Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its the 2nd time Liverpool have dropped points in league after playing in Europe.

It may be the main reason City lost too. They looked sluggish.

We dropped our share of points after European games too so hopefully for Chelsea this continues tomorrow .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Its the 2nd time Liverpool have dropped points in league after playing in Europe.

We dropped our share of points after European games too so hopefully for Chelsea this continues tomorrow .

That would be great if United weren't dropping points without Europe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Moyes spotted in Milan, Sky Italia linking him to the Inter job... Vidic back anybody??? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Liverpool spent 90 minutes chasing Real Madrid. City travelled thousands of miles. Chelsea basically had a training match at home on Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Moyes spotted in Milan, Sky Italia linking him to the Inter job... Vidic back anybody??? :pac:

With the speculation (I don't believe it) around why Vidic left I would piss myself laughing if Moyes was to become his manager again.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Liverpool spent 90 minutes chasing Real Madrid. City travelled thousands of miles. Chelsea basically had a training match at home on Wednesday.

Yeah I would not be expecting any European hangover for them tomorrow, if they had a tougher game or had to travel, couldn't rest players when cruising maybe, but not the way that game went.

I think we have the attackers to trouble anybody, they just need to gel properly yet. The signs are there which is good, but the teams defending has got to be better or Chelsea will score at least 2 I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Probably just finishing his scouting of Vidal

Does not matter. They both dropped points with some reason because of midweek.

It is asking bit much to expect Chelsea fall into that I will admit but from top 4 perspective it is helping us.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Since United completed their signings in the last transfer window, United have scored at least two goals at least per game.
    The problem is defending, if we can do a decent job defending tomorrow, there is a chance, it is not like Chelsea haven't been leaking goals in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

RobertKK wrote: »
    Since United completed their signings in the last transfer window, United have scored at least two goals at least per game.
    The problem is defending, if we can do a decent job defending tomorrow, there is a chance, it is not like Chelsea haven't been leaking goals in the league.

Leaking goals? 2nd best defence in the league and 3 of the 8 were against Everton when we won by 3 goals.

Weve let in a goal a game and scored roughly 2.8 per game. Ill take that ratio tomorrow. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Leaking goals? 2nd best defence in the league and 3 of the 8 were against Everton when we won by 3 goals.

Weve let in a goal a game and scored roughly 2.8 per game. Ill take that ratio tomorrow. :pac:

It's impossible to score .8 of a goal Gav.

FFS :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

You're off your rocker!
    Not a hope of it finishing 2.8-1 to Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Chelsea away in the league this season.
    Burnley scored 1
    Everton scored 3
    Man City scored 1
    Crystal Palace scored 1

Chelsea has no clean sheets away from home this season in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Don't post much in this thread (or any for that matter) but my first born son arrived today and now I'm feeling confident United are going to win tomo and make this the best weekend ever!

Come on United you've got a brand new fan cheering you on tomorrow!

With the attacking talent United possess it shouldn't really matter about whether the opposition is leaking goals or not, I would suggest that this Chelsea defence can certainly be got at but I wouldnt say they are leaking goals really. United are leaking goals alright

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Don't post much in this thread (or any for that matter) but my first born son arrived today and now I'm feeling confident United are going to win tomo and make this the best weekend ever!

Congrats :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

So is Falcao a doubt for tomorrow??

Edit: yep he is. Got a kick in training on Friday according to Van Gaal.

adox wrote: »

Why would he be? He is fit to my knowledge anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

kryogen wrote: »
    Why would he be? He is fit to my knowledge anyway

Was reading murmurings on Twitter from usually reliable people and then seen after posting that it's on manutd.com as well with quotes from Van Gaal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Edit: yep he is. Got a kick in training on Friday according to Van Gaal.

Probably from Jones the big awkward lump.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    It's impossible to score .8 of a goal Gav.

FFS :p

I could round it up to 3 but want to be pedantic and accurate :)

Was reading murmurings on Twitter from usually reliable people and then seen after posting that it's on manutd.com as well with quotes from Van Gaal.

I watched the press conference but somehow missed him mention Falcao was a doubt so!

**** it, I hope he is ready to go cause his hold up play and all round sexiness will be very important to us

Congrats for you, dont forget to get him that mini Man Utd Jersey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

zerks wrote: »
    Probably from Jones the big awkward lump.
    Phil smash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Phil smash!

Puny Falcao.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Congrats, make sure to get down the bookies and get a bet on him being a Utd player by the time he turns 21. Mate of mine did this and got it framed and it hangs on the living room wall of his house.

Fingers crossed you get to see today's match, those first few days are hectic and wild tiring!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A lot of talk about a Falcao injury? Not liking this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Pity they don't put Jones up front and he's smashes Chelsea's back four! God almighty why Falcao!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

FutureGuy wrote: »

Just seen in my FF league he's injured.

• Advertisement

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-vs-chelsea-radamel-falcao-a-doubt-for-premier-league-clash-9818629.html

Hopefully its LVG's version of "Costa's not playing"

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Very worrying considering RVP's recent form. Despite a few goals he hasn't been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm very surprised that a lot of people seem to think it's going to be x-0 to Chelsea today. I can see both teams scoring, but I fear it'll be our defence that lets things down overall.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I'm very surprised that a lot of people seem to think it's going to be x-0 to Chelsea today. I can see both teams scoring, but I fear it'll be our defence that lets things down overall.
    I don't think it will be that straight forward either.
    We have become so unpredictable, no idea how we will perform against top opposition.

To confirm: Costa confirmed to start on SSN

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I don't think it will be that straight forward either.
    We have become so unpredictable, no idea how we will perform against top opposition.

To confirm: Costa confirmed to start on SSN

Shocker!

Most expected that I believe, can never take Jose at his word, hopefully Costa isn't fit and a repeat of his old 10 minute cameo occurs

I think Falcao being out is a **** of thing, but it may be a blessing in disguise if he just puts RvP through the middle alone, has a solid 3 in midfield (Blind, Herrera, Fellaini) leaving Mata with less defensive responsibility then when we go two up top to do his thing in behind RvP.

The wings then can be Di Maria and.......ah one of the others, Januzaj maybe, probably Valencia of course!

I would not be opposed to that kind of line up at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Shocker!

Most expected that I believe, can never take Jose at his word, hopefully Costa isn't fit and a repeat of his old 10 minute cameo occurs

What word? what did Jose say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Shocker!

I think Falcao being out is a **** of thing, but it may be a blessing in disguise if he just puts RvP through the middle alone, has a solid 3 in midfield (Blind, Herrera, Fellaini) leaving Mata with less defensive responsibility then when we go two up top to do his thing in behind RvP.

The wings then can be Di Maria and.......ah one of the others, Januzaj maybe, probably Valencia of course!

I would not be opposed to that kind of line up at all

Blind
    Herrera Fellaini
    Val/Jan Mata Di Maria
    Rvp?

Think you've miscounted unless we play 3 at back.

What word? what did Jose say?

Well, he started by saying Costa was injured, he continued to down play his chances of playing in the game, then he gave that glimmer of hope by saying there was a small chance, probably not because he had been to hospital, but a small chance as he had done some "individual" training on Friday

Are you a Chelsea fan? Shouldn't you be more up to date with your managers comments then me?

Underdogs or not I can't wait for this match.

I'm like little kid at Christmas.

Football really starts in 50mins though.

Hibs/United double please

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Blind
    Herrera Fellaini
    Val/Jan Mata Di Maria
    Rvp?

Think you've miscounted unless we play 3 at back.

Dammit! I certainly did have a brain fart there

Ok leave out Fellaini/Mata and keep the rest

We would surely have a decent shot with 12 men though right?

Costa trained Friday and Saturday. Im not sure if hes recovered from that bug enough to be an influence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Would go with
    Blind. Fellani
    Valencia Herrera. Di Maria
    Falcao

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Robson99 wrote: »
    Would go with
    Blind. Fellani
    Falcao

Valencia is supposed to be injured AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Robson99 wrote: »
    Would go with
    Blind. Fellani
    Falcao

Did you read any of the previous posts ?
    Falcao is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

yabadabado wrote: »
    Did you read any of the previous posts ?
    Falcao is out.

Start him anyways. **** with Mourinhos head. He'll end up playing Cech in the hole and Drogba in nets. Ivanovic up top alone and six players at left back.

Falcao picks up a knock doesn't not equate to him being out! Is it confirmed on SSN or are people going with rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

We're not doing that badly at all. We didn't have our new signings for the early games and we beat the West Ham side that beat City yesterday.

A lot of these middling teams will take points from the big clubs this season. There is a lot of decent sides there who are playing some good football.

Yes we dropped points to easier teams. Our away form is terrible but I think we can feel a little hard done by in a couple of those games and our injury problems at the back definitely contributed to it.

Has Van Gaal made the bewildering squad or sub selections Moyes was making last season? Has he thrown in over 80 crosses against a team who had a strong height advantage?

I'm not saying he's not open to any criticism but in my eyes he's doing a lot better than Moyes was despite the lower points tally this far into the season.

Do any of you genuinely think we won't get top 4 this season? Who's going to take our place if so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Savage, I think we have a good chance if Costa isn't playing.

Just a shame we might be missing Falcao now as well :(

zerks wrote: »

How reliable is that twitter source? Big boost for Utd if it's true.

madcabbage wrote: »
    How reliable is that twitter source? Big boost for Utd if it's true.

Dunno but we'll know soon enough.

Speaking of tweets,Carricks' brother tweeted that he's heading to OT to "watch @Carra16 do his stuff after 5-6 months out".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement