Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

K4t wrote: »
    -Di Maria is not better than Hazard. Both great players and they've both been outstanding this season, though Hazard has played against much better opposition thus far.

Come on now, Di Maria is better then Hazard, both are incredible players but if given a choice you would be taking Di Maria all day, if not I would worry. He has everything Hazard has and more.
    K4t wrote:
    -Don't really know how you can say Mata is better than Oscar who is a key man in the team currently running away with the league and also a key figure for the Brazilian national side whereas Mata can't even get a game in the Spanish team (or Utd's for that matter).
    Oscar fits Jose's Chelsea better then Mata, thats it at this point, huge talent, huge potential, right now Mata is superior. I will ignore the silly international argument as you know how irrelevant that is. I do feel the need to point out that the Mata can't get a game for United is just plain dumb though. We have played 7 league games, he has started 5 and come on as a sub in 1. He has missed 1 game where was an unused substitute, how the **** is that a guy who cant get a game??
    K4t wrote:
    -Fabregas is clearly a better player than Herrera. Nothing to be ashamed about, Herrera is still quality.

Agree 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Oscar will be the next player dropped by Jose, especially if he picks up Khedira and sits himself and Matic in the middle with Fabregas behind Costa.

Has been a bit below par for a while. Mata's goalscoring also belies some average performances.

Bit early to judge Di Maria in England yet isn't it? Not saying he won't prove to be better than Hazard but playing so few games in the Premier league against very average opposition it's impossible to say yet and a pointless comparison. Yet.

Can you not judge him on his career before he came to The Best League In The Worldtm?

Personally, my eyes tell me Di Maria is a better player then Hazard, but just like there is no shame in saying Fabregas is better then Herrera, there is also no shame in Di Maria being a better player then Hazard, he is still quality

Oscar will be the next player dropped by Jose, especially if he picks up Khedira and sits himself and Matic in the middle with Fabregas behind Costa.

Has been a bit below par for a while. Mata's goalscoring also belies some average performances.

Maybe not dropped as he really is a cracking player, does so much work without the ball also, but he might be moved around a bit I feel if Jose reverts to type so to speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I don't think there is much between Di Maria and Hazard, Hazard just needs to be a little more consistent which I think he is doing so far this season. Di Maria also needs to add more goals to his game which again judging by the start of the season he is doing. I'm sure no Chelsea fans would swap Hazard for Di Maria and vice versa United fans. It is very close and there is arguments to be had for both players.

Just caught Harrys press conference where he kinda tears into Taraabt, enjoyed it, good for the game that kind of honesty, but surely he cant be serious that Taraabt is picking up 60-70k a week?! That is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

kryogen wrote: »
    Just caught Harrys press conference where he kinda tears into Taraabt, enjoyed it, good for the game that kind of honesty, but surely he cant be serious that Taraabt is picking up 60-70k a week?! That is madness.

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zerks wrote: »

Be interesting to see if this deal will actually sellout the stadium

I'd well believe it, QPR have a huge wage bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

We are back down to 6th. back to where we belong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Come on now, Di Maria is better then Hazard, both are incredible players but if given a choice you would be taking Di Maria all day, if not I would worry. He has everything Hazard has and more.
    I disagree. I think Utd fans are overrating Di Maria (only Utd fans could do this).
    Oscar fits Jose's Chelsea better then Mata, thats it at this point, huge talent, huge potential, right now Mata is superior. I will ignore the silly international argument as you know how irrelevant that is. I do feel the need to point out that the Mata can't get a game for United is just plain dumb though. We have played 7 league games, he has started 5 and come on as a sub in 1. He has missed 1 game where was an unused substitute, how the **** is that a guy who cant get a game??
    He has been pretty ineffectual in those games. If you're honest with yourself, you'll admit that Mata has been on a whole slightly disappointing in light of what was expected of him when he signed. I'm willing to give him time though as he is obviously a quality footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

zerks wrote: »

I think that's great from City. Not going to sell out? Might as well get something out of it.

If I'm a dad whose kid wants to watch regular football in Manchester, I know where I'd be bringing him/her. CL football for a 6th of what you'd pay for two Arsenal CL games

I disagree. I think Utd fans are overrating Di Maria (only Utd fans could do this).

He has been pretty ineffectual in those games. If you're honest with yourself, you'll admit that Mata has been on a whole slightly disappointing in light of what was expected of him when he signed. I'm willing to give him time though as he is obviously a quality footballer.

Have you finished **** over Welbeck yet?

No, thanks for reminding me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Have you seen much of Di Maria before he came to United?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

He didn't mention Mata's performance, you spouted nonsense about him not getting games, and now you're just shifting goalposts cause you were proved wrong, it's obvious what you're at.

Also lol @ Hazard being better than Di Maria, deluded.

Don't talk about the new Henry like that.

He didn't mention Mata's performance, you spouted nonsense about him not getting games, and now you're just shifting goalposts cause you were proved wrong, it's obvious what you're at.

If Hazard played for United and Di Maria for Chelsea would you say the same? No problem with people thinking Di Maria is a better player but it's not at all deluded to think Hazard is. Two outstanding players and two of the best in the league.

• Advertisement

Have you seen much of Di Maria before he came to United?
    Not a whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Not a whole lot.

Have a butchers at that.

Not a whole lot.

So your coming to the conclusion that Hazard is a better player based on what? 4 or 5 games Di Maria played in a team adapting to a new manager and system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He goes through keyboards like no tomorrow

He doesn't get games for Spain and has largely been reduced to a substitute role at Utd. Which is true.
    I never said Hazard was better. Now you're just shifting goalposts cause you were proved wrong, it's obvious what you're at.

I never said Hazard was better. Now you're just shifting goalposts cause you were proved wrong, it's obvious what you're at.
    So what is it? They are the exact same?

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »

Have a butchers at that.
    I'm pretty sure there is a longer video somewhere of Falcao. Di Maria is a fantastic player and was great for Real, I'm not denying that, and he will be judged accordingly on his performances for Utd. No need for this argument really.

Johner wrote: »
    If Hazard played for United and Di Maria for Chelsea would you say the same? No problem with people thinking Di Maria is a better player but it's not at all deluded to think Hazard is. Two outstanding players and two of the best in the league.

I'd still be saying that Di Maria is better, the only reason there is a debate at the moment, is because people obviously don't watch La Liga.

I'm not putting Hazard down, he is an amazing player on his day, but Di Maria is still definitely a level or two above him. (Not to say, that Hazard won't reach, or even surpass him, but at the moment, he is not on par with him, imo.)

We should always judge players based on how long there YouTube video is.

Should we base it off how awful the songs are too?

Can anybody else not see how stupid it is to compare 4 game Di Maria to 2 season Hazard?

I never said Hazard was better.

Come on now, Di Maria is better then Hazard, both are incredible players but if given a choice you would be taking Di Maria all day, if not I would worry.

You quite clearly did (While in the meantime getting a dig in at United fans, afaik that's frowned upon :pac:)

At least have the balls to stand by what you've said, although as I've said, it's obvious what you're at.

• Advertisement

Can anybody else not see how stupid it is to compare 4 game Di Maria to 2 season Hazard?
    Yes.
    So what is it? They are the exact same?
    No.

You quite clearly did (While in the meantime getting a dig in at United fans, afaik that's frowned upon :pac:)

At least have the balls to stand by what you've said, although as I've said, it's obvious what you're at.
    You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills, my friend.

No.
    So Di Maria is not better than Hazard and he's not the same... That leaves worse, which you said you didn't say?

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills, my friend.

Typical from someone like you, you won't even argue your point, you just change the subject and move goalposts, another one for the list, g'night.
    So Di Maria is not better than Hazard and he's not the same... That leaves worse, which you said you didn't say?

Leave him off, he makes a point; get's proved wrong; makes new point(while also ingnoring your rebuttle) and the cycle continues, not worth the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

For the love of god. I cannot believe ye are arguing about di Maria. Have you no shame.

Top 3 signings of this season

Costa, fabregas and a close third is Di Maria. He is a proven La Liga player coming from a top side. Creates and scores. Hazard or Di Maria.....who cares, both are class and every team in the PL would kill to have either of them.

There is no discernible difference between the two which allows one to emphatically say one is better than the other, similar to Ronaldo/Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Lads ye're awful touchy this evening.

Definitely rate Di Maria higher on currently ability, he's doing the business for United now, and was unbelievable for Real the last few seasons two.

There is no discernible difference between the two which allows one to emphatically say one is better than the other, similar to Ronaldo/Messi.

Well then you shouldn't be calling people out when they say one is better than the other. Obviously other people will be able to seperate them even if you can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You think people would know by now not to reply to him

Headshot wrote: »
    You think people would know by now not to reply to him

It's sometimes better to show people up so that there's no doubt as to what they're trying to do.

• Advertisement

Well then you shouldn't be calling people out when they say one is better than the other. Obviously other people will be able to seperate them even if you can't.
    So my point is invalid because I choose not to pick a side? Stop being so precious. This is a forum, not a schoolyard kickabout with your 'shifting goalposts'.

So my point is invalid because I choose not to pick a side? Stop being so precious. This is a forum, not a schoolyard kickabout with your 'shifting goalposts'.

I never said anything like that. You can have your point and you can let others have theirs.
    I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I said your point is invalid, you're posting some absolute crap again. I've enough of it, g'luck.

I never said anything like that. You can have your point and you can let others have theirs.
    I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I said your point is invalid, you're posting some absolute crap again. I've enough of it, g'luck.
    Without any debate or discussion? That's not how a forum works..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We haven't a hope of winning the League this season. Chelsea and City are head and shoulders above the rest.

However, Arsenal and Liverpool are all over the shop and Spurs are a joke so I reckon we'll comfortably make top four.

This season is about getting Champions League football, bedding in the new players and the new style and turning Old Trafford back into a fortress.

Our aim should be to win the League and the Champions League next season...end of.

This pretty much sums up what I think .

I will add though that if we are within 6 points or less behind either Chelsea or City by Christmas I don't see any reason why we can't catch them for 2nd or the top.

We won't have fixture pile ups if they go far in Europe.

Priority is getting into CL yes, but don't want let standards slip either.

Next few games will give us indication though as to if what I said is even possible.

I think you're posts should be invalid after your love in and hyperbole about Welbeck.

I think you're posts should be invalid after your love in and hyperbole about Welbeck.
    I believe every word I say about Welbeck. With a bit of good fortune, he will be world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Di Maria is the best player in the PL imo. I wish Liverpool offered Real Suarez(once they knew he was going) to try & get Di Maria as part of the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MD1990 wrote: »
    Di Maria is the best player in the PL imo. I wish Liverpool offered Real Suarez(once they knew he was going) to try & get Di Maria as part of the deal

He would have been wasted at loverpool

scudzilla wrote: »
    He would have been wasted at loverpool

Doubt it, replacing a big name with a big name was what they needed to do more than anything.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rodgers would probably have taken Morata instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement