Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Granted he doesnt work for Sky but Utds own Lou Macari is the most biased of all 'pundits' out there.

Paddy laughs at you

pc-580x322.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Why don't you, you know, check?

It's here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93588987#post93588987

Early kick off folks.12 noon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Shaqiri for Ander seems to be gaining pace in the rags

BILD were saying they would let him go for 12 million a few weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Shaqiri for Ander seems to be gaining pace in the rags

BILD were saying they would let him go for 12 million a few weeks ago

Wait.Like a swap? aint never gonna happen no way no how. nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

When is the last time 2 clubs swapped players? I mean relatively high profile clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Shaqiri is not well liked by Bayern fans. Similar complaints to those that don't rate Nani that highly. Would rather not swap Ander for him thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

So herrara..... What is it he supposed to have done?

I'd go for Shaquiri if he's available anyway, if for nothing else than to stop the other crowd signing him. Exactly the type of player they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Shaqiri was very average in the world cup. Would rather go for Depay if a new winger was being brought in. Definitely wouldn't swap him for Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

No Herrera can't go and break up the Spanish love triangle, he just cant :(

In all seriousness, he ain't going anywhere and personally I don't want Shaquiri. He had a good WC but I hadn't heard of him much before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Herrera will be the Fellaini off this window given his recent exclusion from the team and the match fixing thing in Spain. Pay no heed, Ander is staying.

Isn't tomorrow Spain's version of April Fools? Get ready for some serious BS rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'd go for Shaquiri if he's available anyway, if for nothing else than to stop the other crowd signing him. Exactly the type of player they need.

Do you really rate him? I've never thought he looked much cop and he looks like he'd be prone to putting on a few punts as he gets older.

Mix of Nani and Ando :pac:

Do you really rate him? I've never thought he looked much cop and he looks like he'd be prone to putting on a few punts as he gets older.

Mix of Nani and Ando :pac:

He's a poor man's Sanchez, tricky and industrious. I think he'd be a great option to have, couldn't go wrong with 12m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

zerks wrote: »

Should probably put a headphone/earphone warning on that! :pac:

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Should probably put a headphone/earphone warning on that! :pac:

Dylan is TSC.:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93560068&postcount=9121

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Uh oh, my secret of being a prepubescent ginger kid is out :pac:

For the record, my reaction was much the same :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

advertsfox wrote: »
    No Herrera can't go and break up the Spanish love triangle, he just cant :(

In all seriousness, he ain't going anywhere and personally I don't want Shaquiri. He had a good WC but I hadn't heard of him much before that.

Really? One of the most prominent European youngsters? Commonly known as the "swiss messi"? Had you heard of Herrera before United bought him?

I'm honestly amazed so many football fans are so insular. You don't have to be a football manager anorak or eurosport nerd. There is a happy medium between that and ignorance regarding any other league but the Premier League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The thing with Shaqiri is if you watch him for a few games you think he is great but watch him all season and the insufficient end product in his game becomes apparent, or so I'm told.

If Van Gaal can get out of him what Young has been doing lately, for cheap you can't go wrong tbh, he's only 23 too

Kirby wrote: »
    Really? One of the most prominent European youngsters? Commonly known as the "swiss messi"? Had you heard of Herrera before United bought him?

I'm honestly amazed so many football fans are so insular. You don't have to be a football manager anorak or eurosport nerd. There is a happy medium between that and ignorance regarding any other league but the Premier League.

I'm always amazed that stuff like that actually bothers people enough to comment tbh, I bet on a **** load of leagues and would have a working knowledge of plenty of leagues and players based on that but it doesn't bother me or surprise me in the slightest that anyone else doesn't spend their time the same way or learning about players in a foreign league.

Its hardly a big part of the day to day life, and of course you could expect someone like Shaquiri or Gaitan to use another example of player mentioned recently would be somewhat known about if not in depth knowledge, it is hardly a big deal if they are not.

Apparently Nick Powell is in talks with Bolton for a loan deal after his release from Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Apparently Nick Powell is in talks with Bolton for a loan deal after his release from Leicester.

Working with Emile Legend will work wonders

The Vidic coming back stories refuse to die:

B55R726IQAM3Hma.jpg:large

Would love Nemanja back. Absolute leader in every sense of the word. Plus, I adore his chant! Nemanja, wooahhhhh, Nemanja, woaaaahhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Would love Nemanja back. Absolute leader in every sense of the word. Plus, I adore his chant! Nemanja, wooahhhhh, Nemanja, woaaaahhh!

Except that time where he was first to jump off the sinking ship last January.

Appreciate all he's done for United but we don't need some past it 33 year old who can't hack for it mid-table Inter Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Montroseee wrote: »
    I think it's a little premature to say this. Still around 20 games left, plenty of time for everything to go pear shaped.

This.

Plus our fixture list during April and May is horrendous.

J. Marston wrote: »

Appreciate all he's done for United but we don't need some past it 33 year old who can't hack for it mid-table Inter Milan.

He doesn't have to play to be worth the investment. His experience alone would help settle that back line.

Plus, you can't hold it against the man when Moyes was asking him to watch and play like Jagielka.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Plus, you can't hold it against the man when Moyes was asking him to watch and play like Jagielka.

When did Moyes do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

When did Moyes do this?

Rio's book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

They clearly only invented that story so they can use the Vid Replay headline

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Trilla wrote: »
    Rio's book
    "A lot was made up about Moyes using Jagielka as an example to me and other defenders, but that never happened at all!"

That's what Rio Ferdinand said in his book, quoted word for word, and it's the only mention of Jagielka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well that settles that.

More made up stuff to make Moyes look bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

J. Marston wrote: »

Jump off a sinking ship? Come off it. It was March. He waited for a 2-year extension that would probably see him end his career at United but given our policy of not offering players of a certain age any more than 1 year deals (can be ridiculous at times) then it was not going to happen. He had to make a professional decision, simple as and Moyes said at the time the decision was mutual so he obviously had plans outside of Vidic. Will have nothing but love for the man and what he did for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kirby wrote: »
    Well that settles that.

More made up stuff to make Moyes look bad.

He didn't need any help. He was well capable of doing it himself

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If Vidic was to return, I would ban him from Liverpool games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Vidic. No thanks and it ain't gonna happen. Can't see Van Gaal bringing in old players from a previous regime. Utd have moved on, it's a new chapter and there's no room for bringing back old characters.

Vlaar a much more likely prospect.

adox wrote: »
    Vidic. No thanks and it ain't gonna happen. Can't see Van Gaal bringing in old players from a previous regime. Utd have moved on, it's a new chapter and there's no room for bringing back old characters.

Vlaar a much more likely prospect.

I agree, and there is a reason Vlaar isn't signing a new contract, combining that with how Van Gaal spoke about how vital Vlaar was to him in the Dutch team.
    Louis and United would love his calm presence in defense.

United are being linked with a £25 million bid for Seamus Coleman, with Chelsea reported to be interested as well.

Enzo Perez continues to be linked as well.

Any team news yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

kryogen wrote: »
    Any team news yet?

Unchanged itseems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Yep unchanged with Shaw on the bench

RobertKK wrote: »
    I agree, and there is a reason Vlaar isn't signing a new contract, combining that with how Van Gaal spoke about how vital Vlaar was to him in the Dutch team.
    Louis and United would love his calm presence in defense.

As for vidic, His form was dipping and his performances for us before he left were poor regardless of the season we were having.

But I'm still not convinced a cb is what we need. I still have belief that we have enough quality in those positions already. Again its injuries and instability in selection that has caused the problems including the introduction of 3 at the back / new formations and tactics when all the injury's and player juggling exists.

We need to spend on another cm tbh

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    We need to spend on another cm tbh

Mail is saying Arsenal are ready to bid £20m for Carvalho,we all wanted him here last season and IIRC the fee quoted was a lot more than £20 million.

Mail is saying Arsenal are ready to bid £20m for Carvalho,we all wanted him here last season and IIRC the fee quoted was a lot more than £20 million.

Very disappointed if he goes to arsenal at the price...but would take what the mail say about him with 100 pinches of salt..insert meme here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

£37 million was the buyout for us apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where's the vidic talk coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Any news on januzaj. Not even on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Papers are saying Real would want de Gea as part of a deal for Bale, hope these bull**** stories go away asap same as the Vidic ones neither will or should happen unless you are playing Fifa 15 or Football Manager 15.

• Advertisement

Any news on januzaj. Not even on the bench.

He's I'll according to the fantasy football at least

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement