Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We are going to have to score a few against City, Aguero can make mincemeat out of any defence when he's on form

Hopefully Toure has another off day, getting a lot more frequent too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Rumor that Rooney is injured...SSN

Plus Falcao could be out aswell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We are going to have to score a few against City, Aguero can make mincemeat out of any defence when he's on form

Hopefully Toure has another off day, getting a lot more frequent too

I'm far less concerned about Yaya than I was last year for two reasons. Firstly, he looks like he is dialling in performances so far this year. Secondly, we have far more in midfield to deal with him this year.

It's Aguero that has me worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Nuts102 wrote: »
    The thoughts of the pace and power of Di Maria on Bale on the wings is scary but not a hope Bale joins i thought he has been very good for Madrid.

In a couple of years, when his daughter reaches school-going age, he'll more than likely come back to England.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm far less concerned about Yaya than I was last year for two reasons. Firstly, he looks like he is dialling in performances so far this year. Secondly, we have far more in midfield to deal with him this year.

I find it odd that Aguero wasn't hauled up in front of the FA for his stamp the other day.
    The statement was that "the referee dealt with it",maybe I watched the wrong game but the ref did nothing at the time.Did his report state "I saw him stamp 2 footed on his opponent but felt it didn't warrant action"?
    I thought retrospective action was to be taken if the ref didn't take action for an offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

zerks wrote: »
    I find it odd that Aguero wasn't hauled up in front of the FA for his stamp the other day.
    The statement was that "the referee dealt with it",maybe I watched the wrong game but the ref did nothing at the time.Did his report state "I saw him stamp 2 footed on his opponent but felt it didn't warrant action"?
    I thought retrospective action was to be taken if the ref didn't take action for an offense.

If it was Rooney who did it, there would have been an outrage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Are you going to captain him in FPL? I'm gauging your worriedness here

If it was Rooney who did it, there would have been an outrage.

100% agreed. Aguero is not a member of the The Rooney, Fellaini, Ballotelli, Terry, Van Persie, Joey Barton and Kevin Nolan easy to slate group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody think we could play more cautious away with one up front we need to stop Aguero.

Blind

Fellaini
    Di Maria
    Herrera

Rooney

RVP

• Advertisement

Anybody think we could play more cautious away with one up front we need to stop Aguero.

Blind

Fellaini
    Di Maria
    Herrera

Rooney

RVP

We'll need to do something like this if they go with

Ferdinho Lampard Yaya
    Milner/Navas Silva
    Aguero

Trilla wrote: »
    Are you going to captain him in FPL? I'm gauging your worriedness here

Even with Chelsea at home to QPR, I am considering it. That's how concerned I am.

Hopefully Rooney and Falcao are ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Aguero has a nasty streak hes done it twice against Chelsea, in the FA Cup semi final he had a wild two footed stamp on Luiz down his thigh.

Hes probably the best CF in the league but hes got a nasty tendency and hes got away with it so far in England while others would probably have been hung out to dry by some quarters.

Homegrown talent table here, we're up in second behind Barcelona.

B1CIu5qIcAAIOUn.jpg:large

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Aguero has a nasty streak hes done it twice against Chelsea, in the FA Cup semi final he had a wild two footed stamp on Luiz down his thigh.

Hes probably the best CF in the league but hes got a nasty tendency and hes got away with it so far in England while others would probably have been hung out to dry by some quarters.

City have gotten away with absolute murder when it comes to the lack of punishment of such incidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Homegrown talent table here, we're up in second behind Barcelona.

B1CIu5qIcAAIOUn.jpg:large

Ajax with 0 homegrown players... does not compete.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    Ajax with 0 homegrown players... does not compete.

Not a "big 5" league club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not a "big 5" league club.

Cheers, was genuinely boggled for a moment there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Even with Chelsea at home to QPR, I am considering it. That's how concerned I am.

Hopefully Rooney and Falcao are ok.

Don't worry, I'll captain Aguero. I stopped his goalscoring run by bringing him in for the weekend so will double up the pressure this week :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Liam O wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'll captain Aguero. I stopped his goalscoring run by bringing him in for the weekend so will double up the pressure this week :p

I did the same thing after swearing never to buy Aguero again after getting stung with him previous seasons.

He always seems to pick up an injury directly after I buy him.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Cheers, was genuinely boggled for a moment there!

It had me slightly vexed for a while too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Christ that breaking video of Diego Maradonna is going to ruin him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Wanna post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Wanna post it?

Not really as I seen it elsewhere and its vile but there is a thread about it now so help yourself....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057316161

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Yeah, clicked into it there. Sozbbz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

There's a thread started about it so probably best to comment on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tv3 showing "United" tonight at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Any way of changing up the Anderson chant to make it for Fellaini instead?
    1st or 2nd name could work as they both have 3 syllables and he did a lot more sh!tting on fabregas at the weekend then Anderson ever did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/526707/Man-Utd-Real-Madrid-Javier-Hernandez

We should tell them pay the 17m or Fook Off, They always get premium price for the players they sell. We sold them Ruud for 9m which was a joke

They really don't you know, its quite often the other way around in fact, they off load for less then they should, they pay a big premium a hell of a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

"United" on TV3 right now...excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Watched it before & though it was excellent. Speaking as football fan in general it was such a tragedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Jaysus that was a hard watch, excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Only caught the last hour, emotional stuff. In todays game no club could recover so quick, and only a handful could recover from it without it crippling the club, horrible to think about it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Hococop wrote: »
    Only caught the last hour, emotional stuff. In todays game no club could recover so quick, and only a handful could recover from it without it crippling the club, horrible to think about it :(

Yup, watched it before and there were tears shed.

In a somewhat related topic, I read this article around the same time and found it very interesting, hadn't heard about it before but would have thought there'd be a tighter bond between Real and United afterwards? (as in more recent years)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/how-real-madrid-helped-to-rebuild-manchester-united-after-munich-air-disaster-8492422.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yup, watched it before and there were tears shed.

In a somewhat related topic, I read this article around the same time and found it very interesting, hadn't heard about it before but would have thought there'd be a tighter bond between Real and United afterwards? (as in more recent years)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/how-real-madrid-helped-to-rebuild-manchester-united-after-munich-air-disaster-8492422.html

I support Real Madrid as my Spanish team for this reason, even if I think their transfer policy can be bewildering at times.
    But at least it benefited us for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

Any way of changing up the Anderson chant to make it for Fellaini instead?
    1st or 2nd name could work as they both have 3 syllables and he did a lot more sh!tting on fabregas at the weekend then Anderson ever did?

Fellaini ni ni
    Doesn't have a dodgy knee
    Fellaini ni ni
    Vidal no longer do we need
    To the left to the right, do the Afro dance all night
    He is class with the pass
    And he sh1ts on Fabregas*

* I do not agree with most of what I've written up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Seen a few rumours linking us with Virgil van dijk, Aymeric Laporte and that man again, Ezequiel Garay........

I'd be very surprised if we don't sign a central defender in the next window, would any of the above 3 be commanding enough for us ?

Jones, Smalling and Evans just not up to it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Seen a few rumours linking us with Virgil van dijk, Aymeric Laporte and that man again, Ezequiel Garay........

I'd be very surprised if we don't sign a central defender in the next window, would any of the above 3 be commanding enough for us ?

I think it's more a case of not keeping fit than not being up to it.

Evans has shown in the past he is more than good enough.
    Jones when finally given a run of games has improved massively
    Smalling i seen him Sunday and off the ball his movement and anticipation is fantastic my worry is his ability on the ball
    Rojo i am still not sold on

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

I think it's more a case of not keeping fit than not being up to it.

I'm well aware of their fitness problems but outside of that i've yet to see any sign from them that they will develop into the commanding no nonsense centre half our defence really lacks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Fellaini woah oh
    Fellaini woah oh
    He looks like a massive tree
    He completely bossed Chelsea....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

he's big, he's bad, he's Marouane,
    sh*ts on Fabregas, like no man can
    with affro hair beware,
    try and have a go if you dare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That Wes Brown song is in me head now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

advertsfox wrote: »
    MNF vid

Eewwww!!! Not a pretty header on that vid on the touch site.

326710.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Delboy5 wrote: »

Looks a fantastic prospect.

Just an update on the Bale story,there was a piece on the Clasico on Off The Ball last night and the topic of Bale came up.Seems like he hasn't integrated with the locals at all over there and isn't fulfilling his role with the fans & the media as is expected of players.He basically lives in his own bubble and even admitted that he still finds it difficult to get to the training ground without his sat nav.
    Isco has become the new golden boy who is keen & works hard plus he's a local lad & a fan favourite unlike Bale who despite his professionalism isn't a huge hit with Madrid fans due to their perception of him being aloof & insular.

A return to England might not be as unlikely as it looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Just an update on the Bale story,there was a piece on the Clasico on Off The Ball last night and the topic of Bale came up.Seems like he hasn't integrated with the locals at all over there and isn't fulfilling his role with the fans & the media as is expected of players.He basically lives in his own bubble and even admitted that he still finds it difficult to get to the training ground without his sat nav.
    Isco has become the new golden boy who is keen & works hard plus he's a local lad & a fan favourite unlike Bale who despite his professionalism isn't a huge hit with Madrid fans due to their perception of him being aloof & insular.

A return to England might not be as unlikely as it looks.

yes i heard that last night too. i have a little bit of insider info as i work in the football world. he is definitely struggling to learn spanish also, utd are the only team i can see him going to and with adidas taking over our jerseys from next season the deal could become easier. i am aware real madrid are adidas too but they could be happy to at least have him move to another club they sponsor.

other bit of news i have is afaik rooney is fine for sunday and that comes from one of the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

unplayable wrote: »
    yes i heard that last night too. i have a little bit of insider info as i work in the football world. he is definitely struggling to learn spanish also, utd are the only team i can see him going to and with adidas taking over our jerseys from next season the deal could become easier. i am aware real madrid are adidas too but they could be happy to at least have him move to another club they sponsor.

other bit of news i have is afaik rooney is fine for sunday and that comes from one of the players.

I've yet to see a transfer happen because a club and player share a sponsor.

I wouldn't mind the cost,as I said before,we were willing to outbid Madrid.The prospect of Bale instead of 'Turn Back Tony' on one side & Di Maria on the other would be a scary prospect.

Any word on Falcao,it seems he got a kick but isn't too bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I also remember reading something a while back in the Telegraph about Bale and his wife wanting to move back to England by the time their two year old child is able to start school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

We need Rooney back for Sunday, he usually raises his game for City. Any word on Falcao?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement