Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

bangkok wrote: »
    but when I said to play marco reus there I got widely ridiculed.....

Should be played as a RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Exactly*. Adox's mention of that is what led me to writing the original post.

*Well not exactly exactly, because they're different players and possibly a slightly different suggestion of position, but the principle is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

You know I love an aul GIF brinty, but I wouldn't want to be upsetting the Right Honourable TSC this close to Christmas.

Have I got his title right? I'm bad at titles.

Senator TSC?

Sure there's no harm in one

Overlord Vader TSC will save it for his private stash!!!!

I asked this morning and haven't heard an objection so i think we should be ok....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Gits_bone wrote: »
    No he doesn't.

Yes he did
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Well done on entering the conversation, contributing nothing, getting in a huff and leaving. Your gold star is in the post.

A huff? lol

Your Christmas card is in the post

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Should be played as a RB.

Stick him in nets and Big dave at DM.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Ok, so if we imagine a ficticious scenario where Di Maria never played centrally for Madrid ever that would improve your point a little.

Unfortunatley Di Maria did play centrally for Madrid and was a star there so I have no interest in discussing make believe scenarios with you.

Christ this tedious ****e is worse than anything, if you don't want to reply or discuss anything with him, don't, but there's no need for the Drama Llamas to pop their heads out every time Pro.F posts something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Hahaha poor Bangkok.

<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

brinty wrote: »
    I asked this morning and haven't heard an objection so i think we should be ok....

I... don't think that's how it works. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If Vlaar or Hummels comes in during the January window, I can see Carrick playing alongside Vlaar/Hummels & Jones/Smalling/Evans to form the back three with Blind as the DM. Shaw and Rafael are obvious first choices as wing-backs, but cover is desperately needed for RB, since Young seems to be playing at a decent squad level to be used as cover for Shaw at LB.

This is not fantasy football stuff. I can't wait!
    De Gea
    Smalling - Carrick - Vlaar
    Rafael
    Shaw
    Blind
    Strootman - Di Maria
    Rooney
    RVP - Falcao

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ah see, there is always some who take it too far. Posts deleted containing naughty links ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

MagicIRL wrote: »
    If Vlaar or Hummels comes in during the January window, I can see Carrick playing alongside Vlaar/Hummels & Jones/Smalling/Evans to form the back three with Blind as the DM. Shaw and Rafael are obvious first choices as wing-backs, but cover is desperately needed for RB, since Young seems to be playing at a decent squad level to be used as cover for Shaw at LB.

This is not fantasy football stuff. I can't wait!
    De Gea
    Smalling - Carrick - Vlaar
    Rafael
    Shaw
    Blind
    Strootman - Di Maria
    Rooney

RVP - Falcao

we can only play 11 players

we can only play 11 players

eb377d2e15cdf090574a60601613d2996cdea1116cc3886a020421314444f3a8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I really hope that when our FB's are back fit we ditch the 5 at the back rubbish

its actually funny the amount of "best 11's" get posted with 12 players :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Would like a quick wide player too[/QUOTE]

Nani? ;)

• Advertisement

Did I miss boobs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I really hope that when our FB's are back fit we ditch the 5 at the back rubbish

Agree completely, doesn't suit any of our defenders other than Rojo (Rafael and Shaw are debatable)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

rarnes1 wrote: »
    70m for Pogba? Not a hope

Daily Fail again.

Twice in 2 days you react to my posts & mention that paper,is something wrong with you? I didn't get either piece of info from said source so unless you know better don't bother replying until you get your facts straight,surely yesterdays lesson proved that to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Strootman to United gathering fierce legs today - ah transfer window/silly season is almost upon us again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Van Persie to start vs Newcastle lads or is he rotation concern? fantasy football related hoping ye ruin Christmas for Pardew!

Agbonlahor has had his red card from the other day revoked.

Oh,Blind is on the way back:

https://twitter.com/BlindDaley/status/547417158587002881

PSG are drunk:

B5jLIMQIIAEXZr7.jpg

That has to be satire.

Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

LVG has just said no one will be back for the next game other than maybe Smalling.

He also said he's only using wing backs cos he has no fit full backs (paraphrasing a bit)

Looks like back three for the next couple of games anyway.

In 4-3-3 we trust!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Di Maria was moved from a wide player to a central midfield player, therefore anything goes.

Ok got it.

Did I miss boobs?

No bewbs were harmed in the deletion of links
    Just naughty boys being naughty

Asked about links with Bale, van Gaal said: "I cannot discuss that with you.

"I discuss that with my CEO and not anyone from the media."

brinty wrote: »
    No bewbs were harmed in the deletion of links
    Just naughty boys being naughty

My link telling ye where to go?

Ah tsc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

zerks wrote: »

We're signing Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pro. F wrote: »
    Exactly*. Adox's mention of that is what led me to writing the original post.

*Well not exactly exactly, because they're different players and possibly a slightly different suggestion of position, but the principle is the same.

If memory serves Bangkok got slatted because he thought Reus played CM for Dortmund...not that he was suggesting it.

I get where Prof is coming from. I think a perfect case is Bastian Schweinsteiger. A golden boy winger that blew hot or cold. Then just out of nowhere he started playing DM and for me was the best player in South Africa's world cup...I wanted us to sign him immediately. And he's got even better.

Even six months before it happened if you suggested Schweinsteiger could play DM you'd be laughed at.

But its not exactly carte blanch to just say any player can play anywhere. Its so much down to things like attitude and what coaches see on the training pitch. IE stuff that we simply don't see or know.

Lahm playing CM would be another one. Although after reading the latest Pep book its a strong theme throughout...what moron made him play LB for years.

And what about someone like Rooney. Can play multiple positions but is totally wasted. Still irks me he is not striker d

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

adox wrote: »
    Di Maria was moved from a wide player to a central midfield player, therefore anything goes.

Ok got it.

Nah, you don't got it.

Edit: Just to clarify. I wasn't having a go at you for bringing up the Reus stuff. The situation, which I had forgetten about, just made me think about opinions in general.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh.....well now I am excited....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh.....well now I am excited....

Yeah, that's not really gonna help with the rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Let's not forget Van Gaal is a bit of a WUM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

5starpool wrote: »
    Numbers papers make up are crazy, as are fans who believe that Pogba is worth 70m or Sterling is worth 50m.

They are probably respectively worth a maximum of £35m and £30m given their ages, potential and career to date.

The market has changed vastly in the last decade or so though, and for some reason unlike the 10 years previously I don't think a lot of fans have picked up on that. People would have also balked at Bale going for even as close to what he did, a few months prior to Madrid buying him. I'll see if I can find it but I read a year or so back and article that showed the transfer costs involved for top clubs (less so for those outside the perennial CL teams, though) has almost trebled from what it was around the time Abramovich bought Chelsea, which would basically mean £35mn and £30mn for those two now would only be about £12mn and £10mn in comparison to 2004 or 2005, and likewise that £70mn and £50mn would translate to roughly £23mn and £17mn, give or take.

Not saying I would pay £70mn or £50mn for them, but especially in the case of Pogba (who does get overrated but also has unbelievable potential that he has been fulfilling more and more each year) I would not be shocked in the least if somebody did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Bale's agent has called these stories that UTD are preparing a record bid "irresponsible journalism".

Can't see it happening myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

As much as Bale would immensly improve the team I don't see it happening as LVG knows where exactly we need strengthing. We don't need another attack minded player on the list as we have that in Di Maria. A defender or two with Strootman would improve the team greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    As much as Bale would immensly improve the team I don't see it happening as LVG knows where exactly we need strengthing. We don't need another attack minded player on the list as we have that in Di Maria. A defender or two with Strootman would improve the team greatly.

If he immensely improves the team then he is most welcome.
    Any team would love to have Bale. With money being a lesser concern for Utd than other teams if its possible then why not.
    Signing Bale doesnt stop Utd from also getting defensive coverage.

Bale's agent has called these stories that UTD are preparing a record bid "irresponsible journalism".

Can't see it happening myself.

It's just click bait. There is a story being built in the media that utd want to build a galatico style team even though utd are constantly harping on about doing things the United way etc etc, Giggs with the assistant manager, jan with the number 11 jersey the lip service of not sacking moyes and giving him a long term contract.

Click bait and advertising dolla dolla bills is all it is about becuase no one buys the paper anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Hummels and Strootman would make us as strong as any team in Europe IMO. 433 and everyone fit

De Gea

Valencia. Jones. Hummels. Shaw

Blind
    Herrera. Strootman.

Rooney. Falcao. Di Maria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

There should be an infraction to anyone who makes a United XI with a team that doesnt comprise at least 9 United players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Robson99 wrote: »
    Hummels and Strootman would make us as strong as any team in Europe IMO. 433 and everyone fit

De Gea

Blind
    Herrera. Strootman.

Rooney. Falcao. Di Maria
    No rojo or raf?

De Gea

Blind
    Herrera. Strootman.

Rooney. Falcao. Di Maria

no carrick???!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No Messi???!!!!!!

And bale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

De Gea

Blind
    Herrera. Strootman.

Rooney. Falcao. Di Maria

Valencia wtf?!?!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

He says that any time he is ever asked about a possible sale/purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Valencia wtf?!?!

Yeah he's better than Rafael now, didn't you get the memo?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement