Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

At least Barca's transfer ban has been upheld so they'll be buying nobody 'til 2016-that's one less club tempting any of our potential transfer targets to Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

zerks wrote: »
    At least Barca's transfer ban has been upheld so they'll be buying nobody 'til 2016-that's one less club tempting any of our potential transfer targets to Spain.

Reus to Madrid then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Spazdarn wrote: »
    Reus to Madrid then...

Good. We've got enough injury prone players as it is.

Interesting piece by Keown on some teams passing for the sake of it style,he wrote similar about United but said we are more direct in our style,not hoofball but using our strikers better by getting the ball into them quickly.

http://www.squawka.com/news/martin-keown-claims-strikers-like-christian-benteke-and-romelu-lukaku-needs-more-long-balls-to-thrive/260761

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Yeah the last 30 year we signed was just the worst.

Ah lil Mikey Owen did a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Gits_bone wrote:
    Ah lil Mikey Owen did a good job.

Great bit of business I though, scored when he was fit and who can forget the derby winner :)

beno619 wrote: »
    Great bit of business I though, scored when he was fit and who can forget the derby winner :)

And got an EPL Medal.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It's such a pity Owen was riddled with injuries throughout his United career. As a result, in the annals of time people will remember only his Liverpool career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

thelad95 wrote: »
    It's such a pity Owen was riddled with injuries throughout his United career. As a result, in the annals of time people will remember only his Liverpool career.

Twas Liverpool that fcuked him up. The man even said so himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

thelad95 wrote: »

His 94th minute intervention with THAT winner will always ensure his popularity at OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

His CL hattrick was pretty special too for us. He's an awful commentator though...literally have to watch a stream when he's on BT sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/BlindDaley/status/549975999346393088

Twill be great to see this lad back, Ander Herrera and Adnan Januzaj back training too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

irishfeen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BlindDaley/status/549975999346393088

Twill be great to see this lad back, Ander Herrera and Adnan Januzaj back training too :)

Any word on rojo or fellaini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

When Blind, Herrera, Di Maria and Fellani are back who goes in? Same for Rojo and Shaw

Arguably have 5 starters injured for the first half of the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I will never forget that Owen goal vs City. Neither will my voicebox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Also
    And just expanding on the return to training of Herrera and Januzaj, van Gaal adds: "Herrera trained today for the first time with us but, yes, they don’t have match rhythm. Januzaj has also trained two training sessions with us, but he was ill and you have to recover from your illness, not from your tiredness. Maybe it’s worse to recover from illness."

The boss is also enjoying the lifestyle in Manchester: "English life is fantastic because I have met only friendly people on the streets and in the restaurants where I come. The food is fantastic because when I came to England everybody said the food is not good, but [it is] fantastic. Also, the wine list is fantastic. I have very nice neighbours; they are all older than me but very nice. I live in a surrounding environment [that is] fantastic."

More on the fans: "I think the main reason they have supported us is because of the fighting spirit of my team. We were not always ahead in matches but they have fought to the end and a lot of times with good success, so I think we can be satisfied about the points now – 36 points."

Van Gaal: "I think the fans [have been] fantastic because we were in a moment with 11 matches and 13 points – that is not good, I think more weak than good. In spite of that, the fans have supported us always and in the right way. I want to thank the fans for that."

More from the boss: "I think everyone can see that we are improving every week in spite of a lot of injuries, and that’s because of the philosophy. I think the players understand the philosophy, and that’s why we are improving – but we can improve more when we have all the players available."

The boss adds: "There are players coming back, we have seen the first signs of that in the last two games with Rafael, Chris Smalling and Luke Shaw. They don't have any match rhythm and that's my problem, it's the case with a few players. We played three or four games in the space of a week, so we need these players now more than ever. It's now difficult for me to select the team."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Fantashhstic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Really enjoy his press conferences

Hococop wrote: »
    Any word on rojo or fellaini?
    Not that I have seen anyway lad - Rojo, Fellaini, Blind & Di Maria back fighting fit would be amazing...

LVG will earn his money in team selections if everyone is fit... it would be a lovely problem to have though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I like the look of the next couple of months fixtures

• Advertisement

I like the look of the next couple of months fixtures
    .. one game at a time - remember last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Hopefully well be able to field a strong but much changed side at Yeovil.

Would like to see Pereira and Adnan start and possibly Ando's farewell appearance ?

The thoughts of Shawcross,Whelan etc. kicking lumps out of Di Maria if he makes his comeback against Stoke isn't nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

beno619 wrote: »
    Hopefully well be able to field a strong but much changed side at Yeovil.

Would like to see Pereira and Adnan start and possibly Ando's farewell appearance ?

after the MK Dones farce and considering that so many players are lacking match practice, youd expect Rafael, Shaw, Fellaini, Blind, Adnan, Fletcher, Herrera all to play anyway plus probably Wilson

we need to do what the other clubs do and have at least our top players on standby on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Last thing I want New Years morning is seeing Stoke take lumps out of our fragile players, they don't have too many hatchet players these days though.

Last time out we had a solid enough midfield with Carrick, Ander and Fellaini and Mata in there. Can't remember much about the game at OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I will never forget that Owen goal vs City. Neither will my voicebox!

I was carried two rows fwd in OT after that goal went in, behind the goal in the family section!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Great to see Ander and adnan coming back. Would really like to see more of both of them. Great to see our list of injured players getting smaller.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would love to see Wilson and Falcao against Yeovil, with Januzaj in behind, and use it as a real confidence builder. Give Falcao even 45 minutes to try and bag a few....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Sure falcao is only a player you play in the cups against Yeovil anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Last thing I want New Years morning is seeing Stoke take lumps out of our fragile players, they don't have too many hatchet players these days though.

Last time out we had a solid enough midfield with Carrick, Ander and Fellaini and Mata in there. Can't remember much about the game at OT

Charlie Adam seems determined to destroy everything in his path en route to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship...

https://vine.co/v/OrhWipWE0TQ

To say I'm worried is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God its such a shame the player I love so much has turned into a bitter old man that just grumbles and grumbles all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

So 24 hours till the transfer window is open eh. I really really hope we sign a central defender and central midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Nolars wrote: »
    So 24 hours till the transfer window is open eh. I really really hope we sign a central defender and central midfielder.

Thats so 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Thats so 2013

And hope we finally pay off Anderson to go back to brazil once and for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

In this transfer window, we shall sign Bale, Hummels and Reus with De Gea and Anderson going to Real Madrid and Finn Harps respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

zerks wrote: »
    Swap and a few quid their way for Ronaldo and they have a deal.

RobertKK wrote: »

He never said that. It's a made up quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I love the ownership Van Gaal has, and has had on the team since he arrived, even things like saying, "my teams fighting spirit"

Its a stark contrast to last season and a very welcome change

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He never said that. It's a made up quote.
    Made up by Nicky Butt by the sounds of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I loved the last press conference even more, the journalists saying he said some things, and he said he didn't, he explained he was answering questions. Then he said "I can go" and stood up. Great stuff, he has them by the balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

nuxxx wrote: »
    I loved the last press conference even more, the journalists saying he said some things, and he said he didn't, he explained he was answering questions. Then he said "I can go" and stood up. Great stuff, he has them by the balls

He has to shut the **** about this christmas football thing, every team has to do it. It has always been the case in England and no one is going to change it because of him. Other than that he is good to watch and his honesty in a world of bull**** is great to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Happy Birthday to the greatest football manager of all time and the legend who is SIR Alexander Chapman Ferguson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

nuxxx wrote: »

What do you mean? What does he gain over them? The press are the press. They are just there so they can write their articles and will do so no matter what LVG says or not.

At the end of the day it's about 3 points on the pitch. There's no points won in a presser.

My favourite quote from the great man as I'm sure it is for every Man Utd fan.

The response was delivered like a cobra strike, quick and brutal. "My greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fecking perch," Ferguson said. "And you can print that."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Happy Birthday to the greatest football manager player of all time Liam O

Aww didn't think you'd remember :p

Liam O wrote: »
    Aww didn't think you'd remember :p

All the success you have achieved how could I ever :D

Anders Lindegaard on best dancer at #mufc: “Phil Jones – if he gets on the dancefloor, the whole party is saved.”

Imagine the faces he pulls when he dances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Something like this I'd imagine.
    http://youtu.be/EZHEBxeb6Ak

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement