Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

K4t wrote: »
    Rodgers would probably have taken Morata instead.
    Id prefer Jese once he recovers from injury. Wonderful talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What did he say?

Im sure someone has answered this by now, but just in case

K4t wrote: »
    I disagree. I think Utd fans are overrating Di Maria (only Utd fans could do this).
    Ridiculous.
    K4t wrote:
    He has been pretty ineffectual in those games. If you're honest with yourself, you'll admit that Mata has been on a whole slightly disappointing in light of what was expected of him when he signed. I'm willing to give him time though as he is obviously a quality footballer.

Right, now are you sure you are happy with the goalposts where they are or would you like to move them again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Headshot wrote: »
    You think people would know by now not to reply to him

So... lets get a new conversation going

Out of the Keanes, McNair, Lingard, Blackett, Wilson and James, which one do to think will have a long United career?

Will Hernandez, Nani or Zaha ever play for United again?

How likely is it we'll sign Strootman and a CB in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trilla wrote: »

Out of the Keanes, McNair, Lingard, Blackett, Wilson and James, which one do to think will have a long United career?

I think McNair and Blackett will have a future at utd in terms of squad players but James will be the shining light :)

Chico will be back but the others are gone.

I have no idea about january transfer window. It be hard to get any top quality CB and there's not much choice out there at the moment either.

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »

Though I would love to say Blackett, I think maybe he has a shot and Wilson if he continues to progress, really tough for strikers to break through at the club though. Other then that, not really no. Maybe as squad depth but most will move on I feel

Hernandez no
    Nani probably not
    Zaha no

Dunno about Strootman but I think unless the centre backs improve between now and January we could dip in there..... A leader back there would be nice, lets see if Jones can stay fit for a while, maybe he and Evans can form a good partnership, or possibly Rojo.

Strootman will probably be next summer if he is coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

It's funny how left brained we are when it comes to certain things like football and films, where people debate endlessly about who's a better player or which film is the best.

It's like asking someone to choose which is better between a pizza and a steak. Each one has aspects that the other doesn't. A person would never say "pizza is the best food", instead they'd probably say it was their personal favourite.

With this in mind, I wonder what stops us from looking at football in a more subjective manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Fakman87 wrote: »
    It's funny how left brained we are when it comes to certain things like football and films, where people debate endlessly about who's a better player or which film is the best.

It's like asking someone to choose which is better between a pizza and a steak. Each one has aspects that the other doesn't. A person would never say "pizza is the best food", instead they'd probably say it was their personal favourite.

With this in mind, I wonder what stops us from looking at football in a more subjective manner.

It's clearly steak.

Yeah I think Chico will leave.

Hopefully McNair is more Shawcross \ Evans than a Mcshane :-)

I like the look of Wilson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's clearly steak.
    I concur!

fillet-steak-14_1_15.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Would never turn my nose up at either a pizza or a steak to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Fakman87 wrote: »

I think it's clear that the emotional investment many fans have in their team creates this bias. And obviously without that emotional involvement and rivalry, football and sport in general would generate significantly less revenue than what it currently does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I reckon we'll comfortably make top four.

Jaysus Larry that's a far cry from this nonsense earlier in the year :pac:
    The club is descending into farce.

F..k Di Maria. Yes...f..k Di Maria. Wasting £50m on a winger when our midfield and defence are a shambles is a complete joke. This is a disastrous transfer for the club.

Regardless of what the fanboys would like you to believe, Mata was a bad signing. A lazy overrated player who couldn't get into Chelsea's first team and who Mourinho wanted shot of. The guy's done nothing to justify his reputation since he arrived. A panic buy who wasn't needed on the basis that we have Kagawa who has been treated appallingly since he joined.

Herrera - Another laughable signing. A non international who nobody else wanted yet who still cost £30m?

Meanwhile Cesc Fabregas looks like Roy Keane mixed with Xavi at Chelsea, all for £30m? Laughable.

I'll say it now...Van Gaal hasn't got a clue. His glory days are behind him and he's just here for a payday. This is a Scolari scenario and he'll be gone within a year. The club is going down the toilet from a football perspective and the only man who could have saved it (Mourinho) was deemed unfit by Bobby Charlton.

We're f..ked lads...there isn't a hope in hell of us finishing 4th unless we sack Van Gaal and appoint a manager who has actually achieved something in recent years.

Also, am I going crazy, or was there a Google Chrome extension a few years back where you could put someone on the ignore list, and then all traces of them disappeared(posts, quoted posts and stuff like that)?

If so, does anyone know what it is? (Remember it was mentioned here a good while back)
    MD1990 wrote: »
    Id prefer Jese once he recovers from injury. Wonderful talent.

Crazy, if he was at any other club, the hype would be absolutely insane around him!

He is going to be exceptional some day I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Belated Happy Januzaj day. Signed 5 year deal on 19th Oct last year.

I remember as I got married on the very same day :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Belated Happy Januzaj day. Signed 5 year deal on 19th Oct last year.

I remember as I got married on the very same day :p

Congrats on the marriage but Januzaj has to do a lot more to show he's anything other than a silver lining from last season. I don't know what it is but I just don't see it with him. Has talent but lacks that something special everyone thinks he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm really excited about tonight's game, I much prefer the late kick-offs. 20:00 is the perfect time for football. Saturday and Sunday games should be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I'm really excited about tonight's game, I much prefer the late kick-offs. 20:00 is the perfect time for football. Saturday and Sunday games should be the same.

Especially when you live somewhere 7 hours behind. Afternoon kick off :D Woo! Although the last afternoon kick off (Germany v Ireland) resulted in a very sore day the next day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Crazy post...

Think of the travelling fans, and not the TV audience.

Crazy post...

"I" prefer the 20:00 kick-offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Crazy post...

Bit extreme, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Also, am I going crazy, or was there a Google Chrome extension a few years back where you could put someone on the ignore list, and then all traces of them disappeared(posts, quoted posts and stuff like that)?

If so, does anyone know what it is? (Remember it was mentioned here a good while back)
    This one?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Crazy post...

the majority of people watch it on TV though, a tiny, tiny minority travel, so the majority should be catered to, obviously.

France, Italy and Spain have late games almost every match day. Often at 22:00 or even 23:00 in Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

France, Italy and Spain have late games almost every match day. Often at 22:00 or even 23:00 in Spain.

Society tends to stay up later there, plus less travelling fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Think this settles the Di Maria v Hazard argument

https://twitter.com/SirAlexStand/status/523914733834227712

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Think this settles the Di Maria v Hazard argument

https://twitter.com/SirAlexStand/status/523914733834227712

Classic I must say.

So the Drog builds hospitals in The Ivory Coast so he is the bestest player in the world ever ever ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Would never work in England on the basis that many fans would get pissed off their heads all afternoon and evening leading to trouble for the police.

I'm not stereotyping either. The tiny minority who would do this would of course ruin it for everyone else.

Also, would it be fair to make Southampton fans travel to Newcastle for an 11pm kick off on a wet January Tuesday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You know it snows and gets pretty cold in Spain too, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

thelad95 wrote: »
    Would never work in England on the basis that many fans would get pissed off their heads all afternoon and evening leading to trouble for the police.

I'm not stereotyping either. The tiny minority who would do this would of course ruin it for everyone else.

Also, would it be fair to make Southampton fans travel to Newcastle for an 11pm kick off on a wet January Tuesday night?

I don't think the Sunderland fans enjoyed their trip back from Southampton this weekend despite the relatively nice weather and early kick off.

• Advertisement

thelad95 wrote: »

Well I did say 20:00, how many more times do I have to say it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

its fine the way it is. Good mixture of times for games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

anyone see messi refusing to be substituted at the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Headshot wrote: »
    You think people would know by now not to reply to him

I'd appreciate it, surprised hes still around tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bangkok wrote: »
    anyone see messi refusing to be substituted at the weekend?

No I have not.

Any video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Thougt it was well known by now that Messi is a bit of a wánker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can you imagine if Ronaldo was a tax fraud and did that.

I'm excited for tonight's game. I'm hoping for 3 goals at least from United and a stormer from Falcao and Di Maria would be nice too. It'll really settle the team into focus mode for the Chelsea game.

Can you imagine if Ronaldo was a tax fraud and did that.

Exactly. I never got the whole Messi saint thing anyway. He had his "diving" and tantrum moments too...

He's no Alves, Suarez, Pedro or Busquets but I never took to him. Fantastic player, just never took to him.
    Thougt it was well known by now that Messi is a bit of a wánker

In my eyes yes! He just a bit sneakier than Ronnie. I love Ronnie <3<3<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

28 minutes ago

Mata: 'Manchester is the real, pure England. In London, everyone does their own thing, life's so fast. The people in the North are closer.'

22 minutes ago

Mata: 'U fall in love with the Premier League. I've always loved British futbol, its pitches...& the culture: music, fashion, the Mod thing'

18 minutes ago

Mata on the Spanish clan at United: 'Myself, Herrera & De Gea live on the same street as each other, so we hang out a lot together.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lets hope Mata is back scoring too, or at least assisting Falcao for goals.

At least with Rooney suspended, we will have Mata playing against Chelsea, United will score against Chelsea.

Hopefully tonight Mata will impress enough to give LVG some headaches for future matches.

baz2009 wrote: »
    28 minutes ago

Mata: 'Manchester is the real, pure England. In London, everyone does their own thing, life's so fast. The people in the North are closer.'

22 minutes ago

Mata: 'U fall in love with the Premier League. I've always loved British futbol, its pitches...& the culture: music, fashion, the Mod thing'

18 minutes ago

Mata on the Spanish clan at United: 'Myself, Herrera & De Gea live on the same street as each other, so we hang out a lot together.'

I'd watch the shít out of that sitcom

COME ON UTD I LOVE YOU YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I LOVE YOU TOO UNITED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I'm not sure that I can express my love, I mean it's a big step. I mean I like United, I really like you, and we have great times together, but you know, love, it's a big step. I'm not looking for anybody else, no way, just, i don't know, love...sh1t I thought things were going well and now this!

I love United, but I'm not in love with United.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I like like United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Utd have broke my heart a few times through the years... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

I want UTD to sit on my face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I want UTD to sit on my face

Van Gaal ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement