Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BEnvbikCAAEQg7e.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Apparently United have the loudest travelling support.
    Linky Poo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I mean there is one Irish rugby player who has all the hallmarks of steroid abuser.

Who?

Yeah here I give you the name of someone who is cheating in their job based on no legal grounds or hard evidence. That should be ok to do.

Sarcasm really is overused here. Ye'r so focused on facts yet come out with crap like saying something that doesn't mean anything in essence.

I think a player from Man Utd has all the hallmarks of being a coke head.

How about who the f*ck cares?

That can be said for any post on here. You have lost the argument, give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So Falcao has said he wants to stay at United, but he must be playing given his age, or else he will have to look elsewhere. Says he is near 100% fit.

I think Van Gaal has been holding him back to give him time to make sure nothing is being rushed with his initial injury then the calf injury.
    I bet deep down LVG is excited knowing he has this top striker to unleash and coming into a busy time when players will be needed to be rested - we have two games in under 48 hours...

I really hope we see the Falcao we all know and love, always wanted him at United so just hope it works out for everyone.

Falcao could be the player to get us those extra goals to really challenge for the title.

Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao, Mata, Di Maria, just look at that quality, you would have to believe.

You want to know what rugby player he's talking about, you're not getting the answer, looks like you lost :pac:

Pretty sure he's talking about *Mod Snip*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

RobertKK wrote: »
    So Falcao has said he wants to stay at United, but he must be playing given his age, or else he will have to look elsewhere. Says he is near 100% fit.

I think Van Gaal has been holding him back to give him time to make sure nothing is being rushed with his initial injury then the calf injury.
    I bet deep down LVG is excited knowing he has this top striker to unleash and coming into a busy time when players will be needed to be rested - we have two games in under 48 hours...

I really hope we see the Falcao we all know and love, always wanted him at United so just hope it works out for everyone.

Falcao could be the player to get us those extra goals to really challenge for the title.

Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao, Mata, Di Maria, just look at that quality, you would have to believe.

If we're still starting with midfielders and youth team players in defence then you really wouldn't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Gits_bone wrote: »
    You couldn't bring me to court, I didn't accuse anyone of taking drugs.

You just insinuated *Mod Snip* did drugs?

Anyway. Will di Maria and falcao e for villa?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Im forgetting about titles challenges this year. Its too premature. I would take where we are right now without a 2nd thought.

Last year was an anomaly. It's going to be sweet to be back sitting in our rightful place at the top table of football next year :)

Hopefully Di Maria is back for the Villa game on Saturday. I really want to see Falcao and him get a few games together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Quandary wrote: »
    Im forgetting about titles challenges this year. Its too premature. I would take where we are right now without a 2nd thought.

Last year was an anomaly. It's going to be sweet to be back sitting in our rightful place at the top table of football next year :)

Hopefully Di Maria is back for the Villa game on Saturday. I really want to see Falcao and him get a few games together.

Same here - I do think we have the bones of an excellent side, but our defence (and injuries to defence) will hold us back, along with the lack of a top class CM with presence (Strootman/Vidal)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm going delete a few posts, less of the " Oh I think X is steriods" posts.

We have a doping thread within the soccer forum if you want to discuss such actions but no labelling people steriod users, especailly those with clean pasts.

If we're still starting with midfielders and youth team players in defence then you really wouldn't...

We will buy in January if possible to strengthen weak areas.

In a 4-3-3, more like a 4-1-2-1-2
    Fellaini.---Carrick---Di Maria
    RVP/Rooney/Falcao---Rooney/Mata--RVP/Rooney/Falcao

We have a great goalkeeper, I will go with one defender to be bought next month.
    There is the saying that the best form of defense is to attack or something like that.
    We don't have a great defense apart from our goalkeeper, but I don't think we would like to be playing a team who had our attacking options and ability.

We will buy in January if possible to strengthen weak areas.

In a 4-3-3, more like a 4-1-2-1-2
    Fellaini.---Carrick---Di Maria
    RVP/Rooney/Falcao---Rooney/Mata--RVP/Rooney/Falcao

We have a great goalkeeper, I will go with one defender to be bought next month.
    There is the saying that the best form of defense is to attack or something like that.
    We don't have a great defense apart from our goalkeeper, but I don't think we would like to be playing a team who had our attacking options and ability.

They are great options and all but as long as you are starting with such inexperience in defence then that will show right through the team.

Roy Keane left Aston Villa to save us from TC23 returning.

Going Galactico and to have TC23 return would be 'not good', to put it nicely.

They are great options and all but as long as you are starting with such inexperience in defence then that will show right through the team.

But you could argue the sheer strength of the attack is greater than the weakness of the defense and that is why we are winning games combining crucially with the world class goalkeeper, whom the players say gives them confidence, but whom they need to make life a bit easier for in future games.

The results kind of reminds me of of the 2012/2013 season, where we leaked goals but with RVP in great form, we simply outscored the opposition.
    We have much better attacking options than that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

How did that work out for Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Same here - I do think we have the bones of an excellent side, but our defence (and injuries to defence) will hold us back, along with the lack of a top class CM with presence (Strootman/Vidal)

When I think of the drivel United have fielded over the last few seasons to 'cover' for certain roles I now look at the current side and know the club is going in the right direction. Two quality Centre Backs and a top class CM and the club can compete with anyone. Squad numbers are still very high but by the end of this season I see a few players being moved on and contracts expiring.
    Roy Keane left Aston Villa to save us from TC23 returning.

Going Galactico and to have TC23 return would be 'not good', to put it nicely.

He has the rest of the season left on his current contract so won't be coming back thank fcuk. Its just a pity Everton fcuked United up by scuppering any transfer fee the club would have received from selling rather than loaning him. I am sure Villa will come to some agreement in January but it won't be the £5.5M agreed in the Summer.

But you could argue the sheer strength of the attack is greater than the weakness of the defense and that is why we are winning games combining crucially with the world class goalkeeper, whom the players say gives them confidence, but whom they need to make life a bit easier for in future games.

The results kind of reminds me of of the 2012/2013 season, where we leaked goals but with RVP in great form, we simply outscored the opposition.
    We have much better attacking options than that season.

But we had a solid defence that season. If you are playing wingers and youth team players in defence it's going to affect the game of your midfielders and in turn your forwards. The whole team is deeper. There's not enough pace in the frontline for it to work well.

• Advertisement

But we had a solid defence that season. If you are playing wingers and youth team players in defence it's going to affect the game of your midfielders and in turn your forwards. The whole team is deeper. There's not enough pace in the frontline for it to work well.

I would question a solid defense.

13 clean sheets out of 38 games for the 2012/2013 season in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Apparently United have the loudest travelling support.
    Linky Poo

if any of you ever get the chance, you should go to an away game - its an amazing experience. the noise that our fans make is unreal, even the Southampton game last monday week was sensational and it was a cold monday night with some fans driving 5+ hours from manchester to get there.

despite alot of s*ite results over the past 18 months, our away support has actually got better and better and in fairness, the home support too.

I would question a solid defense.

13 clean sheets out of 38 games for the 2012/2013 season in the league.

Experienced then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

if any of you ever get the chance, you should go to an away game - its an amazing experience. the noise that our fans make is unreal, even the Southampton game last monday week was sensational and it was a cold monday night with some fans driving 5+ hours from manchester to get there.

despite alot of s*ite results over the past 18 months, our away support has actually got better and better and in fairness, the home support too.
    Was at United v liverpool at anfield 2 years ago! Non stop singing and chanting was excellent!!

How did that work out for Liverpool?

They bought poorly and pay Glen Johnson more than Raheem Sterling...

They bought poorly and pay Glen Johnson more than Raheem Sterling...

Being paid more than someone dosent really have any bearing on who is better.

You definelty win most optimistic poster

• Advertisement

Experienced then.

Maybe but then for the first 16 games we had 3 clean sheets, at the moment we have 5.

2012/2013 first 16 games scored 40, conceded 23
    2014/2015 first 16 games scored 29, conceded 17

We are defensively better than 2 years ago but we need to score more goals.

Being paid more than someone dosent really have any bearing on who is better.

You definelty win most optimistic poster

I just had to get that thing in about Glen Johnson, it was discussed on off the ball the other night.

Yes, I rather be optimistic, there are enough people here to balance me out :pac:

Maybe but then for the first 16 games we had 3 clean sheets, at the moment we have 5.

2012/2013 first 16 games scored 40, conceded 23
    2014/2015 first 16 games scored 29, conceded 17

We are defensively better than 2 years ago but we need to score more goals.

My point was more to do with how an inexperienced defence affects the rest of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Quick question folks, after supporting United from afar for nearly 25 years, it's finally time to get my fat arse over for a game.

Any advise on getting tickets etc? I know plenty of the travel agents do deals and stuff but I was going to make a weekend of it so I'd rather sort my own travel and accommodation.

Just need to get hold of a ticket.

My point was more to do with how an inexperienced defence affects the rest of the team.

I agree with you, I think it is reflected in goals scored. Team as a whole working harder to defend and this is reflected in goals scored.

• Advertisement

I just had to get that thing in about Glen Johnson, it was discussed on off the ball the other night.

Yes, I rather be optimistic, there are enough people here to balance me out :pac:

But obviously a 28 year old experienced player will get more than a 20 year old. It's just a stick to beat players with, like Rooney and his wages. It's not really a parameter to judge players against each other.

You go glen co co you go. Let the haterz hate hate hate hate hate hate

But obviously a 28 year old experienced player will get more than a 20 year old. It's just a stick to beat players with, like Rooney and his wages. It's not really a parameter to judge players against each other.

You go glen co co you go. Let the haterz hate hate hate hate hate hate

:pac: at last sentence.

That is what they argued on off the ball, but to keep him they may have to pay him more given who is most important to the team.

Rooney has shown he gives his all and does make things happen for United and is on his way to be a record breaker.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Quick question folks, after supporting United from afar for nearly 25 years, it's finally time to get my fat arse over for a game.

Any advise on getting tickets etc? I know plenty of the travel agents do deals and stuff but I was going to make a weekend of it so I'd rather sort my own travel and accommodation.

Just need to get hold of a ticket.

There's a dedicated ticket thread on boards and also a few lads here are season ticket holders so they might PM you. Few things too bear in mind, for first time games your only likely too get a game V Stoke or someone similar, all games V City Chelsea or Arsenal the ticket holders will be going too already or else their regular customers will have them booked. Prob best too fly Friday night - Monday if possible Incase Sky move the game (just too be safe first time around). Arrange with the ticket owner how you return the tickets as I've heard of felas chancing their arms in the stands saying they are collecting the season tickets when they spot newbies. If you want the best atmosphere then nothing beats the Stretford end imo but don't expect too sit down at any stage!

Thanks, posted over there.

Not aiming for a big game or anything, I'd nearly prefer a smaller team in the hope that we stuff them. I'd be gutted to get to my first game at OT and they get beat!

Leicester or Sunderland are my options I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Not aiming for a big game or anything, I'd nearly prefer a smaller team in the hope that we stuff them. I'd be gutted to get to my first game at OT and they get beat!

Let us know what game your going to, so we have the excuse lined up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

He has the rest of the season left on his current contract so won't be coming back thank fcuk. Its just a pity Everton fcuked United up by scuppering any transfer fee the club would have received from selling rather than loaning him. I am sure Villa will come to some agreement in January but it won't be the £5.5M agreed in the Summer.

I assume Real Sociedad will also be in for TC23, so hopefully fuel a mini bidding war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

I'm bringing the young lad to his first game against Newcastle on Stephen's day. Seats are right behind the goal pitch side in the Stretford End, couldn't be better... Haven't been over to a game since the kids arrived so really looking forward to it.

Early flight into Manchester and last flight out. Will have to head straight to the airport, any suggestions on the best way to get there after the game? Thinking taxi is probably my best bet, anyone know a good spot to get one near the stadium and would you need to pre-order?

cdb wrote: »
    I'm bringing the young lad to his first game against Newcastle on Stephen's day. Seats are right behind the goal pitch side in the Stretford End, couldn't be better... Haven't been over to a game since the kids arrived so really looking forward to it.

Early flight into Manchester and last flight out. Will have to head straight to the airport, any suggestions on the best way to get there after the game? Thinking taxi is probably my best bet, anyone know a good spot to get one near the stadium and would you need to pre-order?

That be my advice, get a taxi from Manchester out too Salford early on and try and arrange with the guy dropping you off too meet you down on the road off sir Matt way is how we normally do it tho we're going back too liverpool too go out rather then the airport,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Could get the metrolink to and from OT, then go from the main station to the airport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah I remember my first game at OT...against Leicester...a 0-1 scoreline :(

Damn you Martin O'Neill, Tony Cottee and Neil Lennon!

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »

So....

Sunderland it is then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That be my advice, get a taxi from Manchester out too Salford early on and try and arrange with the guy dropping you off too meet you down on the road off sir Matt way is how we normally do it tho we're going back too liverpool too go out rather then the airport,

Leaving from Liverpool or to go out on the lash?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Liam O wrote: »

Damn you Martin O'Neill, Tony Cottee and Neil Lennon!
    I know your pain. I've went to 3 football matches in my life. The first was a 1-1 draw to Barnsley in 1997 and the 1-4 loss to Liverpool both at home. I recently went to the Nou Camp to see Barca and they lost 0-1 at home to Celta Vigo. It was the first time they lost at home all year and the first time they failed to score in 56 games at home.

I'm ****ing cursed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Miguel Delaney saying we could sign Strootman in Jan for 30m and another player may come in

Miguel Delaney saying we could sign Strootman in Jan for 30m and another player may come in

Really sticking his neck out there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Strootman and a solid centre half would put our squad in a very healthy state!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

If I remember right Delaney called a lot of the Summer transfers right before a lot of others did.

We do need a midfielder and a defender.

I think the good form of Dave has saved us about a million points. If e had been injured, lvg would be finding himself in a sticky spot.

De gea is doing what rvp did for fergie, papering over the cracks and winning games we should be drawing or losing.

Dayum wrote: »
    Leaving from Liverpool or to go out on the lash?

Fly too and from lpool and go out in lpool just travel up n back the day of the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool is great spot to go out.

Cheap drink and good craic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement