Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Haha LVG is a fcuking gas man... "Will you tell us your strategy for transfers.... NO! .. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Another class interview from Van Gaal.

On the money again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

5 games unbeaten now for Spurs against us,we may cop on and get back to the days of 3 Point Lane.

Anyway,I called this as the trickiest of our Xmas/New Year games and in fairness we should have won easily but at least we didn't do something stupid after missing so many chances and lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Who will make way for Di-Maria when he gets back? Mata doesn't deserve to be dropped. It should only be RVP or Falcao playing , Falcao isn't up to the pace of the EPL yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Will be frustrating if Southampton get something from Chelsea here we should have 4 more points on them this month

Will be frustrating if Southampton get something from Chelsea here we should have 4 more points on them this month

1-0 Saints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Didn't think Rooney offered enough going forward in the second half.

It was a game made for Herrera and Fellaini we were outfought a bit in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

First half :)

Second half :confused::rolleyes::o:(:mad:

I don't know what Falcao/RVP were at in the first half with taking touches when they could/should of been shooting and a great save from Lloris from Young's cross come shot it should of been a wrap in the first half.

And Southampton 1 up against Chelsea :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Southampton won't be challenging for the top four come the end of the season. I'm cheering for them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

adox wrote: »
    Btw special mention for the ref who was awful. The yellow for Falcao was laughable.

I have never seen Moss ref a game well. He is quite possibly the worst in the league. Completely unable to stamp any level of authority on a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Today is going to be one of those horrible days where every result goes against us. I feel it in me waters.

2nd half was akin to something I'd watch on a Sunday morning on a local pitch,all kick & rush.
    Our football in the first half deserved a goal or 3,still though our unbeaten run continues.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Today is going to be one of those horrible days where every result goes against us. I feel it in me waters.

Lets jinx Chelsea,City,Arsenal and for good measure Liverpool (no threat but can't be having them winning)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If Southampton win we would be 9 points from the top, which would mean title challenge not over, and would go nicely with the earlier tweet I posted...

RobertKK wrote: »
    If Southampton win we would be 9 points from the top, which would mean title challenge not over, and would go nicely with the earlier tweet I posted...
    Absolutely agree - come on to fcuk Southampton :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Very little can be said about today that hasn't been said already, but we have to look at the fact that our bench today spells out the dire situation with injuries that we have had this season.

Asking our players to play another game in so little time is unfair and when you don't have a bench to help rotate it becomes infuriating. Fellaini, Herrara, Di Maria, Blind, Rojo would have made a massive difference today.

RobertKK wrote: »

We won't be anywhere near the title come the end of the season. Watch Chelsea steamroll Spurs.

Nothing to frighten us in the next 5 -

JAN
    1st STO (A) 12:45
    11th SOU (H) 16:00
    17th QPR (A) 15:00
    31st LEI (H) 15:00

FEB
    8th WHM (A) 16:15

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote: »
    Nothing to frighten us in the next 5 -

JAN
    1st STO (A) 12:45
    11th SOU (H) 16:00
    17th QPR (A) 15:00
    31st LEI (H) 15:00

FEB
    8th WHM (A) 16:15

No easy games in the league. I have been worried overtime united play.

Stoke and Southampton are tricky games, especially if we can't get players fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

At the moment I look forward to home games, and dread away games. I don't think it will be a win v Stoke

edgecutter wrote: »
    We won't be anywhere near the title come the end of the season. Watch Chelsea steamroll Spurs.

Every team has a bogey team, just look at Chelsea when they go to Newcastle.
    History does repeat.

Spurs against Chelsea is the same story.

Stats pointed to the Spurs game for us being tricky, Fergie had the same problem as did Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

BT are a shower of **** too.

They completely ignore Stambouli's knee high studs up tackle on Carrick but we get 28 replays of the Rooney and Kane 50/50 in the box with comments like "Could that have been a penalty?! Oh it might have been, you know!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

edgecutter wrote: »
    No easy games in the league. I have been worried overtime united play.

Stoke and Southampton are tricky games, especially if we can't get players fit.

QPR can be tricky at home too, they have a very good record there.

West Ham away would be very tough as well you would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

J. Marston wrote: »
    BT are a shower of **** too.

They completely ignore Stambouli's knee high studs up tackle on Carrick but we get 28 replays of the Rooney and Kane 50/50 in the box with comments like "Could that have been a penalty?! Oh it might have been, you know!"

Yeah I thought the ref didn't really give that a proper look in the first half alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,866 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

KH25 wrote: »
    I have never seen Moss ref a game well. He is quite possibly the worst in the league. Completely unable to stamp any level of authority on a game.

Whatever about stamping authority on a game, it's his dubious ability to determine what is a foul and what isn't and what is a card and what isn't that I have an issue with. An ability that might come in handy considering his profession, he seems to be guessing half the time.

I also agree with he poster who said we missed Felaini today. Now we didn't think we would be saying that this time last year ! We were totally out fought in the second half when it became a scrap rather then a game of football.

As for transfer policy I'd love to bring in Vertongan. Get rid of Evans. Rojo and Vertongan first choice center haves with Jones and Smalling providing the backup and competition.

Unearthly wrote: »
    At the moment I look forward to home games, and dread away games. I don't think it will be a win v Stoke

Our last 5 away games to Stoke:
    2013/14 Lost 2-1
    2012/13 won 2-0
    2011/12 drew 1-1
    2010/11 won 1-2
    2009/10 won 2-0

So we have 3 wins, a draw and a loss under Moyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Proper performance today from the washed up yesterday's man Juan Mata. Thought he was sublime from start to finish, I'll forgive him the blast over the bar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Proper performance today from the washed up yesterday's man Juan Mata. Thought he was sublime from star to finish, I'll forgive him the blast over the bar...

Ah he's past his peak, worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I feel if Rafael had of started over Valencia we would've had a more balanced attack.

Rafael was dire when he came on . Stupid and headless. IMO Valencia is ahead of him at the moment.
    Mcnair was a nervous wreck anytime the ball was at his feet and kept goofing it away. Surprised he didn't start Smalling.
    Should have won the game but spurs got things together at half time and contained us well in the second half

Liam O wrote: »
    Ah he's past his peak, worthless.

Jose must be laughing his head off, f*cking mugged us off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jose must be laughing his head off, f*cking mugged us off.

They are 9 points clear with game in hand. Would mata get near that Chelsea side.

niallo27 wrote: »
    They are 9 points clear with game in hand. Would mata get near that Chelsea side.

No, I think you misread, Jose must be laughing his head off, they mugged us off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No, I think you misread, Jose must be laughing his head off, they mugged us off.

Oh I get the humour. It's very good. The bloke got just as much abuse off utd fans but now they are making out they always backed him.

Oh I get the humour. It's very good. The bloke got just as much abuse off utd fans but now they are making out they always backed him.

Yep, we all hated him yesterday and now we love him. <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Robson99 wrote: »
    Mcnair was a nervous wreck anytime the ball was at his feet and kept goofing it away. Surprised he didn't start Smelling.

Didn't think McNair was stinking the place out but yeah he wasn't amazing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Utd get Mata for 36/37 million.

Hazard was sold for 30m + 6m-ish agents fees.

Chelsea got the better side of that alright.

Mata is back on the bench when Di Maria is fit.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Utd get Mata for 36/37 million.

Hazard was sold for 30m + 6m-ish agents fees.

Chelsea got the better side of that alright.

Mata is back on the bench when Di Maria is fit.

Don't think aanyone debating that Hazard is not the better player, dunno where that came from? I'd swap Mata and 25 million for Hazard!

duffman13 wrote: »
    Don't think aanyone debating that Hazard is not the better player, dunno where that came from? I'd swap Mata and 25 million for Hazard!

Utd had the opportunity to sign Hazard but Fergie wouldn't pay agents fees.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

WTF has that got to do with Mata?

I seem to recall Hazard being particularly unlikeable at that stage, tweeting every couple of days about which club he wanted to join (bit like LeBron James when he was going to Miami). Don't think it was agents fees but I could be wrong.

Edit: As magic said, Hazard is bringing it off topic.

There were a couple of posters popping in here laughably saying he was "past his peak". I'm just having a pop back, is that simple enough to understand?
    I'm not proclaiming him to be better than anybody else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool fans have a strange obsession with Mata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Was Mata swapped out for Hazard thought it was for Willian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Hazard chose to go to London. Pretty much the same way as Sanchez went when Liverpool thought they had him

user2011 wrote: »
    Was Mata swapped out for Hazard thought it was for Willian

I think it was Oscar keeping him out of the team. Don't think anyone was signed as a replacement. Jose just didn't like Mata, happens in every club when a manager comes in. Mata was immensely popular and say that's probably why Mourinho wasnt a fan

There were a couple of posters popping in here laughably saying he was "past his peak". I'm just having a pop back, is that simple enough to understand?
    I'm not proclaiming him to be better than anybody else.

And I'm just saying that you might be happy with Matas game today but Chelsea are the real winners.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement