Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

yabadabado wrote: »
    Falcao is out.

Did you read any of the previous posts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Any news on if the match will be delayed due to the train issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

kryogen wrote: »
    Dammit! I certainly did have a brain fart there

Ok leave out Fellaini/Mata and keep the rest

We would surely have a decent shot with 12 men though right?

I'd drop mata and play the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any news on if the match will be delayed due to the train issues.

The club say no delay but seems there's chaos due to a train breaking down this morning.Fans were told to travel via Sheffield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Falcao after scoring the winner today.

213px-166.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Dare I say it but would it mad to put Fellani in behind RVP with Di Maria/ Young as wide support? Presuming Falcao isn't selected today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I'm trying really hard to optimistic about this game. If Man Utd can get an early goal who knows what will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Valmont wrote: »
    I'm trying really hard to optimistic about this game. If Man Utd can get an early goal who knows what will happen.

We will sit back and invite them onto us more then likely!

Falcao after scoring the winner today.

213px-166.jpg

Gonna be hard seeing as he's not playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

BloodBath wrote: »
    Do any of you genuinely think we won't get top 4 this season? Who's going to take our place if so?

Any team with a decent defence should beat us at the moment, because we're like a wet paper bag at the back regardless of what we do in attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Nobody giving us an absolute chance today - oh it would be so Manchester United to surprise the whole fcuking lot of them - Come on to fcuk! :) 2-1 United, you heard it first..

2454607852_1bdaf396bf_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

NUTZZ wrote: »

Jones & Young also injured in training.Jones probably did his usual tackle,hurt Falcao & in the process hurt himself.

Looking like Smalling & Rojo as our CB's today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Time for jones Evans and smalling to be shipped out , they can't be relied upon , can't stay fit and they can't have any arguments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Can't wait for this. We can get a result out of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

We should offer b Dortmund 70m for hummels and subotnic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭xtal191

Jones is an absolute joke for injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Time for jones Evans and smalling to be shipped out , they can't be relied upon , can't stay fit and they can't have any arguments

Jones definitely should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Jones is really starting to annoy me at this stage. Time to replace him as a first team player purely on his fitness issues.

• Advertisement

I'd keep Jones as I think he is a decent player. Buy a top CB though.

KH25 wrote: »
    I'd keep Jones as I think he is a decent player. Buy a top CB though.

When he plays,I swear the guy couldn't play FIFA without breaking his fingers.

zerks wrote: »
    When he plays,I swear the guy couldn't play FIFA without breaking his fingers.

Yeah he's some man for picking up injuries. That said I wouldn't ship him out. He may get over the habit. By all means lets buy 1 or 2 top CB's though.

I would also keep Evans as I think he's shown he can be very good and consistent for us. Smalling needs to step up big time though. He needs to show he can be good enough this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I miss Vidic. Jones, Smalling and Evans are too injury prone to ever be reliable centre backs.

We're probably going to make 45 year old Drogba look like a superstar today.

Feck my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

J. Marston wrote: »

Feck my life.

I love the big game matches, its what Man Utd are all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We should offer b Dortmund 70m for hummels and subotnic

You've gone too far with you fantasy lineups, Shadowcomplex. No way we're signing the baddie from Sonic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Jones makes Saha look like the bionic man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I miss Vidic. Jones, Smalling and Evans are too injury prone to ever be reliable centre backs.
    I agree. Jones needs to be tougher for the way he plays. I've also heard an OPTA statistic that Man Utd could have paid for Di Maria with cash they've had to give to doctors and physios for Jones and Smalling over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I've also heard an OPTA statistic that Man Utd could have paid for Di Maria with cash they've had to give to doctors and physios for Jones and Smalling over the years.

That's total BS though.

I'm surprised someone would swallow such a fib whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jeez lads 50k a day and he's not even on the bench, any reasoning?

Edit: He's injured apparently.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I agree. Jones needs to be tougher for the way he plays. I've also heard an OPTA statistic that Man Utd could have paid for Di Maria with cash they've had to give to doctors and physios for Jones and Smalling over the years.

You think the doctors have been paid over 59.7 million pounds over the last few years?

Jesus.

United have not won any of the 11 Premier League games that they have been losing at half-time in 2014 (D3, L8)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

You think the doctors have been paid over 59.7 million pounds over the last few years?

Jesus.
    Kinda ridiculous alright. At this stage Jones likely has a discretionary medical card so the doctors woulda been free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

If Jones, Smalling or Evans can't make a decent claim for a position in this back four then they should be sold at the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

glued wrote: »
    If Jones, Smalling or Evans can't make a decent claim for a position in this back four then they should be sold at the end of the year.

We need squad players and the above players are well capable of stepping in. What I dont want to see is these players starting the very big games because I dont believe they are good enough.

Its mad Ted to even consider selling all those players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

glued wrote: »

Evans has nothing to prove, he has preformed a high level for years now. He has been struggling with injuries and is admittedly in awful form, I'm confident he will return to form. He may not be world class, even on his day, but is good enough for a squad CB. On the other hand, Jones and Smalling still have everything to prove after quite a number of years, if both of them could actually stay fit for any decent length of time that would be a start. I wouldn't be sad or surprised to see either of them leave.

I miss last seasons RVP

Headshot wrote: »
    I miss last seasons RVP

He's actually done quite well today, hold up play has been very good but still not quick enough in doing something with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thats whats holding him back right now, a small bit of indecision. I am hoping it will start to click for him soon though

Won't get a better chance to beat Chelsea than this, they are there to be got at. Could all change second half though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Who is Chelsea's current penalty taker at the moment?

Mr_Red wrote: »
    Who is Chelsea's current penalty taker at the moment?

I'd imagine Hazard would take it if there was one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

I'd imagine Hazard would take it if there was one.

Might be a bet for chelsea fans

I just hope united can bang one in

Mr_Red wrote: »
    Might be a bet for chelsea fans

And United fans....

17/2, worth a pop.

• Advertisement

He's actually done quite well today, hold up play has been very good but still not quick enough in doing something with it.

I very much agree, but I feel we should of been one up by now

Feck my life.

Naturally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Naturally.

He scored from a corner. Hardly remarkable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

These things happen in cycles. Liverpool had their day and Manchester United had theirs. Other teams come along. They'll start winning again in a few years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

stonewall peno - mourinho has the officials running scared of his big mouth

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement