Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pro. F wrote: »
    Coleman had full defensive responsibilities under Moyes. Ivanavic and Zabaleta didn't look defensively superior to Coleman at that time. Martinez's management prevents his players from looking good defensively.
    There are two minor problems with this argument: he didn't, and they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Billy86 wrote: »
    There are two minor problems with this argument: he didn't, and they did.

We're not going to agree so might as well just leave it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We're not going to agree so might as well just leave it there.

Business as usual then. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

The first problem with that goal was Shelvey pushing up field and then not getting back quick enough, leaving Britton to cover too much space. Then Fernandez didn't tuck in behind Williams when he came out to the ball, if he had he would have been in the area where Lallana received the one-two. Then Shelvey stopped dead instead of chasing Lallana who was running off the back of Britton, although Shelvey probably wouldn't have gotten there, he still should have been trying. Britton didn't do anything wrong on that goal.

While he's not completely at fault you can't say he did nothing wrong. He shouldn't have stepped out of the defensive line when he did. Once he created that gap the rest of the backline were all over the shop trying to close the gap he left behind. He made a major mistake for the goal. As you say though there are other culprits too, shelvey mainly from what i can see as he just stood there and watched. If britton had stayed where he was there would have been time for other players to cover across as there would still have been some structure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

On the subject of right backs, what's peoples thoughts on Clyne?

I love Rafa, and still think that if he can get fit and stay fit, there'll be very few better than him.

___

Oh and someone asked about Seamus Colemans club history - he had a couple of seasons with Sligo Rovers before signing for Everton 4 or 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

While he's not completely at fault you can't say he did nothing wrong. He shouldn't have stepped out of the defensive line when he did. Once he created that gap the rest of the backline were all over the shop trying to close the gap he left behind. He made a major mistake for the goal. As you say though there are other culprits too, shelvey mainly from what i can see as he just stood there and watched. If britton had stayed where he was there would have been time for other players to cover across as there would still have been some structure.

I don't get what you're talking about saying he stepped out. Maybe tell me the exact time on the video that it happens (or the exact time on the game clock if that's simpler).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyway lads and lassies happy new year to all. What a difference from this time 12 months ago.

The continuos injury crisis is the real major concern but I honestly believe we are in more than a safe pair of hands with Van Gaal.

2015 is going to be an exciting year for Manchester United and that really makes me happy(in a football context!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I don't get what you're talking about saying he stepped out. Maybe tell me the exact time on the video that it happens (or the exact time on the game clock if that's simpler).

Sorry stepped up is probably better. 5.24 in the clip. I think he was rash moving that quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Spazdarn wrote: »
    There's also the fact that Rafael almost guarantees a yellow every game, and also the added fear of a red.

Coleman is definitely better.

Honestly, posts like this should be card worthy at this stage

Al Capwned wrote: »
    On the subject of right backs, what's peoples thoughts on Clyne?

I love Rafa, and still think that if he can get fit and stay fit, there'll be very few better than him.

___

Oh and someone asked about Seamus Colemans club history - he had a couple of seasons with Sligo Rovers before signing for Everton 4 or 5 years ago.

I think its a shame we didn't get him when linked a couple of years ago, going to be great I think, very good already and can play left back also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

kryogen wrote: »
    Honestly, posts like this should be card worthy at this stage

I think people confuse the "always gets a yellow card" and the "can't trust him".

Take for instance the Leicester game, he was fouled. But he lost his head and gave the ref a chance of giving a peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

adox wrote: »
    Anyway lads and lassies happy new year to all. What a difference from this time 12 months ago.

The continuos injury crisis is the real major concern but I honestly believe we are in more than a safe pair of hands with Van Gaal.

2015 is going to be an exciting year for Manchester United and that really makes me happy(in a football context!)

Well technically speaking 12 months ago utd were closer to the top than they are now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well technically speaking 12 months ago utd were closer to the top than they are now.

I keep seeing this being brought up (and usually by Pool fans too), but it's fairly obvious that things are in a far, far better state than this time last year. I'd argue it's the fact things are obviously on the up for United (and on the down for Pool) that provides the reason Pool fans want to continually cling onto that one "negative" reading of the stats :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I keep seeing this being brought up (and usually by Pool fans too), but it's fairly obvious that things are in a far, far better state than this time last year. I'd argue it's the fact things are obviously on the up for United (and on the down for Pool) that provides the reason Pool fans want to continually cling onto that one "negative" reading of the stats :P

It is a fairly important stat in fairness. There is no doubt utd are in a better place but it's seens Van Gal can do no wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'd rather finish 10 points behind the leaders in third than 8 points behind in 6th.
    That's the bit that really matters.

I'd rather finish 10 points behind the leaders in third than 8 points behind in 6th.
    That's the bit that really matters.

True true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

True true.

It's always position over points, the league varies in difficulty each season, there's not much point comparing the points. Liverpool would have won the league many a season with last years tally but it counts for f*ck all when it's not enough in the season you just finished.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I think people confuse the "always gets a yellow card" and the "can't trust him".

Take for instance the Leicester game, he was fouled. But he lost his head and gave the ref a chance of giving a peno.

Great, take for instance some other game, where something happened, and something something.

Also, consider the time something nearly happened, but then it didn't.....but it could have, thats the important thing to remember, it could have.

• Advertisement

It is a fairly important stat in fairness. There is no doubt utd are in a better place but it's seens Van Gal can do no wrong.

Its not actually, at no point last season did we see a 9 game stretch in the league that brought in 7 wins and 2 draws and considering we are in 3rd spot this season and given the blistering start Chelsea had compared the point difference right now is hardly hugely important.

If it seems 'Louis' can do no wrong I think you should probably read more of the thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Christ even when I'm trying to wish people a happy new year and a brief few words on Utd you have to chirp in with a nothing comment looking for a rise.

Pretty sad.

Its not actually, at no point last season did we see a 9 game stretch in the league that brought in 7 wins and 2 draws and considering we are in 3rd spot this season and given the blistering start Chelsea had compared the point difference right now is hardly hugely important.

If it seems 'Louis' can do no wrong I think you should probably read more of the thread?

A club like utd should always judge themselves on how close they are to winning the title.

adox wrote: »
    Christ even when I'm trying to wish people a happy new year and a brief few words on Utd you have to chirp in with a nothing comment looking for a rise.

Pretty sad.

You are right. Have a good night.

A club like utd should always judge themselves on how close they are to winning the title.

Opposed to a club who judge themselves on how close they are to 4th.

Yes, which will only be known at the end of the season, so like I said, its a pretty meaningless point you made, and considering 3rd is closer to top then 6th........................................................................................................well................

zerks wrote: »
    Opposed to a club who judge themselves on how close they are to 4th.

Yes your right. Expectations are different. Some clubs are happy to stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

2 naggins are enough :) .. happy New Years lads n ladies ... United 4ever!.. 21 here we come.

Do we know when Di Maria is going to be fit again?

• Advertisement

Do we know when Di Maria is going to be fit again?

Looks like the FA cup game according to LVG.

You are right. Have a good night.

Ooh nice ninja edit there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,641 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ooh nice ninja edit there.

Do tell what was it?

I suspect it was naughty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

All the best for 2015...would be happy with 3rd this season,another 80m+ spent well in Summer to bolster defence especially and a genuine title and European assault next season.

Headshot wrote: »
    Do tell what was it?

I suspect it was naughty

Just a happy new year with a hint of sarcasm and homeroticism.

Do tell what was it?

I suspect it was naughty

It was
    Happy new year love.

But then I thought no need to be a wanker and forget about it.

• Advertisement

Just a happy new year with a hint of sarcasm and homeroticism.

No surprise with that certain poster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Great, take for instance some other game, where something happened, and something something.

Also, consider the time something nearly happened, but then it didn't.....but it could have, thats the important thing to remember, it could have.

Sarcasm really is overused. Lowest firm of wit.

Rafael will be replaced iby a season or two.

No surprise with that certain poster

Bit harsh. At the end of the day we all love a bit of football. We probably would have the craic on the beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Bit harsh. At the end of the day we all love a bit of football. We probably would have the craic on the beer.

Indeed.

But if it were to ever happen it would just be a group of lads huddled in another corner bitching about posts from others while he is off not giving a ****, probably kissing men just to spite them.

You know what its probably is harsh alright, there alot worse Liverpool fans that posts in their thread than you.

Your not the worse Niallo

• Advertisement

I'll bring one of my mates,his fave saying when drunk is "I fucking hate Man United".He'd fit in well with you lot.

IMG_2145.png

I'll bring one of my mates,his fave saying when drunk is "I fucking hate Man United".He'd fit in well with you lot.

But sure we are all drinking together like one big liver utd super group happy people organization.

Mata is so handsome

The fecker

But sure we are all drinking together like one big liver utd super group happy people organization.

The mods would be in the lounge with the doors locked.

The mods would be in the lounge with the doors locked.

Fuvk the mods. Shower of **** anyway.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Sarcasm really is overused. Lowest firm of wit.

Rafael will be replaced iby a season or two.

Is grammar nazi-ing almost as low in terms of firming of wit?

Sarcasm is not used enough

Happy New Year the lot of ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Happy New Year y'all.

Absolutely, we have opposing views a-plenty but your a good egg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement