Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

One player I really wished we signed in the summer is Alexis Sanchez , I'd say we were in for him aswell but he wanted a London club , he would very much be a Lvg type player too , can you imagine him and di Maria on either side in a 433 , is there any other right sided player we could go for as good scores as many goals and is available , robben is probably even better but he's too old now and settled at bayern , perhaps cuadrado ?
    I'd say mata is def gone in the summer , Rooney will be our number 10 and Januzai his understudy , I reckon a move for Vidal or more likely strootman is most def on the cards

Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Nani

Worst comes to worst we get a nice fee for him next summer.

Confidence seemed to has returned to his game with a run in that Sporting side. We could see the player of 3 years ago next season hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

beno619 wrote: »
    Confidence seemed to has returned to his game with a run in that Sporting side.

Funny how that works, isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's the general consensus on Mata? Everytime I've seen United play this season, which isn't as much as you lot, he's been anonymous at best and it's hard to see what he offers the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What's the general consensus on Mata? Everytime I've seen United play this season, which isn't as much as you lot, he's been anonymous at best and it's hard to see what he offers the team.

The new Torres...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah Stop!

You can point to a nice pass or through ball here and there, but the simple fact is that Mata has not performed nearly enough, especially not for somebody who needed to stake a place when Rooney was out suspended.

Ah Stop!

Apologies if it wasn't him but I'm 90% certain I've seen super_furry post that more than once.

Apologies if it wasn't him but I'm 90% certain I've seen super_furry post that more than once.

Ah fair enough then.

Ah fair enough then.

He's like a dog with a bone actually, doubt there would be any point trying to convince him otherwise... Even though Mata has a much better goal ratio and he's not even a striker, that's how bad Torres was for Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Haha was just about to do that as well.

So four posts criticising him in games where he's been poor and two comparisons to Torres? Hardly a 'dog with a bone'. As I said I haven't seen him as much as United fans which is why I asked here.

4 of your last 4 posts about man utd, after allegedly not watched him, in match threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

So four posts criticising him in games where he's been poor and two comparisons to Torres? Hardly a 'dog with a bone'. As I said I haven't seen him as much as United fans which is why I asked here.

He's no Torres anyway, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some speculation/rumour that United will make a bid for Ezequiel Garay in January.
    Yes we heard that before...

They were all in the one week and then you say you haven't seen him that much???

Funny how that works, isn't it.

Preaching to the choir :P
    You can point to a nice pass or through ball here and there, but the simple fact is that Mata has not performed nearly enough, especially not for somebody who needed to stake a place when Rooney was out suspended.

True, I think a lot of the little things Mata does in games gets lost on people though. It doesnt have to be spectacular but simple and efficient. Mata can only improve with the new system and better calibre of player.

I dont see him leaving either, were a top club and we need 2 world class players in every position. Madrid have James, Isco, Bale ect fighting for the spot in the team there's no reason we shouldn't have Rooney, Mata and Jan doing similar.

FFS, super_furry is allowed to have an opinion you know.

4 of your last 4 posts about man utd, after allegedly not watched him, in match threads.

Two or my last 10 actually after watching televised games. Not all games are televised surprisingly enough.

They were all in the one week and then you say you haven't seen him that much???

Two games isn't all that much.

Anyway, sorry I bothered now. Wasn't aware that asking a group of supporters an opinion on a player would get you so up in arms.

• Advertisement

Who said he wasn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

But afair he's received replies on the last 4 times he posted the exact same thing.

Two games isn't all that much.

Anyway, sorry I bothered now. Wasn't aware that asking a group of supporters an opinion on a player would get you so up in arms.

I was happy just to leave it at "the new Torres" post which was just a jokey reply to yourself, it seems it needed explaining though.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    But afair he's received replies on the last 4 times he posted the exact same thing.

Except that's nonsense isn't it? The posts you refer too were expressing an opinion on a match thread not a discussion thread, one of which was responded to by a United fan.

Anyway as this is going nowhere and becoming increasingly off topic, I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

we released a report on our financials last night and Andy Green has summarised it -
    Andy Green @andersred ·
    Hopefully sorry mess of last two years will teach Woodward and the Glazers about the importance of long-term investment.
    Andy Green @andersred ·
    Total @manutd staff costs £214.8m up 19% vs. last year. #value
    Andy Green @andersred ·
    The executive management team at @ManUtd (EW etc) were paid £7.78m in 2013/14. #value
    Andy Green @andersred ·
    So @ManUtd spent £118,597,000 on transfers post 1st July 2014.
    Andy Green @andersred ·
    #MUFC net transfer spend since 1st July 2014 £92.8m
    Andy Green @andersred ·
    Given that @ManUtd had £66m in the bank at 30th June 2014, you have to assume the club used its bank facility on those transfers.
    Andy Green @andersred ·
    People asking about @ManUtd's bank facility. The club have a £75m facility, bit like an overdraft. Am sure it's been used over the summer.
    Andy Green @andersred ·
    Have said before that @ManUtd transfer spend is affordable. Cash profits still over £90m despite no CL and before Adidas deal.

considering the shocking season we had last year, its an absolute farce that our wage bill was so high - we really need to work on our contract negotiations and put minimum performances into players deals.

also nice of the board to pay themselves just under £8million for a year.

He's not impressed me, especially with Rooney out the last few games where he should have been trying to cement a starting place.
    He's more than likely going to be dropped for the city game next week.
    Although to his credit he was slightly improved against Chelsea but nothing spectacular and he has scored goals for us since signing.
    But not once have I said 'wow that was amazing'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's not impressed me, especially with Rooney out the last few games where he should have been trying to cement a starting place.
    He's more than likely going to be dropped for the city game next week.
    Although to his credit he was slightly improved against Chelsea but nothing spectacular and he has scored goals for us since signing.
    But not once have I said 'wow that was amazing'.

Bookmark this response for any other times you ask the same question Super xx

M!ck^ has it fairly spot on there. Mata has been decent but nowhere near the levels we wanted or expected. Torres was plain sh*te since the day he left Liverpool, there's no comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I fricking love this guy, such a buzz from the crowds reaction each time - http://vimeo.com/110233162

• Advertisement

I would have loved if Fellaini scored from the header though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

First time i seen Smalling live and i thought he was very good. His reading of the game is brilliant my only gripe would be that he is very awkward on the ball. He struggles to get the ball out of his feet and looks so panicked when closed down.

Rafael i thought was very good he put in a very matured performance. Having to mark on of the best players in the league for 80 minutes on a yellow was very tough. Instead of his usual instinct to attack he focused more on keeping on Hazard.

Shaw the first half linked up very well his best game so far.

Rojo i think done ok he is still adapting was it him who kicked the ball to a Chelsea player letting them one on one?

Fellaini was just everywhere he was unreal. He made the best play maker in the league anonymous it felt like Fabregas wasn't even on the field. Whilst also popping up further up the field offering a threat. He probably should have scored early in the game i backed him for first goal. His ability on frees and corners will also be a huge bonus. Looks like the player at Everton that most people wanted.

Blind was very good his reading of the game is very good and so is his tackling. But i do worry about his lack of pace.

Di Maria was awful a few times he lost the ball and didn't make an effort to chase back.

Janjuaz i thought did well in the game. He got in good positions a few times the only problem was his crosses were very week.

Mata i thought done ok he just seemed to be too deep. He made some lovely turns and flicks and won some frees in around the box.

Van Persie i don't know what more people expect from him. He was isolated and several times dropped deep under pressure took it down and sprayed in to the wings where we got crosses in. He got in good positions he should have scored early. His finishing seems to be lacking but i can see him getting back to his best.

De Gea was fantastic it was a pleasure to see two of the best keepers in the world. How far has he come from struggling on crosses to bossing that area Sunday. I was fearful of Chelsea's height but he claimed cross after cross and took off huge pressure.

Courtoius is brilliant i don't know if it was picked up on tv him and Fabregas having words. It was when we had a free on the edge of the box and Courtoius was setting the two man wall. He wasn't happy with the way Fabregas was lined up and tore into him. Fabregas started walking towards him and Cortoius walked out screaming at him and Fabregas walked away and done what he asked like a little child.

Overall i thought especially the first half we should have probably been one up but they edged the second half. I think a draw was fair enough and it's the best performance i think we have put in since i don't know when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I would have loved if Fellaini scored from the header though.

Me too, but I cannot help but think the celebrations would have been even worse and someone would have got injured!

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Van Persie i don't know what more people expect from him. He was isolated and several times dropped deep under pressure took it down and sprayed in to the wings where we got crosses in. He got in good positions he should have scored early. His finishing seems to be lacking but i can see him getting back to his best.

Most of the criticism towards him would be based on games up to Sunday, he was better but obviously could still improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bale to United growing legs according to Spanish press,Madrid are willing to do business.

http://www.fichajes.net/noticias/venta-bale-coge-forma-20141027.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    Bale to United growing legs according to Spanish press,Madrid are willing to do business.

Seen this crop up a few times now. Is he really struggling to set in? Or has the shiney new toy lost its appeal?

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    Most of the criticism towards him would be based on games up to Sunday, he was better but obviously could still improve.

Biggest dissapointment for me this season has been his finishing. I can think of 4 or 5 times recently he has got in on goal and missed a one on one. He is still getting in good positions but his finishing has been poor. That goal Sunday will do wonders for him i hope he goes on a run now.

I love Mata and i think he is a world class 10 but it just isn't it happening. He had 3 games to impress and he was distinctly average. I think if Rooney was playing we might have won the last two games. I think we will see Rooney behind RVP and Falcao and a return to the diamond with Mata and Janjuaz sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I don't see it as a deal we should be desperate to make. If the price is right then sure.

we could with the pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Think it's a non story, the Madrid press seem to be hyping up Isco but if Bale can't replace him in the team he will replace James I'm sure, he's miles better than James

Would love if it happened, 433 with Di Maria on the right, Bale on the left with Falcao up front and Rooney behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seen this crop up a few times now. Is he really struggling to set in? Or has the shiney new toy lost its appeal?

It's a case of "The Kagawa's",the system just can't seem to accomodate him.Now with the arrival of James & the way Isco is playing,Bale is finding it hard to fit into Ancelloti's game plan.

According to that article the price will be £5 million more than what Real paid.Considering we offered £100 million last season then that could be called a 'bargain'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/526707/Man-Utd-Real-Madrid-Javier-Hernandez

We should tell them pay the 17m or Fook Off, They always get premium price for the players they sell. We sold them Ruud for 9m which was a joke

Think it's a non story, the Madrid press seem to be hyping up Isco but if Bale can't replace him in the team he will replace James I'm sure, he's miles better than James

Would love if it happened, 433 with Di Maria on the right, Bale on the left with Falcao up front and Rooney behind

I was thinking about this , can Di-Maria and Bale play on either side?

Team for the weekend

Id like to see

De Gea
    Raf-Smalling-Rojo-Shaw
    -Herrera-Blind-Fellaini-
    -Rooney-RVP/Falcao-Di-Maria

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Team for the weekend

Id like to see

De Gea
    Raf-Smalling-Rojo-Shaw
    -Herrera-Blind-Fellaini-
    -Rooney-RVP/Falcao-Di-Maria

There's something wrong here, the team you've posted contains players that all play for Manchester United?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

It's a case of "The Kagawa's",the system just can't seem to accomodate him.Now with the arrival of James & the way Isco is playing,Bale is finding it hard to fit into Ancelloti's game plan.

According to that article the price will be £5 million more than what Real paid.Considering we offered £100 million last season then that could be called a 'bargain'.

For me anything over 60m is a lot. If Madrid want to sell who exactly are the likely buyers at prices over 80m ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Bale isn't worth anywhere near 100m. We could get Marco Reus for half of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I dunno how he's not fitting in? He missed the last two games through injury. Prior to that he had 4 goals in 7 league games. Isco has performed well in those two games but nothing to suggest he is better than Bale.

This is a non story IMO. Chris Coleman was doing el classico the weekend and was saying how much Gareth loves Madrid and is really enjoying the lifestyle and new culture.

De Gea

Raf
    Smalling
    Rojo
    Shaw

Blind

Fellaini
    Di Maria

Rooney

RVP
    Falcao

The thoughts of the pace and power of Di Maria on Bale on the wings is scary but not a hope Bale joins i thought he has been very good for Madrid.

Rumor that Rooney is injured...SSN

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement