Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

Kate Bush put a stop to it at her her recent gigs, although I wonder how successful it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

kryogen wrote: »
    Drives me insane, at one of the Springsteen gigs last year a guy literally stood there (close enough to us, in the pit) and watched the entire thing through his tablet. I mean (actually thats probably a bit strong, does my tits in but I get over it quick enough by feeling very sorry for the individual...) for **** sake are you there to enjoy the experience or not?

Has happened at numerous concerts I have been to and I will never understand it. Goes against what its about to me, was the same in the Aviva for Roger Waters last year actually, and OCS in the Olympia! Last year was a particularly bad year for it obviously, must be getting more and more common

I can't understand it. You pay a fair amount of money to see a band or a team live. Why would you then spend the entire time watching it through a little screen? It's baffling. I barely get any photos at those kind of things because I'm too wrapped up in enjoying the experience.

Anyways, just had to get that out of my system. Back to football! I see Keane bagged himself a hat trick for the reserves last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/telefootball/status/519787257545641984

What a fcuking legend The Frenchman was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

This is the most riveting conversation we have ever had.

10/10 would read again, although I would take pictures of the converstation and read it that way to annoy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

This is the most riveting conversation we have ever had.

10/10 would read again, although I would take pictures of the converstation and read it that way to annoy people.

This is what the international break reduces us to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

irishfeen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/telefootball/status/519787257545641984

What a fcuking legend The Frenchman was...

Ugh, in the caption for the image in that article they mixed up quite and quiet. It's bad enough when I see it on boards but a telegraph article? Really shouldn't annoy me so much but it's far too common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Blind is the image of his father and he clearly has always had great hair. Must be strong genes in the family

10635870_672554716168352_617498587000696494_n.jpg?oh=e1a9456954c095e141e1bb58a5fb4004&oe=54C87E02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Blind is the image of his father and he clearly has always had great hair. Must be strong genes in the family

10635870_672554716168352_617498587000696494_n.jpg?oh=e1a9456954c095e141e1bb58a5fb4004&oe=54C87E02

Great pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Are we rating how sexy kids' hair is now?

Spazdarn wrote: »
    Are we rating how sexy kids' hair is now?

I didn't say it was sexy. I said it was great. Don't be twisting my words.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I didn't say it was sexy. I said it was great. Don't be twisting my words.

hansen.png

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I'm only messing.. Cool the jets!

Liam O wrote: »
    Ugh, in the caption for the image in that article they mixed up quite and quiet. It's bad enough when I see it on boards but a telegraph article? Really shouldn't annoy me so much but it's far too common.
    Ha being upset at that is very normal anyway... We can't all be English teachers like yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I've gotten the phone out at OT before when say there was a free kick and it looked a goal could be coming or for penalties. Never for open play though or never for 90 mins though. I don't know how someone would have the patience.

I was always very self aware about blocking anyone's view and would hold it at chest height. So it can be done respectfully.

Its good to have a video and look back years later to see something from the viewpoint you had that day.

Saying that I've come across some much more annoying characters in OT without a camera. Like a guy a few seats from me who wanted to give everyone a running commentary of the entire 90 mins complete with foul language. He was convinced the ref could actually hear him about three tiers up and of course he stood up everytime he went on a rant. "Fcuk1ng refs a c**t, fcuk1ng w**ker, YOUR A FCUK1NG W**NKER REF". This and letting players know how sh*t they are about twice a minute over the entire 90mins, standing up for every rant and not caring about the kids with their parents close by. Telling people to f'off when asked to pipe down.

I'd take camera guy over that any day. He's filming something. If he's not blocking your view why would you care about how he spends his matchday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I've gotten the phone out at OT before when say there was a free kick and it looked a goal could be coming or for penalties. Never for open play though or never for 90 mins though. I don't know how someone would have the patience.

I was always very self aware about blocking anyone's view and would hold it at chest height. So it can be done respectfully.

Its good to have a video and look back years later to see something from the viewpoint you had that day.

Saying that I've come across some much more annoying characters in OT without a camera. Like a guy a few seats from me who wanted to give everyone a running commentary of the entire 90 mins complete with foul language. He was convinced the ref could actually hear him about three tiers up and of course he stood up everytime he went on a rant. "Fcuk1ng refs a c**t, fcuk1ng w**ker, YOUR A FCUK1NG W**NKER REF". This and letting players know how sh*t they are about twice a minute over the entire 90mins, standing up for every rant and not caring about the kids with their parents close by. Telling people to f'off when asked to pipe down.

I'd take camera guy over that any day. He's filming something. If he's not blocking your view why would you care about how he spends his matchday.

that guy has mental issues.

but the other guy that did the video probably had a gopro camera on his head

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

bangkok wrote: »
    that guy has mental issues.

but the other guy that did the video probably had a gopro camera on his head

You can get chest and arm mounts for them too but the zooming in and out would indicate its a handheld. The gopro doesn't zoom, its got a stationary fisheye type lens that makes things look higher/wider than they are.

I doubt he's got it mounted, its most likely a handheld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's a handheld...

http://vimeo.com/104248940

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The guy pays for a ticket, also seems to follow the team around to away games. If that's how he gets his enjoyment then all power to him tbh.
    Ha being upset at that is very normal anyway... We can't all be English teachers like yourself :)

Be quite you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

theres 3 lads (one of them is no more than 10/11 years old so i assume its a father,his son and another lad) who just shout abuse all the time and last sunday it was Shaw.

he got called Fat, Pudding, Donkey, useless fat ***** and everything imaginable. someday, somebody is going to get rubbed up the wrong way and their will be a brawl.

these idiots shouldnt be left near the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Ye was at White Hart Lane before and it was awful. Two fella's in front of me screaming and shouting for 90 mins hurling abuse at the players. The stewards should do something about them, everybody around them being put off the game. I know you can't protect kids from the odd bit of swearing but when you have kids listening to idiots like these for 90+ minutes something should be done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

won't someone think of the childerin

lol

The gentrification of the SkySports era, lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Dozens of TV cameras at every game and that twat thinks he needs to record it. :rolleyes:
    scudzilla wrote: »
    That guy who recorded it, what an annoying twat, did he actually record the whole game??

So we can't abuse managers or players, but two people abusing a match day going fan is OK?

You guys are a setting a great example supporting the team from your couches guys, posting abuse about match goers online, that'll show him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

So we can't abuse managers or players, but two people abusing a match day going fan is OK?

You guys are a setting a great example supporting the team from your couches guys, posting abuse about match goers online, that'll show him.

I couldn't give less of a fuck about setting an example for anybody. I gave my opinion and I stand by it. So toodle on, theres a good chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

RasTa wrote: »
    It's a handheld...

http://vimeo.com/104248940

how does that prove its handheld?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

For him to be able to zoom in on a player like he does, he'd have to be holding it in front of himself so that he can see the screen on the camera.

Hate international breaks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Sacramento wrote: »

ole ole ole ooooleee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Typical,the Gibraltar snoozefest is on Saturday & I'm working Wednesday so won't get to see the Germany match.

We get to spend the week hoping no more of our players get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭bren2001

zerks wrote: »
    Typical,the Gibraltar snoozefest is on Saturday & I'm working Wednesday so won't get to see the Germany match.

We get to spend the week hoping no more of our players get injured.

We play Germany on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

According to Physioroom, everyone bar Young, Lingard and McNair will be fit for our next league game. Great news. (it says Shaw is injured but he's training with England U21s so must be ok)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I couldn't give less of a fuck about setting an example for anybody. I gave my opinion and I stand by it. So toodle on, theres a good chap.

Nobody gives a **** about your uninformed opinion though, start a blog instead like a good chap.

Meow, Sherly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

You can see its handheld on this other video around the 45 second mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bren2001 wrote: »
    We play Germany on Tuesday.

Still no good,I'm working Tuesday aswell.Damn spoilsports:mad::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,841 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lets talk about United lads

Who's our next signing gonna be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I'll take a link too if they are going. Could do with a laugh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I would have thought it goes without saying that discussions about banned users, who have zero to do with the United thread, would be against the Charter.

Will be deleting posts which relate to such discussions, but to point out the obvious for those who don't get it, don't bring up such things. No discussions of banned users, their blogs, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I would have thought it goes without saying that discussions about banned users, who have zero to do with the United thread, would be against the Charter.

Will be deleting posts which relate to such discussions, but to point out the obvious for those who don't get it, don't bring up such things. No discussions of banned users, their blogs, etc.

Ah c'mon at least its prolonging any Welbeck or Cleverly discussion that is normally due around now. :P

Meow, Sherly.

That's enough meow

That's enough meow

We are all in trouble meow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

This is almost as intriguing as the ITK posts about transfers....I'm feeling very out of the loop

Edit...Apologies I didn't see the mod post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

It's all kicking off meow!:eek:

#inthemeow

Are you guys... saying meow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I was up in Dublin on Monday for the Ed Sheeran concert (I'm not from Dublin and wouldn't be OVERLY familar with it) anyway, I was on the way down to the 3Arena when I spotted the JP Morgan building, I left out a little giggle to myself, the woman didn't get it at all.

I was up in Dublin on Monday for the Ed Sheeran concert (I'm not from Dublin and wouldn't be OVERLY familar with it) anyway, I was on the way down to the 3Arena when I spotted the JP Morgan building, I left out a little giggle to myself, the woman didn't get it at all.
    WTF is the 3Arena?? :pac:

WTF is the 3Arena?? :pac:

The O2 is now the 3Arena.

... their strategic advertisement strategy has obviously worked very well - someone obviously in line for a Christmas bonus in Three :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

What could possibly go wrong when the name of a visitor attraction changes name every few years?

At least now there's less chance of people buying tickets for the O2 in London by mistake. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

... their strategic advertisement strategy has obviously worked very well - someone obviously in line for a Christmas bonus in Three :)

Three bought O2, so it's probably that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement