Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

RasTa wrote: »

Love this man and the hold he is taking at United. I really hope he is the one to bring the club back to continued success and therefore he will be with us beyond 3 years. Each week that passes I can see the improvement which is being spoken of. For me though, the one thing that cannot be reiterated enough is that he has made this progress pretty much without his Summer signings available for selection amidst a genuine injury crisis.

Never mind football, the bantz out of him is gas also;

LVG on English life in general, paraphrased from the above press conference (starts @6.48)

LVG: People tell me before I move to England that the food is not good, but it is fantastic...

Reporter: Oh can you tell us what is your favourite?

LVG: Chinese food...from Wing's restaurant.

Louis then looks confused and dead serious at a room of reporters breaking into laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wonder if United will bid for Howedes in January, get Vlaar on a free in the summer along with buying Hummels then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Faint chatter/gossip of Hernandez heading to AC Milan on loan as we try and get Adil Rami in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Faint chatter/gossip of Hernandez heading to AC Milan on loan as we try and get Adil Rami in.

Has he done much at Real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Has he done much at Real?

Worth the loan fee alone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

now the barca ban has been upheld, I think Marco Reus will be joining Real next summer, Bale will join utd (I hope)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Great video here for all of you, who want to reminisce about 1999, It is taken after the great night in Turin. Quite rare footage I would imagine. Worth a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Yeah, so rare that it's on YouTube with a very clear heading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yeah, so rare that it's on YouTube with a very clear heading.

lol, do you know what rare means?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

bangkok wrote: »
    now the barca ban has been upheld, I think Marco Reus will be joining Real next summer, Bale will join utd (I hope)

Perez fairly adamant yesterday Bale would not only stay but see out his career at Real. Not like Perez to be commenting on his own team he must actually like Bale.

Trilla wrote: »
    lol, do you know what rare means?

I know what he meant. I was only acting the gowl.

It's probably the only one of few videos I have seen of players after any match.

That camera man city have in the tunnel is a really nice touch.

right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I wouldnt mind Hernandez returning to OT....Wilson seems still very raw...I also wouldn't mind Shawcross returning when I seen his name mentioned earlier. Hows Rami got on? He only joined them permanently this summer? Milans defence has been poor if they want rid off him already I'd be worried

right

Good man. Think you knew that before you commented on it though.

Glad I had to spell it out for you though.

bangkok wrote: »

No. There is no chance of Reus going to Madrid just so they can sell bale.

It dosent make sense. More chance of Reus coming here, and I would prefer that considering he will be about 100 million cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It's probably the only one of few videos I have seen of players after any match.

That camera man city have in the tunnel is a really nice touch.

Off topic but what does "gowl" mean in your neck of the woods? Cos round my part it's another name for ladies private parts:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Off topic but what does "gowl" mean in your neck of the woods? Cos round my part it's another name for ladies private parts:confused:

As do twát and çunt but people can still act as both.

As do twát and çunt but people can still act as both.

haha, gowl is a more of a country word mostly used by teenagers, from my experience anyways. I hope I'm not acting the cúnt here by pointing that out :)
    Good man. Think you knew that before you commented on it though.

Glad I had to spell it out for you though.

Genuinely didn't, you think wrong.

Anyways moving on... is the Fellaini and Rojo injuries a lot worse than previously feared?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

No. There is no chance of Reus going to Madrid just so they can sell bale.

It dosent make sense. More chance of Reus coming here, and I would prefer that considering he will be about 100 million cheaper

in the same way they sold di maria and signed james?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Yeah financially it would make sense if they managed to get Reus for 20... even if it's not Bale leaving, one of the other attacking players would still fetch well over that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I dont know about the rest of ye but id be fuming if Utd went and spent over €100million on Bale.
    Spend that on sorting out the defense and buy a winger with potential to be great..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That gowl stuff is quite childish

I dont know about the rest of ye but id be fuming if Utd went and spent over €100million on Bale.
    Spend that on sorting out the defense and buy a winger with potential to be great..

100 million and he'll never nudge Ashley Young out of the team.

Buy a defence please LVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Would be madness to pay more than Madrid did for him

Stick with our original offer that was reported to be about 60 million last summer I believe

Anyways moving on... is the Fellaini and Rojo injuries a lot worse than previously feared?

Although I haven't consulted with the google machine, I think it's a broken rib Fellaini is out with, and if I'm not mistaken a similar injury sidelined Herrera for a good few weeks earlier on in the season. Hope to see him back real soon though, apart from his last game i loved the progress he was making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'd be happy to spend that on Bale. The bloke is 25 and already minimum top 10 in the world with the potential and drive to usurp the big 2 as they get a bit older. If the money is there, why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I'd be happy to spend that on Bale. The bloke is 25 and already minimum top 10 in the world with the potential and drive to usurp the big 2 as they get a bit older. If the money is there, why not?

If the money is there to buy him and another 2 or 3 world class defenders/midfielder then ok... But i doubt it is. And that type of spending cant be repeated each season.

For the record... I dont really believe the bale to utd stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The Guardian reporting that we're going to try sign Coleman in January and if not then, the Summer. Fantastic player but I can't shake the feeling that Everton would take us to the cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Blatter wrote: »
    The Guardian reporting that we're going to try sign Coleman in January and if not then, the Summer. Fantastic player but I can't shake the feeling that Everton would take us to the cleaners.
    wouldnt want coleman tbh..Rafael still 24 two yaers younger than Coleman and can develop in a better full back. Valencia future looks to be as a full back also

wadacrack wrote: »
    wouldnt want coleman tbh..Rafael still 24 two yaers younger than Coleman and can develop in a better full back. Valencia future looks to be as a full back also

Coleman is better than them.

As much as I'm having a turn of feelings for Valencia, he isn't a right back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Coleman has shown he is head and shoulders above our RB options.

He's better than Rafael in the sense that he can actually play consecutive games without injury and he's better than Tony V because he can cross a ball.

A section of what BBC thinks we need and are linked with:

What they need in a nutshell: Patience to wait for the right man at the back

But rather than spending big to get somebody now, they are better off waiting for the right player in the summer.

Linked with:
    Ron Vlaar, 29, CB (Aston Villa)
    Virgil van Dijk, 23, CB (Celtic)
    Diego Godin, 28, CB (Atletico Madrid)
    Aymeric Laporte, 20, CB (Athletic Bilbao),
    Sami Khedira, 27, DM (Real Madrid),
    Kevin Strootman 24, DM (Roma),
    Juan Cuadrado, 26, RW (Fiorentina),
    Nicolas Gaitan, 26 FW (Benfica),
    Gareth Bale, 25, FW (Real Madrid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Coleman has shown he is head and shoulders above our RB options.

He's better than Rafael in the sense that he can actually play consecutive games without injury and he's better than Tony V because he can cross a ball.
    What would United be without a player on the right that checks back and plays it behind him 30 times a game though?

Really losing the morality of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Don't think their is much between Rafael and Coleman to be honest. Rafael is underrated and Coleman is overrated.

The fact that Rafael can't keep fit obviously means Coleman would be a good signing. I would have been happier if we nabbed Janmaat for a few million in the summer as competition for Rafael.

wadacrack wrote: »

Apart from Coleman being the better player, Rafael just isn't available enough. I'd even rather a slightly worse player that didn't miss half the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

There's very little between Coleman and Rafael apart from Rafaels fitness problems.

Valencia is a stop gap in that position and nothing else.

Van Gaal obviously prefers to play four at the back so genuine cover at least is needed in the RB position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Paddy Power at it again :D

B6L2bjFCYAAzCbD.jpg

That is so cruel :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

adox wrote: »
    There's very little between Coleman and Rafael apart from Rafaels fitness problems.

Valencia is a stop gap in that position and nothing else.

Van Gaal obviously prefers to play four at the back so genuine cover at least is needed in the RB position.

I like Rafael but Coleman is on another level. His output is outrageous for a RB and isn't a bad defender either.

• Advertisement

Apart from Coleman being the better player, Rafael just isn't available enough. I'd even rather a slightly worse player that didn't miss half the season.

There's also the fact that Rafael almost guarantees a yellow every game, and also the added fear of a red.

Coleman is definitely better.

Spazdarn wrote: »
    There's also the fact that Rafael almost guarantees a yellow every game, and also the added fear of a red.

Ah the discipline nugget .

No, he dosent. Regardless , Coleman is better at this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

PP are the scurge of betting sites.

Can't they stick to giving shítty odds and not honouring their bets instead of trying to be comedians.

Ah the discipline nugget .

No, he dosent. Regardless , Coleman is better at this time.

No he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Serious case of Deja Vu at the min..

Anyways, Rafael has been red carded I think once in the last two and a half years. Would you consider Ivanovic one of the best RB's in the league or world even?

Squawka shows Ivanovic is the best and then Coleman and lastly Rafael in that trio.
    I like Coleman for a few reasons, I think he adds a bigger threat when attacking compared to Rafael.
    He is good defensively and I would like an Irish player playing at a top club again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Coleman is miles better than Rafael at every aspect of his game. I want Rafael to come good as much as anyone, but the reality is that he can't stay fit, and can be a liability even when he is. Coleman is in the Top 5 RBs in the world, we'd be mad not to go for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

20 million for Coleman? Yes that will do

Rafael doesn't have a string of red cards to his name but he is rash, I don't think there's any disputing that.
    In fairness to him, he does be disciplined enough not to pick up the second yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Liam O wrote: »
    I like Rafael but Coleman is on another level. His output is outrageous for a RB and isn't a bad defender either.

That's the thing though, he's not really all that great defensively and as a result Everton have never asked him to defend much for them. As we have seen with Valencia/Young, Louis wants his fullbacks to be good defensively or else he whips out the 3-5-2.

Not saying I wouldn't be happy to get him (though my main issue would be his transfer fee) but he sometimes gets overrated a lot on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In the last 3.5 seasons for us he has 22 yellow and one reds in just under 100 appearances. By your logic Shola Ameobi "almost guaranteed a goal" every time he stepped on the pitch for Newcastle.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement