Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

if (and i know its a big f*cking if right now), we had all our players fit, what would your first 11 be?

for me it would be as follows -

DDG
    Rafael
    Rojo
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Carrick

Herrera
    Di Maria

Rooney

Falcao
    RVP

Subs - Lindegaard,Jones,Evans,Fellaini,Young,Mata,Blind.

that still leaves Adnan, McNair,Blackett,Wilson, Fletcher.

2 or 3 top class players next summer at CB, CM and RB would make that into a serious first 11.

Ye'll have to look at a striker soon, can't rely on the OAP forward line for too long. Falcao isn't even ye'rs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

if (and i know its a big f*cking if right now), we had all our players fit, what would your first 11 be?

DDG
    Rafael
    Rojo
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Carrick

Herrera
    Di Maria

Rooney

Falcao
    RVP

2 or 3 top class players next summer at CB, CM and RB would make that into a serious first 11.

More or less the same for me, but maybe Fellaini for Herrera as he adds that bit more defensive solidity and physicality to the midfield, which is very welcome in that system IMO. It's a pity because I like Herrera a lot and he is much better on the ball than Fellaini.

Edit: Jones also has a claim on one of the CB spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

DDG
    Rafael
    Rojo
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Carrick

Herrera
    Di Maria

Rooney

Falcao
    RVP

Jones for Smalling or Rojo, Valencia for Rafael.
    Otherwise I like the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

DDG
    Rafael
    Rojo
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Carrick

Herrera
    Di Maria

Rooney

Falcao
    RVP

Rooney, RVP and Falcao should not be on the pitch together. Its just picking a team based on their names and not what is best for the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Rooney, RVP and Falcao should not be on the pitch together. Its just picking a team based on their names and not what is best for the team.

after Wilson's performance sunday, no reason why falcao wont start this Saturday at villa

bangkok wrote: »
    after Wilson's performance sunday, no reason why falcao wont start this Saturday at villa

And why exactly would you drop Wilson for Falcao and not Herrera?

And why exactly would you drop Wilson for Falcao and not Herrera?

because falcao needs to starts cames asap or Utd wont be buying him in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

DDG
    Rafael
    Rojo
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Carrick

Herrera
    Di Maria

Rooney

Falcao
    RVP

331904.png

Falcao will start the next few games IMO.

• Advertisement

because falcao needs to starts cames asap or Utd wont be buying him in the summer

What sort of logic is that? Thats not a team selection based on whats best for the team, but on whats best for an individual player.

If Falcao needs games then rotate him with Rooney or RVP, don't shoehorn him in at the expense of the midfield.

What sort of logic is that? Thats not a team selection based on whats best for the team, but on whats best for an individual player.

If Falcao needs games then rotate him with Rooney or RVP, don't shoehorn him in at the expense of the midfield.

Rooney played in midfield on Sunday and was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Ye'll have to look at a striker soon, can't rely on the OAP forward line for too long. Falcao isn't even ye'rs.

Who are the OAPs?

Blatter wrote: »
    Rooney played in midfield on Sunday and was fantastic.

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Falcao isn't match fit, but he's not getting any minutes on the pitch. He's favouring Wilson (potentially very good) over Falcao. Falcao with minutes under his belt could be a huge asset.

And?

Rooney can play in midfield and Falcao + RvP can play up top together. You don't necessarily have to rotate RvP and Rooney to play Falcao. Your point was that shouldn't be done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'd like to see Young get a few games on the right wing. His work rate, passing, dribbling and movement have all been good recently and if he was playing on the right side and not as a defender he could actually concentrate on something that he probably has a talent for - crossing the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

And?

you mean

"OR"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I cant see Falcao getting starts till after Christmas (perhaps one game), especially if he still cant play more than 20 minutes (still).

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I cant see Falcao getting starts till after Christmas (perhaps one game), especially if he still cant play more than 20 minutes (still).

Van Gaal said Falcao is fit to start but played Wilson against Liverpool because of his speed.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't start against Villa.

falcao is probably the best striker in the world when fit, the sooner we get him 100% fit, the sooner he starts scoring goals and helping the team. You don't get fit sitting on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

the charge is that he received monies from his club into his bank account, then took it out as cash and gave it to the losing side players.

He personally?

I don't think so, thought the charge was more along the lines of the club putting money in the bank accounts, the players returning the money but not reporting the incident.

I would have to google again but thought it was what I read at the time.

When I am home I can check unless someone else throws it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

David De Gea: Manchester United relaxed about new deal for keeper - Nice to hear something in the news from an official source.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30493056

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

kryogen wrote: »
    He personally?

Yes, him personally.

Guardian Link
    Luzón has accused Zaragoza of paying €965,000 [£767,000] to Levante’s players to throw the game. The money was allegedly paid by the club into the accounts of nine Zaragoza players plus the then manager, Javier Aguirre, and the sporting director, Antonio Prieto. The public prosecutor accuses those 11 of then withdrawing the money in cash to pay their opponents. The club maintains that the payments were bonuses given to their own players.

Herrera is accused of receiving two payments, of €50,000 and €40,000 respectively.

So, yeah - the charge is that he received circa 90k into his account, to later remove and hand over to the opposition players.

His own club are saying it was a bonus payment.

I'm not a judge, I'm not saying he is guilty and I'm not saying the payments weren't bonuses, as claimed. I'm just saying what the charges are.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

This is just going to be a stick to beat utd with, oh look their players are cheaters.

Buying refs etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cash incentives to lower teams is common in Spain.

zerks wrote: »
    Cash incentives to lower teams is common in Spain.

yes to win games, extremely common towards the end of the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMBD53ZuGc

hopefully see some of this at the weekend

Blatter wrote: »
    Rooney can play in midfield and Falcao + RvP can play up top together. You don't necessarily have to rotate RvP and Rooney to play Falcao. Your point was that shouldn't be done?

Yes, why play Rooney out of position and leave your €30m+ midfielder on the bench just to accommodate having a third striker on the field. Thats not the best option for the team.

Rooney can do a job in midfield, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Yes, why play Rooney out of position and leave your €30m+ midfielder on the bench just to accommodate having a third striker on the field. Thats not the best option for the team.

Rooney can do a job in midfield, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

exactly, and he can do a better job that the players that are there apart from carrick

exactly, and he can do a better job that the players that are there apart from carrick

No he can't.

• Advertisement

No he can't.

so of rooney, Herrera, fellaini, fletcher, Anderson which of those players play best in midfield?

so of rooney, Herrera, fellaini, fletcher, Anderson which of those players play best in midfield?

Wayne Rooney is not a midfielder, and its retarded to even have this conversation.

Herrera and Felliani are better midfielders than Wayne Rooney, and Fletcher would be if he was still able to play football at all. Who cares about Anderson.

Wayne Rooney is not a midfielder, and its retarded to even have this conversation.

Herrera and Felliani are better midfielders than Wayne Rooney, and Fletcher would be if he was still able to play football at all. Who cares about Anderson.

So would Keane if he was still able to play football.

did you not watch the game sunday or any other time when rooney played midfield for united?

and saying fellaini is better than rooney in midfield :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saw this on Twitter.

B49Tv8MIgAAbpVR.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

According to physio room, by the 28th December 4 of the 6 remaining players on the treatment table will be able to return and the only players with no return date are Thorpe & Rojo. Things might be changing for the better lads, wonder with LVG can do with a fully fit squad?

Thorpe is back in training. No idea why that site gets so much credit, it's all guesswork.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Saw this on Twitter.

B49Tv8MIgAAbpVR.jpg

Yet Hazard has torn up the league with Fabregas while Mata has disappeared for large spells. Good stat all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Yet Hazard has torn up the league with Fabregas while Mata has disappeared for large spells. Good stat all the same.

Who do you support out of interest?

Timmyctc wrote: »

Liverpool, why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Timmyctc wrote: »

Bridgeend afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Liverpool, why?

You should get your coat....

=============================> to the exit door

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Juan Mata may not do a whole lot, partly due to being on the bench, but he has a habit of recently popping up with game winning goals. Really hope Van Gaal starts him for the next few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Go Mods!

brinty wrote: »

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

In what ways is Fellaini a better midfielder than Rooney? He's slower, has nothing like the range of passing or creativity. His height and strength give him an advantage aerially, and make him more of a nuisance defensively in some situations, but Rooney is still probably the smarter defender.

I disagree that Fellaini is the better midfielder and I don't think it's close, unless you're talking about "the better midfielder to do a very specific job".
    None of which is to say I think midfield is Rooney's best position, or even Fellaini's, but that's not the point.

• Advertisement

RGDATA! wrote: »
    In what ways is Fellaini a better midfielder than Rooney? He's slower, has nothing like the range of passing or creativity. His height and strength give him an advantage aerially, and make him more of a nuisance defensively in some situations, but Rooney is still probably the smarter defender.

I disagree that Fellaini is the better midfielder and I don't think it's close, unless you're talking about "the better midfielder to do a very specific job".
    None of which is to say I think midfield is Rooney's best position, or even Fellaini's, but that's not the point.

You wouldn't think Rooney is the better defender when Coutinho floated by him and created a shot and save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

???

If you support Liverpool

brinty wrote: »
    If you support Liverpool

Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Git just wants to be around the cool kids here in the United forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Or just annoy people, he seems to be doing it to the pool supporters as well. Ahwell..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement