Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

madcabbage wrote: »
    Everybody was rushing to the bookies till you said that! :p

Meh. I'm not up my own hole and precious about paddy power slagging man utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Blatter wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Januzaj start tonight ahead of Mata. A young player like that needs opportunites and tonight might be a good time to give it to him considering Chelsea, City and Arsenal are coming up and Rooney will be back soon.

You have got some of these calls spot on from past.

IMO if we were 4-5 points better off I could see it, but I don't think we can afford to rest players, but then I'm not LVG.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

This guy has got our line ups correct in the past...

@sbates_people: Hearing whispers from #MUFC camp Januzaj MAY start , Falcao on bench but unconfirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

We go to The Hawthorns to liberate not to conquer. We will not fly our flags in their stadium. We are entering West Brom to free a people and the only flag which will be flown in that ancient land is their own. Show respect for them.
    There are some who are alive at this moment who will not be alive shortly. Those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others I expect you to rock their world. Wipe them out if that is what they choose. But if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.

The Hawthorns is steeped in history. It is the site of the First English Marathon, countless league cup games and the birthplace of Bryan Robson. Tread lightly there. You will see things that no man could pay to see and you will have to go a long way to find a more decent, generous and upright people than the West Midlanders. You will be embarrassed by their hospitality even though they have nothing. Don't treat them as refugees for they are in their own county. Their children will be poor, in years to come they will know that the light of liberation in their lives was brought by you.

If there are casualties of war then remember that when they woke up and got dressed in the morning they did not plan to die this day. Allow them dignity in death. Bury them properly and mark their graves.

It is my foremost intention to bring every single one of you out alive but there may be people among us who will not see the end of this campaign. We will put them in their sleeping bags and send them back. There will be no time for sorrow.

The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of hell for Alan Irvine. He and his forces will be destroyed by this coalition for what they have done. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity.

It is a big step to take another human life. It is not to be done lightly. I know of men who have taken life needlessly in other conflicts, I can assure you they live with the Mark of Cain upon them. If someone surrenders to you then remember they have that right in international law and ensure that one day they go home to their family.

The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please.

If you harm the regiment or its history by over-enthusiasm in killing or in cowardice, know it is your family who will suffer. You will be shunned unless your conduct is of the highest for your deeds will follow you down through history. We will bring shame on neither our uniform or our nation.

.As for ourselves, let's bring everyone home and leave The Hawthorns a better place for us having been there.

Our business now is South-West

Its like you're after stumbling off the set of a Lord Of The Rings film

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Delboy5 wrote: »
    This guy has got our line ups correct in the past...

@sbates_people: Hearing whispers from #MUFC camp Januzaj MAY start , Falcao on bench but unconfirmed

Falcao on bench? Wtf , hope this is BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/524258864666275840

Wouldn't look to far into Falcao being dropped, he travelled very far with Columbia.

Delighted big Phil is back.

Good to see Jones back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guessing it's...
    De Gea
    Raf - Jones - Rojo - Shaw
    Blind - Herrera
    DiMaria - Mata - Januzaj
    RVP

Like the looks of it, though long term would want Falcao over RVP....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Falcao dropped van persie i just dont get that move

Well thats screwed up my bet and my fantasy thanks a lot louis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

where did Falcao go for the international matches? Travel could do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

sky88 wrote: »
    Falcao dropped van persie i just dont get that move

Well thats screwed up my bet and my fantasy thanks a lot louis

RVP back two days before Falcao seems to be the reason according to LVG

Say just tiredness, as well as trying new formations.

Also, drop RVP for Falcao there, and who captains the team? No one else with the experience at United unless you give it to a kid or someone whose only played for United for 4 games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They'll be war if my man Falcao isnt first choice in the following games to come after tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Say just tiredness, as well as trying new formations.

Also, drop RVP for Falcao there, and who captains the team? No one else with the experience at United unless you give it to a kid or someone whose only played for United for 4 games...

De Gea, Jones? Feck it ill even give it to Di Maria, Doesn't matter how many games they've played!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Guessing it's...
    De Gea
    Raf - Jones - Rojo - Shaw
    Blind - Herrera
    DiMaria - Mata - Januzaj
    RVP

Like the looks of it, though long term would want Falcao over RVP....

I think we will play diamond with Januzaj as striker. Van Gaal mentioned Januzaj as striker in one of his older interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Nolars wrote: »
    Any legal sites ya can can get most of Utd games in 1080p on?

You won't get that legal or otherwise. Legally, TV is your best bet and even then I think its only broadcast at 1080i max, I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

he does what he wants!

10710738_673298382815697_3738428857000028151_n.png?oh=2aace302143a6ed51ad6d0f7208dff0f&oe=54BC1E56

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Means something else in Amsterdam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Unfortunately that is exactly what you don't want happening with your central defense. We need two of them to stake a claim and then build a partnership.

While that's ideal, we do need to give the other lads gametime. I'm not saying rotate everyone, just pointing out that we have definite first choices at lb and rb without much in the way of backup imo but cb has more younger players who will need to get gametime to develop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

If falcoa dosent come on will I get my bet refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If falcoa dosent come on will I get my bet refunded?

If you backed first goal and someone scores before he comes on you get you're money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is it too much to ask for a nice easy win? No drama please...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Is it too much to ask for a nice easy win? No drama please...

Apparently yes...

We are playing well now. Im happy so far besides the dodgy defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Going forward look very good van persie still not at his best though. Di Maria has been great.

Defending so poor most the time fear what Chelsea and city could do to that defence......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's really annoying that West Brom have time to get 8 behind the ball before we begin an attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Herrera is having a mare.

Herrera is having a mare.

Rib injury might be a factor or just having a bad game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We're not even crap, we're just painfully average. A nothing side who play nothing football.

Shift the ball left, team plod and shuffle to left. Shift the ball right, team plod and shuffle to the right. Ends with a nothing cross or a pointless ball over the top.

Fourth? Not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Falcao should be playing Van Persie should be dropped unless he has great second half and even then.

Won't happen though.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    We're not even crap, we're just painfully average. A nothing side who play nothing football.

Shift the ball left, team plod and shuffle to left. Shift the ball right, team plod and shuffle to the right. Ends with a nothing cross or a pointless ball over the top.

Fourth? Not a chance.

The formation and tactics look like they have reverted back to what we had at the start at the season.

The last two match's we were better balanced...for about 60 mins of each.

I want two up front. Falcoa and RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It would be madness to wait till 60th min mark to make changes. Falcao should be on for RVP and Rooney > every attacker bar Di Maria.

Could Sky say United haven't lost at The Hawthorns one more time please? I didn't hear it the first 5 times.

Bar Di Maria and Rafa its been awful.

Not even pressing and when we do its all over the place.

Get the **** in go wan

He actually did somthing, this will go down in the history books

Hon fellaini

Edit: Wrong thread.

While I am at it, GET OVER TO THE MATCH THREAD! Every game, it's the same people. Use the match thread PLEASE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I never lost faith

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Edit: Wrong thread.

While I am at it, GET OVER TO THE MATCH THREAD! Every game, it's the same people. Use the match thread PLEASE.

Just curious, what is the issue with people posting in here during the match? Ive seen warnings in the past but never saw a rationale for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I hate Mike Dean

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Just curious, what is the issue with people posting in here during the match? Ive seen warnings in the past but never saw a rationale for them

My only issue with it is the inconsistency about it, you will find other superthreads are allowed to discuss matches without any problem at all, even when there is a match thread.

Match threads are just painful to read

If you have a question about mod decisions and/or requests, PM a mod. Will happily discuss it. In the meantime, its standard boards policy to not start discussions about mod decisions publicly unless its in a feedback thread on the relevant forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Get the funk in

GET IN MY PANTS DALEY BLIND, GET IN THEM

I mentioned this just recently but Blind has been a brilliant buy, I had my doubts but he has looked so composed out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Januzai needs to go out on loan, he's had a shocker tonight.

Januzaj was very poor and selfish. RVP had one good moment but needs to be dropped. Mata didn't do much. Raf messed up the offside trap and let them score the second.

Blind was good. Falcao showed good glimpses. and happy to see Fellaini score too.

But it's two points dropped and a kick in the confidence ahead of the toughtest match we'll have all season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Januzai needs to go out on loan, he's had a shocker tonight.

+1

Bizarrely out of place playing for a top 4 team. Nowhere near the level.

Touch, decision making and execution all very ordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Awful, awful result.

West Brom played the whole game desperate for a draw and we're the ones barely escaped with a point. Not good enough.

The sooner Phil Jones is sold, the better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement