Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Or just annoy people, he seems to be doing it to the pool supporters as well. Ahwell..

So first I'm asked who I support and then when it's not utd I get accused of annoying people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Gits_bone wrote: »
    So first I'm asked who I support and then when it's not utd I get accused of annoying people.

I never said you were annoying people in here cause youre not a United fan, your ****posts are what is annoying people and it has little to do with who you support.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mata knows where the goal is and he is great at assisting, so it is better to have him on the field than as a sub. He may not be the fastest but he is an intelligent player.
    It is good that LVG sees this and has been playing him from the start.

I was looking at goal stats for the last four games.
    The main scorers:
    RVP 4
    Rooney 2
    Mata 2.

I did think Mata's future was in danger at the club, but now I think he offers too much to simply sell him.
    The sublime pass in the last game that started the sequence which he was vital in the third goal shows how he can unlock a defense.
    He has gotten us crucial goals. He is a great player to have.
    Funny thing is ex Chelsea players are playing vital roles in the clubs challenging Chelsea, Lampard at City and our wonderful Mata.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You wouldn't think Rooney is the better defender when Coutinho floated by him and created a shot and save.

I remember this one time Messi went to go past a player and he didn't make it, the defender stuck out a leg and got the ball, I used to think Messi was the bestest ever up until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »
    did you not watch the game sunday or any other time when rooney played midfield for united?

and saying fellaini is better than rooney in midfield :eek:

Strangely enough, I did indeed see the game on Sunday, as well as the other few times Rooney has played deeper in midfield.

Wayne Rooney is not a midfielder and this conversation is retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Strangely enough, I did indeed see the game on Sunday, as well as the other few times Rooney has played deeper in midfield.

How about putting up your starting 11 then like Homer asked after posting his and the reasons for it? You start a debate on here and then give out about the debate in hand!

adox wrote: »
    How about putting up your starting 11 then like Homer asked after posting his and the reasons for it? You start a debate on here and then give out about the debate in hand!

I'm not Shadowcomplex and don't usually bother posting fantasy 11's, but I can shit 11 names onto the page if you really want to see them? Seems like a waste of time to me though.

All I did was say that we shouldn't be squeezing three strikers onto the field just to accommodate Falcao, we should play people in their best positions. Bangkok's silly belief that Rooney is a midfielder is a different matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

You wouldn't think Rooney is the better defender when Coutinho floated by him and created a shot and save.

You wouldn't think Fellaini could pass for **** or had a first touch if you looked at isolated incidents from the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

if (and i know its a big f*cking if right now), we had all our players fit, what would your first 11 be?

for me it would be as follows -

DDG
    Rafael
    Rojo
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Carrick

Herrera
    Di Maria

Rooney

Falcao
    RVP

Subs - Lindegaard,Jones,Evans,Fellaini,Young,Mata,Blind.

that still leaves Adnan, McNair,Blackett,Wilson, Fletcher.

2 or 3 top class players next summer at CB, CM and RB would make that into a serious first 11.

Based on what I've seen of him so far this season, id probably try to find a place for Blind. Would add a bit of pace and energy around the middle with a little more stability offered than Herrera. Not sure how he would tie in with Carrick. Formation could end up something like 4-2-2-2 with both sitting to allow Di Maria and Rooney more freedom. Against bigger teams, possibly losing one of the strikers to add Herrera into midfield. Would be fantastic to actually get all these players available, with big competition for places pushing everyone on, out of form players being easily replaced. Hopefully one day!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Or just annoy people, he seems to be doing it to the pool supporters as well. Ahwell..

You know, as I've told you before...if you've got a problem with a poster and think he's trolling, use the report function. Do not start airing such ideas publicly. This goes for everyone; cut out backseat modding.

The United thread is not just for United fans, no more than the Pool thread is for Pool fans. It's a free board so its certainly not anyone's business but the mods to start saying who can and cannot post where.

this conversation is retarded.

Keep using that word, and keep being so aggressive, and it's a conversation you can take a break from. There is no need to start getting uncivil, so get over yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Rooney's not a midfielder and I can't believe it's nearly 2015 and people are still arguing over this. He's a top class striker (arguably the most important we have) who can do a good job, very good job even, in midfield should the match/tactics require it. To consistently play him in central midfield would be a waste of a large portion of his talents especially now that we actually have good central midfielders.

I apologise for using a word that the dictonary defines as "very foolish or stupid".

Rooney's not a midfielder and I can't believe it's nearly 2015 and people are still arguing over this.

Not everyone is arguing over this. I'm not. The point was made that Fellaini was a better midfielder than Rooney, I was arguing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I will give Young one thing, he is getting more invloved and looking for ball at every opportunity which is very encouraging.

Least he is trying. I was not impressed with few performances like many here(won't go back on that now)

I'm still in a happy place after weekend. Like I said yesterday hopefully this is the spark to push on and get Top 3 and who knows after that.

I apologise for using a word that the dictonary defines as "very foolish or stupid".

Scroll further down the page.

RGDATA! wrote: »
    The point was made that Fellaini was a better midfielder than Rooney, I was arguing that.

I wonder just how many people think Wayne Rooney is a better midfielder than Felliani? I'd put up a poll but I know that all the other clubs supporters would bust their sides laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If Rooney threw a tantrum in the morning and said hed only play centre mid from now on, id take him in that position over Fellaini, as well as the latter has been playing. I doubt that view would but hugely in the minority either

I wonder just how many people think Wayne Rooney is a better midfielder than Felliani? I'd put up a poll but I know that all the other clubs supporters would bust their sides laughing.

At least I've made an argument for it. I don't know if the majority would agree or not, that's really irrelevant. You haven't even made a case either way - for the sake of discussion, please feel free to do so rather than just hide behind snideness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

RGDATA! wrote: »
    At least I've made an argument for it. I don't know if the majority would agree or not, that's really irrelevant. You haven't even made a case either way - for the sake of discussion, please feel free to do so rather than just hide behind snideness.

If it's not relevant, it's an elephant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I for one also hate the moral outrage over a legitimate word that is contained in the dictionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love Rick and Morty.

A great show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's a difference between using the word innocently in a civil manner, and using it aggressively in a bid to attack a poster, not a post.

Regardless, move on now. No more discussion of mod warnings please. You know how to PM me for further discussion.

Too much anger!!

We won 3-0 at weekend.

We should be happy as pig in ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Too much anger!!

We won 3-0 at weekend.

We should be happy as pig in ****.

Guess beating Liverpool 3-0 just doesnt mean that much any more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Fuhrer wrote: »

Beating a midtable team 3-0? Sounds about standard to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Fuhrer wrote: »

But it was the way united cruised through it in first gear that we should celebrate. Imagine what score they could have got if full backs were available and the record signing wasn't crocked:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

But it was the way united cruised through it in first gear that we should celebrate. Imagine what score they could have got if full backs were available and the record signing wasn't crocked:cool:

The fullback replacements for that game played great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Go Mods!

what happened?

what happened?

I left one of my gowls off the leash

Edit: saw TSC, sketch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

United thump Liverpool, college exams finished and Christmas shopping done.

Nothing left to do now only sit back and get reaquainted with my dear friend, Sky Sports.

For all the good it might do the players, I wouldn't give up Christmas football for anything.

Chagan wrote: »
    United thump Liverpool, college exams finished and Christmas shopping done.

Nothing left to do now only sit back and get reaquainted with my dear friend, Sky Sports.

For all the good it might do the players, I wouldn't give up Christmas football for anything.

Finished work on Thursday. Binge on football and darts for the following 2 weeks :)

2 weeks!!!????

I barely get 2 days!

Boooooo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Arent Utd on BT on Stephens Day?

Not that any excuse is needed for pints on Stephens Day but that is very handy indeed :D

2 weeks!!!????

I barely get 2 days!

Boooooo!!!!!

I'm only back from a week off too :pac:
    I always make sure I've got a decent stretch off at Christmas.

Arent Utd on BT on Stephens Day?

Not that any excuse is needed for pints on Stephens Day but that is very handy indeed :D

Ya its on BT sports which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ya its on BT sports which is great.

Bit of Rugby on after then Munster V Leinster

Great day of drinking lies ahead :D

I'm only back from a week off too :pac:
    I always make sure I've got a decent stretch off at Christmas.

Lucky fecker :)

I'm off for Christmas day till Monday and New Years day.

I can't complain I guess its more then some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

i never said he was a midfielder, but i did say he was better in midfield than any of our midfielders apart from carrick.

to say honestly that fellaini is better in midfield than rooney is laughable to be honest.

fnvb6wh.jpg

We used to be way more fashionable

• Advertisement

You were never fashionable gowl.

Sure thats me on the right.

No one knew who I was until I put on the tie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So, do we think we will sign anyone in January?

Leaving aside silly suggestions, who would you guys pick if we were to sign only one or who would be realistically attainable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Leaving aside silly suggestions, who would you guys pick if we were to sign only one or who would be realistically attainable?

Sterling is having contract issues, isn't he? He'd be a handy back-up option for the wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

No. Money looks to have been spent in the summer.

Fabian Schar is into the last six months of his contract at Basel and is refusing to sign a new one. Schar in, Evans out looks like great business to me, even if Evans is only shifted on in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sterling is having contract issues, isn't he? He'd be a handy back-up option for the wings.

we DO NOT buy anyone from them

No. Money looks to have been spent in the summer.

Fabian Schar is into the last six months of his contract at Basel and is refusing to sign a new one. Schar in, Evans out looks like great business to me, even if Evans is only shifted on in the summer.

Ya, and?

You basing this on what someone told the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

J. Marston wrote: »

Oh great, another winger with pace and no crossing ability and ****s himself in 1 on 1's, just what we need:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Ya, and?

You basing this on what someone told the public?
    Woodward has consistently briefed the press that there likely won't be spending in January. The recent float of shares said that there's going to be in the region of £100M of capital investment in the team over the next twelve months, that's a transfer budget to you and me. I'm putting what I think is two and two together.

• Advertisement

Woodward has consistently briefed the press that there likely won't be spending in January. The recent float of shares said that there's going to be in the region of £100M of capital investment in the team over the next twelve months, that's a transfer budget to you and me. I'm putting what I think is two and two together.

ah. See I dont believe what the higher ups tell the press

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement