Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Pro. F wrote: »
    I'm glad that something I discussed annoyed you so much. I really hope all of my contributions make the thread less fun for you to read.

I actually agreed with you a while ago, but shhhhh, I didbt thank it or reply just to keep up my blanket ignorance.

At least we agree on di Maria. Maybe this can be the seed for our bromance.
    <3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I actually agreed with you a while ago, but shhhhh, I didbt thank it or reply just to keep up my blanket ignorance.

You have some cheek to be complaining about what other posters choose to discuss in the thread when you have by far the most posts and the majority of them are unfunny, throw-away comments like the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Regarding Bale,it's common knowledge in Madrid that he doesn't integrate with his teammates and literally goes training & home again,he barely knows his way around the city and as a result the fans aren't warming to him.His professionalism isn't in doubt but it's his general lack of empathy with the city or the fans that they don't like.You are expected to interact with fans over there-it's an unwritten rule but Bale keeps himself to himself.
    Jese is a local boy done good and a fan favourite,they'd sooner see him stay and wouldn't lose any sleep over Bale leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Bale is doing far better than Isco in an attacking since in la liga this season and has scored 3 times as many goals from less appearances. Anyway they are not really like for like players while bale is a proven goal scorer Isco certainly isn't. No chance in the world of bale signing for UTD in the short term at least. The man is ripping it up in Spain.

yes but maybe it wont be his choice weather he stays or not, it is real Madrid after all along with Perez who likes new faces in and out every year

zerks wrote: »
    Regarding Bale,it's common knowledge in Madrid that he doesn't integrate with his teammates and literally goes training & home again,he barely knows his way around the city and as a result the fans aren't warming to him.His professionalism isn't in doubt but it's his general lack of empathy with the city or the fans that they don't like.You are expected to interact with fans over there-it's an unwritten rule but Bale keeps himself to himself.
    Isco is a local boy done good and a fan favourite,they'd sooner see him stay and wouldn't lose any sleep over Bale leaving.

not local unless you mean he is from spain?

Pro. F wrote: »
    You have some cheek to be complaining about what other posters choose to discuss in the thread when you have by far the most posts and the majority of them are unfunny, throw-away comments like the above.

Just shake it off, shake it off.

Let the haterz hate hate hate hate hate.

bangkok wrote: »
    not local unless you mean he is from spain?

Meant Jese,Isco was on my brain after reading an earlier post.

Meant Jese,Isco was on my brain after reading an earlier post.

jese is also not from Madrid, he is from the canary islands :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I do think Di Maria has looked at his most dangerous when played in a CM 3.

Utd are quite pedestrian with their build up, giving the opposition loads of time to set up defensively. Theres no injection of pace at all in the build up It should come from the wings but Young and Valencia more often than not arent good enough.

Di Maria commits players, goes past them and pulls teams out of shape and causes panic, or at least uncertainty. He also ups the overall tempo of Utds play when played centrally and forces others to up their tempo too.

Im going on a small sample size obviously but as it is, Utd look very one paced in their build up without him in the middle. The simple act of running at and past a player in the midfield not only disrupts the oppositions shape, it gives his other team members space and opportunity that is so much harder to find without him there when Utd are in their "one tempo" build up mode.

bangkok wrote: »
    jese is also not from Madrid, he is from the canary islands :p

He's a product of their youth set up,that counts.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

advertsfox wrote: »
    And it's begging to hype up and stir even more... this time Sky Sports saying it, such bull****!

The same Shaquiri who last week was apparently available in January for 10m?
    Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Bale to United is possible, the people running the rumours say his children will be school going age soon and a move back to the UK would be for family reasons and Bale likes the thought of playing for United.
    How much is true is anyone's guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd like to think it's a "no smoke without fire" scenario. There's far easier stories that would make far more sense for the journalists to pull out of their asses (David Luiz for our defensive woes; Aaron Ramsey and Jack Whilsire in a massive double swoop coup to fix out mid field, etc).

I'd love Bale. After Ronaldo, he'd probably be second on my "dream signings" list. So I'll remain cautiously optimistic about it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bale....really.

Considering his buyout clause as with most La Liga players is outragous (I believe his is 1BN) then Madrid would need to be selling. Sure I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I really dont see that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd like to think it's a "no smoke without fire" scenario. There's far easier stories that would make far more sense for the journalists to pull out of their asses (David Luiz for our defensive woes; Aaron Ramsey and Jack Whilsire in a massive double swoop coup to fix out mid field, etc).

I'd love Bale. After Ronaldo, he'd probably be second on my "dream signings" list. So I'll remain cautiously optimistic about it :P

I wouldn't pick David Luiz for a school yard kick about....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I wouldn't mind David Luiz actually. We always had a good head-case type figure to rally the troops like Rio, Vidic, Roy Keane and Scholes. We're missing that now.

Di Maria helped fund the purchase of James Rodriguez and Kroos.
    The sale of Bale would be for similar reasons.

Saw this and had to share,kinda puts paid to the Fergie Time jibes from Liverpool fans.

B5eUWAECUAAHMC-.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Some snippets of a Fergie interview to be shown on boxing day

He says watch LVG fly when the players are fit. He says Carrick is the best CMF in england and evaluates some other players.

The best part for me was how very proud and happy he seems for the "kid" DDG :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

thelad95 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind David Luiz actually. We always had a good head-case type figure to rally the troops like Rio, Vidic, Roy Keane and Scholes. We're missing that now.

All our head-cases had a brain though.
    Saw this and had to share,kinda puts paid to the Fergie Time jibes from Liverpool fans.

B5eUWAECUAAHMC-.png

Wonder what our latest goal was? Owen? Macheda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

J. Marston wrote: »
    All our head-cases had a brain though.

And a talent for the position they played in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

adox wrote: »
    And a talent for the position they played in.

And generally weren't ****s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Pro.F's post above about the most regular posters in here got me doing a bit of rooting, I used to offer a lot more than 34 posts out of eight and a half thousand. May sort meself out a bit....
    :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

B5eUWAECUAAHMC-.png

Why is it only since 2006? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

thelad95 wrote: »

giphy.gif

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Why is it only since 2006? :confused:

Suits the agenda :)

No link to the reasons behind the time. Probably from the mail..

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Suits the agenda :)

No link to the reasons behind the time. Probably from the mail..

It's not RAWK-are you lost or did you wander in here on purpose to post your usual nuggets of wisdom?

Doesn't matter when ye scored-ye still couldn't win the Premier League.:pac:

It's not RAWK-are you lost or did you wander in here on purpose to post your usual nuggets of wisdom?

Hey, I was only making the point that your post made no sense and your response backed that up :) Back it up instead of a jibe back that doesn't actually make sense either as no goals were last season?

Anyone can wander in and comment on a post btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

B5eUWAECUAAHMC-.png

Funny that two of the top four there came in the same match. Can remember it well, both were penalties. It finished Arsenal's title hopes that season.

• Advertisement

Hey, I was only making the point that your post made no sense and your response backed that up :) Back it up instead of a jibe back that doesn't actually make sense either as no goals were last season?

Anyone can wander in and comment on a post btw.

You forgot the quarter of a century before then btw.;)

You forgot the quarter of a century before then btw.;)

So your post made no sense, thanks for clearing that up.

;)

So your post made no sense, thanks for clearing that up.

;)

Read the chart again- Properly.;)

Would be interesting to see how many goals each team scored after 90 mins though

The person who designed the sculptor put too much thought into this...

https://twitter.com/dailyedge/status/547144557024915456

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Alex is looking pretty darn well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Headshot wrote: »
    Alex is looking pretty darn well

Looks about ten years younger since he retired. Delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

DeAndre Yedlin granted a work permit for Spurs after signing from Seattle in the summer. Really think we missed a trick there, young, athletic, pacey and I think he has a lot of potential. Could have been a perfect combo of cover and competition for Rafael.

• Advertisement

Some snippets of a Fergie interview to be shown on boxing day

He says watch LVG fly when the players are fit. He says Carrick is the best CMF in england and evaluates some other players.

The best part for me was how very proud and happy he seems for the "kid" DDG :)

hes right about carrick, anyone who goes to the games regularly will see for themselves just how good carrick is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

VW 1 wrote: »
    DeAndre Yedlin granted a work permit for Spurs after signing from Seattle in the summer. Really think we missed a trick there, young, athletic, pacey and I think he has a lot of potential. Could have been a perfect combo of cover and competition for Rafael.
    Perhaps, let's see how he develops at Spurs.

On another note, is there any quota anymore on "foreign" or non-EU players? Or did that go out with the dinosaurs ?

United are building up the numbers of South Americans already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Perhaps, let's see how he develops at Spurs.

On another note, is there any quota anymore on "foreign" or non-EU players? Or did that go out with the dinosaurs ?

United are building up the numbers of South Americans already

If they get the players to England early enough and they train at the club for 3 years between the ages of 15-21, they are homegrown. Rafael is homegrown because of this. They are tapping in to the academies there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

One thing I enjoyed about the Villa game was just thinking to myself how many players we have to come back and solve the little issues cropping up in games.

Villa were crying out for Herrera and his through ball and a wingback that can actually go passed his man. I think, even with a gun to his head, Valencia would still turn back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

2zxytmc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

paulbok wrote: »
    2zxytmc.jpg

huh1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

ElChe32 wrote: »
    huh1.gif

What kind of plant is it and what is it used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Ahahaha lol!

Touché sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

ElChe32 wrote: »
    huh1.gif

Shes my dream girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

You're wrong Timmy!

Anna Kendrick or gtfo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

MagicIRL wrote: »