iz diz?

Old news, nothing serious as far as I remember, it's the same thing that Gabi was involved in months ago, pretty sure all the headlines are just sensationalist garbage that people are picking up on.

bangkok wrote: »
    I actually follow most of la liga games the way I would premier league games so yes I have seen them play lots of times.

judging by that comment you have never seen him play or never even heard of him before the world cup

Levate were a solid defensive unit before he came, they have been a safety first team for years,the clean sheets are not solely down to him and his spectacular performance alone or anything though I do think he is a very good keeper.

Using his clean sheets as some sort of proof of his ability is a red herring though, without his defence he doesn't get those 15 clean sheets. It would have been better if you gave some examples of saves you saw him make, how he commanded his backline or his box, some situations where he took up excellent positioning to cut off angles and make the goal smaller etc

Course, the chances are you haven't really seen that much of him to be able to do that, just relying on his stats and the fact he won goalkeeper of the year, his only actual competition there was Courtois tbh and I am somewhat surprised he won it ahead of him, but not absolutely shocked or anything. Can't say I studied his game all that much last year, I do know he impressed me at times when I caught Levante games, but again, it is tempered by the fact that Levante defended very well as a unit.

He was part of the unit and I think he has a shot at taking over the number 1 spot at Madrid, but I don't think he has it in the bag just yet, he will get a chance to prove he is the man for the job though imo.

Players doing well at other clubs and then coming to Madrid, particularly players at other, smaller, Spanish clubs, don't always make the grade at Madrid, even very good players, like Illemarendi, Canales etc have shown just how good they are but had the career stalled by joining Madrid.

There is still hope for the former, but Canales was one hell of an exciting talent when he was signed by Madrid, now he is being linked with Aston Villa and playing for David Moyes :)

I believe the technical term for it is, "Old News"

;)

Or maybe he's right, and every single scout in Spain who sees him week in, week out, didn't think the BEST goalkeeper in Spain was worth a massive 10m.

Or maybe he's right, and every single scout in Spain who sees him week in, week out, didn't think the BEST goalkeeper in Spain was worth a massive 10m.

Meh, maybe other teams came in, I am sure they did tbf but Madrid are a very hard one to resist of course :)

nothing to do with transfer fee, Barca and Real know that every team in spain is up to their eyes in Debt and they can take players on the cheap from them.

Rakitic was one of the best players in spain last year and barca signed him for 14m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

According to physio room, by the 28th December 4 of the 6 remaining players on the treatment table will be able to return and the only players with no return date are Thorpe & Rojo. Things might be changing for the better lads, wonder with LVG can do with a fully fit squad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

According to physio room, by the 28th December 4 of the 6 remaining players on the treatment table will be able to return and the only players with no return date are Thorpe & Rojo. Things might be changing for the better lads, wonder with LVG can do with a fully fit squad?

I think Rojo was taken out as a precaution. Hopefully so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

241399E100000578-2875221-image-m-58_1418688617014.jpg

"Ashley Young (right), Herrera and Radamel Falcao (left) arrive at the Neighbourhood bar ahead of the night out"

Uuuuhhhmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That was great few pages on here :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anderson looking Gansta!

Falcao looking like a rapist.

Anderson looking Gansta!

I hate his face even more now. I wonder will he even feature in the fa cup 3rd round, on the bench, waterboy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Anderson looking Gansta!
    I think the Mirror must have forgotten who he even is at this point. :p

• Advertisement

The size of Falcoa's glasses, he must have been looking at old repeats of Corrie. Where's Vera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

So happy to be smug again

I hate his face even more now. I wonder will he even feature in the fa cup 3rd round, on the bench, waterboy?

I started a new career last night with utd on FIFA.
    I'm not gonna sell Anderson just to annoy you. I'm gonna play him. I'm gonna bring him back to his former glory

I should have edited Fellaini to maroune wildman

I started a new career last night with utd on FIFA. I'm not gonna sell Anderson just to annoy you.

video games, love mario bros 2 and International superstar soccer <3

I always use Anderson in my teams, he never gets injured in the games at all oddly enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Its true that prosecuters have named him along with others
    Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera is one of 41 players, coaches and directors named in a match-fixing investigation in Spain.
    Prosecutors allege almost one million Euros was used to pay Levante players to lose their match against Zaragoza at the end of the 2010-11 season.
    Swansea City winger Jefferson Montero is also among those named by prosecutor Alejandro Luzon. The BBC has asked Herrera's agent for a response. A Swansea spokesman said: "We have had no contact... regarding this matter."

It could get serious, hard to tell.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30489499

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Falcao needs a hat and he's inspector gadget.

falcao is clark kent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Falcao looks like a second year female student in UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Falcao looks like a second year female student in UCD.

I studied women in 2nd year ucd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ander Hererra releasing a statement via FB on recent events -

"Ander Herrera – statement:

In an on-going legal process involving Real Zaragoza (Spain), the club I was honoured to play from 12 until 22 years of age, there are 41 people cited as possible witnesses, of which I am one.
    I have never had and will never have anything to do with manipulating match results.
    If I am ever called to testify in any judicial hearing, I’ll be happy to attend, as my conscience is totally clear.
    I love football and I believe in fair play, both on and off the pitch."

I hope to God the lad is telling the truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Seriously, how in the name of christ can he be involved? When it's alleged the players on the losing team were paid to lose, and he was on the winning team???

Unless he just had knowledge of it, but that strikes me a pretty stupid, letting the players on the other team know. I'm sure they don't need any added incentive to try and win the game.

If he was on the losing team, then I'd be worried.

the charge is that he received monies from his club into his bank account, then took it out as cash and gave it to the losing side players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Just had a though, Falcao cant get a game for us, Pool dont have a forward they trust. Its Amazing what can happen in 12 months :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if (and i know its a big f*cking if right now), we had all our players fit, what would your first 11 be?

for me it would be as follows -

DDG
    Rafael
    Rojo
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Carrick

Herrera
    Di Maria

Rooney

Falcao
    RVP

Subs - Lindegaard,Jones,Evans,Fellaini,Young,Mata,Blind.

that still leaves Adnan, McNair,Blackett,Wilson, Fletcher.

2 or 3 top class players next summer at CB, CM and RB would make that into a serious first 11.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement