Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

He overhit a few from there too, it's always been the same. Back post with almost everything, even if there's nobody there.

There isn't a player who can cross the ball accurately every single time with their stronger foot, nevermind weaker foot like Young did today. Beckham was the only one who could do that.

Also Young delivered good crosses, it's not his mistake if both strikers make the same runs. Any wide player can just put the ball in the dangerous area and hope for striker to make run. Today his crossing was very good from left side.

He created chance for RVP which he scuffed, his cross to far post was almost a goal which Guzan saved, he assisted Falcao.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rooney frustrates me in midfield. Felt he likes to play massive passes out to the wings far too often, usually overlooking a closer pass or trying to go forward. Worse, the long passes out to Valencia are often intercepted sine they are in the air for so long so can be read easily, and if Valenica gets the ball...well, he's Valencia! If Rooney isn't up front, I'd rather he isn't playing.

Fletcher isn't cut out for top tier football anymore, and keeping him out of nostalgia is foolish.

Valencia was poor today, often just cutting back to anyone behind him, killing attacking chances, but then the entire team was very slow to move forward today.

Falcao scoring was great; hopefully he kicks on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Rooney frustrates me in midfield. Felt he likes to play massive passes out to the wings far too often, usually overlooking a closer pass or trying to go forward. Worse, the long passes out to Valencia are often intercepted sine they are in the air for so long so can be read easily, and if Valenica gets the ball...well, he's Valencia! If Rooney isn't up front, I'd rather he isn't playing.

Worth the watch for anyone who agree's re: The pointlessness of long diagonal balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Delighted for Falcao,his movement at times was excellent.It was a pity some of our other players weren't on the same wavelength.

B5T9LY1IgAE0s_j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Falcao has scored in the last two matches he has started,

We need someone like Vlaar and a top quality all round midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

We were missing Fellaini, Blind and Herrera today and as a result we were stuck playing Rooney and Fletcher in midfield.

Fletcher is not even good enough for a cameo role any more. That illness has taken too much out of him and I think he's pretty much done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Quandary wrote: »
    We were missing Fellaini, Blind and Herrera today and as a result we were stuck playing Rooney and Fletcher in midfield.

Or we could have played Carrick in midfield. Crazy idea, but it just might have worked!

Once again its hard not to feel that the points were dropped on the sideline, the line up and then the substitutions were just baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Or we could have played Carrick in midfield. Crazy idea, but it just might have worked!

Once again its hard not to feel that the points were dropped on the sideline, the line up and then the substitutions were just baffling.

Starting Fletcher in midfield was a terrible decision and I would hope LVG has learned his lesson and wont be making that mistake in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I hope we sign Falcao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If i was Utd id be looking at Okore rather than Vlaar. Yes Vlaar is cheap or free at the end of season but Okore is young and will improve. Apparently he turned down Chelsea as he wanted game time, good decision that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Blackett should have been left back the last few games and even Janko at RB. Defending won't improve until there are defenders there who will actually cover the opposing wingers and not leave a handicap situation in the middle. The PL is riddled with good attacking players, if you go man for man with them they'll get chances and make you pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Villa are my new Sunderland. By which I mean I now hate them for childish, petty reasons.

Those timewasting shenanigans got on my tits and I hope they go down, even though they won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

little disappointing but 19 from 21 points is very good.

More Falcao please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Saddest thing today was for all the money spent we still have to look at young and Valencia on the wings, Carrick in defense, Rooney having to play midfield and Evans in the team!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Feel for Fletch, I can see him retiring the end of the season.
    Hopefully LVG learns from his own errors and we kick on over Christmas.
    More more more of Falcao please, his movement is unreal just needs the proper service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

little disappointing but 19 from 21 points is very good.

More Falcao please

It is very good but without it being in any way comprehensive. I don't think the squad has adapted to van gaals "philosophy" and perhaps we don't have the players he needs. He won a CL with Ajax with great players and the system he wanted them to play - it was new then. But very hard to get seasoned players to adapt to that role and things have moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

kstand wrote: »
    It is very good but without it being in any way comprehensive. I don't think the squad has adapted to van gaals "philosophy" and perhaps we don't have the players he needs. He won a CL with Ajax with great players and the system he wanted them to play - it was new then. But very hard to get seasoned players to adapt to that role and things have moved on.

I'd wait until we have a fit squad. It's obvious he prefers 433 when everyone is fit and is trying to compensate for Young and Valencia starting by playing 3 CBs.

Sure he made a mistake with Fletcher starting but at least he realised and changed it at half time.

The squad is only a couple of players away from challenging for the league IMO. The injury crisis is scuppering any real chance for continuity to set in.
    Next season is going to be really exciting. Give me a CL place at the end of the season and I'd be a happy camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

RobertKK wrote: »
    I hope we sign Falcao.

Anybody else hear the recent football weekly podcast where they stated that Falcao and De Gea share the same agent. The insinuation was that if Real came in with a monster bid for De Gea, Falcao could be used as a bargaining tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Aidric wrote: »
    Anybody else hear the recent football weekly podcast where they stated that Falcao and De Gea share the same agent. The insinuation was that if Real came in with a monster bid for De Gea, Falcao could be used as a bargaining tool.

How?

Nobody today took a chance on the ball,it was always the safe pass and then a cross.Rooney played in one through ball but that was it.

Herrera is good at this and was missed today,a lot of our play was in front of Villa and out to the wings where Val turned back into his old self and either hit the defender with the ball or played it backwards or square.
    Young was decent but went out of the game when he switched sides.

Moyes was lambasted for this style of play last season and I'm sure LVG won't tolerate too much of it either.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Nobody today took a chance on the ball,it was always the safe pass and then a cross.Rooney played in one through ball but that was it.

Herrera is good at this and was missed today,a lot of our play was in front of Villa and out to the wings where Val turned back into his old self and either hit the defender with the ball or played it backwards or square.
    Young was decent but went out of the game when he switched sides.

Moyes was lambasted for this style of play last season and I'm sure LVG won't tolerate too much of it either.

It was absolute rubbish, a 10 man Villa should be hanging on for their dear lives with that attacking talent on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

How?

If we wanted to keep De Gea we would also have to sign Falcao on a permanent deal, despite his injury record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

If we wanted to keep De Gea we would also have to sign Falcao on a permanent deal, despite his injury record.

What??

It was absolute rubbish, a 10 man Villa should be hanging on for their dear lives with that attacking talent on the pitch.

Watching RVP & Falcao making runs and calling to be played in then seeing the ball going square or out wide was infuriating.

Are you sure you didn't pick that up wrong? De Gea is a United player and Falcao is contracted to Monaco, an agent can't call the shots there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Are you sure you didn't pick that up wrong? De Gea is a United player and Falcao is contracted to Monaco, an agent can't call the shots there.

It looks like he thinks agents have all the power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Only way that transfer works for the agent is saying that Falcao wont sign for Real if they give them De Gea. Dont think it'd work though as Falcao is the bigger fish financially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Falcao looks so good, think its only a matter of gametime before our players learn when to play him in

ceegee wrote: »
    Falcao looks so good, think its only a matter of gametime before our players learn when to play him in

Ya I thought he looked sharp and could easily have scored at least another had he got ball when he should.

So lucky to have a class act like him in squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Heres hoping for a clear run for Falcao now fitness wise, you just know that once the team and he adapt to each other it will rain goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just saw Dortmund lost again, surely we should go for Hummel's, I know they still have cl but cant see them winning it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Fletcher is done. He couldn't cope with teams when he was on at 80th min mark against tired players. Starting him was a big mistake.

The crucifixion of Fletcher in here is a bit harsh ,he was poor today but so were most of the team .

Fletcher was the defensive midfielder today and didn't do too badly ,Villa only had 2 chances in the first half ,a half in which Utd enjoyed huge possession but did nothing with it,that's hardly Fletchers fault .

What about the other players in midfield and up front today who were poor ?
    Mata was anonymous today ,Rooney was intent on playing long passes and sauntered around for most of the match and RVP and Falcao didnt do much up front.
    There was no interplay in the final third among the players ,it was insipid football ,just get it wide and cross it in .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I'll be pissed if the Herrera stuff is true!

Disappointing stuff today even more so when playing against 10 just not much happening at all. RVP off for Di Maria :confused: the f**k out me thought Mata was sure to come off if Di Maria or Adnan was coming on.

Oh that interview reminds me of African Nations next month.

Toure and co going. Don't think it will have huge impact or help us out in big way, but every little helps.

That's the first I heard about Herrera. If true, LVG is right. IF of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

Any updates on injuries???

macslash wrote: »
    Any updates on injuries???

Not heard anything myself.

90 main for Falcao was plus today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Oh that interview reminds me of African Nations next month.

Toure and co going. Don't think it will have huge impact or help us out in big way, but every little helps.

That's the first I heard about Herrera. If true, LVG is right. IF of course.

I got a stupid grin on my face when he mentioned the Yaya thing. Don't ask me why because after today's stuff I really shouldn't, yet the optimism in me won't go away. :cool: I love it!

Yeah only speculation at this point, I wouldn't take Herrera to be pulling that sh!te he doesn't come across as that type.

Whats the Herrera rumour?

All I have seen is his Twitter which just said well done on the point, kept us in the top positions and he will be back soon from a small injury?

Edit: Yes, I am tired, very tired, too tired to google.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Whats the Herrera rumour?

All I have seen is his Twitter which just said well done on the point, kept us in the top positions and he will be back soon from a small injury?

Edit: Yes, I am tired, very tired, too tired to google.

Supposedly turning up late for training. Just what was said in that video above.

Supposedly turning up late for training. Just what was said in that video above.

Ah, hadn't watched the video, so is that the basis of the rumour? A fella on the road with a microphone for a fanzine thing? :)

Van Gaal said he was injured when asked, the way Van Gaal is you would think he would have just said he was not selected if it was something else.

Reporter: "Was Ander Herrera injured or ill today that he was left out?"
    Van Gall: "He was not selected"

Seems more in line with how he deals with the press then the answer he gave, anyways, hopefully just bollix and though he is new to the club and obviously we don't know a whole lot about his personality he just doesn't strike me as the type

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

David Moyes would have been proud of that.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    David Moyes would have been proud of that.

He would, he would also be proud of the unbeaten run, he would have been proud of the winning streak, he would have been proud of many things today would our Dave.

He would, he would also be proud of the unbeaten run, he would have been proud of the winning streak, he would have been proud of many things today would our Dave.

Poor Dave had
    Evra
    Ferdinand - who can't get into the QPR team
    Vidic - Who's having a stinker in Italy
    Kagawa - Having a stinker in Germany
    Welbeck - (Still not scoring)
    all starters in his team.

He didn't have Falcao - One of the finest strikers in the world
    Di Maria - MOM in CHamps league final, and drove Argentina to world cup final
    Shaw - Voted in the PFA team of the year last season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Git just do yourself a favour and quit while you're behind.

• Advertisement

Poor Dave had
    Evra
    Ferdinand - who can't get into the QPR team
    Vidic - Who's having a stinker in Italy
    Kagawa - Having a stinker in Germany
    Welbeck - (Still not scoring)
    all starters in his team.

He didn't have Falcao - One of the finest strikers in the world
    Di Maria - MOM in CHamps league final, and drove Argentina to world cup final
    Shaw - Voted in the PFA team of the year last season

I hear he was proud of Di Marias performance in the CL final last year now that you mention it, he was heard to whisper that he was proud of Shaw for the tight drain pipe jeans, though I suspect he may have just been saying that to boost a youngsters confidence.

Course, the fact that David Moyes would have been proud of a draw, away at Villa as you say, is probably a pretty fair indicator of why he was not exactly a good fit for the club.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Git just do yourself a favour and quit while you're behind.

This is a discussion board, I'm discussing.

I hear he was proud of Di Marias performance in the CL final last year now that you mention it, he was heard to whisper that he was proud of Shaw for the tight drain pipe jeans, though I suspect he may have just been saying that to boost a youngsters confidence.

Course, the fact that David Moyes would have been proud of a draw, away at Villa as you say, is probably a pretty fair indicator of why he was not exactly a good fit for the club.

The performance I meant.

Cross cross cross cross cross. Luckily you had one of the best headers of a ball in the league.

The performance I meant.

Cross cross cross cross cross. Luckily you had one of the best headers of a ball in the league.

Yes, we were all proud of having one of the best headers of a ball in the league start the game, with sharpness and more time on the field with his teammates he will continue to show that we are right to be proud of him for being one of the best headers of a ball in the league.

More then that, David Moyes would be proud of him.

Oh, and it really doesn't matter if you meant the performance or the result, the sad fact that, as you state yourself, poor old David would have been proud of that is still a solid indicator of why he was not a good fit for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God why do the reply to him. Do you not realise the SF will weed these kind posters out in time

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement