Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Blind absolutely can be pressed. He's not the quickest, is slight so not that dynamic physically and doesn't look to have an abundance of tricks. He also tires towards the back end of matches. Having said that, he's two or three steps above Cleverley. Much better defensive side to his game, better passer, more versatile. It's not a contest between them.

The team in general only looks to have an hour of puff in them though. We're not seeing games out like we should, we've lost control of the match pretty cataclysmically against Leicester and Everton. The demands that 4-3-1-2 is placing on our central midfielders looks to be taking a lot out of them. Di Maria gasses on '70, Herrera goes a bit before that but has a late wind in the last few minutes. Blind looks wrecked late on too. It's not helped by our front two being pretty immobile no matter who they are. None of Falcao, van Persie or Rooney will work the channels with enough dynamism to utilise the system as effectively as it could be, and to ease the physical demand on the wider two central players who have to come wide and high towards the box to make up for it. Welbeck would have been ideal in the system, but that didn't work out. That's my biggest worry ahead of the games against Chelsea and City, that we'll run out of legs before the end of the game and we could suffer pretty badly for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

BzWRGFWIQAA-3KG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

advertsfox wrote: »
    BzWRGFWIQAA-3KG.jpg

Sleeping probably, or recovering from jet lag

Brilliant and clear fan footage of the goals and saves against Everton - http://vimeo.com/108071591

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Impossible, Paddys pockets could not possibly fit a human and to think he wouldnt notice. madness. Clueless and deluded you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Brilliant and clear fan footage of the goals and saves against Everton - http://vimeo.com/108071591

03.15 I'm dying laughing if you listen to what he says lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Good footage alright, only noticed at the end Naismith giving big Dave congrats for the save, nice touch alright. Missed it watching the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Never noticed naismith going over to DDG to congratulate him on the save at the end. Nice touch that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Never noticed naismith going over to DDG to congratulate him on the save at the end. Nice touch that!

Like that guy. Decent player too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cant stand people who go to gigs, sporting events etc and watch it through their phone.

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    Cant stand people who go to gigs, sporting events etc and watch it through their phone.

Well its not like his phone covers his whole field of vision, people are well able to record something on their phone when they know something is gonna happen and still watch.

Cant stand people who think they are 3 school 5 school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Jebus, Fellani totally loses his man for the free at the end. It actually wasn't his man that took the shot in the end but since he had totally stopped Mata had to cover his man leaving him to 'not cover' theirs.

Watch that vimeo at the end and Fellani is left for dead!

So is Rojo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

xtal191 wrote: »

maybe he had a camera on his head like a gopro?

Blind absolutely can be pressed. He's not the quickest, is slight so not that dynamic physically and doesn't look to have an abundance of tricks. He also tires towards the back end of matches. Having said that, he's two or three steps above Cleverley. Much better defensive side to his game, better passer, more versatile. It's not a contest between them.

The team in general only looks to have an hour of puff in them though. We're not seeing games out like we should, we've lost control of the match pretty cataclysmically against Leicester and Everton. The demands that 4-3-1-2 is placing on our central midfielders looks to be taking a lot out of them. Di Maria gasses on '70, Herrera goes a bit before that but has a late wind in the last few minutes. Blind looks wrecked late on too. It's not helped by our front two being pretty immobile no matter who they are. None of Falcao, van Persie or Rooney will work the channels with enough dynamism to utilise the system as effectively as it could be, and to ease the physical demand on the wider two central players who have to come wide and high towards the box to make up for it. Welbeck would have been ideal in the system, but that didn't work out. That's my biggest worry ahead of the games against Chelsea and City, that we'll run out of legs before the end of the game and we could suffer pretty badly for it.

I didn't think it was stamina that was the problem, I think it's the mentality that's come from last season/start of this season. We need to be more imposing towards the end of the game and not withdraw deeper. It's nervousness.
    We've largely controlled the opening 45-55 minutes of the past couple of games, so the other team should be more fatigued. But we withdraw, get nervous and invite them onto us when they have no right to get back into the game. We're hugely lacking experience at the back too. I think we'll see it become less common if we manage to put a decent run together and gain some composure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What. A. Tool.

Imagine being sat next to him all season long. Bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I rather seeing the players celebrate than the constant replays and replays of the goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Headshot wrote: »
    I rather seeing the players celebrate than the constant replays and replays of the goal

I love seeing Cup Final footage after the final whistle goes and the lap honour.

When you win something you have different reactions with people depending on your relationship with them. The exception being how Roy Keane used almost injure team mates during goal celebrations whether he liked them or not. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nobodys fault, but Im seek of seeing Roy Keane's face or name lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Kirby wrote: »
    What. A. Tool.

Imagine being sat next to him all season long. Bloody hell.

Dozens of TV cameras at every game and that twat thinks he needs to record it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Look if he wants to record the game to reflect on it or share it with his mates later, then let him do it. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it stupid. I'm sure he has phenomenal battery life and I'm sure him recording the game doesn't effect his view, or anybody elses, and it's great to watch for those of us who can't get over for enough games.

However, literally just screaming "AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" as a reaction to things would be really, really annoying to sit beside. Or at least it was to hear. When I'm happy I tend to shout YES! or a string of expletives, I don't react how I would if I got out of the shower and someone was standing there holding a knife.

Still, I turned the volume down and enjoyed the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I liked the video. It's cool seeing the extended footage of the players celebrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I recognise his voice, he has being uploading those videos for the past 3 seasons now. He has got some good footage and seems to go to every game

J. Marston wrote: »
    I liked the video. It's cool seeing the extended footage of the players celebrating.
    And the crowds reaction is quality, esp to the peno save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I do think it's a bit mad to be recording so much but his angle is class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Dozens of TV cameras at every game and that twat thinks he needs to record it. :rolleyes:

Their phone is probably better defined in any photo taken, than their fuzzy selfie head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just because you don't like something doesn't make it stupid.

Thats where you're wrong.

Thats where you're wrong.

Woah schnukums, I decide what is right around here.

I'll shift you if you disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Its looking like the only game that won't be on TV before January will be Stoke at home on 2nd Dec (assuming Setanta pick United at 3pm on Saturdays) by far and away the most broadcast club in Ireland - good going for a team who finished 7th last year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

RasTa wrote: »
    I recognise his voice, he has being uploading those videos for the past 3 seasons now. He has got some good footage and seems to go to every game

That Falcao song is rubbish. Hopefully a new one will pop up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

irishfeen wrote: »
    Its looking like the only game that won't be on TV before January will be Stoke at home on 2nd Dec (assuming Setanta pick United at 3pm on Saturdays) by far and away the most broadcast club in Ireland - good going for a team who finished 7th last year :)

Wonder if it'll be shown on Beinsports or one of the Scandinavian stations maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Yeah that lad is the lad who used to always upload the player celebrations for the past few seasons. He used to act like a twat on his youtube. Horrendous grammar too iirc :P But I enjoy the videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

irishfeen wrote: »

So this will be the Inaugural Boards.ie Man United thread trip to a game?

I might have a read of Keano's book to keep me going over the international break, from what I've seen so far I like it...

ZGVgHn8.jpg?1

Wonder if it'll be shown on Beinsports or one of the Scandinavian stations maybe?
    Definately - it will be shown across the world except in Ireland and England ... It will be among the easiest to get on the Internet - even English commentary from states no doubt.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    So this will be the Inaugural Boards.ie Man United thread trip to a game?
    Ha a bit of a session :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

paulbok wrote: »

its a great chant when you just want to stand there and act the clown while watching the match.

its one of those ones that can be sang for 10 minutes at time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

its a great chant when you just want to stand there and act the clown while watching the match.

its one of those ones that can be sang for 10 minutes at time.

Reminds me of the 'Viva Ronaldo' chant in that regard.

To be fair, the Falcao chant is one he's had since Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

paulbok wrote: »

What?!

It's absolutely fantastic. Madrid fans did it first and I for one am absolutely ****ing delighted we are keeping it instead of trying to stuff his name into KC and The Sunshine Band - Give It Up or Seven Nation Army like every club seems more than happy to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The only problem I have with the Falcao song is that the name Radamel is a huge part of it and he himself prefers not to be called it!

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What?!

It's absolutely fantastic.

ive had it on repeat play for the last 5 minutes :o

i love those sort of chants, as compared to U-N-I and all those pete boyle inspired ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Don't know if anyone noticed - referring to the video of the goals scored + De Gea saves - when De Gea made the last save, I loved the way when he got up off the ground, Naismith held out his hand to shake hands with De Gea. I love that, great sportsmanship. Great to see an opposing player congratulate a fellow player. Love it.

For anyone that is interested, it is around the 4:50 mark;

http://vimeo.com/108071591

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Irish94 wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone noticed - referring to the video of the goals scored + De Gea saves - when De Gea made the last save, I loved the way when he got up off the ground, Naismith held out his hand to shake hands with De Gea. I love that, great sportsmanship. Great to see an opposing player congratulate a fellow player. Love it.

For anyone that is interested, it is around the 4:50 mark;

http://vimeo.com/108071591

That guy who recorded it, what an annoying twat, did he actually record the whole game??

scudzilla wrote: »
    That guy who recorded it, what an annoying twat, did he actually record the whole game??

Ah leave him be. If that's how he gets his enjoyment from the game then who cares.

His form of celebration though "AHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHAA HAA HAA! AHHHHHHHHH!"

Mother of Jaysus.

scudzilla wrote: »

my problem with him is how on earth he gets tickets for seemingly every single away game.

he must have a camera thats fixed to his hat or something, no way he would sit there for 90 mins with phone in his hand.

There is no way thats a phone. great quality to be able to zoom in so close.

If he wasnt shouting, it wouldnt be so annoying but its still pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

my problem with him is how on earth he gets tickets for seemingly every single away game.

he must have a camera thats fixed to his hat or something, no way he would sit there for 90 mins with phone in his hand.

I think you're seriously underestimating how bad some people can be. I once saw a guy film an entire metallica concert while he was standing 5 feet from the band. So a guy filming entire matches doesn't sound that far fetched to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

The zooming in and out suggests to me that he's actually more interested in his recording than the game, he was asking his mate who gave away the penalty and then he seemed unsure who would take it for Everton...ie he either didn't know Baines was on the pitch because he's twiddling with his phone so much or he just doesn't know who takes penalties for Everton and lacks basic knowledge.

He would annoy the f*ck out of me now at a game.

Seems like a great quality phone though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i love those sort of chants, as compared to U-N-I and all those pete boyle inspired ones.

In the blaze before the qpr game and pete was conducting the crowd for chants (which he always does) and he had one for di maria that i thought was utter sh!te....really hope it doesnt catch on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

KH25 wrote: »
    I think you're seriously underestimating how bad some people can be. I once saw a guy film an entire metallica concert while he was standing 5 feet from the band. So a guy filming entire matches doesn't sound that far fetched to me.

Drives me insane, at one of the Springsteen gigs last year a guy literally stood there (close enough to us, in the pit) and watched the entire thing through his tablet. I mean (actually thats probably a bit strong, does my tits in but I get over it quick enough by feeling very sorry for the individual...) for **** sake are you there to enjoy the experience or not?

Has happened at numerous concerts I have been to and I will never understand it. Goes against what its about to me, was the same in the Aviva for Roger Waters last year actually, and OCS in the Olympia! Last year was a particularly bad year for it obviously, must be getting more and more common

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement