Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is this falcao's first start?

Didn't he start against Leicester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm sure Falcao has started before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It's his 4th start.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wonder if Vlaar will be bought in January, LVG spoke about what an important player he was for him at the world cup.
    From what I read in the Aston Villa thread, his contract ends at the end of this season and he isn't signing another contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Johner wrote: »
    It's his 4th start.

You sure? I was sure he only started one.

Edit: You're right. Leicester, West Ham and Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

You sure? I was sure he only started one.

Leicester, West Ham and Everton according to Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1523520_767674889936075_4172788682182552559_o.jpg

Johner wrote: »
    Leicester, West Ham and Everton according to Twitter.

Yeah, just edited there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Pro. F wrote: »
    The logical thinker in me sees 150 years of English teams being out-passed by foreign opposition while also favouring certain attributes in their players far more than other nations do, and so I realise there is a connection between the two.

When Arsene came to England first he favoured midfields that were hugely physical and athletic (on top of being skilful), his obsession with small technical players came later. And it's not as if they just let Britton go, he was sold for a record fee for his age. And anyway, I'm not talking about the player of sixteen years ago, I didn't see him then, for all I know he was a late developer.

What a sweeping generalisation, a completely false and wrong generalisation.

UTD and other English teams have outplayed and outpassed many of Europes top teams on many occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'll take joy in the fact that after that 45 minutes, Evans is finished at United.

Good fúcking riddance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

No he's not, you have a big baby meltdown every time we concede, it's embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can we abandon 5 at the back yet, this is awful again

Blackett/McNair for Fletcher and Di Maria for Mata with Carrick going into midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

What a sweeping generalisation, a completely false and wrong generalisation.

UTD and other English teams have outplayed and outpassed many of Europes top teams on many occasions.

There are a few exceptions obviously, but not many.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'll take joy in the fact that after that 45 minutes, Evans is finished at United.

Good fúcking riddance.

I'm not a big fan of Evans's, but lol at the overreaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Evans your job is to defend.......

Im so ****ing happy for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Have 30 on utd to win at 3-1, toasted sandwiches in costellos for everyone if they win

5 at the back should be dead and buried now

We should go on and win this, Di Maria on please

Young has Lowton in his pocket all day here, more down the left will pay off for us.

• Advertisement

That was harsh...

C'mon lads finish this off now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Draw against a ten man villa team is very disappointing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

He failed to beat Villa, LVG out.

I really hate our defence. I dont want any of them to be in our 1st team next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Young was dangerous all game shdnt have switched him, a few poor decisions today.

Criminal how few chances there was today considering the attacking lineup, Young's crossing is pathetic. One good one in 10 is about right for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

i'm really getting tired of our defence and when LVG puts it into a 3 or a 5 it really gets on my nerves. I don't see why he doesn't just stick with a 4 at the back as everyone is comfortable with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

That was a load of ****e.

Only positive is that we are still unbeaten in 7 games, LVG made a mistake starting Fletcher

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't know why he persists with Wilson, he's done sweet fa to show he can have any impact on a game.

Also continue to go down the right with young when di Maria is standing on his tod on the left is infuriating.

• Advertisement

Van Gaal ultimately costing us two points today, the starting formation was completely wrong

Bringing Wilson on where he did wasn't necessary

Bound to drop points eventually, very lucky there in the last few seconds not to be beaten.

Delighted for Falcao, great to see Di Maria get minutes, but this was not a good team performance and the worst defensive performance in a good while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Switching young when he was tearing them apart? Starting Fletcher? Taking RVP off when we needed goals? Playing Rooney too deep? Starting Carrick in defense? Keeping Mata on the pitch?

Some baffling decisions today for LVG

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Poor result, but sure we knew there were still problems with how the team are playing. Hopefully this spurs LVG into looking at how he's building this attack.

For all my hopes of how Young would do on the right side, he was poor when he got the shot.

Criminal how few chances there was today considering the attacking lineup, Young's crossing is pathetic. One good one in 10 is about right for him.

When he was on the left he was excellent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Nolars wrote: »
    Young was dangerous all game shdnt have switched him, a few poor decisions today.

His crossing was atrocious once he went to the right, kept floating in high balls and Guzan was catching them for fun.

I thought Di Maria's selfish attempts were frustrating too.

• Advertisement

In the second half we where actually good, he shd of swapped mata with Di maria and kept on rvp and we probably woulda won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

We were desperately missing someone like Herrera or Blind today. Also I think we would have been better off with Di Maria on the right and Young on the left, with both cutting in when needed. Di Maria was pretty much non existent out wide hugging the touch line.

3 points an absolute must now against Newcastle at OT.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    When he was on the left he was excellent.

He overhit a few from there too, it's always been the same. Back post with almost everything, even if there's nobody there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

We are only going to go back to four in defence when Rafael and Shaw have returned IMO. The sooner the better too. We need to get in more full backs or at least one who can cover both sides. Taylor from Swansea would be a good backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Fletcher should never have started. His appearances from the bench this season showed he wasn't up to it, baffling decision.

Strange sub to bring Wilson on. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing, looked a bit lost at times.

Blackett was very good when he came on IMO, very composed and solid.

Evans had a dreadful game. He was weak on the goal and nearly cost us at the death with a pass to a Villa player on the edge of our box. It was shocking stuff from him.

The referee was having a laugh by only adding on 3 mins at the end. The stoppage after the sending off nearly last 3 mins on it's own ffs. Weak refereeing trying to appease the home fans after the red card.

• Advertisement

He overhit a few from there too, it's always been the same. Back post with almost everything, even if there's nobody there.

In fairness to Young he was very dangerous from the left, sent in some lovely crosses especially in the first half and done extremely well for the goal. He in my opinion was man of the match.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It is illogical to have Rooney, Mata, Di Maria, Falcao and RVP on the pitch and our main form of attack is lumping it into the box

We are better off signing Downing and Caroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Blatter wrote: »
    Fletcher should never have started. His appearances from the bench this season showed he wasn't up to it, baffling decision.

Strange sub to bring Wilson on. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to be doing, looked a bit lost at times.

Blackett was very good when he came on IMO, very composed and solid.

Evans had a dreadful game. He was weak on the goal and nearly cost us at the death with a pass to a Villa player on the edge of our box. It was shocking stuff from him.

The referee was having a laugh by only adding on 3 mins at the end. The stoppage after the sending off nearly last 3 mins on it's own ffs. Weak refereeing trying to appease the home fans after the red card.

And their fans kept the ball for around 2 mins during that run of corners.

Mason is an appalling ref anyway. I'd have been spitting if he had sent a United player off for that but he should have booked Agbonlahor and Delph way earlier.

On the plus side Falcao got 90 minutes. Fletcher is done and we need to sign a midfielder and defender in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So many mistakes today.

3-5-2 is just pathetic, at least for United. It never works and performances vs Arsenal, Liveprool, Southampton proved it and still Van Gaal persists with it. It's just baffling.

Fletcher is done. He couldn't cope with teams when he was on at 80th min mark against tired players. Starting him was a big mistake.

Evans has declined so much. I was a big fan of his few years ago but now he is not good enough to play for United. He is weak in the air, physically not strong enough.

Mata playing 90 mins was a joke. He was never in the game. Di Maria should have been on for Mata leaving RVP on the pitch.

Wilson sub just killed whatever chances we were creating as Young was moved to right. He was having very good game as LB.

3 mins added time was a joke. Young was injured for so long, Villa fans kept ball for around a min, Guzan was rolling on the ground since red card.

Van Gaal got the team wrong, subs wrong. 3-5-2 is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

LVG not happy with the team not being effective enough with the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

And their fans kept the ball for around 2 mins during that run of corners.

Mason is an appalling ref anyway. I'd have been spitting if he had sent a United player off for that but he should have booked Agbonlahor and Delph way earlier.

I had forgotten about that. What stopped me getting very annoyed with that was the fact I thought it had gone on so long it couldn't go unnoticed and that surely the time will be added on. How I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Poor today from most of our players. Van Gaal made too many changes in the team and we looked worse when villa went down to ten men.

3-5-2 needs to die. Young moved onto the right when he was doing well on the left and was left facing two villa players to take on. How did that happen? Moving to the diamond would have made more sense seeing as we were having some joy on the wings due to players being able to overlap.

Very disappointing today, could have easily lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I don't know why he persists with Wilson, he's done sweet fa to show he can have any impact on a game.

Also continue to go down the right with young when di Maria is standing on his tod on the left is infuriating.

Wilson is a very greedy player. He takes shots on when there are better options (Di Maria was also at the same silliness).

edgecutter wrote: »
    Wilson is a very greedy player. He takes shots on when there are better options (Di Maria was also at the same silliness).

He is not greedy, he is inexperienced while on the other hand Di Maria should of been passing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement