Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Dayum wrote: »
    He's a joke of a player that shouldn't be anywhere near a United jersey.

hahahahahahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Oh lawd the bitterness off of Dayum!

tumblr_llz63n76nU1qii6tmo1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

is the game tomorrow on setanta sports???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Britton and Carrick are absolute dirt.

A stray dog wondering onto the pitch would beat Michael Carrick.

Yeah completely agree, absolute fluke our defense has all of a sudden looked far better and has been conceding way less goals pretty much perfectly in line with Carrick returning from injury. What we really need is a Lee Cattermole. Crunching tackles, ooh-err.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

is the game tomorrow on setanta sports???

yuuuuuuuuup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

He's a joke of a player that shouldn't be anywhere near a United jersey.

Well past it.

Think that proves my is under rated by opposition fans bit.

Why is he a joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBfi64l2CcAEYLFO.jpg

Hahaha a meme to prove a point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Christ, the last two or three pages have been utter fúcking trash.

It's Christmas and we've got the league wrapped up. Everyone cheer up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Pro. F wrote: »
    You did try to make the argument that English managers/teams are good at judging central midfielders. I dispute that argument.

I wasn't watching Britton then so I can't say either way. What I can say is that since Britton has been in the PL he has been the best DM in the league every season.

I've always found your posts funny just because how ridiculously arrogant you are even when you are completely wrong. I wondered to myself what you could ever have done in your life to make you think your opinion on football matters is so superior to others. You have even argued in the past that some of the top managers in the world or top players in the world don't know what they are doing but you some how do. Then you posted this one day:
    Pro. F wrote:
    This is all I have done:
    - Watched a lot of football, both in the flesh and on TV
    - Played a little bit of football
    - Read four or five coaching/tacitcs books
    - Watched about three or four good coaching videos and a lot of shorter and/or lower quality ones
    - Read a few autobiographies
    - Read a lot of websites of widely varying quality
    - Spent a lot of my time talking and thinking about football on here over the last five years or so

Its actually cringeworthy. The average footballer and manager will be exposed to more knowledge of the game in a week than you will get in your whole lifetime.

Its possible that in your own little world, with your own ideal way of playing football, where the defensive midfield just passes the ball 5 yards as quickly as possible that Britton could be the best defensive midfielder in the premier league but in the real world where managers are picking a team of players to try win as many points as possible Carrick is going to be picked ahead of Britton all day long! Do you think Carrick would be on the bench for Swansea because of Britton? :o

And before you say it, I don't always think i'm right about football opinions either, but I rarely disagree with managers decisions because I can see what they are thinking. Obviously managers make mistakes too but you've got to think they made what they thought was the best decision at the time with the information they had. The top managers are the ones who make the most right decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBfi64l2CcAEYLFO.jpg

IrishIrish wrote: »
    And before you say it, I don't always think i'm right about football opinions either, but I rarely disagree with managers decisions because I can see what they are thinking. Obviously managers make mistakes too but you've got to think they made what they thought was the best decision at the time with the information they had. The top managers are the ones who make the most right decisions.

Can you see what Brenden Rodgers is thinking?!

He's gone AWOL.

thelad95 wrote: »

I could show you how amazing Titus Bramble is with videos....

It proves f*ck clean all.

Well at least it's better than trying to prove it with a 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' meme.

All you've shown is a meme to "prove" your point.

• Advertisement

Well at least it's better than trying to prove it with a 'Who wants to be a millionaire?' meme.

The meme tells some cold hard truths.

When Carrick did the AMA on Twitter he was completely ostracised and rightly so.

Yeah by ignorant football fans.

When Carrick did the AMA on Twitter he was completely ostracised and rightly so.

Lol so trolls on twitter = definitive proof of Carrick's worth? I'd rather take the word of other professionals and managers who have always rated Carrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

You love your Friday nights don't you, no school in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Carrick is an infinitely better midfielder than Britton. Jesus ****ing wept

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Lol so trolls on twitter = definitive proof of Carrick's worth? I'd rather take the word of other professionals and managers who have always rated Carrick.

Yeah, his wife certainly rates him...

He needed her to defend him when those Twitter bullies were giving poor old Michael a hard time.

You love your Friday nights don't you, no school in the morning.

Actually, I'm just about to head out on the lash so this will probably be my last post but I'll see you gents tomorrow.

Just jog on, if you are coming in here to have a decent debate about a player, meme's and "wot I sed on twitter" won't cut it.

carrick_kisses_the_trophy1.jpg

Yeah, his wife certainly rates him...

He needed her to defend him when those Twitter bullies were giving poor old Michael a hard time.

I'd imagine Michael earns in an hour what most of those trolls get off the dole in a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Titus Bramble wasn't a set in stone starter for a team that got to 3 CL finals winning one of them and won 5 of 7 Premier League titles (losing out of the other two by a single point and goal difference), built around the strength of their defense of which he was an important part. He also wasn't ever voted the best in his position in the league, unlike Carrick.

TLDR...

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

hahahahahahahahahaha so twitter trolls know all!!!!

id say if the Brazilian Ronaldo did AMA on twitter, people would come on to slag him about being fat etc bla bla suppose that is enough prove for you to know if a player is good or not

Pro F, in the last few days now you have said Britton is better than carrick and man uniteds team would "score more goals" if they dropped van persie!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Carrick is our new vice captain.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Carrick is our new vice captain.

What happened to Fletcher? :eek:

yea not surprised really carrick is the vice captain, further proof of how big a player he is for United how highly he is regarded. If only we had Leon Britton now at united we would be complete :p

• Advertisement

Post us a meme of you drinking dayum.

in fairness and fletch agrees he is not playing enough and carrick has been superb

Someone made a meme of him. Had to step down due to it's accuracy.

I think this could be Fletchers last season for United. I'd like to see him finish his career with regular first team football but he probably isn't able for premier league level anymore, not ability wise but fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think this could be Fletchers last season for United. I'd like to see him finish his career with regular first team football but he probably isn't able for premier league level anymore, not ability wise but fitness.

Agree.

Good player on his day.

I'm a fan, but sadly his health is catching up with him. The fact he returned at all shows the character in the man and he should be applauded and not put down for it.

Agree.

Good player on his day.

I'm a fan, but sadly his health is catching up with him. The fact he returned at all shows the character in the man and he should be applauded and not put down for it.

They sound like the same kind of people who would troll Michael Carrick...

Someone made a meme of him. Had to step down due to it's accuracy.

I suspect there'll be a strongly worded response from his wife?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Leon Britton better than Michael Carrick..Jesus H.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

You did try to make the argument that English managers/teams are good at judging central midfielders. I dispute that argument.

I wasn't watching Britton then so I can't say either way. What I can say is that since Britton has been in the PL he has been the best DM in the league every season.

You're seeing things dude. Never once made that argument. And the fact you're trying to make it into that - I'm just going to leave it because you're clearly trying to win a losing argument.

• Advertisement

Agree.

Good player on his day.

Worst part was that before his illness he was starting to boss it for us in midfield. Remember seeing him against City when Tevez scored that goal before he left an Fletcher was immense in the middle of the park that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

You're seeing things dude. Never once made that argument. And the fact you're trying to make it into that - I'm just going to leave it because you're clearly trying to win a losing argument.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tbWzxJfd0

Here's Roy Keane's opinion, he knows a thing or two about midfield play for United...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Carrick 5 league titles, 1 champions league and 31 caps for England,

Leon Britton 2 caps under 16 for England.

I don't know if Carricks agent shout be knighted or Britton's agent shot considering Britton's superiority.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tbWzxJfd0

Here's Roy Keane's opinion, he knows a thing or two about midfield play for United...

Calls his interview and performance flat.

Hardly an opinion on his football ability.

Anyways, Villa tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Calls his interview and performance flat.

Hardly an opinion on his football ability.

Anyways, Villa tomorrow.
    In fairness last season we were terrible and Roy Keane is right, it was flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Actually, I'm just about to head out on the lash so this will probably be my last post but I'll see you gents tomorrow.

Careful not to cut yourself on all that edge you edgy mother****er.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

bangkok wrote: »
    so your argument is based on the england international team getting beaten in a world cup match or whatever at the same time while Leon Britton is off on his summer holidays as he is not good enough to get a single england cap?

My argument is that he was good enough to play for England. In fact, I say that he was much better than the CMs that were selected ahead of him.

Small technical midfielders are almost universally ignored in England. English teams are nearly always out-passed by any decent opposition they meet. Those two facts are linked imo.
    when wigan bid 750k for him, do you not think Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger or Jose Mourinho would not have bid 1m if he was as good as you say he is?!

Alex Fergusen was one of the best managers ever, but he was not infallible. He admits himself that he never had as much success in Europe as he should have. There must have been a reason for that. I put forward that his blind-spot for the importance of having a DM who could keep possession moving in the right areas even when under pressure is the thing that held him back in Europe.

Arsene Wenger has proven beyond doubt that he is shíte at picking DMs. His team hasn't had a proper one for years.

Jose Mourinho generally plays a defensive style of football when the chips are down and so tends to favour a more workmanlike DM.
    even one of the lower teams in the league, west ham, everton or villa?! why werent they interested, why did he go to sheff utd... i will tell you, because he is nowhere near the standard of Michael Carrick.

I've already told you. I don't believe that Engilsh teams/managers are good at judging central midfielders. The fact that English teams so regularly get out-passed by foreign opposition supports that case. So I don't view the workings of the English transfer market to be a good indicator of quality in central midfielders.
    Pro F, in the last few days now you have said Britton is better than carrick and man uniteds team would "score more goals" if they dropped van persie!!!:eek:

There is nothing controversial about saying that Rooney and Mata playing together ahead of a balanced midfield might score more goals than having all of Rooney, RVP and Mata/Falcao stuffed into the same team. Of do you deny that balance of the team and complimentary partnerships are essential to a functioning attack?

You are holding the fact that Britton never got signed for a big team as evidence that he is not as good as Carrick. A logical conclusion of that argument is that the big teams always sign the best players. When it comes to big English teams and central midfielders, I disagree.

I'm not trying to make the discussion about something that it isn't, I just disagree with one of the assumptions that your argument is based on.

Reports that fellani is out, wonder how the midfield will shape up now tomorrow.
    Rojo is also out, rafael is available

IrishIrish wrote: »
    I've always found your posts funny just because how ridiculously arrogant you are even when you are completely wrong. I wondered to myself what you could ever have done in your life to make you think your opinion on football matters is so superior to others. You have even argued in the past that some of the top managers in the world or top players in the world don't know what they are doing but you some how do. Then you posted this one day:

1: Its actually cringeworthy. The average footballer and manager will be exposed to more knowledge of the game in a week than you will get in your whole lifetime.

Its possible that in your own little world, with your own ideal way of playing football, where the defensive midfield just passes the ball 5 yards as quickly as possible that Britton could be the best defensive midfielder in the premier league but in the real world where managers are picking a team of players to try win as many points as possible Carrick is going to be picked ahead of Britton all day long! Do you think Carrick would be on the bench for Swansea because of Britton? :o

And before you say it, I don't always think i'm right about football opinions either, 2: but I rarely disagree with managers decisions because I can see what they are thinking. Obviously managers make mistakes too but you've got to think they made what they thought was the best decision at the time with the information they had. The top managers are the ones who make the most right decisions.

1: Mock me all you want, I think it's perfectly reasonable to be willing to form your own opinion on the subject that you spend so much of your spare time watching, studying and discussing.

Any week you turn on the telly you can see plenty of former or current professional players doing punditry and showing themselves to be fairly clueless about the game. They are exposed to it, but that doesn't mean they understand it, and blindly swallowing the opinions that the pros form just because they are pros is naive.

2: If you rarely disagree with manages' opinions then you must not have any opinion of your own on which styles of football are more effective, because there are lots of different styles of football and the managers make decisions based on the style they follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

1: Mock me all you want, I think it's perfectly reasonable to be willing to form your own opinion on the subject that you spend so much of your spare time watching, studying and discussing.

How's Cleverley going at Villa

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement