Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TBH these are the games I love.

I love the fact nobody is giving us a chance. The more 0-3 wins to the away team I see the better.

The more people think we are getting spanked the better.

OT will be rocking on Sunday.
    Viva John Terry!!!

I want to hear the Falcao chant for 90 minutes. It's so bloody catchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

J. Marston wrote: »
    I want to hear the Falcao chant for 90 minutes. It's so bloody catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJ8oAjP4cw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

He's BACK! Great view and reactions this time from the man in the stadium with the camera "SHUTE, STUUUTE" :)

http://vimeo.com/109564969

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

advertsfox wrote: »
    He's BACK! Great view and reactions this time from the man in the stadium with the camera "SHUTE, STUUUTE" :)

http://vimeo.com/109564969

Thought Fellaini was going to do a Ketsbaia after he scored and start laying into the advertising board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Lovely angle for the Fellaini goal, actually looks even better there.

Be interesting to see if VG plays him this weekend, seeing as he looked fit enough and did more than Herrera.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'd say Fellaini has earned himself a spot in the starting line up for the Chelsea game for sure. Herrera may have aggravated his rib injury and Di Maria is a doubt apparently.

Could be a midfield of

Blind
    Fellaini

Valencia
    Mata
    Young

I really hope Falcao starts this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I think if Di Maria is fit he should play behind RVP and Falcao. Give his usual spot to Fellaini. Then someone else (Herrera?) beside him and Blind behind.

Or Herrera in front of Fellaini and Blind. Little bit more cover for the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think playing Fellaini with Blind would be a good idea, yes he would add physicality and he is a good midfielder but against Chelsea and top midfielders his clumsiness will be highlighted, he will get booked within 10 minutes imo and be a walking red as long as he's on the pitch

I'd rather Ander over him, and Carrick over Ander, first game back or not I'd trust Carrick to do what's needed more than the other two in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I don't think playing Fellaini with Blind would be a good idea, yes he would add physicality and he is a good midfielder but against Chelsea and top midfielders his clumsiness will be highlighted, he will get booked within 10 minutes imo and be a walking red as long as he's on the pitch

I'd rather Ander over him, and Carrick over Ander, first game back or not I'd trust Carrick to do what's needed more than the other two in this game

I was considering Carrick but I'm not too sure whether he should be thrown into the deep end after the lay-off. I do think that playing the midfield 'triangle up' is a good idea though to help the defence and combat Chelsea's attack.

I think the main issue here is our lack of options. I would play di Maria ahead of Mata based on form. Then somebody needs to take his place in the team. I think defence will be key in the game which is why I'm leaning toward Fellaini as he can break up play and be a general nuisance. Herrera at the front of the triangle can do the attacking. Outside of Fell and Carrick, who else is there? It's not a game to play Fletch in IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i wouldnt mind a 4 3 1 2 because i cant see him dropping rvp

de gea

raf jones rojo shaw

felani carrick blind

Di Maria

Falcao rvp

if di maria is injured mata comes in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Along with this threads obsession with including jan into line ups. Those who are guilty need to stop saying

'Rvp won't be dropped because he is Dutch'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

whats the deal with rooney. when is he back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I'd like to see Carrick back in for Sunday myself buy he's scheduled to play for the u21's on Friday so can't see it happening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

whats the deal with rooney. when is he back

After the Chelsea game.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

sky88 wrote: »

de gea

raf jones rojo shaw

felani carrick blind

Di Maria

Falcao rvp

This but leave RVP out and play de maria and Jan on the wings go 451, either winger moving central if required

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The defence should stay compact the opposition want to pull the centre half out of position like they did with Jones. So what if someone has a bit of space on the ball 60 yards from your goal they still have to play through an organised back line to score. When Jones steps out it leaves a huge gap to exploit between Rojo and Rafael which they did and Rafael should also have stepped up or tucked in. Jones and Rafael are to blame for that goal.

Depth in defence is vital. A back four who stay square, and don't rearrange themselves to regain depth when the midfield leave a player with the ball unmarked in front of them, are not an organised back four. The reason there was a gap behind Jones is because Rojo, and to a lesser extent Rafeal, didn't cover him like they're supposed to. What they're supposed to do is tuck in narrow behind the player stepping out, making a triangle, and mark any players that need marking. It should be automatic, one of them steps up, the others tuck in and mark. If they had done it right they would have had plenty of time to pick up Berahino.

What you are describing, the defenders staying in a line, leaves you open to easy through passes. It doesn't matter that the back four were 40-50 yards out, the unmarked player with the ball was only 10 yards in front of them. If Jones hadn't stepped out they would have been caught square immediately and any decent pass would have played Berahino in for a race on goal.

Rafeal should not have stepped up. Trying to play offside when there is very little pressure on the ball is the wrong thing to do.
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Rafael is hardly a mind reader. Jones was in line with Rafael once he ran forward Rafael had no time to react before the ball was played through. Same with Rojo he had very little time to even attempt to run across to Berahinio.

The defenders were compact and Jones lunging forward opened the whole defence. If he is going to make that move forward he must win the ball or give away a free.

The fact is a West Brom player had space 50 yards from goal their was no need for Jones to run out of position he takes all the blame for that goal imo.

I think I've addressed all the other points, but just on the bolded: there is no need to win the ball or commit a foul when you have cover behind you. Jones had the rest of the back four behind him and only one opposition player, no way he should be making desperate a challenge on the ball in that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

sky88 wrote: »

de gea

raf jones rojo shaw

felani carrick blind

Di Maria

Falcao rvp

Do not like that team at all 3 defence midfielders and leaving all the attick play on Di Maria will not end well as no way in hell he would last 90 mins doing all the working on the pitch.

Then a lot will be expected out of Raf and shaw to be nearly out and out wingers i would have more wait playing 5 at the back again and using the wing backs as basically wingers.

Would love to see Utd play with a proper 4 - 2 - 3 -1

But the problem lies is that mata is a number 10 and Rooney can play there to so you would have to pick up plays there. I would move Di Maria out to the wing as he can play on both sides and try and get anther winger who can swap around with him on the pitch. With Falcao upfront and use RVP as a impact sub.

Midfield you need a strong boss of a player who will basically kick the crap out of anyway with using the other centre as kind of playmaker free role.

But what do i know i am some random guy who plays 400+ hours of football manager a year .... LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

That's it closing my account.

Don't want to live in a world where he's not a UTD player.

PS

GavRedKing is a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

PS

GavRedKing is a tool

Did I miss an argument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Hococop wrote: »
    Did I miss an argument

That's exactly what I was thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Did I miss an argument

Yes the argument to end all arguments

Headshot wrote: »
    Yes the argument to end all arguments

May I ask what it was about?

May I ask what it was about?

Who is the most handsome utd player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Jesus lads Coronation Street is getting fierce exciting.

ElChe32 wrote: »

I know gail is playing for real madrid against liverpool, never saw that storyline coming

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ElChe32 wrote: »

Ever since it lost Michelle Keegan it hasnt been the same,

Just cant replace talent like that

Just couldn't accept Chadwick comes a close second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thread has got better. Let's hope it's a trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

660194-962737ce-f4e9-11e3-9eee-86d74a63fbdc.jpg

PS

GavRedKing is a tool

</3

mE1v054.gif

All the best looking girlies are in emmerdale now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Happy for Ronaldo tonight, he showed how he has improved, he did something he never did when with us.
    Pity he will most likely never play for us again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I am both happy and confused.

You fans in here that are using the humour thread to slag pool are half of a problem that ruined the best thread in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I am both happy and confused.

You fans in here that are using the humour thread to slag pool are half of a problem that ruined the best thread in this forum.

I tend to ignore that thread as a whole. Its just 2/3 LFC posters posting pics about united and vice versa, with a massive contingent from both sides circle jerking either sides posts. (Granted I did pop my head in just now and laughed and thanked one) BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT.

Ronaldo coming back to United anyways. He's done it all now, after having scored at Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

PS

GavRedKing is a tool

wuDPL8e.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I wonder who Glock Lesnar was, the sceptic in me believes he wasn't a United fan anyway :p

On a related note I'll miss rarnes' weekly out/in cave pics in the humour thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Ángel di María is expected to be fit for Sundays match against Chelsea, as he has recovered from a thigh injury suffered vs WBA. [telegraph]

Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

She's like Chelsea though....her talent is bought. I prefer homegrown talent if you get what I'm saying. :D

the movement of Ronaldo in the final 3rd last night was class, a joy to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The fake Ronaldo was a joy to watch last night.

Cristiano Ronaldo has 56 more champions league goals than the brazil Ronaldo :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »

If he had to go to hospital it doesn't look good for him, Remy a major doubt too as is Drogba who is not fully fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

He'll play alright. :(

Just hope that RVP doesn't start but that isn't likely either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Rooney is going to be a huge loss as he often pulls something out of the bag in the big games.

Mata will no doubt be invisible again. How anyone can say he's a better 10 than Rooney is beyond me. He had 1 amazing season for Chelsea and that was it.

I haven't seen anything at United to suggest he's good enough for the role on a full time basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

bangkok wrote: »
    Cristiano Ronaldo has 56 more champions league goals than the brazil Ronaldo :eek::eek:

how many games has each played in the CL?

BloodBath wrote: »
    Rooney is going to be a huge loss as he often pulls something out of the bag in the big games.

Mata will no doubt be invisible again. How anyone can say he's a better 10 than Rooney is beyond me. He had 1 amazing season for Chelsea and that was it.

I haven't seen anything at United to suggest he's good enough for the role on a full time basis.

Chelsea player of the season for two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Reus scored and absolute blinder with his bad foot last night

I hope we are in for him when he eventually moves

Reus scored and absolute blinder with his bad foot last night

I hope we are in for him when he eventually moves

Where would he actually fit in this team?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement