Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

LVG has just said no one will be back for the next game other than maybe Smalling.

He also said he's only using wing backs cos he has no fit full backs (paraphrasing a bit)

Looks like back three for the next couple of games anyway.

He also said, last week, that Rafael has been fit, but he has not been selected, I am pretty concerned about it right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

kryogen wrote: »
    He also said, last week, that Rafael has been fit, but he has not been selected, I am pretty concerned about it right now

Rafael was on bench last time out. Easing him back in I reckon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Rafael is by far our best option at right back, and still a player that I hold out hope for to become a United legend.....
    I'll be delighted to see him back.

Rafael was on bench last time out. Easing him back in I reckon!

Its just how he spoke, he said he compared and he did not make the selection, that he was fit to play again (last game) and we will see if he will make the selection, and he didn't.

Super player, would make such a difference to the right side of our attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Happy Christmas to all the utd lads. Your not that bad.

niallo27 wrote: »

*You're

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy Christmas everyone

To the lovers and haters I hope ye all have a fantastic Xmas and hope santa delivers 9 points from next 3 games.

Viva Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Merry Christmas fellow United fans.

And to all the opposition fans too! Lets put aside out petty squabbles.......for one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Graham Hunter said on off the ball that Bale is more than happy at Real Madrid and his dream was to play for them.
    That United offered more money to Spurs for him and told his agent they would pay him more than Madrid would, but Bale didn't want the move.
    Hunter said Bale will not be moving to the Premier League in the next year but maybe in the future like two to three years time.
    He also said United wouldn't have a free run as City would also want him.

...and RTE are running with the story of United and €153 million for Bale as the top sports story.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well at least it's not Snedjier.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Angel says Merry Chrimbo!

10520366_457871254353629_1370914042_n.jpg

So does creepy Ronaldo :P

ronaldo-in-santa-suit-horror.jpg

niallo27 wrote: »

Same to you niallo, fair play

And to all the lads in here thanks for all the great reading throughout the year and happy Xmas :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Did i sleep through Christmas eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

J. Marston wrote: »
    Merry Christmas fellow United fans.

And to all the opposition fans too! Lets put aside out petty squabbles.......for one day.

Get fcuked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

Flicking through the channels here and it appears MUTV is on freeview? I'm with Sky so I'm not sure if its just with them or if its UPC as well.

Currently showing '96 FA cup semi against Chelsea :D

fat-jonah-excited.gif

Just got an early Xmas present from my brother and mother...tickets to the Southampton game in 3 weeks! He's apologising saying he thought, when he got them, it would be an "easier" game and has watched in dread as they've had a strong enough season.

Don't care. Been a few years since I've got over (financial and other limitations!). Super excited now. Merry Xmas everyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

...It's not Christmas yet. What are ya at opening gifts early. Feck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Danye wrote: »
    Flicking through the channels here and it appears MUTV is on freeview? I'm with Sky so I'm not sure if its just with them or if its UPC as well.

It's freeview till Jan 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Blatter wrote: »
    It's freeview till Jan 5th.

Not on UPC.
    No shock there though:'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

So does everyone really want this guy?

B5lBc9cCcAASQJi.jpg

MagicIRL wrote: »
    ...It's not Christmas yet. What are ya at opening gifts early. Feck sake.

Me and the brother have always swapped gifts on Xmas Eve, to differentiate from "Santa". Have kept going all these years later :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

advertsfox wrote: »

332637.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I think the prices paid / quoted for him are hilarious, but he'd be a massive upgrade on the wide players at the club.

Bale would be excellent.

I don't know how much money United have to spend on players. If we have so much we don't know what to do with it then fine. I don't like the price quoted for him by AS. The reality is there is a budget and I would prefer the money spent on top class defenders and midfield and then someone of great quality for a wide player.

I think the defense has been affecting our goal scoring. The rest of the team has to defend harder to make up for the problems in defense, so compared to two years ago, we conceded less but with arguably a much better offense we have scored a lot less.

Hopefully we buy Falcao because he shows how amazing he is.

I think the prices paid / quoted for him are hilarious, but he'd be a massive upgrade on the wide players at the club.

I think people are getting hung up on "prices" too much nowadays. Not just United fans but everyone.

Prices of players have double in recent times compared to what they used to be. With increased TV revenue, increased competition prizes and the influx of oil-rich owners, prices have inflated to a state which may have been crazy a few years back but will quickly become the norm.

Pogba is quoted as 70m and people guffaw. But compare it to 20m for Welbeck, 20m for Rojo, 35m for Lukaku (by a upper-mid table team too), 25m for Lovern, 31m for Lallana, 36m for Herrera, 76m for DiMaria, 95m for Suarez.....70m for someone Pogba's age, profile and potential seems pretty much at the right level.

(Figures are €).

Sure, there'll be the odd bargain here or there, players who want away or whatever. But transfer figures have doubled in the last few years. That's where it is now. And trying to cling to the "no value in the market" while other teams bid big and quick and finish business while we're counting pennies is what caused us problems last season. Who cares if the figures are growing. If they improve us in the right manner, that's what matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Danye wrote: »

Not on freeview for me??? Im with sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not on freeview for me??? Im with sky

You need a viewing card anyway - we haven't had a sky subscription for years but still use it to feed the upstairs TV with the free channels.

Got caught lads. MUTV didn't work so I decided to flick through all the remaning channels of the programme guide to see what we can still get for free, just as I was in the adult section the mrs. turned on the other TV :p

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

We will sign Strootman, and I think we will sign Hummels in the summer. We are definitely not signing Bale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads in case i don't get the chance Happy Christmas to you all, hope ye's all have a great festive season
    I've asked the big man for a top class centre half, Kevin strootman, CR7... five Cantona's four Cantona's three Cantona's, two Cantona's and a partridge in a pear tree.......
    3 victories and Citeh to implode....

Whaddya think... will he deliver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Has futureguy said his line on bale
    If he does
    It's on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

brinty wrote: »
    Has futureguy said his line on bale
    If he does
    It's on

That was a long time ago and I'm not the same guy any more. I've responsibilities now. Job, wife, cat. It's not as if it's the season for giving anyways.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

FutureGuy wrote: »
    That was a long time ago and I'm not the same guy any more. I've responsibilities now. Job, wife, cat. It's not as if it's the season for giving anyways.

You've changed man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

We gained LvG in 2014 but, in reality, what have we given up in return...? RIP Great One.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Not sure why Utd fans wouldn't even think there's a chance of signing Bale.

Moyes did bid 90/100 million for him last year. So there is a chance last years budget is still untouched, with only 30m being ~60m being spent. Factor in all the new deals, the even newer TV deal, Addidas deal etc and it's a much more possible story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Saaaaaaasaaaaayyy iiiiiitttt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Merry Christmas lads and lassies! Roll on Stephensesessses's day and a hammering handed out to Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Advertisement

MUTV is only free if you have a Sky Sports subscription!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

MrMac84 wrote: »
    No rojo or raf?

Don't think Rojo is good enough to be honest. As regards Rafael while he may be a more natural full back he is very injury prone and there is always a moment of madness in him. Valencia has done very little wrong while playing there IMO.
    As regards Blind over Carrick well its a case of either or but not both. I would always have been a critic of Carricks but in fairness he has played very well since coming back this season.

Anyways happy xmas to all. Hope its a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

B5lBc9cCcAASQJi.jpg

Not a patch on the Phil Jones face but I'd have him at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Was in work the other night, look who showed up at the bar

B5bDeEJCcAAsrCJ.jpg

May or may not be Arturo Vidal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was in work the other night, look who showed up at the bar

May or may not be Arturo Vidal

ArturON

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ok i have been drinking but I can't see anything in that pic haha

Edit: Oh now i get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

My 8 year old will find out in the morning that he is off to old Trafford with me and my dad stephens day to see United Newcastle :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jaykay74 wrote: »
    My 8 year old will find out in the morning that he is off to old Trafford with me and my dad stephens day to see United Newcastle :-)

If you're smart about it you'll put the ticket in a tiny box, put the tiny box in a bigger box, put the bigger box in an even bigger box and so on and so on until it's wrapped in a box the size of a car! Always wanted to do that with a really valuable gift that's also really small. :pac:

Happy Christmas lads and lassies, hope ye all have a great day tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Merry Christmas lads. Hope you all have a good one and we get the 3 points tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement