Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Gits_bone wrote: »
    The performance I meant.

Cross cross cross cross cross. Luckily you had one of the best headers of a ball in the league.

Yawn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Headshot wrote: »
    God why do the reply to him. Do you not realise the SF will weed these kind posters out in time

Listen here, any chance ye can reply to my posts and discuss the posts rather than these snide petty personal comments???? Don't like my posts or what I discuss then ignore them. Let other people decide for themselves if they want to discuss it or not, they can make up their own minds. You don't own the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

God why do the reply to him. Do you not realise the SF will weed these kind posters out in time

Sometimes, sometimes I like the light entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So what are we hoping for tomorrow? Don't want Arsenal catching up or Liverpool gaining confidence, is a draw the best result or do we just hope Liverpool go further back and expect Arsenal and United to get in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

kryogen wrote: »
    Yes, we were all proud of having one of the best headers of a ball in the league start the game, with sharpness and more time on the field with his teammates he will continue to show that we are right to be proud of him for being one of the best headers of a ball in the league.

More then that, David Moyes would be proud of him.

Oh, and it really doesn't matter if you meant the performance or the result, the sad fact that, as you state yourself, poor old David would have been proud of that is still a solid indicator of why he was not a good fit for the club.

Reminded me of the Moyes days alright. Bad defending at the back as well, Evans must have been wearing Santas boots, was stuck under the ball all day. Jones is class though.

Blackett wasn't good at LB though imo. Had a heavy touch. Decent passer albeit. Agbolahors sending off probably harmed your chances, game went dead after that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

So what are we hoping for tomorrow? Don't want Arsenal catching up or Liverpool gaining confidence, is a draw the best result or do we just hope Liverpool go further back and expect Arsenal and United to get in?

Draw for me, best result for us imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Draw would be good but we should get more concerned about Arsenal winning. Pool or Draw for me

I'm also getting worried about Spurs

Reminded me of the Moyes days alright. Bad defending at the back as well, Evans must have been wearing Santas boots, was stuck under the ball all day. Jones is class though.

Blackett wasn't good at LB though imo. Had a heavy touch. Decent passer albeit. Agbolahors sending off probably harmed your chances, game went dead after that imo.

Reminded you of the good old days huh? Ah sure we all pine for something good thats gone away now and then. I understand, Jones was shaky in parts but taking into consideration all factors he was alright, Evans was shaky and Blackett was ok, having two wingers as your left and right sided wide defenders is hardly gonna help your defence though, neither is having a midfield of Fletcher Rooney and Mata.....

The sending off helped them in a way alright I agree with that. Shame we couldn't break them down, not there yet by any stretch of the imagination but certainly moving in the right direction with exciting days ahead.

19 points from the last 21, very hard to be unhappy with that. Roll on Christmas!

Draw would be good but we should get more concerned about Arsenal winning. Pool or Draw for me

I'm also getting worried about Spurs

How could you ever worry about Spurs!?

I don't care who wins tomorrow really, I would probably prefer to see Arsenal win since it amuses me more when Liverpool suffer, though we are reaching a point where I am beginning to fear for The Rodgers job, don't want to see him sacked.

A draw is probably the best result with multiple sendings off and long suspensions

I know Kry but I just have a felling about Spurs. I think they be within a whisker of CL spot At the end of the season

• Advertisement

I know Kry but I just have a felling about Spurs. I think they be within a whisker of CL spot At the end of the season

I would be targeting 3rd this season, maybe try to sneak second, but fourth is not something I think we will be bogged down fighting out. Let Spurs, Arsenal and Everton worry about who is gonna finish 4th 5th and 6th and concentrate on reeling in our actual title rivals and getting closer to them.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I would be targeting 3rd this season, maybe try to sneak second, but fourth is not something I think we will be bogged down fighting out. Let Spurs, Arsenal and Everton worry about who is gonna finish 4th 5th and 6th and concentrate on reeling in our actual title rivals and getting closer to them.

:)

I don't understand all this optimism. We've largely been at best average over the last 7 games and have on many occasions, scraped a win. It was great to see a 3-0 scoreline against Liverpool but if De Gea wasn't between the sticks, Liverpool could've had 5 or 6.

Today, we couldn't put away an average Villa side with ten men and continue to look shaky at the back. We're slow, lethargic and leaky at the back. The only difference between the Moyes era is there is a bit more confidence and belief in the squad.

It's great to be 3rd but reeling in City and Chelsea isn't going to happen this season.

It doesn't need to happen this season though.

Scraping wins or blowing teams away gives you the same amount of points and this season is all about getting back on track, getting back into Europe and gaining confidence again, disjointed performances are going to be there all season, the lack of consistency in team selection and system guarantees that.

All that actually matters is, one way or another the team is returning a very good points total lately and that they keep that up and set it up for a proper title challenge again next season.

Your glass must be almost empty for that line of thought to be overly optimistic.

It doesn't need to happen this season though.

Scraping wins or blowing teams away gives you the same amount of points and this season is all about getting back on track, getting back into Europe and gaining confidence again, disjointed performances are going to be there all season, the lack of consistency in team selection and system guarantees that.

All that actually matters is, one way or another the team is returning a very good points total lately and that they keep that up and set it up for a proper title challenge again next season.

Your glass must be almost empty for that line of thought to be overly optimistic.

Do you not remember Leicester, West Brom or the first three games? We're on a lucky run now but this has the potential to collapse very quickly and we could find ourselves 5th or 6th by the end of the season. I'm delighted with our winning streak but when did we ever have to breath a sigh of relief when the full time whistle went at home to Stoke or West Ham before? We're absolutely toxic at the back and laboured in attack. We're still a work in progress.

This is a different team to the first three games though so not sure about the relevance

I am not sure what you are under the impression I am claiming?

We are not absolutely toxic at the back, we are exposed too much and the defence doesn't get enough protection a lot yes, if you were to say we are absolutely riddled with injury and inconsistency at the back I would agree alright, very hard to build stability in this situation, impossible in fact and thank **** for De Gea. The one big giant consistent we have back there

Why is it called a lucky run when teams are grinding out wins? I know we have had one or two easy results also, but for the most part its been a grind in terms of results, we certainly wouldn't have been grinding the results out last year since that was something we simply couldnt do. It always amuses me when people speak of luck and ifs and buts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

For those of us who still held out faint hope that Fletcher could regain the form of before, today was not a good day.

LVG will be ruthless, as he needs to be, but today Fletcher was awful and we will not be starting any games again after Herrera, Blind or Fellaini come back

He kept handing the ball to the opposition

I'd love to see Fletcher drop a division or two and finish his career on a high with regular first team football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Fletcher drop a division or two and finish his career on a high with regular first team football.

There's worse players than this version of Fletcher in the PL. I'm sure there would be one or two that would take him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/Cuadrado/status/546347308464340992

Juan Cuadrado was very happy for his fellow Colombian. Rumours are we will make a bid for Juan in January.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

thelad95 wrote: »

Might move to the SPL either, hopefully he does find somewhere to play at the end of the season. Had to have been tough to get his fitness back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

David Moyes would have been proud of that.

Friendly advice: when you've received two cards for trolling within a short time, a time which encompasses a probation period in it, entering a United thread (as a Pool fan) and invoking Moyes' spirit can very easily be seen as another attempt to wind United fans up. There's a line and fair enough if you are only attempting to discuss something, however the line is closer than you realise right now, so tread carefully. This is a final warning.

This really isn't helpful either. While the sentiment is one I echo (if you do believe someone is trolling, report and ignore), it is against the charter for users to accuse other users of trolling, or implying anything similar. "Why do people reply to him" is the exact same as replying to him.

I realise tensions are a bit high after the game yesterday, so I'm giving the warning to both sides and keeping the cards in pocket. But they are peaking their heads out and the fingers are reaching for them.

RobertKK wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Cuadrado/status/546347308464340992

Juan Cuadrado was very happy for his fellow Colombian. Rumours are we will make a bid for Juan in January.
    zerks wrote: »

Would like some truth to these rumors.

If Rooney is to spend more time in the CM position pinging balls to the sidelines, I'd really like us to have a winger capable of doing something with them.

I feel that when everyone is fit, it appears that Falcao and RVP will be favoured in the striker roles, Mata in the CAM and Rooney in the midfield. If that's the case, we need better wing support to pump the balls back in that Rooney pumps out.

Oh TSC I really hope Rooney being CM isn't the future, I hope you're wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm giving the warning to both sides and keeping the cards in pocket.

Good call ref. At 9:00 am it's too early in the game to be brandishing cards. Gotta give yourself wiggle room for later in the day when the tackles really start flying in. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Mirror saying TC23 will sign a permanent deal at Villa for a £7.5 million fee.

as3yyrI.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Please be true about TC..

Its also time to say goodbye to Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

zerks wrote:
    The Mirror saying TC23 will sign a permanent deal at Villa for a £7.5 million fee.

Is he not out of contract at the end of this season and available to go on a free?

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Is he not out of contract at the end of this season and available to go on a free?

As if Woodward cares. He'd sell snow to Eskimos :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

I really hope Anderson buggers off, hes like that annoying friend who sticks around forever and no matter what ya do no one else wants him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Thepoet85 wrote: »

I seem to recall something a while back about villa paying to keep him in January rather than wait. Some kind of gentlemans agreement between the clubs. Somebody else might remember better than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

If these Bale rumours prove to be right, where would he fit in? having him on the left means moving ADM into the middle so I'd see that, especially if we persist with playing someone behind 2 strikers, leaving us very vulnerable in the middle.
    I rate Bale very highly, but having ADM means we don't 'really' need him. If you could have one on each side, then that'd be a different matter.
    If we do sign him, it'll probably mean the end of Mata and signing Falcao.

Are we playing Stephens day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

We're playing Newcastle at 3 on Stephen's Day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Quandary wrote: »
    We're playing Newcastle at 3 on Stephen's Day :)

238769-christmas-pint.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That's Tiote out of the game for Newcastle..he's a nutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Tiote just got a yellow and will now miss the Utd game. Every little helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

238769-christmas-pint.jpg

It's always a nightmare trying to find a pub with the games on though, we have a local that will show them through a foreign satellite but just be aware that it won't be on everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

It's always a nightmare trying to find a pub with the games on though, we have a local that will show them through a foreign satellite but just be aware that it won't be on everywhere

Its on BT surely any half arsed pub has that subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

paulbok wrote: »
    If these Bale rumours prove to be right, where would he fit in? having him on the left means moving ADM into the middle so I'd see that, especially if we persist with playing someone behind 2 strikers, leaving us very vulnerable in the middle.
    I rate Bale very highly, but having ADM means we don't 'really' need him. If you could have one on each side, then that'd be a different matter.
    If we do sign him, it'll probably mean the end of Mata and signing Falcao.

Though we should be in the CL, longer in the league cup, the Fa cup and going for the Premier League title, I think having quality to replace quality or simply to rest a player, there is room for everyone.

We have seen it this year with injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

marvsins wrote: »
    Its on BT surely any half arsed pub has that subscription.

Is it? I thought usually all the 3pm games are on blackout on St Stephens day? If it is then that's grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Is it? I thought usually all the 3pm games are on blackout on St Stephens day? If it is then that's grand

Only if it's a Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Fellaini proved his worth so much yesterday without playing, we missed his strength so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

advertsfox wrote: »
    Fellaini proved his worth so much yesterday without playing, we missed his strength so much.

What ye missed yesterday was a type of creative player who could cut open the Villa defence by playing in a killer pass. Rooney and Mata were unable to do this and Fellaini ain't that type of player. UTD were not out muscled although Delph did get on a lot of ball. UTD simply need to create more chances, they weren't afforded the luxury of space yesterday that Liverpool allowed them last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Unearthly wrote: »
    Only if it's a Saturday

Setanta sports 1 normally show a sat 3pm game live, they had UTD villa yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Setanta sports 1 normally show a sat 3pm game live, they had UTD villa yesterday

Yeah meant UK British stations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well, shít. An Arsenal win is the worst possible result.

Fúcking Liverpool, 1-0 up at home and they still can't get a decent result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Good result for us

Great entertainment as well.

• Advertisement

Get in there, great result for us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement