Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    You forgetting the Leicester game? Personally I prefer to see McNair over Blackett.

But anyway, hoping Di Maria isn't there purely so that he's ready for Sunday and not because he's had a set back. Also thought Wilson might have got a start today for similar reasons but perhaps LvG wants to play Falcao into form.

The whole defense was fairly ****e against Leicester, I wouldn't say Blackett stood out as particularly dodgy over anybody else, despite the red card.

McNair had to be hauled off a few mins before halftime because he was making so many basic errors v Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Trond wrote: »
    Delighted to see Pereira on the bench. Felt he deserved a chance before now.

As for Blackett V McNair given their ages, respective experience Im not sure how anyone could have Blackett as the better prospect. People seem to be forgetting McNair against Everton and Villa not so long ago.
    People seem to be basing their criticism of Blackett on one bad tackle. Can't think of too many other mistakes he's made tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Blatter wrote: »
    The whole defense was fairly ****e against Leicester, I wouldn't say Blackett stood out as particularly dodgy over anybody else, despite the red card.

McNair had to be hauled off a few mins before halftime because he was making so many basic errors v Southampton.

Doesn't matter if he particularly stood out or not, he was clean pish.

And just like the Leicester game, the whole Defence were fairly ****e and anyone of them could've been hauled off after 36 minutes against Southampton.

But anyway, it's not worth debating, I think it's clear that in a perfect world neither would've started or played half as much as they have this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

glued wrote: »
    Blackett looked far more comfortable than McNair. They look like two completely different prospects tbh.

They are very different. I think their styles would compliment each other very well. McNair is similar to smalling and Blackett similar to Jones. If all 4 could stay injury free for the next 18 months it could be a great situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hopefully Di Maria injury not serious. Injures during training.

Something needs to be dome about this injury stuff. Getting farsical at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Liam O wrote: »
    People seem to be basing their criticism of Blackett on one bad tackle. Can't think of too many other mistakes he's made tbh.

His decision making and hesitation in possession is something that effects those around him. His ability to actually track anyone who runs at him is another big concern of mine. Arsenal really targeted him in the first half recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Love lvg.

Yesh iths swhill be a chrishmas entertainment, we swhill attack.

None if this we will try put them under pressure ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Love lvg.

Yesh iths swhill be a chrishmas entertainment, we swhill attack.

None if this we will try put them under pressure ****e.

Talk is cheap.

And you'd want to be attacking with only one midfielder playing and 3 cbs.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Talk is cheap.

its-only-game.gif

its-only-game.gif

I was given a yellow card when I referenced the Moyes era.

• Advertisement

I was given a yellow card when I referenced the Moyes era.

Yeah but you see, I was comparing how the 2 managers spoke to the media.

You most certainly were not. Slight difference champ

Yeah but you see, I was comparing how the 2 managers spoke to the media.

You most certainly were not. Slight difference champ

I was comparing the difference in reactions to the same style of play against Villa.

I was comparing the difference in reactions to the same style of play against Villa.
    Pull up the post so and we can see.

See I was comparing how they speak to the media without hurling insults or winding people up.

I don't understand how you can confuse this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Artist's impression of Man Utd training (sport witness)

B5ycoi1CYAEH1HY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God I hate our defence. None of them are good enough to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Give Mata something to work off and he will flourish

Two good runs met by two excellent passes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Talk is cheap.

How right you are. Some great attacking football from Man Utd today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Falcao looking good. Nice assist and his pressing won the ball back which led to the second.

Gone close to scoring once or twice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

J. Marston wrote: »
    Falcao looking good. Nice assist and his pressing won the ball back which led to the second.

Gone close to scoring once or twice too.

He's played well without being at his best, his touch has been heavy at times. If he can stay fit and get up to speed properly he'll start knocking the goals in.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

With Carrick back to midfield from the start I see why McNair was played, he has taken over Carricks back three role. Makes sense since he was a cm and in possession the central player of the three has an important role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Young has been so good lately. Got to the stage where I'm glad to see his name on the team sheet

Pull up the post so and we can see.

See I was comparing how they speak to the media without hurling insults or winding people up.

I don't understand how you can confuse this.

I never insulted anyone nor did I wind anyone up.

Stop making things up to suit your argument.

Link the post so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its just such terrible defending from Jones again

Headshot wrote: »
    Its just such terrible defending from Jones again

Ah be fair, it was a very very very soft decision.

• Advertisement

Vintage Phil Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Why aren't you busy watching the Liverpool Match?

Talk is cheap sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Talk is cheap sure.

:D:D:D

Link the post so.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93524360&postcount=8796
    Poor Dave had
    Evra
    Ferdinand - who can't get into the QPR team
    Vidic - Who's having a stinker in Italy
    Kagawa - Having a stinker in Germany
    Welbeck - (Still not scoring)
    all starters in his team.

He didn't have Falcao - One of the finest strikers in the world
    Di Maria - MOM in CHamps league final, and drove Argentina to world cup final
    Shaw - Voted in the PFA team of the year last season

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93524442&postcount=8800
    The performance I meant.

Cross cross cross cross cross. Luckily you had one of the best headers of a ball in the league.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93524515&postcount=8807
    Reminded me of the Moyes days alright. Bad defending at the back as well, Evans must have been wearing Santas boots, was stuck under the ball all day. Jones is class though.

Blackett wasn't good at LB though imo. Had a heavy touch. Decent passer albeit. Agbolahors sending off probably harmed your chances, game went dead after that imo.

They were my posts on the topic, where's the winding up or insults?

The only winding up or insults posted were those aimed at me.
    God why do the reply to him. Do you not realise the SF will weed these kind posters out in time
    Sometimes, sometimes I like the light entertainment.

• Advertisement

I'm watching the Liverpool match. But I'm not busy watching the Liverpool match.

Gits, people say things like that because you're incessant and approach subjects in a manner that seems you're on the wind up. Also you seem to be more concerned with United than the team you supposedly support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Gits, people say things like that because you're incessant and approach subjects in a manner that seems you're on the wind up. Also you seem to be more concerned with United than the team you supposedly support.

When he spends his time in the United thread rather than watching his team cling to a victory against the 2nd bottom team, you know what his intentions are.

Timmyctc wrote: »

First post I made in the utd forum was congratulating ye on beating Liverpool. And the fact someone can't come in and make a point without being accused of being on the wind up because I'm a Liverpool fan. I made a point one day and first reply back was "Who do you support do you mind me asking".

Also I have more posts about Liverpool.

Only Jones arsing about near the end ruined what was otherwise a very good performance. Falcao played well, Rooney and Van Persie scored, Mata assisted. Young was very good.

Tough game in a couple of days against Harry Kane FC.

When he spends his time in the United thread rather than watching his team cling to a victory against the 2nd bottom team, you know what his intentions are.

Some people have the ability to do 2 things at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Good result, some nice play today. Jones switching off the only blip on the game. Roll on Sunday!

First post I made in the utd forum was congratulating ye on beating Liverpool. And the fact someone can't come in and make a point without being accused of being on the wind up because I'm a Liverpool fan. I made a point one day and first reply back was "Who do you support do you mind me asking".

Also I have more posts about Liverpool.

That's just how the soccer forum works here. You have your flag nailed to a mast and rival fans think you are deluded automatically.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah lads, drop it.

Gits, going back and quoting posts which got you carded is not intelligent. And you do always seem intent on trying to "rain on the parade" so to speak, trying to play down United wins. The main reason you're not getting a card for doing so though is that you were asked to. But I say this; a Pool fan entering a United topic every time United wins and trying to explain it away is going to be picked up as trolling to some.

Gowl, you're goading Gits. The two of you getting into these bickering contests are disruptive and derail the thread, but take this on board; I'm holding you just as responsible for this as Gits. The United thread is not for United fans only, so starting to call someone out and asking them to quote modded posts, and engaging in snotty personal battles is not on.

Both of you are straddling the line. Cop on and drop it. And others, drop the idea of backseat modding as well.

(And don't respond to this post)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

3204840swsw.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

So who makes way when di Maria is fit?

Them links are broken. I'm not getting any poems. Just gifs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Very good win, next match is a lot tougher.

That Aston Villa draw is still annoying, just like that Leicester game still annoys. But as long as we stay winning and not losing when we don't win, then one can't complain too much.

The top three looks secure at this stage. We have the firepower to maintain it and I expect some new blood in January to help out elsewhere in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Another solid win, pretty decent performance but still lots to work on once again.
    Brain dead stuff from jones to give away the penalty but thought he was very good other than that.

Very impressed with falcao once again. His movement and workfare is excellent. Didn't quite get the goal today but he got himself in some great positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Falcao has either scored or assisted in his every start. Looked good today. Assisted first goal and played key role in 2nd goal.

Rooney was excellent, RVP made some excellent runs and only Rooney was picking his runs. Mata did well in the final third. Young had good game which is becoming norm rather than exception.

Fletcher is done at top level IMO. Should have given pereira few mins as we were 3-0 up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Missed the game. Anyone know where I can watch the full game later?

Missed the game. Anyone know where I can watch the full game later?

I sent you an "unrelated" PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Once he stays fit with no serious injury, we need to sign Falcao. He is only going to get better and hopefully back to his best with more game time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

edit: saw tsc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement